Heart Attack

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"I keep wanting to be in your arms, baby. When our eyes meet, my heart pounds. I try to get even the tiniest bit of your attention." 

AOA - Heart Attack

 

“ my life,” Yugyeom shook his head and gripped tight on his robes, “Why did I even agree to sign up for this? I can’t handle stress for .”

“When I set you on fire you handled it perfectly fine,” Jungkook reminded him, chewing on his inner cheek, “Also, you’re just a beater, I’m the seeker, everyone relies on me.”

“Just a beater?” Yugyeom raised an eyebrow, “It’s my job to secure you guys won’t start another mass crash again.”

Jungkook felt his left eyelid twitching. “What are you implying –“

“Guys, guys,” Namjoon threw an arm around both of their shoulders and grinned, “What are you sitting here in the changing rooms, the match won’t start until half an hour.”

“Well Tony told us to gather, wherever he is –“ Jungkook started and blinked rapidly from the sunshine blinding him when they stepped outside, “Oh, sunshine, great. Catching the snitch will be such an easy task when it’s all bright like that.”

“Why so optimistic,” Namjoon grinned, all the awfully happy self he’d been way too long now.

Jungkook gave up on asking, but it was quite obvious with the way Namjoon started meeting up with a certain prefect more than usual. He even ditched Stephanie on several weekends and Jungkook found himself hanging out with her and her friends, which he would have enjoyed way more if Taehyung joined the Ravenclaw bunch but instead was stuck with a constantly snickering Junhong and Stephanie’s way too nosy female friend Victoria. Taehyung apparently spent his time studying with his Hufflepuff friend Park Jimin, which sounded highly suspicious to Jungkook because neither Taehyung nor Park Jimin looked in particular studious to him. Maybe, instead of studying, Taehyung just liked Park Jimin way better than him. Didn’t he say this Jimin was his number one in numbers of liking? Just great.

“Why are you looking like that?” Namjoon asked with an amused tone in his voice, “Come on Jungkookie, smile a little.”

Jungkook shot him a murderous glare. “Don’t call me that.”

“Why do you call me Gyeomie then?” Yugyeom asked from Namjoon’s other side with a pout on his face.

Namjoon chuckled and lead them all over the crowded way leading to the Quidditch stadium to a group huddled close to the large fir trees. They were all dressed in red and gold colours, sitting on the green grass or leaning against the trees, a fresh breeze tousling their hair. Jungkook spotted Tony Carter, boasting over all the great tactics he made for their team to excited third and fourth years while Mark Tuan sat with an incredibly flustered expression next to him, surrounded by squealing girls who were all trying to get as close to him as possible, brushes and small cans in their hands.

“What are they doing –“ Jungkook started when Tony spotted them and waved with his way too big hands.

“Yo guys, come over!” his voice boomed, “Get your numbers done!”

“My numbers?” Yugyeom repeated and his voice cracked in the end, “What…?”

“What are you thinking, Gyeomie?” Namjoon teased and Yugyeom blushed beet red.

“N-no –“

Jungkook shot his friend a curious glance but before he got a chance to ask two girls already snatched his arms and pulled him down on a stool.

“We’re cheering for you, Jungkook!” the blonde one announced with a high pitched voice and Jungkook’s pretty sure he’d never talked to her before.

“Yeah, I’ll paint a snitch on your left cheek!” the other one, a girl with long dark braids and a just as high pitched voice, reached out to touch his jaw.

“You’ll paint on my cheek – ?”  Jungkook started but wasn’t able to protest when he noticed a group of Ravenclaws passing them.

They were all dressed in their house colours, blue and bronze, and most of them carried banners and stickers with them. Jungkook saw bright white hair and recognized Xero, so he instinctively looked out for light, purple hair. And there he was, Kim Taehyung, walking next to his friend with a pretty blank expression on his face.

“Hey!” Jungkook called out and raised a hand, “He-ey, Taehyung!”

“Sit still,” the blonde girl ordered him, carefully holding his face while she painted the number on his cheek.

