Hold My Hand

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

“Your hands that used to hold my hand, let me feel how warm it was again. So hold my hand once more, let me feel your warmth”

Lee Hi - Hold My Hand

 

 

 

Seokjin’s robes clung to his body, thoroughly soaked and leaving wet stains on the floor. Behind him, Hoseok was visibly shivering, sneakily clinging onto Seokjin’s sleeve. Namjoon had his arm securely wrapped around Stephanie, her long dark curls plastered around her head. Xero was tailing after them, Seokjin’s hand holding tightly onto his wrist and dragging him along with them.

“I have no idea what you were thinking,” Professor Sprout kept on saying while she guided them through the corridors, “Risking your life upon entering one of Hogwarts’ most dangerous places, riding a dragon just for the fun of it –”

“Professor, this was definitely no fun,” Hoseok piped up, “I almost died, and I can tell you riding on dragon is not –”

“Stay quiet, Mr. Jung!” Professor Sprout snapped at him, completely the opposite of her usual demeanour, “I never expected something like this from you! Prefect of the house Hufflepuff – same goes to you, Mr. Kim, Miss Kling! You’re students with responsibility, set to be role models for the younger ones! I don’t even want to think what happened to you if you didn’t pass your apparition classes – you could have died out in the ocean!”

Professor Sprout shook her head as she guided them through another empty corridor. “Oh, Professor McGonagall won’t be pleased, that much I can definitely tell you! Five students on a life-threatening adventure on the back of a dragon, plus another bunch of you kids causing a ruckus in St. Mungo’s, and all of this in one night! I can’t believe it, no student ever did something like this in all the years the school reopened again after the battle!”

Stephanie exchanged a glance with Seokjin. “Ruckus in St. Mungo’s?” she mouthed quietly.

“Well, at least I hope that’s not someone involved with us,” Seokjin whispered back, though he had a very bad feeling about this.

Which turned out just right, what with the way Yoongi, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung already sat on their assigned chairs inside the headmaster’s office, accompanied by two very stern looking Aurors.

“What’s up?” Yoongi waved his hand lazily, “Heard you got into trouble with a dragon?”

“Heard you almost blew up St. Mungo’s singlehandedly?” Seokjin retreated sharply.

Yoongi shrugged and moved aside, right when Professor McGonagall entered the office with an absolute murderous expression on her face. She closed the door behind her and faced the Aurors with a curt nod.

“Thank you for guiding these students back to school, gentlemen.”

“Anytime, Professor McGonagall,” the blonde Auror tipped his hat and gave them a stern glance, “Take care kids.”

Jimin attempted on a very shy wave that was immediately knocked down by Jungkook’s elbow in his ribs, while Yoongi nodded in return. Professor McGonagall waited until the Aurors disappeared through the door, before she turned back to them and flicked her wand, conjuring a new set of armchairs in front of her desk. “Sit down everyone.”

There was thick tension inside the room as Professor McGonagall examined all of them with narrowed eyes, before sitting down on her own chair and crossing her arms.

“So, care to explain me why several utterly traumatized students plus Professor Sprout informed me students of Hogwarts actually let a dragon loose on the castle and rode on its back until the Atlantic Ocean, while another set of students infiltrated St. Mungo’s to fight a possibly highly dangerous criminal?”  

It actually sounded way worse with the way Professor McGonagall summed it up, and all of them swallowed visibly. Hoseok shrunk upon her stern glance and exchanged a very panicked glance with Yoongi, while Stephanie hid her face in her hands.

“Professor,” Seokjin finally spoke up, “As I already explained to Professor Sprout, all we tried to do was saving the student body from a dragon, plus the dark wizard we suspected to be involved in all of this, since Caroline was attacked and the bathroom was actually the opening to the Chamber of Secrets! You have to believe us, this wasn’t on purpose, we –”

“– randomly stumbled over both a dragon and a criminal?” Professor McGonagall raised a single eyebrow, “This seems highly unlikely to me.”

