I Am The Best

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"You’re following behind me but I’m only running forward. I jump on top of the table you’re sitting at"

2NE1 - I Am The Best

 

Xero had a secret. He didn’t know who he should tell this because actually, Xero didn’t have that one best friend. He was friends with all the boys from the Hufflepuff dorm, he hung out with Jongup from the dance club and Jimin. But at the end of the day Jimin spent his free time with Taehyung from Ravenclaw and Jongup had some other circle of friends he preferred. 

Xero had friends, but right now he realised he didn’t trust them. Or better said, he didn’t got the chance to trust them.

But this secret was so heavy, so prominent, that he felt like he needed to talk to someone about it.

“Jimin,” Xero mumbled and poked his back, “What are you doing?”

“Hmm?” the brown-haired blinked and paused while stuffing his face with melons, “Eating?”

“I mean, after lunch,” Xero said, “You are not planning to do your homework, do you?”

“Uh, no,” Jimin shrugged, “I’m going to meet with Taehyung, he wants to show me his kneazle. You know, I think I should have taken Care of Magical Creatures instead of Study of Ancient Runes, I still can’t read anything and always take wild guesses during the exams, but know what, I never failed!”

“Not sure if you’re going to pass your OWLs like this though,” Xero said.

“Why?” Jimin asked and reached out for another bowl with fruits, “You wanna hang out? You can come with us!”

“Ah, never mind,” Xero grabbed an apple and got up, “Have fun you two.”

Jongup was nowhere in sight and Xero’s project into trusting his friends with his secrets seemed kind of failed. Great.

He sighed and ruffled his white hair, ignoring some girls who were squealing next to him. They weren’t squealing because of him of course, but the fact Seokjin and Hoseok were making their way outside the great hall, with girls swooning over the handsome prefects. Seokjin waved at some who quickly changed into screeching and Xero felt his ears ringing.

“Oi!” Hoseok suddenly grinned and went over to him, “Yo, Xero! What’s up?”

“Uh nothing,” Xero tilted his head, “Looks like Seokjin is waiting for you.”

“Hmm?” Hoseok turned back to the other prefect, “Have fun at the library, I’ll need to spend valuable time with my mate here.”

Seokjin rolled his eyes and walked off in the direction of the stairs, half a dozen giggling girls following him.

“Mate?” Xero blinked in confusion.

“Everyone in our Quidditch team is my mate,” Hoseok laughed and slung an arm around his shoulders, “Seriously though, Seokjin always tries to persuade me into studying with him even though I can’t stand it at the library, so dusty, so cramped, ugh.”

“But isn’t the sixth year tough?” Xero asked and followed the prefect to – well who knows.

“Kinda but I feel like after you pass the OWLs you already reached everything important,” Hoseok said, “Looks like Seokjin doesn’t think that though.”

“I guess I’m really glad if I pass all my OWLs,” Xero mumbled.

“Don’t worry about that,” Hoseok said, “What you should worry about is the upcoming Quidditch match though. I don’t wanna lose to Ravenclaw again.”

“We depend on Jimin, don’t we?” Xero said and added a quiet, “Big mistake.”

Hoseok only laughed and patted his shoulder. “You need to be in good shape, too. You’re alright, aren’t you? Nothing troubling you?”

Xero was about to say yes when suddenly, he halted. Maybe … Hoseok was the right one …?

“Uh …” he winced and stared at the other’s shoulder, “Can you … keep a secret?”

“A secret?” Hoseok tilted his head, “Sure. I’m your prefect, you can tell me everything.”

Xero wasn’t sure if this was true, but otherwise, if he wanted to start trusting people this was probably the best opportunity. He looked left and right for any people who should better not listen to this but they somehow ended up at the top of the astronomy tower. Hoseok leaned against the balustrade and looked at him, a smile playing his lips.

“What is it?”

Xero swallowed hard, his hands clutching around his cloak starting to sweat. “I, uh … I only realised it this summer, but I …. I am ….” he swallowed again, “Iamaparselmouth.”

“What?” Hoseok furrowed his brows, “I didn’t hear you right.”