Jungkook furrowed his brows but obeyed, gaze glued on the purple haired Ravenclaw. He saw Xero rolling his eyes and whispering something to the other – but Taehyung just shook his head, and then he lifted his face to meet Jungkook’s eyes. And Jungkook felt like everything stopped for a second. Taehyung stared at him, dark eyes wide and a soft blush suddenly covered his face. It spread all over his cheeks, painting them in a soft pink shade. Jungkook felt his heart thundering in his chest. What was going on – did Taehyung just blush upon seeing him?

“Hey,” the blonde girl snapped and held tighter on his chin, “Look at me, or I’ll mess up.”

“Why don’t you use magic anyway,” Jungkook replied and ignored her irritated look.

He contemplated whether or not waving at Taehyung again, gesturing him to come over, when he realized the Ravenclaws had already left, a mop of lavender hair vanishing inside the Quidditch stadium. Jungkook sighed and sacked his shoulders, his eyelids falling close.

“Are you tired?” Yugyeom asked from his side and touched his wrist, “Everything ok Jungkook?”

“Yes, well, I guess,” Jungkook mumbled and gripped tightly on his Quidditch uniform.

The upcoming match was surely the most important thing to focus on right now, but he couldn’t help but replay the moment over and over in his mind, the soft blush on Taehyung’s cheeks and his almost flustered expression. Taehyung never acted like this before, the oblivious, oh so adorable Taehyung didn’t blush just because of Jungkook looking at him. Did that mean – he finally realized how he felt for him? Or was Taehyung blushing because of completely different reasons? Should Jungkook use this opportunity to ask him out after the match or was he rushing things again?

“You better not be tired, we have a match to win!” Tony Carter announced loudly and reached out to slap his shoulder, “Is his number done? Then let’s go. Where are Jane and Daehyun anyway?”

“They left to grab some food before the match starts,” Namjoon said and helped Yugyeom to stand up without toppling over the girls around him.

“Didn’t I forbid you guys to eat anything before a match?” Tony furrowed his brows and grabbed Mark’s collar, dragging the redhead behind him, “Well, we don’t have much time left. I still want to show everyone a tactic which will surely make us win.”

“Which would have been really useful if you mentioned that during the last training maybe,” Jungkook muttered and ignored the daggers their captain shot at him.

“The most important thing,” Tony said while they walked inside their changing room where Daehyun and Jane were already waiting for them, “Is not to get personal feelings involved. It doesn’t matter if you’re somehow dating Ravenclaw’s captain,” he gave Namjoon a look, “Are in some unclear relationship with their beater,” he stared at Mark who blushed once again, “Have a best friend in their team,” he stared at Daehyun, “Or try to seriously get into a Ravenclaw guy’s pants,” with that he glared at Jungkook.

“What, I don’t try to get in his pants –“

“We all know Kim Seokjin is dangerous when he’s desperate to win,” Tony continued and furrowed his brows, “And Ravenclaw definitely has to win in order to remain in the cup. They will try to win by any costs, I’m sure. So there is only one option in this – we win the game or we die trying!”

Mark’s face turned to an unhealthy colour and Yugyeom exchanged a definitely worried look with Jungkook who tried to play it cool because seriously, he was an amazing seeker, there was no way they wouldn’t win this.

“Ravenclaw !” Tony yelled and with that they followed him outside on the field, ear-deafening screams practically everywhere.

Jungkook covered his one ear and instinctively looked out for Ravenclaw’s stands, the blue and bronze dressed students all on the right side, but it was simply impossible to single out a head of purple hair.

“Jungkook, focus!” Tony yelled right in his ear before stepping forward to shake Kim Seokjin’s hand, who looked ready to break every single one of his fingers.

Ravenclaw’s team seemed pretty distressed which could be reasoned by the clear ambition on their captain’s face. Jungkook saw Choi Junhong gripping tightly on his broomstick and if the other hadn’t embarrassed him on multiple occasions right in front of Taehyung he would have felt a slight pity for him.