Seokjin’s ears turned slightly red. “Well, we actually, kind of, investigated in this direction for a while now …”

“I am aware of that, Mr. Kim,” Professor McGonagall snorted, “Don’t believe us teachers aren’t paying attention, Professor Flitwick already informed me weeks ago he’s highly suspecting your group to be involved in something dangerous. I just didn’t expect you would turn out to act this naïve and ingenious on such a serious matter.”

Seokjin opened his mouth, and closed it right away.

“Let’s see, Professor Sprout and the Auror office already informed me on all the damage you caused – destruction of the castle’s corridors, stairways, floors, entrance hall, destruction of St. Mungo’s hallways and patient rooms –” Professor McGonagall paused and pursed her lips, “This will have serious consequences, I hope you are aware of that. You are prefects, and I already warned you, Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung, after the incident with the love potion. I can’t believe you had the audacity to endanger yourselves and other students in another adventurous, very, very stupid mission – facing a full grown dragon by yourself, I absolutely cannot believe it.”

Hoseok’s shoulders slumped and he tried to look very small and innocently on his chair, something he failed exceptionally, while Seokjin pressed his lips together and stared down on his lap. Stephanie’s lips quivered and Namjoon patted her shoulder calmingly. Xero simply crossed his arms and stared in the absolute opposite direction.

“Now to you, Mr. Min,” Professor McGonagall cleared and shoot him an ice cold glare, “Ever since chosen a prefect, you did nothing but impress us with calm and well thought decisions, showing perfect leadership potential and great care for the other students, if not occasionally overshadowed by laziness and lethargy. Nevertheless, I was always sure you were one of the best decisions as a prefect in your whole year.”

Seokjin huffed not so secretly on his chair.

“But after this night,” Professor McGonagall paused and her left eyelid twitched, “Facing a dangerous criminal on your own without even thinking about the necessary to inform the teachers, endangering yourself, plus three incapable fourth year students you, as a prefect, were ought to protect –“

“Excuse me Professor, but I’m definitely anything but incapable,” Jungkook butted it, “I’m not sure if you heard about it, but I’m not only Gryffindor’s golden seeker, but also –”

“Mr. Jeon,” Professor McGonagall snapped, “I don’t remember I asked you to talk.”

Jungkook immediately ducked his head. “I’m sorry Professor, I’m sorry.”

“So, let’s see,” Professor McGonagall paused and narrowed her eyes, “Mr. Kim, Mr. Min, Mr. Jung, Miss Kling – from now on, until the end of the year, all of you will be lifted from your prefect duties –”

What?

 Don’t give me that look, Mr. Kim – to think I actually nominated you as the new head boy for the following year –”

“You nominated me as head boy, Professor?” Seokjin immediately brightened up.

Professor McGonagall gave him a stern glance over her glasses. “I will definitely overthink that decision once more. Remember, if I hear anything similar again, you can say goodbye to ever being a prefect again.”

Seokjin’s face darkened and he exchanged a worried glance with Stephanie, while Yoongi looked in comparison particularly unfazed.

“Well, thank god we’re no prefects in the first place,” Jungkook whispered not so quietly to Taehyung, who rolled his eyes in return.

“On top of that, I will take off fifty points for each of you,” Professor McGonagall continued with a very sharp edge to her voice, “I will also send letters to your parents to inform them about your behaviour, and have a serious talk with the head of your houses.”

Xero groaned and buried his face in Jimin’s shoulder, who looked pretty concerned himself. Jungkook pressed his lips together and Taehyung patted his knee. Namjoon gave Hoseok a nudge to stop him from sobbing.

Professor McGonagall paused and crossed her arms. “Besides all of this, I cannot ignore the amount of bravery and wit all of you displayed tonight – highly dangerous and full of risks, but definitely exceptionally outstanding and portraying all the good traits your houses stand for.”

Hoseok started beaming again, but immediately faltered under Professor McGonagall’s stern glance.

“I will award every one of you seventy points,” Professor McGonagall furrowed her brows over their silent exchange of smiles, “But be warned – if I hear anything about any sort of misbehaviour from you again, I will immediately take off all the points, and more. Every single one of you is walking on very thin ice from now on!”

“Yes, Professor,” Seokjin nodded deliberately, “We won’t disappoint you, Professor.”

