Paper Heart

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"I try to act strong on the outside but my heart is like paper. I like you so much that I’m actually a bit scared"

f(x) - Paper Heart


 

“Are you really planning on taking that cat with you?“

Yoongi furrowed his brows and stared at Caroline who just came down the stairs, blonde hair in an updo and arms wrapped around her fluffy white cat.

“Merlin shouldn’t spend the evening all alone up there,” Caroline declared.

“Yeah, but we’re the prefects – supposed to open the ball,” Yoongi reminded her a bit impatiently, “You can’t really do that with a cat in your arms.”

“Of course I won’t,” Caroline frowned at him, “I’ll just take Merlin down to the entrance hall so he can sneak in the great hall if he wants.”

“What’s in there interesting for a cat anyway,” Yoongi mumbled but followed her outside their common room and in the direction of the great hall.

Lots of students were just like them on their way, girls wearing pretty dresses and boys with carefully styled hair and dark robes. Yoongi saw Taekwoon passing with a giggling girl on his arm and a murderous expression on his face and Himchan stopped to quickly greet them with Krystal next to him and lots of boys giving him jealous stares.

In the entrance hall, they met up with the other prefects who were waiting in a circle, nervousness written on all of their faces.

“Yo mate,” Hoseok called him with an unusual white face, holding tight on Jane’s arm, “I don’t know if I ever mentioned this, but is it too late to admit I can’t really dance?”

Yoongi just shot him an annoyed look while inside he was a bit panicking too because honestly, he couldn’t really dance either.

“Well, your luck I am still present,” Tony from his other side declared, “I mean I am the boss at dancing. This will surely once again impress all the girls, I can’t help it, I’ll be even more popular.”

“Oh, shut up Tony,” Stephanie said.

“Hi Seokjin,” Namjoon, on the side of the Ravenclaw female prefect, greeted the other and grinned, “What’s up?”

Seokjin stared at him and his eyes narrowed slightly. “Nothing. Victoria, let’s stand over there, I need to talk to Yoongi real quick.”

“Do you really?” the Slytherin asked quietly and raised an eyebrow.

Seokjin just snorted while Namjoon watched him leaving with furrowed brows and a confused expression on his face.

Chaerin, their head girl, took the lead together with her partner Yifan, right when Professor McGonagall stepped inside the entrance hall and all chatter immediately died down.

“All students, except the prefects, now please enter the hall!” she announced loudly.

Immediately, there was shuffling and rustling while everyone tried to get inside the great hall as soon as possible.  Yoongi straightened his robes and caught a glance of Baekhyun strutting inside with a pretty girl hanging from his arm, giving him a sheepish grin. The Ravenclaws entered in a group, led by their incredibly tall seeker chatting animatedly with Hufflepuff’s huge beater and lots of smaller ones following them, the last ones dragging an out of space looking purple haired behind them.

“So, how long do we even have to dance?” Hoseok started again, “I mean, I don’t wanna dance there like for ages with the whole school watching.”

“Calm down,” Jane smiled sweetly at him and rested a hand on his shoulder, “I’m sure the other students will soon join us.”

Yoongi tried hard to remember how dancing worked while they slowly walked inside the great hall, Caroline’s grip on his arm slightly tightening. The students inside stood in a circle around some improvised dance floor in the middle, all eyes on the prefects. Great, just great.

Some second generation Weird Sisters entered the stage and bowed quickly before taking their instruments.

“Hoseok, calm down,” Yoongi heard Jane whisper before suddenly, the music started.

It wasn’t that bad, but awkward nevertheless.

