Something about us

She is not my dongsaeng

From the author : 

Happy New Year! May the year 2015 brings you good luck, joy and happiness.

Please continue to support our beloved Monday Couple (hopefully, they will become Everyday Couple in 2015. My neck is getting longer, am getting more and more grey hairs and wrinkles. Gary and Ji Hyo, don't let us wait too long!).

Please continue to support my writting.

Happy New Year!!


Ji Hyo felt awkward as she sees Gary getting out of his car at the SBS carpark.

“Tae Han, please wait for a while before getting off the car.” Ji Hyo told Tae Han who drove Ji Hyo to the SBS building for the RM filming.

“Ji Hyo Ssi, is everything OK?” Tae Han turned to the passenger seat where Ji Hyo was sited.

“No no, I am OK. I just want to patch up my sunblock.” Ji Hyo quickly pretend to take out her makeup pouch and started applying the sunblock on her face while her eyes followed Gary.

Ever since the kisses and the touch that happened on the night where En Na walked out of Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo couldn’t bring herself to face Gary. Every time she sees Gary, her heart starts thumping, she felt giddy, her face started to turn red. The burning feeling on her face lasted for minutes till Gary walk away.

Very often, when Ji Hyo sees Gary approaching her or coming to her direction, she would pretend to talk on her mobile phone or pretend to read her script, signaling that she is busy.  Sometimes she would start talking to Kwang Soo or Haha to divert Gary’s attention.


“I saw her car at the car park just now, what takes her so long to come to the lift lobby.” Gary kept looking at the entrance of the lobby. He had already ‘missed’ 3 lifts that came by.

“Gary Hyung, how much longer do we have to wait? Why can’t we take that lift just now?” Sam, who is Gary’s assistant asked.

“We are not late, are we? Just wait for a while.” Gary still pinning his eyes at the lobby entrance.

 “Ji Hyo wasn’t talking much to me for the past 2 weeks after the cameras were off. Is she mad at me for overdoing things the other night?” Gary questioned himself.

On screen, the Monday Couple was still showing their chemistry but off screen, Gary sensed that Ji Hyo was trying to avoid him. Whenever he tried to strike a conservation with Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo just looked away and started talking to whoever who was nearest to her. Her replies to his questions and text messages were also short and shorter. Usually is just a “OK”, “Yes” or “Don’t know” kind of answers.

“Hyung, the lift is here, AGAIN. Let’s get in.” Sam was getting impatient.

“Oh, wait…here comes Kwang Soo and his manager. Let’s wait for them.” Gary urged.

“Hyung, what are you looking at?” Kwang Soo and his manager came through the lobby entrance followed by Ji Hyo and Tae Han.

“Looking at you! I get Sam to hold on to the lift for you and your manager, and also for Ji Hyo and Tae Han.” Gary stole a glance at Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo’s heart started pounding again as she sees Gary.

“Am I the only one who thinks he looks cool today?” Thoughts surfaced in Ji Hyo’s mind. Gary was wearing a black T-shirt with skeleton prints and a brown cotton jacket and a pair of blue jeans.

Ji Hyo felt the burning feeling on her face again.

“Noona, your face is so red. Not feeling well?” Kwang Soo asked with concerns.

“Kwang Soo. I am fine." Ji Hyo looked away from both Gary and Kwang, hoping that no one can sense that she was blushing.

"Noona, are you blushing then?" Kwang Soo asked again.

"This Lee Kwang Soo, can he stop asking me questions?" The bad Ji Hyo surface slowly.

"Yah! Lee Kwang Soo. Why should I be blushing? Is the weather.” Ji Hyo raised her voice and glared at Kwang Soo, at the same time trying to hide her embarrassment.

“Ji Hyo ar…you look so pretty today. Is it because today is Monday?” Gary kept staring at his Monday girl friend, cheesy lines escaped from his mouth.

Ji Hyo’s face got redder, her heart continued to pound. She pushed Tae Han forward saying that she did not have enough space in the lift. But in fact, she just wanted to hide herself behind some walls so that Gary cannot see her blushing face.