Hoseok nodded in unison with Stephanie. “Of course not, Professor.”

“I already heard that quite often,” Professor McGonagall shook her head and sighed, “Mr. Jeon, Mr. Kim, Mr. Park, Mr. Shin, Professor Sprout will personally guide you back to your dorms. I’ll trust the rest of you to find back to your bedrooms by yourself, immediately!”

They all quickly bowed and huddled to get out of the office, Jimin clinging onto the back of Yoongi’s robes and Jungkook dragging Taehyung by his wrist. Hoseok stumbled over his feet on the last step and crashed into Xero, who grimaced in return.

“Hey,” Hoseok held tightly onto his robes to pull him closer, and Xero instinctively held his breath and felt his heart thundering in his chest, “I actually need to tell you something important, mind a second?”

“Mr. Jung,” Professor Sprout greeted them at the food of the stairs with a stern glance, “I need to guide all the fourth years back to their dorms now.”

“And I really need to tell Xero something now,” Hoseok said with his best charming smile, “You can leave him to me, Professor, I promise I’ll bring him back to our dorm soon.”

“I’d rather go with Professor Sprout though,” Xero muttered and winced in Hoseok’s grip.

Professor Sprout gave them a sceptical look, but nodded finally. “Alright. Mr. Park, Mr. Jeon, Mr. Kim, you come with me!”

Xero sent them a pleading glance Jungkook ignored in order to tug on Taehyung’s hand with a smile. Taehyung waved over his shoulder in the prefects’ direction and Jungkook unsuccessfully dodged Stephanie pinching his cheek.

“Good night, Jimin,” Yoongi said quietly and added with a small smirk, “Sweet dreams.”

Jimin blushed and almost stumbled over his robes, ears burning bright red as he kept himself upright with a tight grip on Taehyung’s sleeve.

“Y-yeah, good night …”

“Mr. Park, Mr. Kim, Mr. Jeon please follow me!” Professor Sprout called and dragged the fourth years behind her and down the corridor, “It’s way too late for you to be up anyway, this is the last weekend before the exams which should be used for studying and not life-risking adventures –”

The prefects exchanged a glance amongst themselves, and Seokjin seemed right up for another deep conversation, possibly to discuss al the highlights of the last night, but Namjoon quickly interrupted him with an arm slung around his shoulders and a nuzzle against his forehead.

“Well good night to you people, but I need to kidnap Seokjin for a while now,” Namjoon smirked and saluted in their direction, “See you tomorrow.”

Seokjin rolled his eyes but accepted the hand Namjoon offered him. “Good night guys.”

Stephanie looked after them with a smile, before she yawned and stretched her arms over her head. “I’m going to bed, guys. I’ll see you for breakfast right?” She absentmindedly reached out for Xero, smiling to herself while she ruffled her hair. “You did really well today. Maybe you should join us in BPS, though I’m not sure if we’re going to keep that alive anyway. Still, it’s ridiculous to think people even suspected you at some point.”

Stephanie shook her head and gave them a wave over her shoulder while she ran down the corridor with flying curls. Xero bit his lower lip and dropped his hand.

“See, all your worries for nothing right?” Yoongi rolled his eyes and gave Hoseok a thwack on the arm, “I’ll see you tomorrow. If you need throat treatment at the hospital wing from all that screaming, I’d rather not join though.”

Hoseok laughed and accepted his high-five, waving as he strolled his way down the corridor, before he turned back to give Xero a blinding smile.

Xero gave him a wary look in return. “What was Yoongi talking about – all your worries for nothing? Did you worry?”

“Well you know,” Hoseok cleared his throat and looked rather uncomfortable all of a sudden, “We did investigate over quite some time in this case, and at some point we grew suspicious over a stack of white hair found in the bathroom that fit eerily with your current hair colour, plus you told me you’re a parselmouth, which the others found somewhat suspicious, too. So you can’t expect me to not worry you weren’t involved in something, well, bad ...”

“What?” Xero’s throat felt dry and he swallowed several times, face paling rapidly while he tried to digest the news he just heard. All the whispering, the way the other students looked at him over the last days, the rumours and accusations, came back like a train crash and Xero felt like something heavy dropped in his stomach.

