Shaking Heart

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"I’m going crazy, what should I do, I might go back. I really don’t want to be like this, but my heart makes me do these things"

C-Clown - Shaking Heart


 

Hoseok took a deep breath and checked his carefully styled hair one more time in the mirror. He looked good. Scratch that, he looked perfect. Dark robes with his new royal blue jumper beneath, hair combed out of his face and his prefect batch shiny. He looked almost as neat as Seokjin was always running around.

Hoseok cleared his throat and stepped from behind the corner, eyes glued on the blonde girl who was chatting with her friends right at the end of the hallway. He could do that. He was Jung Hoseok after all.

“Jane!” he called out naturally and grinned at the girl, “Can I talk to you for a second?”

The Gryffindor girl looked up with her friends all breaking into giggles and smiled at him.

“Sure.”

Hoseok’s heart beat increased a bit but he played it cool and led her to some small window, away from her nosy friends.

“So,” he started and stared two centimetres next to her face in the air, “Well, I was just wondering if you’re still free for the Christmas ball,” he paused and coughed, “Because if not, you know, you could just go … with me.”

There was a silence and Hoseok was suddenly very aware of the students staring at them while passing by, busy whispering all around him. Seems like tomorrow the whole school will be up to date.

“Thank you,” Jane’s soft voice brought him back to her.

Hoseok held his breath and stared right at her beautiful face with her bright blue eyes and prayed he could take this as a yes.

“You want to?” he asked almost inaudible.

“Yes,” Jane smiled and nodded, “I do want to. Thank you for asking me, Hoseok.”

Some very random wind tangled in her hair and her long blonde curls danced for a moment. Jane laughed silently and tucked a strand behind her ear, her blue eyes sparkling, and Hoseok fell in love with her all over again. She was just so beautiful. So nice. So perfect. So –

“What are you doing?”

Yongguk appeared on his side and gave him a pat on the shoulder which almost sent him flying to the ground.

“Our table is in the other direction.”

“Yeah I know,” Hoseok sighed dreamily and followed the other down to Hufflepuff’s table, “I just asked Jane Salinger out for the ball. And she said yes!”

“Wow, congrats mate!” Yongguk grinned at him and reached out for the pumpkin juice, “This is really a big deal. If you ask me, you should ask her to date you after the ball.”

“I totally should, right?” Hoseok beamed and took a serving of roasted chicken, “Oh, I still can’t believe it, I’m so lucky!”

“Who’s lucky?”

Xero plopped down on the seat next to him, with Jimin right behind.

“Hoseok’s going to the Christmas ball with Jane Salinger,” Yongguk informed them.

Xero only blinked and reached out for the fries while Jimin grinned.

“Congrats, hyung.”

“Hyung?” Alexa leaned over and stared at him in confusion, “What?”

“Oh,” Jimin’s cheeks coloured, “Um, since his parents are also from Korea, it kinda feels normal to call him that …”

“What does it mean then?” Alexa took a hand of fries from the younger’s plate, “Like, calling him mate?”

“It actually means older brother,” Hoseok informed her, “But yes, practically like calling someone mate.”

“So if I say ‘What’s up hyung’ that’s cool?” Alexa grinned.

“Actually not,” Hoseok laughed and took another serving of the chicken, “Don’t get me started with Korean honorifics, it’s way too complicated.”

“Hey Hoseok!” a girl with long, wavy black hair and a sweet smile stopped and quickly patted his shoulder, “I heard you’re taking out Jane Salinger for Christmas ball. Congrats!”

“Thank you Dara,” Hoseok grinned at their seventh-year female prefect while the other boys on the table instantly blushed, “Do you have a date already?”

“Hmm, I got asked out by some boys,” Sandara tipped her chin and then giggled, “I’ll see who I go out with.”

“I saw at least a dozen boys asking her out yesterday,” Alexa whispered not so quietly while they watched her sitting down next to Slytherin’s head girl, “Her popularity is no joke.”

“Actually, I asked her too,” Kunpimook, their Thai transfer student, leaned over (Hoseok had no idea there was a magic school in Thailand in the first place before that guy suddenly showed up), “She said thanks and that she’ll think about it. So guys, do I have a chance?”

“No,” Yongguk grinned and ruffled his hair, “But nice try.”

“Who are you going with then?” Xero asked the elder and avoided looking at Hoseok, “Do you have a date?”

“Well,” Yongguk suddenly looked kind of uncomfortable, “There actually is someone I’d like to ask....”

“Oh?” Hoseok grinned and rested a hand on his shoulder, “Who?”

“You know, at our last Quidditch match,” Yongguk’s voice went very silent, “there was this one player in Ravenclaw’s team – he’s really good looking …”

“A guy?” Hoseok cooed and the other’s leaned closer, “Are you talking about their captain, Seokjin? Many students are a fan of him.”

“Not him,” Yongguk now really felt uncomfortable with all the attention on him, “I’m talking about their seeker – you know, the one with the blue dyed hair –“

“Junhong!” Jimin called out surprised and exchanged a look with Xero, “You like Junhong?”

“You know him?”

“Yeah, we share some classes,” Xero explained slowly, “You do know he’s a fourth year? Means two years younger than you?”

“What, but he’s so tall!” Yongguk pointed out, “I thought he’s at least a sixth year –“

“Well you’re wrong,” Xero stated with a bitter voice, “I mean, apparently sixth years aren’t supposed to ask fourth years out for the ball, so I suggest you find another one.”

“But –“ Yongguk seemed really disappointed and Hoseok comfortingly patted his shoulder.

“No sweat mate, if you really like him, there’s no problem asking him out,” he said, “Know what? You should do it right now!”