“Mount your broomsticks please!” Madam Hooch announced and raised her whistle, “I want a good and fair match!”

The screaming from the stands intensified when she finally blew her whistle and Jungkook caught a quick glimpse of the snitch before it disappeared right there and then.

“And the match starts!” Jackson yelled right on spot, “This is Ravenclaw’s last chance to turn the tables so I guess we’re all excited to see how Kim Seokjin armed his team in order to win. On the other hand we have Gryffindor who showed a solid win against Slytherin in the last match – even though one can argue how reliable that is – so we’re surely going to have an interesting match today. And there is already Kim Seokjin with the quaffle – he aims right for the goal posts – is Tony there to stop him? No he isn’t – GOAL! Ten points for Ravenclaw, blimey, and we’re just twenty seconds in the match!”

The Gryffindor fans groaned loudly and Tony gritted his teeth, beckoning his chasers to quickly react which Jane did by catching the quaffle in mid-air and immediately rushing to the opposed goal posts. Namjoon and Mark were right on her sides, the chasers passing the quaffle quickly between them and the screaming of the fans intensified.

“Is this going to be Gryffindor’s counter attack?” Jackson shouted, “Jane’s right in front of the goal posts now – she passes to Namjoon – Mark – Namjoon again – now there’s only Im Jaebum but he’s too slow – and GOAL FOR GRYFFINDOR! HA! It’s ten – ten now, doesn’t look like Ravenclaw’s gonna have an easy opponent in this!”

Namjoon laughed and quickly high-fived Mark and Jane, the quaffle already back in their possession. It’s only then when a bludger suddenly flew right in the midst of them and almost knocked both Jane and Mark of their broomsticks.

“And looks like Park Jinyoung used right this moment to land an attack on the chasers – surprising, since he’s head over heels for our flower boy Mark –“

Laughter filled the air and Mark sent very angry looks in Jackson’s direction while Jinyoung flew past them with a smug expression on his face, winking quickly at the red head. Namjoon rolled his eyes and was ready to make a fly with the quaffle in his hands when suddenly, his arms closed around nothing.

“Next time maybe,” someone shouted right next to him and Namjoon could only stare at Seokjin smirking down at him before he disappeared in the direction of Gryffindor’s goal posts.

“If Kim Namjoon paid more attention to the quaffle than what’s going on this could have been a very good chance for another goal,” Jackson announced dryly and the Ravenclaw’s laughed, “But now it’s Kim Seokjin with the quaffle again – he passes to Stephanie – Youngjae – Stephanie – Seokjin again – and Youngjae – OUCH! THAT MUST’VE HURT!”

The whole stadium groans when a quaffle hit Youngjae right in his back and he toppled over on his broomstick, aimlessly spiralling downwards with the quaffle slipping from his grip. Gryffindor’s beaters Yugyeom and Daehyun high-fived in the air above them.

“And there’s Jane Salinger with the quaffle – she reacted fast on that, what a smart girl – and rather attractive too, if I hadn’t have a girlfriend –“

Laughers filled the stadium again. Seokjin on the other hand rushed right after Jane in order to get the quaffle back but it was impossible without the other chasers, Stephanie desperately trying to help Youngjae back on his broomstick and the beaters all over the place.

“Next time maybe,” Namjoon smirked over his shoulder, the quaffle now in his hands, and Seokjin decided desperate times needed desperate actions.

He didn’t even have the time to think about it when his body already crashed into Namjoon right there and then, almost sending him off his broomsticks and making him drop the quaffle.

“What the ,” Namjoon shouted in his ear and tried to steady his balance.

“FOOOOUL!” Jackson blared through the megaphone along with the crowd, “Ravenclaw’s captain just used a foul to stop Gryffindor’s chasers, how does he even dare – and yes, penalty for Gryffindor! It’s Namjoon – and he SCORES! TWENTY – TEN, take that you dirty, cheating –“

Seokjin bit his lower lip in slight embarrassment and avoided Namjoon who wore an annoyingly smug expression on his face, rushing to the other chasers who were all back on their broomsticks by now.