“So it was you all along –” Xero muttered and ran a hand through his hair, “I trusted you, trusted that out of all people you at least wouldn’t judge me, since you’re our prefect and I always –” Xero paused again and vehemently shook his head, “! this, Jung Hoseok, I can’t believe you deceived me like this! I can’t believe you told my secret, the secret that mattered the most, to ing everyone!”

“Hold on, hold on, this is not right!” Hoseok protested immediately, “I mean, yes, I did share it with the BPS guys, but it was only for our mission to succeed! I didn’t mean to harm you in any way, if other students may overheard us talking in the great hall, I’m really sorry, but it wasn’t on purpose!”

“I told it to you as a ing secret to no tell anyone! You were the first I told, because I thought I could trust you the most!” Xero spit and pressed a hand over his eyes, tears threatening to fall down, “Because I only wanted you to know.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened and he immediately reached out to curl a hand around Xero’s wrist. “No, I swear, I didn’t –”

Xero hissed and shook his hand to free himself. “Don’t. ing. Touch Me.”

Hoseok stared at him, and there’s so much in his eyes, and more. He opened his mouth almost hesitantly, but there are no words coming out as he helplessly watched Xero running away.




Professor Sprout seemed mostly annoyed, and crossed her arms while she gave them a stern glance. “Mr. Jeon, we really need to go right now.”

“Professor Sprout, I don’t want to leave him,” Jungkook wailed without turning around and tightened his grip on Taehyung’s hands, “Please, can’t you give us at least another five minutes?”

“Mr. Jeon, it’s one in the morning,” Professor Sprout crossed her arms, “We still need to guide Mr. Park back to Hufflepuff’s dorm. I give you five seconds to say good night to your boyfriend, but no longer!”

Jungkook immediately starting beaming and turned back to Taehyung. “Boyfriend. I really like the ring to it.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes, but held their joined hands closer to his chest with a small smile. Jungkook leaned down with his back turned to rest and gently pecked Taehyung’s cheek. “Sleep well.”

“Mr. Jeon! Five seconds are long over!”

Taehyung chuckled and pushed Jungkook’s chest, the other easily catching his fist to sneak a kiss on it. “You sleep well, too.”

“Mr. Jeon!”

“Yes, Professor,” Jungkook sighed and turned around, heartbroken expression plastered all over his face, “I can’t believe you’re actively trying to get in the way of young love, Professor.”

“I’m not in the way of young love, except at one in the morning! No Mr. Jeon, don’t give me that look, you’re not going to die because you’re one night away from your boyfriend!”

“I’m not so sure about that, Professor.”

Jungkook made half dying noises but accepted Jimin’s hand to guide him down the corridors in the direction of Hufflepuff’s dorm. Just right before the corner, he turned around to get one last glance at Taehyung’s distinctive lavender hair before the Ravenclaw disappeared inside their dorm. It was right when Taehyung looked up himself, and their eyes met in a way that made Jungkook’s heart swell and smile all stupidly to himself, lifting his hand as a last good bye.

“Mr. Jeon! Stop daydreaming and keep going!”

“I’m sorry, Professor ...”




Namjoon was in a better mood than appropriate, considering what they just went through and the fact it was past one i3n the morning. His robes still carried the distinctive smell of salt and ocean, but that didn’t stop him to wrap an arm around Seokjin’s shoulders and laugh into his ear.

“So, what are we going to do now?”

Seokjin furrowed his brows and wrinkled his nose. “What do you mean, we’re going back to our dorms, what else? That’s what Professor McGonagall said after all –”

“Oh my god are you serious?” Namjoon snorted and shook his head, “God, you are definitely something Kim Seokjin.”

Seokjin glared at him. “Shut up. Do you know the time? Curfew ended like, hours ago.” 

“Curfew’s for losers,” Namjoon laughed and reached out to take Seokjin’s hand. “Come on, let’s get out of here.”

“But –“ Seokjin protested.

“What but?” Namjoon shrugged, “With all the rules we broke today, a little more won’t hurt, don’t you think?”