Yoongi’s one hand was resting on Caroline’s waist while with the other he was guiding her in small circles over the dancefloor. Seokjin passed them, twirling around a pretty girl with long brown hair Yoongi remembered as Victoria like he was the soon to be champion in dancing and Tony didn’t do that bad with Alexa either, guiding her professionally over the dance floor. Yoongi was thinking whether or not he should quicken his own pace with Caroline but after he accidentally stepped on her foot and she winced in pain, he decided against it. On the side line, he saw the other Slytherins, specifically Himchan and Baekhyun, grinning at him and he shot one annoyed glare in their direction. Chaerin passed with Yifan as if they were part of a dancing advertisement and Sandara Park was professionally twirled around by her partner, who seemed overly joyed he’s got to dance with her. Then Hoseok passed him with Jane, somehow managing to look like a pro despite him claiming he can’t dance, and the Hufflepuffs on the side line clapped loudly.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and registered in relief other pairs slowly entering the dance floor. Himchan was doing some weird two-step with Krystal who seemed both annoyed and amused, Taekwoon guided his still giggling partner without even looking at her face and even their Professors danced around them, Professor Grogan looking rather unamused with Professor Slughorn twirling her in the pace of a sleeping snail.

Yoongi’s grip on Caroline’s waist slightly tightened when the band stopped and then started playing a much quicker song.

“Do you want something to drink?” he asked her almost pleadingly, “We can sit down over there.”

“Oh, but I really like this song,” Caroline said with an unusual spark in her eyes, “Come on.”

Yoongi sighed defeated and guided her back in the midst of all the other students. This was ought to be a long night ….




“Who’s your partner, Taehyung?” Seokjin asked while dancing right beside the purple haired with Victoria also turning her head curiously.

Taehyung, who surprised him by dancing not even as badly as he expected him to, blinked and then stared at the red haired girl in front of him.

“Uh,” he started slowly, “Her name is …”

“Catelyn,” the girl introduced herself without even looking offended and smiled at them, “I’m a Gryffindor!”

“Right,” Taehyung nodded, “Her name’s Catherine.”

“Catelyn,” the girl corrected him and giggled, “Come on Tae, it’s not that hard to remember.”

Taehyung stared at her in mild confusion, as if he tried to remember how he ended up in that situation.

“Are you guys dating?” Victoria asked curiously and looked at them over Seokjin’s shoulder:

Catelyn’s giggling intensified and Taehyung’s confusion also.

“Of course not,” he stated and furrowed his brows, “Are you dating?”

“Also not,” Victoria rolled her eyes and pinched Seokjin’s shoulder, “That idiot here just asked me because his preferred partner’s already taken.”

“What are you talking about?” Seokjin snapped and tightened the grip on her waist, “Bye Taehyung, we’re leaving. Have fun.”

He professionally twirled Victoria away and ridiculously managed to find them face to face with Stephanie and Namjoon.

“Oh, hi guys!” Stephanie greeted them happily, “You really look good together! You’re a great dancer, Seokjin!”

“What’s up?” Namjoon grinned and waved his hand.

“Why is this happening,” Seokjin groaned and tried to twirl Victoria away immediately, “Sorry, it’s way too crowded here. We have to leave.”

“But –“ Stephanie started and Namjoon seemed equally eager to follow them.

“This direction, quick,” Seokjin hissed to Victoria and guided her right to the very end, “Did they manage to catch up? No? Good.”

“You do know you’re acting childish, right?” Victoria asked him and rolled her eyes.

“I’m not,” Seokjin declared and pressed his lips together, “Just don’t want to talk to them right now.”

Victoria sighed and then leaned back in his tight grip.

“Whatever.”




Jungkook was not disappointed, nor was he jealous. Of course not. The sight of Taehyung dancing with a pretty red haired girl just made him feel slightly … offended. Because they were friends. And Taehyung wasn’t talking to him. Right.

“Are you planning on ever dancing with me?” Jean asked on his side and tapped her foot impatiently.

“No,” Jungkook informed her rather brisk and continued watching the purple haired Ravenclaw.

Right at this moment Mark passed by and Jungkook was distracted for a moment because he wasn’t dancing with one of the giggling girls who kept on constantly asking him out, but a black haired guy from Ravenclaw’s Quidditch team Jungkook failed to remember the name. The wide grin on Mark’s face was so untypically for him Jungkook had to double check if this was really him and then he realized Mark really got asked out by that one person he wanted to go to the ball with the most. Somehow, Jungkook felt slightly jealous and his gaze instinctively wandered back to a certain Ravenclaw.