The match definitely gained on speed, and Gryffindor’s beaters now surrounded the chasers on their way to the goal posts, swinging their bats in order to keep the other players at distance. Ravenclaw’s beaters were quick to react, Hyosang sending a bludger right at the group which gave Daehyun a hard time to fend off and allowed Park Jinyoung to send another bludger right afterwards – which hit the back of Mark Tuan’s head and completely knocked him out.

There was a loud groan when the redhead went completely still on his broomstick, upper body upright for a few more seconds before he slipped off. It felt like time froze for a second, all eyes glued on the chaser.

Namjoon was the first one to react, rushing after Mark’s flying body as quick as possible, accompanied by Jackson’s screams.

“FLOWER BOY IS ATTACKED, I REPEAT FLOWER BOY IS ATTACKED! WHAT A MOVE!”

Jane was right by his side and Daehyun too, all three of them trying to stop the redhead’s fall and it was Namjoon who finally got a hold on the other’s leg, tangling in mid-air with his outstretched hands wrapped around Mark’s ankle.

“Blimey!” Jackson shouted upon the crowd’s shocked exclamations, “Blimey, the chasers seem to be in a serious pinch right there –“

Namjoon struggled hard to hold on Mark’s ankle while lowering his broomstick slowly, the redhead still hanging unconscious in mid-air, and Jane was about to help him when Tony’s shout cut through the air.

“Focus on the ing match, Jane! You too, Daehyun! Namjoon can handle this!”

“Where the do you get this assumption from?!” Namjoon yelled back, sweat running down his forehead with the effort of not dropping Mark.

“Yeah Tony, this is crazy! He needs help!” Jane shouted and raised her hands.

“And we need to win!” Tony shouted back and gestured at Ravenclaw’s players who looked a bit uncertain but nevertheless had the quaffle in their possession, “Get on with the match, for ’s sake!”

“Looks like Gryffindor’s team is in a serious dispute right there, shouting blasphemies with a lot of first and second years within hearing range!” Jackson announced, “Meanwhile Kim Seokjin is already back on the way to the goal posts, together with Stephanie and Youngjae – oh, is this Ravenclaw’s chance for a tie? Tony Carter seems awfully distracted! And yes – goal for Ravenclaw, damn– I mean darn it!”

Namjoon groaned when the cheering chasers passed him and cursed Tony several times, still trying to land safely without dropping Mark on the still way too distant ground. The crowd continued to mostly focus on him instead of what’s going on and so did the majority of Gryffindor’s players despite Tony’s shouting, so Ravenclaw was able to score another three goals in a row.

“It’s fifty – twenty and by the looks of it Gryffindor’s gonna have a hard time to catch up on this!”

And they’re also going to have a hard time keeping their chaser unharmed, Namjoon thought with gritted teeth, as long as he still had to handle this himself. Mark didn’t look like it but he was surprisingly heavy and Namjoon felt his arms getting tired. His fingers scratched over the other’s skin and he was about to yell for Tony to ing help when suddenly, Mark’s weight was decreasing drastically.

“No worries, I got him,” a soft voice said and Namjoon spotted Ravenclaw’s beater Park Jinyoung below him, holding onto Mark’s shoulders and keeping him upright, “What about you take his legs and we’ll carry him down like that?”

“Sounds like a long overdue idea,” Namjoon sighed but smiled and the other, the aching in his arms lessening significantly, “Thank you.”

“Sure thing,” Jinyoung said and lifted his broomstick to fly right next to him, adding quietly, “That’s not the way I wanted to knock him off his feet though.”

“Now would you look at that!” Jackson yelled over the megaphone, “Gryffindor’s chaser and Ravenclaw’s beater teamed up to save our flower boy, this is real sportsmanship right there!”

The crowd sighed in relief and focused back on the match and the other players did also, keeping up with the fast match with Gryffindor starting to counterattack Ravenclaw. Stephanie was right on her way to the goal posts when suddenly Jane appeared behind her and reached out to steal the quaffle from her grip, the fans cheering loudly.