“I am,” Xero paused and took a deep breath, “I am a parselmouth. This summer I visited those zoos of muggles with my cousin. There was this snake … and it talked to me! I was so shocked, I actually replied. I could talk to it. Like for real!”

Hoseok stared at him and didn’t say anything for a few moments, and Xero thought about whether or not saying this was a joke would make things better or worse. But probably not, trusting someone required telling the truth.

“So,” Hoseok said finally, “That’s … unexpected.”

Xero bit his lower lip. “Um.”

“But cool,” the other suddenly grinned, “I always wanted to talk to animals. Must be awesome to understand what they’re saying.”

“People say all parselmouths are descended from Salazar Slytherin,” Xero mumbled, “I don’t want to … I’m a Hufflepuff. I like to be a Hufflepuff.”

“No stress mate,” Hoseok laughed and ruffled his hair, “You think it matters if you’re somehow descended from some guy who died like centuries ago? We’re living right now and you’re a Hufflepuff right now. With some cool ability. That hair colour is awesome by the way.”

“Thanks,” Xero’s lips formed to a smile, “It’s great.”

“What?”

“Trusting people,” Xero said quietly.

Hoseok just smiled at him, a fresh breeze tousling his jet black hair. Xero was glad he decided to choose him. Hoseok seemed like a totally trustworthy person, not only because he was their prefect …

“So, let’s talk about more important things then,” Hoseok suddenly cut through the silence, “Jane Salinger. You think I can ask her out for a date? At Hogsmeade maybe? Stephanie told me something about this one guy taking her to Hogsmeade for a date so I totally should too, right?”

Xero chuckled. “Totally.”




Jimin was nervous. He only set one step in the great hall and when all Hufflepuffs immediately started clapping and the rest booed, he fled right on spot.

Today was the day of the first Quidditch match of this year’s season, Hufflepuff versus Ravenclaw. It was Jimin’s first match ever, even though he learned to fly ages ago he only dared to promote himself as a member of the Quidditch team this year, and somehow got accepted. Maybe it was the fact the Hufflepuff team was seriously lacking a seeker he got accepted so quickly, but Jimin was happy. He wanted to show everyone that he wasn’t just the clumsy and a bit dense Park Jimin, he wanted to be the great seeker Park Jimin.

But right now he seriously regretted that decision.

Jimin was scared, so scared he feared he was about to pass out any second. He didn’t sign up for everyone relying on him, something he should have realised earlier because apparently being the seeker was the most important position in the team. If he fails this their team is definitely going to lose. And Jimin wouldn’t be only the dense and clumsy but also the horrible seeker Park Jimin. This was not what he signed up for.

The match started in one hour and in half an hour their team was supposed to meet in the changing rooms. Jimin couldn’t meet them like this, face pale, sweat glistening on his forehead and hands shaking. Maybe he should fake a sudden illness … but then their team was at a loss of a member and will definitely lose. This would be just as horrible.

His legs carried him down the stairs and he didn’t notice it first but the dropping temperature only warned him when he was already deep down in the dungeons. Oh great. Another place he was scared less at.

Jimin bit his lower lip and tried to remember how to get out of this – they were at the dungeons often, for potions classes, but Jimin’s sense of direction was still so very bad. Was the exit on the right or the left or somewhere in the dark right in front of him?

Hesitantly he took a step to his left and then sighed in relief when he spotted two other students making their way right through the hallway. He followed them casually and fumbled with the hem of his yellow scarf.

The students went to a stone wall and mumbled some words Jimin wasn’t able to understand, but probably this was the entrance to a secret passage leading out of here real quick. Indeed, a passage opened in the stone wall and Jimin followed the students through it, shivering because of the coldness down here. He wondered where exactly the passage will end when they suddenly stood in a big, dungeon-like room with dark leather sofas, the light having a weird green tinge. Well. This was scary.

The other students went to one sofa, picking up some backpacks resting on it, and Jimin was about to quietly get out of this when a hand on his shoulder startled him.

“What are you doing here?”