“Humph,” Jean puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms in front of her chest, “This is really mean, you know? I mean, I’m your partner and you asked me out after all.”

“That does not mean I have to dance with you,” Jungkook said and absently took a sip of his drink, “Why don’t you ask some of the boys who don’t have a partner?”

“This is ridiculous!” Jean declared rather angrily, “Why did you even ask me in the first place?!”

“Because –“ Jungkook suddenly paused when Taehyung and that annoying red head were dancing very close to them, “Oh! Come on come on, let’s dance!”

With that he grabbed her hand and quickly dragged her on the dance floor.

“Oh, now you want to?” Jean asked and raised both eyebrows, “You’re acting really weird, you know?”

Jungkook ignored her and skilfully guided her next to the purple haired Ravenclaw.

“Hi Taehyung!” he greeted the other cheerfully and shot a glare at the red head in his arms, “How are you doing? This is really a nice ball, isn’t it?”

Taehyung blinked at him and then, his lips formed a small smile.

“Hi Jungkook,” he said and his gaze wandered to the younger’s hand resting on Jean’s waist, “Um. It is. But uh –“

“You’re Catelyn, right?” Jungkook asked the other’s partner and his eyes shot daggers at her, “You look very tired! Just like Jean! We’re dancing for so long now, it must be really tiring. Why don’t you girls take a quick break?”

Catelyn blinked dumbfounded at him and didn’t seem that willing to let go of Taehyung’s hand while Jean just snorted.

“Oh, I see,” she snapped and grabbed Catelyn’s hand, “Well, we won’t hinder you then anymore. Have fun.”

With that, she angrily strut away, dragging an utterly confused Catelyn behind her.

“What was this about?” Taehyung asked and stared at him.

“Nothing,” Jungkook beamed and quickly took the other’s hand, “So, why don’t we dance then? It would be a shame to not enjoy the ball just because the girls are tired.”

“Oh, sure why not,” Taehyung said and naturally rested his hand on the Gryffindor’s waist.

Jungkook’s mind was immediately clouded with victory screams and his fast beating heart because Taehyung’s hand is on his waist, he is holding Taehyung’s hand and oh my god his face is so close.

“You look kind of weird,” Taehyung informed him and curiously inspected his face.

“Hmm?” Jungkook stared at him and then grinned, “Oh, I’m just very happy.”

And with that, he twirled Taehyung around, making sure to always hold him close. Oh yes, this was the best day ever.




Hoseok should be happy. He really should. He was dancing with Jane Salinger after all, his long-time crush, the prettiest and nicest girl in Hogwarts.

And they were getting along great, laughing and chatting about lots of things while he twirled her around on the dance floor. Jane was just so very perfect, no wonder people called her Miss Flawless.

Hoseok should be so very happy. Still, something felt off. It was weird actually, because Hoseok always dreamed of this. Spending one entire evening with Jane Salinger, holding her close, having her attention only on him. This was just what he wanted.

“Do you want something to drink?” he asked her when they took a break from dancing and caught their breath, “Look, they even have gillywater and cherry syrup!”

“Oh, great idea,” Jane smiled and reached out for a glass of gillywater, “They should offer this more often, I love gillywater!”

“You do?” Hoseok grinned and took a glass of cherry syrup, “Well, you could always ask Professor McGonagall to set this on the menu.”

“Sure,” Jane laughed and took a sip of her drink, “She’s definitely going to do this just because of me.”

Hoseok grinned and was about to say something when suddenly, a loud call interrupted them.

“Ladies and Gentleman!” Jackson yelled from a stage on the end of the hall, “Now, I will present you Hogwarts’ very own Wizards Dance Club! Please applaud for them!”