“Yes!” Jimin beamed excitedly, “Look, he’s sitting over there. Hey, Junhong! Hey!”

The blue-haired Ravenclaw looked up from his place next to Hyosang and gave him a curious look.

“What is it?”

“Come over here!” Hoseok beckoned him and waved his hand.

“No stop this –“ Yongguk protested but it was too late, Junhong was already on his way to their table.

“Do you need to copy my homework, Jimin?” Junhong asked and naturally sat down between Hoseok and Yongguk, the latter inhaling sharply, “Because no, not again. Last time it was totally obvious and we both got in trouble because of you.”

“But I can’t just copy Xero’s homework, he’s just as bad as me,” Jimin said which earned him a slap on the arm from the other Hufflepuff.

“Still, I’m not gonna do this again,” Junhong rolled his eyes and took some of the pumpkin pasties, “Why don’t you just do them yourself and got the grade you deserve?”

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean –“

“This is actually not the reason we want to talk to you,” Hoseok quickly interrupted and offered Junhong a brotherly smile, “I mean, you know Christmas ball is soon, right?”

“Yeah..?” the Ravenclaw furrowed his brows and munched on his pumpkin pasty.

“So, do you already have a partner?” Hoseok continued and ignored Yongguk frantically waving behind him.

“I don’t,” Junhong said slowly, “I mean, I don’t really like asking someone out.”

“Perfect,” Hoseok grinned as if all his dreams came true, “So my little fellow, what do you say then if I know someone who wants to ask you out and spare you the trouble of doing it yourself?”

“Well,” Junhong paused and tilted his head, “If someone really wants to ask me, I wouldn’t say no, I guess.”

Hoseok’s grin grew even wider and he beckoned Yongguk to open his mouth. The rest of the table was already watching them as if this was the most interesting thing which ever happened at their table.

“Um,” Yongguk cleared his throat and tapped Junhong on the shoulder.

The younger expectantly turned in his direction and Yongguk stared for a second dumbly at his shining blue hair, dark eyes and perfect face because damn he really was beautiful.

“Do y-you,” Yongguk coughed and tried hard to ignore all the other students watching them intensely, “Do you want to go to the ball – with me?”

Junhong blinked and stared at him with surprise and mild confusion on his face. “You … want to go to the ball – with me? Really?”

“Really,” Yongguk said and attempted on a smile, “You probably don’t know me, I’m –“

“You’re Hufflepuff’s beater, Bang Yongguk, of course I know you,” Junhong now laughed, “Hyosang’s still ting his pants whenever you’re close because he hit you last match with that bludger.”

“Oh, well it’s not like I’m mad at him because of that,” Yongguk scratched his neck, “It’s Quidditch after all.”

“Good,” Junhong smiled and took a gulp of the other’s pumpkin juice, “And the answer is yes by the way. I want to go to the ball with you.”

“Really?” Yongguk’s eyes widened and a stupid grin formed on his face, “Awesome! I mean, yeah, cool.”

“I’ll wait for you in the entrance hall then,” Junhong said and got up, “See you. Jimin, don’t be late for herbology.”

And with that he went away, with Yongguk staring after him. Right when Junhong was back at his table, the whole Hufflepuff table erupted into cheers and clapping.

“Nice job mate, nice job!” Hoseok yelled over the noise and patted his shoulder, “I knew you could do it!”

“This was really smooth!” Alexa said and smiled, “I wish you the best of luck during the ball!”

“You are so cool!” Jimin stated admiringly, “I wish I could be as brave as you!”

Yongguk coughed and stared down at his plate, not really able to hide the happy expression on his face.

“So, now that we both have a date for the ball,” Hoseok said when the noise died down, “all that’s left are our youngsters. Who do you plan on going to the ball with?”

“Um, no one,” Xero said.

“Why?” Hoseok asked confused.

“I’m performing with the Wizard’s Dance Club, remember?” Xero said slowly and his eyes darkened a bit, “Also, no one asked me.”

“Don’t lie, lots of girls already asked you!” Jimin protested.

“No one I like asked me,” Xero corrected and his gaze quickly flickered to a certain prefect, “Don’t act all cool, you don’t have a date either.”

Jimin blushed and bit his lower lip. “Well –“

“I can help you with that!” Hoseok said, “I mean, all prefects already have a partner but –“

“All prefects already have a partner?” Jimin repeated and his face fell.

“Yeah,” Hoseok nodded, “Alexa here is obviously going with Tony, Jane with me, Stephanie with her Gryffindor friend, Seokjin with some Ravenclaw girl –“

“And the Slytherin prefect?” Jimin asked and blushed even deeper, “I m-mean, I’m just asking out of curiosity.”

“Yoongi’s going with his prefect partner, Caroline Leeker,” Hoseok said and chuckled, “But it’s not like you should be sad about that, Yoongi would be super boring to go to the ball with. I know some cute girls, I can arrange you a nice date!”

Jimin bit his lower lip and then nodded.

“Yeah, thank you hyung …”
 




Sorry for the Hiatus! Sorry for not replying to your comments! I still love you all T_T But life happened and college kinda tries to punish me for doing nothing over the break with my professors throwing tons of assignments at me OTL

Are all houses supposed to be this idiotic, loud and nosy??? I really can’t help it, after the Ravenclaw dumbos, the nosy as hell Slytherins and the totally crazy Gryffindors now Hufflepuff are also weird little s. I guess this is what happens when someone as crazy as me is allowed to write a Harry Potter AU o.o

Anyways! This is not the end :D I actually have a double update for you guys ^.^ So, I’ll go to sleep rn and will upload the next chapter tomorrow morning right when I get up (around evening in the US then I guess?)

So be excited for the Christmas ball (finally ^^”)

xxx