“Great!” Tony shouted when Gryffindor scored a goal right afterwards, “Now the only thing left is our seeker catching the snitch, where is that guy anyway –“

Right then, something blue zoned past him, immediately followed by another red tornado.

“Oh and would you look at this, seems like Ravenclaw’s seeker Choi Junhong just found the snitch!” Jackson yelled into the crowd’s excited screams, “Gryffindor’s seeker Jeon Jungkook is right on his tracks, they're head to head now! Go Jungkook!”

The Ravenclaws groaned upon the biased commentator but then decided to cheer on their own seeker, screams and shouts of “Jungkook!” and “Junhong!” coming from all sides of the stadium. All players stopped right in the air to watch the two seekers, cheering and clapping themselves.

Then, suddenly, the snitch did a twist right in the air and while the red tornado managed to stop in the last second, the blue tornado crashed right in the ground, accompanied by a loud groan from the Ravenclaws.

“For Merlin’s sake!” Jackson yelled in the megaphone, “Ravenclaw’s seeker just did a head dive into the ground! That must’ve hurt badly, someone get him help! And what about the snitch – oh!”

While the Ravenclaws still watched their seeker on the ground, the Gryffindors seemed to realise what happened and the screaming immediately intensified, all eyes on Jungkook who flew right in the air with the snitch safely in his fist.

“JEON JUNGKOOK CAUGHT THE SNITCH, WHAT A SURPRISE!” Jackson shouted through the noise, “GRYFFINDOR WINS 180 – 50, THIS IS THEIR HIGHEST WIN FOR TWO YEARS NOW! WOW, AMAZING! EAT THAT, RAVENCLAWS!”

The Ravenclaw players didn’t even seem that distressed over the result, everyone gathering around Junhong on the floor with Seokjin announcing loudly “I won’t kill him since he looks already pretty dead to me,” which earned him a slap on the back of his head from Stephanie.

Jungkook on the other hand was euphoric, triumphant beam on his face while he flew another round over the stadium, enjoying the crowd cheering for him. He was right on his second round when he passed the Ravenclaws and even though most of them were clapping for him, they all had similar disappointed expressions on their faces.


“Lucky, eh?” Tony appeared next to him and stopped his victory fly with a grip on his collar, “But well done, son.”

“That was great, Jungkook!” Jane shouted and threw her arms around him, Daehyun and Yugyeom joining right afterwards.

“We won!” Yugyeom cheered loudly, “I can’t believe it, we really won! We were even cut short of two players and we still won!”

It was all perfect, Jungkook thought, definitely, but it would have been even better if it wasn’t for the group of Ravenclaws he just spotted, all of them not exactly happy and with a certain purple-haired right in their middle.

“I’ve screwed up,” Jungkook groaned when he landed next to Namjoon, Mark and Junhong already brought to the hospital wing.

“What?” Namjoon raised an eyebrow, “You did well!”

“But – we won against Ravenclaw!” Jungkook said and pouted, “What if Taehyung hates me now since I defeated his house? Oh my god, he surely will!”

Namjoon stared at him for a good five seconds. “I can’t believe you,” he said finally, “I seriously can’t believe you.”

“But what –“

“Just shut up,” Namjoon groaned and threw an arm around his shoulders, dragging him outside the stadium, “Can’t you like once forget about that stupid crush of yours?”

Jungkook puffed his cheeks but didn’t reply to that, his eyes instinctively wandering over the mass of students around them, looking for the significant lavender hair. Stupid crush? Well, probably. And Jungkook didn’t plan to do anything against it soon.
 




Quidditch because Quidditch. Ah, I really hope this chapter wasn’t a mess, what’s with me trying to describe everything in a way my English skills don’t allow …

I’m super sorry for the long wait, but exams literally killed me (thanks to all of you cheering for me they went surprisingly well though ^-^) and I guess the next updates won’t be that fast either, since I’m stuck in a super long internship right now with awful working hours orz. But I’ll give my best to make the updates very enjoyable to read then, since you guys have to wait so long for them!

xxx