Hush

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"Stop stealing glances at me, I already caught you. Stop smiling and turn around"

Miss A - Hush


 

“You know,” Hoseok narrowed his eyes and stared at the cauldron in front of them, “Our report would be so much better if we actually use this.”

“Use what?” Seokjin asked and checked the temperature of the fire before adding salamander blood.

“Use the potion of course,” Hoseok grinned and poked his wand in the clear blue liquid.

Seokjin started to seriously question why exactly Jung Hoseok was his partner for their potions project. Yoongi, who was usually partnered with Hoseok, managed to swiftly escape and partner up with another Slytherin prefect, Caroline. Jaebum, the other Ravenclaw who took potions with him, couldn’t resist when the pretty Slytherin girl in their class asked him and he didn’t even apologize to Seokjin.

It’s not like he hated Hoseok. They got along well, even though Seokjin still wondered how exactly the other planned to continue with the whole BPS stuff. Still. Partnering with Hoseok on an official school project was not really what he preferred. Especially when the other suggested stuff like that.

“Use a love potion?” Seokjin raised both eyes brows, “Is this a legit suggestion?”

“Why not? It would be fun and raise the valuation of our report,” Hoseok shrugged and added peppermint to the potion, “Come on, as if you never thought of slipping stuff into those noisy fourth and fifth years food.”

Seokjin opened his mouth, paused, and closed it again.

“But,” he said finally, “This is against the rules. We could be expelled if it comes out we tested a love potion on other students.”

“If we argue we mixed up the potions for our class and thought this was a simple euphoria elixir they can’t expel us,” Hoseok replied, “Also, what’s the fun if it’s not a bit illegal?”

“We are prefects,” Seokjin huffed and diluted their potion with water, “I surely will not allow you to endanger –“

“Won’t Professor Slughorn be so impressed if we can describe him the detailed effect of a love potion we invented by ourselves?” Hoseok said slyly, “He will give us best marks on this. Relying on our abilities, do you really think we will endanger someone? It’s just a small test Seokjin, calm down.”

Seokjin loved getting best marks, especially in potions since he wasn’t naturally gifted in it. Seokjin hated violating the rules. It was just so hard to decide.

“I swear,” he finally whispered, “If something – anything – goes wrong I’ll kick your and personally get you into detention for a month.”

“Ah why so pessimistic,” Hoseok laughed and slung an arm around his shoulders, “This is going to be great. We should inform Yoongi, maybe he knows someone we could embarrass –“

“What?”

“ – I mean test the potion on,” Hoseok beamed widely and stirred the bright blue elixir, “Ha, I already have a few people in my mind.”

“We should prepare a check list, to watch out for several effects,” Seokjin mumbled and scribbled a few points down on his parchment, “It’ll be best if we test it on a Saturday so we’ll be free from all classes. We could do some interviews with the persons who agree on testing the potions to sort out who’s suitable for this experiment.”

“Ah, but this is so boring,” Hoseok whined and quickly corrected himself, “I mean it surely affect the results if the person already knows what’s going to happen. We should just randomly choose someone and secretly mix the potion in their drink or something.”

Seokjin furrowed his brows. “This sounds so wrong. I seriously can’t believe –“

“Think of the result,” Hoseok said quickly, “Best marks – Professor Slughorn will forever love us – if love potions come up in our NEWTs we’ll have first-hand experience to report.”

It was so tempting. And when it came to marks Seokjin was quite a bit selfish.

“Who do you have in mind?” he asked quietly and checked his textbook for the next ingredients.

Hoseok paused and then a smirk formed on his lips.

“Oh, there’s someone who’s just perfect for this.”



Jimin couldn’t eat. There was food all over the table, just like every day, an amount not even all students combined could eat, from chicken slices to mashed potatoes and plum pudding all of his favourite foods were around him. Still Jimin only stared down at his golden plate, eyes wide and chewing on his lower lip.

“He’s obviously depressed,” Xero whispered not so quietly and exchanged a glance with Taehyung who sat on his other side, “Did you guys fight?”

“Fight?” Taehyung blinked in confusion, “Why should we fight?”

“I don’t know, maybe you got on each other’s nerves?” Xero suggested and added silently, “I totally expected that to happen years ago.”

“Jimin and I don’t fight,” Taehyung said nonchalantly and reached out for the smashed potatoes, “We’re best friends.”

“Even best friends fight,” Xero argued and shrugged, “I don’t know, like you guys fall in love with the same person and then you’re all mad at each other.”

“Who’s falling in love with whom?”

Hoseok literally plopped out of nowhere, throwing an arm around Xero’s shoulder and grinning widely.