Seokjin opened his mouth, but closed it right away. Namjoon’s laughter was captivating, and letting go of his hand was definitely the last thing Seokjin wanted to do at the moment, or ever.

They exited through the main door without anyone noticing, Mr. Filch apparently patrolling in an entire different part of the castle and the rest of the students and teachers in deep slumber. It was pitch black outside, but still warm from the sunny day. Summer was close, and Seokjin felt his freshly dried robes comfortably warm against his skin. Namjoon held his hand tightly while guiding him down the hill, until they reached the far end of the cliff with a view over Hagrid’s hut and the dark Quidditch pitch.

The grass felt wet, but Seokjin couldn’t care less. He sat down next to Namjoon, the younger pulling their entwined hands on his lap and casually running his thumb over Seokjin’s palm.

“I can’t believe what happened today,” Seokjin muttered and stared down at the dark hills in front of them, illuminated only from moonlight, “This is so – unbelievable. I never expected myself to do something like this honestly.”

“I didn’t expect you either,” Namjoon dodged Seokjin’s fist with a silent laughter, “No, but seriously. You surprised me. You’re cooler than I thought. Pretty rebellious even.”

Seokjin rolled his eyes and turned his head to meet Namjoon’s eyes. The Gryffindor stared at him intensely, and Seokjin’s lips curled while his gaze searched the other’s face. He tilted his head a little and Namjoon took right that moment to lean in and press an open mouthed kiss on his lips.

“We never really talked about it,” Namjoon said, and his voice was steady and confident, “But you do know I consider you my boyfriend, right? As in, exclusive and everlasting.”

“Everlasting?” Seokjin repeated and chuckled quietly.

“What?” Namjoon retreated and shrugged with a lazy grin on his lips, “All or nothing, otherwise it’d be boring, don’t you think –”

Seokjin reached out to gently rest his hand on Namjoon’s nape and pulled him in for another kiss. He felt Namjoon smiling against his lips. There was a strong arm around his shoulders, and heat radiating from Namjoon’s body. Seokjin smiled and closed his eyes, allowing himself to get carried away once for all.




“So I heard you guys were kidnapped by Voldemort’s apprentice?” is the first thing Yugyeom told him when they met up at the stairs of their dorms, Jungkook’s hair a mess and eyes swollen due to the lack of sleep.

“Voldemort’s apprentice? What?” Jungkook shook his head and snorted, “I wish it was that cool, honestly.”

“What happened then?” Yugyeom asked excitedly and quickly followed him outside the common room, with the background of all the other Gryffindors giving him side-eyes and whispering among themselves.

“Battled with a Death Eater!” they said, and, “Blew up St. Mungo’s! Professor McGonagall is about to expel them if Gryffindor doesn’t win the Quidditch cup!”

“Nothing happened,” Jungkook said and ruffled his hair, “Min Yoongi, you know, Slytherin’s prefect, dragged us into some mess. We almost got killed, I swear. I’m actually not allowed to tell you anything, but I can say that if it wasn’t for my skills in Defence Against the Dark Arts we may not be alive anymore.”

Yugyeom didn’t look nearly half as impressed as he expected. “Don’t tell me this was just another stunt to show off in front of your crush.”

“What? No, of course not,” Jungkook made a face and pushed their way through the groups of students that bustled around in the entrance hall, giving them wide eyed looks as they passed.

Apparently, the whole school already had a rough idea about what happened last night, and apparently not even half of it was remotely true. The excited looking group of Hufflepuffs were all about how their prefect practically saved Hogwarts single-handedly, the serious looking Ravenclaws exchanged plans on how to insert their experiences of last night in the upcoming exams, “You think I can write an essay about a dragon in Care of Magical Creatures instead of the practical exam, now that I were face to face with a real one?”, and a tiny Gryffindor assured his friend he was actually present in St. Mungo’s while “Min Yoongi, Slytherin’s darkest wizard, battled an army of former Death Eaters all by himself to save the love of his life, Caroline Leeker!”.

“Jimin is not going to like this,” Jungkook announced and gave the tiny Gryffindor a glare, “These rumours seriously, what comes next, Jimin actually fought the Death Eaters while we all watched – oh, there’s Taehyung!”