“Ji Hyo, are you mad at me?” Gary asked.

Ji Hyo couldn’t believe that Gary was standing infront her apartment at 12 am. RM filming wrapped up at 10 am. Ji Hyo was about to get some sleep after her shower and removing her makeup.

“Gary Oppa, what are you doing here at this hour?” Ji Hyo started to panic. What if someone sees them?

“Oppa, come in first.” Ji Hyo pulled Gary into her apartment, closing the door behind her quickly.

“Ji Hyo, I am sorry that I gave you a shock. But I knew that I will not be able to sleep tonight if I don’t get any answers from you. “  Gary looked straight into at Ji Hyo’s eyes.

“Oppa, what…er….what do you want to hear from me?” Ji Hyo walked to the couch.

“Are you mad at me? If yes, I shall apologise.” Gary followed tightly behind Ji Hyo.

“Why am I mad?” Ji Hyo gave a mong expression.

“The other night, I….I….I over done things…..on….on….this….couch.” Gary stammered.

“Yah! Oppa!’ Ji Hyo buried her face into the cushion pillow. The redness can be seen on her face and neck.

“Ji Hyo, I beg for your forgiveness.” Gary dropped down on his knees.

“Oppa, no, please don’t do that.” Ji Hyo pulled Gary up from the floor. She was exercising too much strength, both of them fell onto the couch.

Gary is now on top of Ji Hyo. His hands were on her waist while her hands were holding onto his back.

“Ji Hyo……I….I…can….can…you be……be…” Gary stumbled his words, his face getting red. Sweat gathered at his forehead

“STOP! Kang Gary, STOP!” Ji Hyo quickly stopped Gary. “Oh god, is he going to confess?” Ji Hyo screamed in her heart. “He is asking me to be his….his girlfriend?”

“Gary oppa, I know what you wanted to say. But don’t you think that things are going too fast between us?” Ji Hyo asked. She decided to have a good talk with Gary. There is no point to keep avoiding him. Jong Kok and Jae Suk were already asking her what was going on between Gary and herself today at the RM filming. The RM members, things just can’t escaped their sharp nose and detective eyes.

“I barely know you.” Ji Hyo tried to reason with Gary. She did not want Gary to feel no good about himself.

“Ji Hyo, I….I…actually wanted to tell you, can you be kind enough to remove your knee from my tummy. Your knee is pressing against my tummy, it hurts.” Gary felt embarrassed.

“What? My knees?” True enough, Ji Hyo’s knees hurts Gary’s tummy.

“Yah! Kang Gary, time to trim down your tummy!” Ji Hyo roared at Gary. She wanted to dig a hole on the floor and conceal herself under the tiles.

“What did I say just now? What did I say?!!” Ji Hyo pushed Gary away, she ran towards one of the walls in her living room and buried her face gainst the wall with her back towards Gary.

“Ji Hyo, if I take things slowly, I will stand a chance?” Gary walked towards Ji Hyo slowly, gave her a back hug, whispering his words into Ji Hyo’s ears.

“Kang Gary, go away. How am I to face you again after I said those words.” Ji Hyo banged her fist into the walls.

“Ji Hyo ar….” Gary caught hold of Ji Hyo’s hands and turned her over, facing him.

“Ji Hyo, you know how I feel about you right? I always feel that there is something about us. A very strong feeling. But I know and agree that we should take things slowly. If things do not work out between us, it may impact the RM team.” Gary explained.

“Let’s break the awkwardness between us. We are still friends and RM’s Monday Couple, are we?” Gary asked. His face was just inches from Ji Hyo’s.

Ji Hyo nodded. Though no words came out from Ji Hyo’s mouth, Gary knew that he and Ji Hyo came to a common consensuses to their friendship or relationship, whatever you call that.

“Ji Hyo, I will find the right time to confess to you. Please wait for me.” Gary told himself as he drove home from Ji Hyo’s apartment.