Xero inhaled sharply and quickly removed his hand.

“I don’t know, Jimin and Taehyung maybe,” he grumbled and moved as far away from the other as possible, “Jimin’s depressed.”

“Oh? Because of love troubles?” Hoseok seemed suspiciously excited about that fact, “Does that maybe have to do something with a certain prefect of Slytherin? You know, someone told me he actually gave you my roses on Valentine’s Day.”

Jimin eyes widened and he blushed several shades of red. “N-no it’s not about Yoongi!”

Hoseok paused and then turned his head, staring all over their table to the one next them in blue and bronze. His eyes met the one’s of Ravenclaw’s prefect and he gave him a quick thumbs up before turning back to them.  

“Here,” Hoseok said with an unnatural warm voice, “Come, drink something. It’s pumpkin juice, you like that right?”

Jimin still seemed very distraught and absently took the mug the prefect was handing him.

“Actually I don’t,” he mumbled and stared down at the orange liquid, “Taehyung likes it way more than I do.”

“Hmm?” the purple haired looked up from his potatoes and stared at the mug, “So this is for me? Thanks.”

“Here you go,”

Jimin passed him the mug and let his eyes wander over the mass of students, instinctively searching for a certain prefect on the green and silver table. When his eyes finally caught Yoongi, he realized the other was staring at their table.

Jimin wondered what he was looking at and even though this was most probably ridiculous, Jimin hoped Yoongi was looking at him.

“Wait Jimin the drink was for you –“ Hoseok stopped with wide eyes when Taehyung suddenly made a gargled sound and dropped the mug, “Oh , everything okay with you?”

 Taehyung didn’t reply, his face rapidly paling and the white in his eyes slowly turning to a faint shade of red.

“Tae? What is going on?” Jimin awoke from his frozen state and shook the other’s shoulder, “Are you alright? Tae?”

Taehyung blinked several times and slowly his face got colour again.

“Yeah,” he said with a faint voice and stared up, his eyes meeting Hoseok’s, “I think – I love you.”

“What?!”

There were quite a few shocked cries, Jimin dropping his spoon in the bowl with the peas which content practically spilled everywhere, Xero choking hard on his drink and spitting juice all over the table, and to make this situation even better Taehyung’s friend from Gryffindor, Jeon Jungkook, just passed them and literally dropped everything in his hands, from his school bag to a high stack of books, parchments and ink bottles.

“You love him?” Jungkook cried out, not caring about the stares everyone was giving him.

“I do,” Taehyung said with dreamy eyes and stood up, taking the few steps to Hoseok to curl his fingers around the prefect’s hands, “I love you so much, Jung Hoseok.”

“Wow hold on what’s happening here,” Junhong and the whole Ravenclaw crew now also joined the mess, all coming over from their table and sitting down between them, “Taehyung loves Hoseok? Since when exactly?”

“Since the first day I met him,” Taehyung said and smiled, bringing Hoseok’s hand to his face and softly kissing it, “Just look at him, isn’t he so handsome, so perfect?”

Ravenclaw’s prefect Kim Seokjin walked over to them with a rather bewildered expression on his face, together with Yoongi which made Jimin’s stomach drop several times.  Hoseok on the other hand seemed more amused than everything.

“You love me?” he repeated and grinned, “Really? Say – how much do you love me?”

“A lot,” Taehyung said and took a step closer, “I feel like my whole being is only gravitating around you. I want to be close to you, I want to hold your hand and constantly look at you.”

Jimin could only blankly stare at his friend. What was going on? Why was Taehyung suddenly in love with Hoseok and more importantly, why was he talking like he’s quoting a sappy love novel?

“Very good!” Hoseok said and apparently didn’t catch on the scandalized look Xero was giving him and the one of utter shock Jungkook shot at him, “Describe more of your feelings. Are your hands sweaty? Are there butterflies in your belly?”

“Soooo many,” Taehyung quickly extended his arms and then reached out to hold Hoseok’s hand again, “My knees are weak. I can’t believe I’m actually so close to you, my heart is about to burst out of my chest –“

What,” Jungkook hissed and stepped over the big pile that was his school supplies, “Since when do you love him, that’s pure bull right here –“

“Hoseok, don’t you think this is enough?” Seokjin asked with a conflicted expression on his face, “It obviously works so –“

“Tell me more!” Hoseok demanded excitedly and ignored the rest, “What do you want to do now?”

“What I want to do?” there was a very untypically smirk on Taehyung’s face and he leaned even closer, hands left and right on Hoseok’s neck, “Isn’t it obvious? I want to kiss –“

“NO YOU DON’T!”