The students started cheering and clapping and Hoseok forgot Jane momentarily because of the sight of the students now stepping on the stage. One guy with almost white hair caught his attention and Hoseok needed a moment to remember that Xero told him he was performing. Oh, right.

“Go Xero!” some small Hufflepuffs next to him started cheering and Hoseok grinned before clapping.

Suddenly, he saw Xero’s eyes quickly meeting his and Hoseok blinked rapidly, but before he was able to properly react the music started playing.

“Oh, look,” Jane blinked and pointed at something above them, “A mistletoe!”

Hoseok wasn’t even listening. All he could see was the dancers on stage because seriously, they were killing it. The fluidity and synchronisation of their moves were no joke and in an instant, the whole student body was clapping while the dancers on stage moved to a quick dubstep song.

“WOOOOH GO XERO!” the Hufflepuffs yelled again and this time, Hoseok joined.

“GO XERO!” he cheered loudly and clapped his hands, just when Xero looked up again, a grin playing his lips while his expression looked focused and fierce.

He was really really good. Hoseok couldn’t look away, not even when Jane was tugging on his sleeve.

“Hoseok, look, a mistletoe,” she repeated a bit impatiently.

“Shh!” Hoseok hissed and Jane seemed rather taken aback.

But seriously, Hoseok couldn’t care less right now.




Jimin was just about to get another drink for himself and his partner after the dance performance ended, when he managed to trip over his robes and bumped into someone’s back. Oh.

“I’m sorry!” he said and quickly bowed, “I’m really sorry!”

The student turned around and Jimin’s stomach dropped when he was confronted with reddish hair and snow white skin. Shoot, this had to happen to him.

“Min Yoongi!” Jimin squeaked and immediately blushed.

“Oh, hi Jimin,” Yoongi smiled at him as if they were close friends, “What’s up? Enjoying yourself?”

He was so nice. Jimin felt himself blushing even deeper.

“Y-yeah well you see,” he stammered and pointed at his partner, “This is Luna. We’re here – together – I mean, we’re not a couple –“

Luna rolled her eyes and then smiled while shaking Yoongi’s hand. “Nice to meet you. So, you’re Jimin’s friend?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi said as if this was nothing and Jimin’s heart beat wasn’t instantly increasing drastically, “Aren’t you a sixth year?”

“Actually yes,” Luna nodded, “Hoseok kinda forced me to go on this ball with Jimin here.”

“Hey!” the younger protested but Luna laughed and pinched his cheek.

“Hi Luna,” a blonde girl greeted her, appearing by Yoongi’s side and gripping on his sleeve, “Hi Jimin.”

Jimin was planning on being offended by the way he was so casually touching Yoongi but something else confused him way more.

“You k-know my name?” he asked and tilted his head.

“Oh, all Slytherins do!” a cackling boy literally appeared out of nowhere and grinned at him, “You’re Yoongi’s little cru-“

“Get lost Himchan,” Yoongi snapped and shoved him away.

The blonde Slytherin disappeared still cackling with his partner and Yoongi seemed rather annoyed now.

“So,” Luna interrupted the rather awkward silence afterwards, “Weren’t you about to get us drinks, Jimin?”

“Ah, i-indeed,” Jimin stuttered and instinctively bowed in Yoongi’s direction, “Bye, hyung.”

“Hyung…?” Luna repeated and furrowed her brows.

But Yoongi only laughed.

“Bye, jagi.”

Jimin almost fell over his feet while dashing away.




Seokjin was annoyed. Mostly at himself, because it kind of was his fault he couldn’t really enjoy that ball well. But also at Namjoon and Stephanie, who managed to always show up somewhere close to him. Seokjin felt ridiculously exhausted by simply escaping them.

“You know,” Victoria panted behind him after she had just followed him across the hall, “Would it really hurt to talk to them? I know you’re heartbroken because Namjoon’s not your partner after you guys had that date –“

“I am not heartbroken,” Seokjin hissed, “I couldn’t care less about him actually. He’s dating Stephanie, isn’t he?”