Jungkook’s face immediately lighted up and his mouth curled, a wide beam forming on his face while his eyes displayed nothing but affection and warmth. Yugyeom grimaced and shook his head.

“This is scary, stop it please.”

Jungkook deliberately ignored him and strut over to Ravenclaw’s table, hand wound incredibly tight around Yugyeom’s wrist. Whispers accompanied them while they made their way to the blue table, and if students weren’t pointing at them and throwing wild speculations in the air, they were all busy over their books.

“I can’t believe it,” Seokjin complained loudly, “We only have this weekend left until the exams and Catherine Jason asked me if it’s true I tamed a Hungarian Horntail to conquer the world while I was studying in the library.”

“Seokjin it’s nine in the morning, when on earth have you found the time to study anyway?” Stephanie said and yawned through half lidded eyes.

Jungkook pushed their way through the end of the table, flopping down next to Taehyung with the widest beam on his face. “Hi!”

“Jeon Jungkook, just the man we are waiting for,” Junhong went to high five Yugyeom before fixating him with a stern gaze, “Seokjin won’t tell us anything, Xero is bitter as , Jimin seems intimidated by his porridge and Taehyung’s talking nonsense as usual, so – what on earth happened?!”

“Hey, don’t talk about my boyfriend like that,” Jungkook beamed and threw his arm around the Ravenclaw’s shoulders. Taehyung turned his head and smiled at him, and Jungkook was not sure whether imploding right there and then was actually appropriate. Instead, he settled on pressing his forehead against Taehyung’s, both sharing identical smiles.

“Yeah whatever, calm down with the PDA please,” Junhong snorted and gave Jimin a good thwack on the head to stop him from mixing pumpkin juice with his porridge, “Can you instead please actually tell us a thing about what happened last night – and why did Xero got to share all the fun with you, while I couldn’t? Didn’t thought it’s necessary to wake up one of your eldest friends, Taehyung?”

“Mate, I’d have rather not accompanied them either,” Xero said bitterly and started violently chopping his apple, “Friends my , traitorous bunch that almost got us all killed.”

Junhong raised an eyebrow. “Okay then. Still, sounds pretty fun to me. Meanwhile, I was back at our dorm, covering the fact Taehyung didn’t come back like the good friend I am because I thought his crush kidnapped him once more.”

“I’d never kidnap Taehyung,” Jungkook protested and moved closer to press his cheek against Taehyung’s shoulder, “Plus, Taehyung would go voluntarily with me either way. We’re deeply in love, you know?”

Junhong exchanged a glance with Xero, who only pressed his lips together and shook his head. Jimin seemed slightly distracted by his porridge mess, but nudged Taehyung’s side with a smile.

“Congrats on that, however it happened anyway,” Junhong still seemed electrically charged, bouncing on his seat, “Now, can you please tell me anything about last night? Stop being such ty friends.”

Jungkook continued exchanging heart eyes with Taehyung, and Jimin stole glances over his shoulder to where Yoongi was sitting with the other prefects. Junhong sighed and raised his eyebrows at Xero.

“So?”

“Sorry mate, but seems like the whole school knows about it better than we do anyway,” Xero muttered and abruptly got up, “Now excuse me, I need to go and ask Professor Slughorn to sign me the permission slip for Moste Potente Potions. Maybe there’s something useful in there I can use to get back on that ing –”

Junhong stared after him with his jaw dropped, before exchanging a glance with Yugyeom. “What exactly …?”

Yugyeom only shrugged and loaded his plate with another stack of toasts.

“Honestly, I don’t even want to know.”
 




So um this story is about to end soon but drama is still everywhere, what even is this orz. Anyway, I still got some (extremely fluffy and idiotic) stuff for you in the last two chapters, so I hope everyone is hyped for it yuzz. With all the uni stuff I can’t help but let you guys wait quite some time for the updates, but I promise the chapters will be long, at least …

I hope you enjoyed the chapter guys! Oh, and have a nice Easter everyone! Have fun searching for easter eggs and stuffing yourself with chocolate (at least that’s what I’m going to do).

xxx