Too many things happened the same time. Seokjin stepped forward with his hands outstretched to stop whatever was going on but there was already a bang and Hoseok stumbled backwards, right when Taehyung’s knees gave in and he fell flat on the table. There were screams, girls were screeching and the whole table of teachers jumped up.

“Taehyung!” Jungkook cried and ran over to him, wand still in his hand after he used it to knock Hoseok off his feet, “Are you alright?”

Jimin’s face was completely pale and his gaze wandered from Taehyung to Xero who was staring at him with narrowed eyes, wand still raised.

“What did you do?”

“I just stunned him,” Xero said flatly and raised his arms in defence, “What, he was going to kiss Hoseok.”

“But –“

“What is going on here?!”

Professor McGonagall was the first one to reach them and she looked ready to explode.

“Is anyone able to give me a proper explanation of what happened right now?” she asked with a horribly sharp edge to her voice.

Hoseok groaned from his position on the floor and rubbed his head. “Professor, someone just attacked me.”

“Who?!”

Jungkook looked up from where he still had his arms wrapped around Taehyung’s body. “Hoseok tried to ually assault Taehyung!”

“You did what Mr. Jung?”

 “No I didn’t Professor!” Hoseok protested and took Seokjin’s hand to get up, “It was Taehyung here who tried to kiss me and then suddenly everyone lost it. It’s not my fault!”

“It’s so your fault!” Jungkook shot back, “Why is Taehyung knocked out now?”

“Well how should I know, maybe someone attacked him too!”

Everyone’s eyes darted to Xero who blinked and wasn’t able to grasp the situation quickly enough, raised wand still in hands.

“Mr. Shin,” Professor McGonagall snapped, “Can you please explain to me why you attacked Mr. Kim?”

“He tried to kiss Hoseok!” Xero bit his lower lip and avoided looking at Hoseok, “There was obviously something not right with him, he suddenly started spluttering love confessions like seriously, where did that even come from. I decided to shock him to protect him from himself!”

“Something was not right with Mr. Kim?” Professor McGonagall repeated and furrowed his brows, “Like what exactly? Did someone hex him?”

“No Professor, I swear it was just a harmless potion from our potions class!” Hoseok started and completely missed the daggers Seokjin shot at him, “You know, Seokjin here and I are doing love potions as a project so we thought it’d be a nice experiment to test it on Jimin to see whether he’ll be able to confess to Yoongi under the influence of a love potion ,but then Taehyung accidentally drank it!”

Jimin paled and hid behind Junhong’s back, trying to shield himself from Yoongi’s curious eyes who immediately darted towards him.

Professor McGonagall on the other hand seemed to have trouble holding herself back and not starting to scream at them right there and then.

“So you’re telling me Mr. Kim and you slipped love potions into your fellow student's drink as an experiment?!”

Hoseok realised his mistake way too late. “Professor, this was not what I was trying to say –“

Seokjin looked like he wanted to strangle the other.

“You two are prefects,” Professor McGonagall said with a dangerously low voice, “This is outrageous. I never heard of two prefects who willingly let their fellow students embarrass themselves in front of everyone, endanger themselves, just because they wanted to do a little experiment. This will have serious consequences Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim, I hope you’re aware of that!”

Hoseok tried to protest but Seokjin elbowed him, a stoic expression on his face while he hung his head low.

“Yes Professor.”

“Now to you, Mr. Shin,” Professor McGonagall turned to the Hufflepuff with a murderous look in her eyes, “Attacking fellow students because of some childish jealousy –“

“This was not about jealousy, Professor!”

“– is something I never want to see again. Twenty points off Hufflepuff and detention. The same for you, Mr. Jeon!”

“But Professor –“

“I don’t want to hear anything!” Professor McGonagall snapped and raised a hand, “I’m actually tempted sending everyone here to detention because no one tried to stop this, tried to solve this with words instead of magic. I’m disappointed. Now someone please guide Mr. Kim here to the hospital wing and the rest clean this mess.”

With that she rushed off, leaving everyone with stunned expressions on their faces behind. There was a pause, a horrible pause where they all just stared, unable to comprehend the situation.

Then there was a muffled hit and Hoseok collapsed on the bench, holding his stomach from the punch he just received from Seokjin.

 




went dooown – Hoseok is such a dumbo. Like seriously, what was that even. Still he somehow supported the pairings a bit (except Namjin because Namjoon's lost on the Gryffindor table …).

I hope you liked this messy chapter? I had fun writing it so I hope you had fun reading it :D

Leave your thoughts :-)

xxx