Jimin squeaked and took a step back, staring with wide eyes at the boy in front of him. He had messy reddish coloured hair and sleepy eyes and Jimin could spot the prefect badge on his chest. Oh shoot! It was Slytherin’s prefect Min Yoongi.

“I’m sorry!” Jimin bowed around a hundred times, “I’m so sorry! I got lost in the dungeons and don’t know where I am! Please don’t punish me!”

“Punish you…? What?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow, “You’re at the Slytherin dungeon actually, so how did you get in here? You’re a Hufflepuff, aren’t you?”   

“The Slytherin dungeon?” Jimin bowed again, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to. I just followed some students, sorry, sorry!”

“Hmm, it’s officially forbidden to enter other common rooms,” Yoongi said slowly and then yawned, “But I’m tired.”

“Uh,” Jimin wasn’t sure what to say.

“Shouldn’t you get ready for the match though?” Yoongi asked, “You’re Hufflepuff’s new seeker, right?”

“You k-know me?” Jimin stuttered and felt his ears turning red.

“Hoseok brags a lot about his awesome new seeker,” Yoongi rolled his eyes, “Come on, I’ll guide you out of here.”

Jimin followed him, grateful to get out of these scary dungeons. “My name is Park Jimin!”

“I know,” Yoongi grumbled, “Don’t yell at me.”

“Oh sorry,” Jimin blushed again.

Slytherin’s prefect was definitely scary, so he didn’t dare to say anything else until they were half way through the dungeons.

“Are you going to watch the match?” he suddenly blurted out.

“Don’t know,” Yoongi shrugged and opened another one of those mysterious dark doors, “I’m not that interested in Quidditch … in anything actually …”

He yawned again. Jimin was still wary of the other suddenly bursting out several punishments because of his infiltration of Slytherin’s common room. But Yoongi didn’t seem to have this in his mind. He actually seemed less scary than Jimin imagined him to be, even though he was definitely intimidating.

Instead of wearing formal clothes, Yoongi was wearing a grey jumper with his prefect badge loosely attached to it. His reddish coloured hair looked like he combed it in a few seconds that morning, tousled falling in his forehead, and his snow white skin seemed to glow in the faint light. Jimin realised he was staring and his face flushed.

“You could cheer me on!” he quickly said without thinking, “I m-mean, Hufflepuff, since Hoseok’s your friend and um …”

“We’re not friends,” Yoongi said dryly, “I …. tolerate him.”

“Still,” Jimin bit his lower lip and out of an instinct he took his own scarf and wrapped it around the other’s neck, “Now you’re wearing our colours! Yellow looks nice on you! I mean ...”

Jimin paused when he realised what he was actually doing and quickly stared at his feet, because this was still Slytherin’s prefect. He really needed to get a grip.

“We’re there,” Yoongi stated.

“O-oh,” Jimin blinked at the other students in the great hall, “Right. Thank you, I – ack!”

“Yo Park Jimin, what are you still doing here!” Hoseok grabbed the youngster’s collar and dragged him in the direction of the Quidditch pitch, “We need to go! Nice scarf Yoongi by the way. I knew you’re gonna support me.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and kind of waved at Jimin who attempted to wave back.

“See you!”




“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first match of this year’s Quidditch season! It’s Hufflepuff versus Ravenclaw and I’m sure we’re all very excited for this, especially since both teams were definitely the best in last year’s season. Hufflepuff managed to win and Ravenclaw’s out for revenge this year!”

The voice of the Quidditch commentator, a sixth year Gryffindor named Jackson Wang, was almost unbearably loud and Junhong covered one ear while walking on the field with the rest of the team.

“Guys!” Seokjin yelled over the noise, “There are only two possible outcomes of this match – they die, or you die. Don’t. Screw. This. Up!”

“See, no pressure,” Youngjae mumbled and Jaebum, their keeper, laughed. 

“We’re keeping all the bludgers off you, so catch the snitch quickly,” Hyosang told Junhong and his fellow beater, Jinyoung, nodded.

“Sure,” Junhong bit his lower lip and went next to the chasers.

