The Common Foe

She is not my dongsaeng

“Is En Na who asked me to send Gary hyung’s photo to your appa and umma.” Sam looked at the envelope that Ji Hyo handed to him. Sam could immediately recognize his own handwriting and recall what actually happened.

Ji Hyo dropped by Gary’s studio after having lunch with her good friend Lee Dong Wook. Dong Wook’s new drama wasn’t doing too well, he needed a friend to talk to. Being his good friend, Ji Hyo is more than happy to be a good listener.  
 

After lunch with Dong Wook, Ji Hyo took the excuse of bringing in afternoon tea for Gary and his staffs though Ji Hyo knew that Gary was not in the office. He is performing with Gil and Jung In at one of the universities. JiHyo’s true intention was to find out if Sam send Gary’s photos to her parents and why did he do that.

“En Na?” Ji Hyo was still trying to reconfirm with Sam on the name that she heard. She thought she was getting the wrong name.

“Yes,  hyeong-soo nim. En Na said that your parents wanted a few photos of Gary Hyung to give to your relatives. So she asked me to send a few but no need hyung’s autograph on it. They wanted Gary hyung to sign it when both of you visit them again. She also said that you suggested to send photos of Hyung performing on stage since he looks best and most handsome when he is rapping. Wow, hyeong-soo nim, you know Gary Hyung so well. So…..so romantic.” Sam explained the situation.

Ji Hyo wasn’t sure why En Na did that. She never instructs En Na to send any of Gary’s photos. Tons of questions started to surface in Ji Hyo’s mind.

“No point making wild guesses. The best way to resolve all the questions I had is to ask En Na directly.”


Ji Hyo drove to the office of C-JeS Entertainment for En Na and answers.

“En Na is not back in the office yet. She went to the Radio station to fetch some documents.” One of the staffs told her.

“It is OK. I will wait for her at the pantry.” Ji Hyo bowed and thanked the staff. She sat at the sofa at the pantry area, soon she dozed off.

It was already 6:30pm. Most of the staff had either left the office for home or went to the filming locations to fetch their artists.

Baek Chang Ju came back from his meeting with the sponsors, he walked into the pantry to grab a cup of coffee when he saw Ji Hyo sleeping on the sofa. Ji Hyo was in a V neck Black T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Simple yet stylish. As she breath in and out in her sleep, her V neck T-shirt couldn't hide her cleavage. 

Baek Chang Ju stared hard at Ji Hyo and swallowed his drool. He felt aroused.

“You are so beautiful. Why did I let you slipped off under my nose? Why did you fall for that Kang Gary? You came to me because he slept with a girl. He is not good enough for you.” Baek Chang Ju sat beside Ji Hyo, he mumbled to himself softly.

Baek Chang Ju continued to watch Ji Hyo who was in deep and peaceful sleep. He fixed his glaze on Ji Hyo’s child like innocence face and slowly moved his glaze to Ji Hyo’s cleavage. Baek Chang Ju lowered his face and attempt steal a kiss from Ji Hyo.

“Yah! What…What…are you doing?” Ji Hyo felt something came near her. A woman’s instinct woke Ji Hyo up. She suddenly remembered that she was in the pantry area of her agency.

“Ji…Ji…Hyo…I…” Baek Chang Ju wanted to defend himself. But it was too late, there was shock in Ji Hyo’s eyes. The shock was replaced by anger when Baek Chang Ju pushed Ji Hyo against the sofa and force himself on her.

“Yah! What….What…” Ji Hyo tried to break herself from Baek Chang Ju’s hug. She kicked and punched but the man was too strong for her. Ji Hyo started screaming for help. Tears gushed through her eyes.

“CEO Baek!” A strong grip grabbed Baek Chang Ju by his collar from the back.

It was Tae Han. Baek Chang Ju was pushed onto the ground by Tae Han who is slightly taller and boarder than him. Ji Hyo quickly covered herself with a jacket and hide behind Tae Han.

“Tae Han. There is none of your business here. Walk out of this office and close the door behind you. Just treat that you see nothing.” Baek Chang Ju stood up from the ground, pointing to Tae Han and then to the door.

“What if Tae Han is not going to help me? He is Baek Chang Ju’s best employee. No, I must save myself.” Ji Hyo was scared but she knew that she has to find a way to run. Ji Hyo moved her back towards the window.

“This is the 3rd floor. I think I can climb my way down via the pipes.” Ji Hyo was desperate for a way out.

“If any of you comes near me…I will jump out of this window.” Ji Hyo was already sitting on the edge of the windows as Baek Chang Ju talked to Tae Han.

“Ji Hyo, No!” Baek Chang Ju did not expect that Ji Hyo would take such extreme measures.

“Ji Hyo, come down now.” Baek Chang Ju panicked. He attempted to rush forward to grab Ji Hyo down but was once again pushed down to the floor. This time Tae Han pressed his back on Baek Chang Ju who is now struggling on the floor.

“Ji Hyo, go, go now!” Tae Han shouted.

Ji Hyo quickly ran out of the pantry. As she dashed through the door, she suddenly noticed that En Na was standing outside the pantry witnessing the whole incident.

“En Na. You were here all the time? Why didn’t you help me?” Ji Hyo was shocked that En Na wasn’t lending a helping hand to her unnie.

Ji Hyo had no time to confront En Na. The top priority now is to get out of this office. Ji Hyo looked back at En Na with disgust and protest in her eyes. En Na lowered her eyes and her head, she dared not have any eye contact with Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo was still trembling when she sat in her car. There were bruises on her arm. The right sleeve of her T-Shirt was torn.