Stephanie smiled at him and both Youngjae and Jaebum gave him a  quick thumbs-up while Seokjin looked fierce and focused.

“Mount your brooms, please!” Madam Hooch announced and fumbled with the box, in which the four balls were, before blowing her whistle.

“And the game starts!” Jackson yelled, “I guess we’re all excited to see if Hufflepuff’s still able to live up the expectations with their new seeker, the mysterious Park Jimin. No one has ever heard of him, so let’s see if this was just a big mistake, or Jung Hoseok actually knows what he’s doing.”

Ravenclaws and all the other Hufflepuff-antis laughed while Hoseok covered his displeasement with a strained smile. 

“Ah, and there’s Kim Seokjin with the quaffle! Ravenclaw’s always pretty proud of their good-looking captain, and looks like the girls are agreeing with that!”

His words were accompanied with loud squealing of the girls, lots of them holding banners with Seokjin’s name in the air.

“Seokjin passed the quaffle to Youngjae who’s now right in front of Hufflepuff’s captain Hoseok who tries to block but – RAVENCLAW SCORES!”

Junhong cheered with a looping but after Seokjin sent an angry look in his direction he quickly continued searching for the snitch.

“But now Xero of Hufflepuff’s team has the quaffle – is he going to score against Ravenclaw’s keeper Jaebum? Oh. Ooooh and he SCORES! Ha, Jaebum doesn’t look that happy while Seokjin seems to send him death threats over the field!”

Hyosang angrily hit the bludger in Xero’s direction but missed and hit Hufflepuff’s beater Yongguk instead. The impressively-built beater didn’t seem amused and Hyosang quickly fled to the other side of the field, face white in panic.

“Now there’s Ravenclaw’s Stephanie with the quaffle – she passes to Youngjae who immediately passes to Seokjin aaaaand – RAVENCLAW SCORES! Hoseok fails again! Who would have expected that!”

Junhong decided to better focus not only on what the other’s are doing but his own task and flew high in the air to search for the snitch. Jimin was a couple of metres away doing the same.

“We’re half an hour in the match and Ravenclaw leads 80 – 30! This is impressive, they really seem serious with that revenge! Hoseok should watch out for his team now, if they’re going to lose this one already Gryffindor’s definitely going to kick their in the next match! Our team isn’t bad this year by the way!”

Half an hour, and no sight of the snitch. Junhong already got a bit annoyed.

“And Ravenclaw scores again! 90 – 30! Wow, they’re doing great! If they continue like this they’re – “

Jackson paused and it seemed like everyone held their breath when suddenly a yellow tornado zoomed past them. Junhong could only stare with wide eyes, unable to react.

“Whoa what was that?!” Jackson yelled in the silence.

The yellow tornado slowed down before flying up again, revealing a grinning Jimin with his fist raised in the air.

“Blimey – PARK JIMIN OF HUFFLEPUFF CAUGHT THE SNITCH! THE MATCH IS OVER! HUFFLEPUFF WINS 180 – 90! UNBELIEVABLE! UNBELIEVABLE!”

“WHAT?!” Seokjin yelled so loudly everyone could hear it.

Junhong almost fell off his broom, with all team members quickly gathering around him to protect him from getting killed.

Jimin on the other hand was flying another time around the pitch, the golden snitch still in his fist. He grinned proudly, enjoying the cheering of the audience, when suddenly, his eyes caught a person.

There he was, Min Yoongi, in the midst of some other Slytherins, with Jimin’s scarf still around his neck. The prefect stared right at him and when Jimin extended his fist with the snitch in it in the elder’s direction, Yoongi’s lips formed a smile.

This was almost better than his team members crushing him in a group hug the next second.
 


 

Yoonmin met and the first Quidditch match is finally wrapped up – phew! My English failed me so many times I feared I’ll never be able to upload this chapter ….

Ah! Some people asked me about other pairings than the BTS awesome ones. So, I haven’t really decided on any, but if you guys have suggestions, tell me! Maybe I’ll add them then ^^

I hope you guys liked it! Leave your thoughts if you don’t mind :)

xxx