“Why is he doing that to me? Why is she doing that to me?” Ji Hyo couldn’t control her emotions anymore. She felt betrayed. She held on to her steering wheel and cried terribly in her car.


Gary got worried. He couldn’t contact Ji Hyo for the past 2 days. Even Tae Han did not know where she is. Gary also tried to call Ji Hyo’s sister, but Ji Hyo did not go back to her hometown.

 “Where is Ji Hyo? This woman, she is driving me crazy. Where did she go?.” Gary hammered his forehead.

“Gary hyung, En Na is here to see you.” Sam came to Gary’s office with En Na.

“En Na? Why is she here to see me? She knew what happened to Ji Hyo? It must be something related to Ji Hyo.” Gary quickly get En Na to sit down.

Gary couldn’t believe his eyes. Baek Chang Ju and Ji Hyo were actually kissing.

En Na showed Gary on her mobile phone of what she claimed to have captured, a video between Baek Chang Ju and Ji Hyo.

“Why are you showing me this?” Gary couldn’t control his emotions. There was a mixtue of anger, frustrations, sadness and confusions in him.

“I know you love Ji Hyo unnie. Even if she betrays you, you will still want to protect her. If you can give me some money, just a small sum of money. I will delete this video. Otherwise, I will sell this video to other sources. I am sure I will get a handsome reward.” En Na said.

Though Gary did have doubts in the video that En Na showed him, Gary was also concern that En Na would really sell the video to the magazines or newspapers and Ji Hyo was nowhere to be found, he couldn't get any explanations. Gary finally paid the sum En Na had asked for.

But Gary is still worried that En Na will sell the video to other people. Whenever Gary thought of the video of Baek Chang Ju and Ji Hyo kissing, his heart would twitched.

“Ji Hyo, where are you? Call me. Please call me. Call me and explain to me. Please…..” Gary would stared at his phone every minute, every hour. He couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep.


Monday is finally here. The RM members were shocked to see that Gary looked gray, tired and old.

“Hyung, what’s wrong with you?” Ha Ha and Kwang Soo asked.

“Did any one see Ji Hyo?” Gary asked. His eyes scanned all over the filming location for the sight of Ji Hyo.

“The two of you fought?” Ha Ha asked.

“Just tell me if anyone of you had seen Ji Hyo. ANYONE seen JI HYO?” Ha Ha and Kwang Soo got a shock. It was unlike Gary who would lost his temper.

“Ji Hyo noona is…is…..in….in in her dressing….” Kwang Soo stammered. Gary stormed to Ji Hyo’s dressing room before Kwang Soo can finish his sentence.

Ji Hyo did not look much better than Gary. There were eye bags under her eyes, her eyes were red and swollen. It was like she had cried for days. Ji Hyo looked so fragile, is like she would breakdown any minute.

“Ji Hyo…..what happened.” Gary asked. He was trying to control his emotions.

“Kang….Kang….Gary….Do you believe me? If you do, don’t ask me what happened.” Ji Hyo tried hard to hold back her tears.

“Ji Hyo, please….please tell me what had happened.” Gary held Ji Hyo by her shoulders. He desperately needs to know what had happened to Ji Hyo, what had happened between Baek Chang Ju and his girlfriend.

“Oppa, please be patient. I will tell you about it after I settle the matter with En Na. I need to change now. Let’s focus on the RM filming” Ji Hyo avoided Gary’s eyes. She instructed Tae Han and her stylist to send Gary out of her dressing room.

Gary tried to get Ji Hyo to talk to him after the RM filming but Ji Hyo left once filming wrapped up.

“Ji Hyo, En Na had admitted that she had edited the video and showed it to Gary Ssi. You should explain to Gary Ssi before he gets the wrong idea.” Tae Han said.

“Tae Han, I do not want to drag Kang Gary into this.” Ji Hyo said with her eyes closed.

“Tae Han, bring me to see CEO Baek.” Ji Hyo said.


“Ji Hyo, please forgive me.” Baek Chang Ju knee down infront of Ji Hyo, begging for forgiveness.

“CEO Baek, I guess you are the only person who can help us now.” Ji Hyo said.

En Na tried to threaten both of them to expose the edited video of Baek Chang Ju and Ji Hyo, and also the video where Baek Chang Ju tried to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo refused to pay the random while Baek Chang Ju tried to negotiate on the sum En Na asked for.

“CEO Baek, we can’t let En Na threaten us when and ever she likes.” Ji Hyo was determined to stop En Na from her evil deeds.

“But…But…I did you wrong.” Baek Chang Ju said. He felt guilty and shameful. He failed the woman he loved.

“Yes, Baek Chang Ju. You did me wrong not En Na. Why should we be pushed around by En Na? How would we know if she will really delete the video after we gave her the money?” Ji Hyo said.

“CEO Baek. Baek Chang Ju, you are not a man who can be pushed around and bullied. Where is the Baek Chang Ju I knew? Let’s put aside what happened the other night. We have to deal with En Na now.” Ji Hyo looked at Baek Chang Ju. Though Ji Hyo did hate him for what he had done, En Na is now their common foe.

“Yes, Ji Hyo. You are right. I will get my men to find En Na and settle the scores with her.” Baek Chang Ju instructed his men to get both En Na and Kao.

“CEO Baek, I only want the video back. I do not want anyone hurt.” Ji Hyo said.

“I understand.” Baek Chang Ju nodded.