“You sound uber jealous right now,” Victoria informed him and rolled her eyes, “Can’t we take a quick break from all the running away? Look, there are the others, let’s sit down with them!”

Seokjin grumbled something about not jealous but followed her to one of the long tables where the other Ravenclaws were sitting. Junhong was on one end of the table, chatting and laughing with Hufflepuff’s beater Bang Yongguk (something inside Seokjin was screaming betrayal but he decided to ignore it) and Youngjae was engaged in a conversation with his so called best friend  Daehyun from Gryffindor, both sitting suspiciously close with Daehyun’s hand comfortably resting on the Ravenclaw’s thigh.

“Yo Seokjin!” Hyosang spotted them and waved, “Come on mate, sit here!”

Seokjin quickly wondered how Hyosang even managed to find a partner, the girl sitting next to him looking as if she was thinking the same thing, before sitting down next to him and offering Victoria the other seat.

“What are you doing?” he asked and eyed their mugs, “Are you drinking alcohol?”

“Noooooo,” Hyosang waved his arms and laughed loudly, “We’re all super sober!”

Right at this moment Youngjae leaned in as if to kiss Daehyun on the lips but stopped only centimetres away from his face and laughed, cupping the other's cheeks right in front of everyone, something he definitely wouldn’t do in a sober state.

“Okay,” Seokjin snorted and rolled his eyes, “I let it slip this time, but only because it’s Christmas. You really aren’t supposed to drink at your age!”

“Thank you!” Hyosang declared and wrapped his arms around the prefect’s neck, “You’re really my best friend forever!”

He dramatically sobbed in Seokjin’s neck and the prefect felt like leaving this table right there and then.

“Alert,” Victoria suddenly nudged his back, “Stephanie and Namjoon are coming over – they probably want to sit with us, so if you plan on escaping again you better should now –“

In an instant Seokjin jumped up.

“I have to go!” he announced loudly, “Have a fun evening!”

“Bye Seokjinnnnie,” Hyosang grinned and waved while Youngjae was still busy with Daehyun and Junhong didn’t even look up from his conversation with Yongguk.

Seokjin ignored Stephanie calling out for him and dashed away in the direction of the exit, wanting nothing but to leave. It was late and after a whole evening of escaping them his mind and body were both utterly exhausted. Seokjin wanted nothing but to lie down on his bed and sleep.

The corridors were mostly empty, a few couple sitting here and there on a bench, giggling and kissing and Seokjin shot daggers at every single one of them.

“Hey! Wait!”

Seokjin cringed and quickened his steps. This couldn’t be true.

“Hey!”

A strong grip on his arm made him turn around and Seokjin found himself face to face with a furious looking Namjoon.

“I said wait!” the Gryffindor panted heavily, “Why are you running away?”

“Hmm?” Seokjin played it cool, “What is your problem? Did you lose Stephanie or something?”

“Stop this!” Namjoon seemed really mad right now and Seokjin instinctively took a step back, “You know what I’m talking about! The whole evening you’re running away whenever Stephanie and I show up! Why?”

“Why not?” Seokjin snapped back, “It’s not like I’m obligated to talk to you, am I?!”

“No but,” Namjoon seemed a bit taken aback, “Are you … mad at me or something? I thought, after Hogsmeade we’re –“

“You thought after Hogsmeade we’re what?” Seokjin hissed and took another step back, his back hitting the wall behind him, “You asked me out on a date but you meant it as a simple hanging out between friends, didn’t you? After all you’re dating Stephanie –“

“That’s not –“ Namjoon paused and tilted his head, “Wait a second – what did you thought it was then?”

“Um, you asked me to go on a date with you, if I’m recalling correctly,” Seokjin said and crossed his arms in front of his chest, “I mean, of course I wasn’t so stupid to think you really want to go on a date with me but it’s not like I’m throwing a party because you acted like nothing ever happened afterwards and just go with Stephanie to that ball –“

Namjoon just stared at him and his voice sounded kind of shaky when he spoke again. “You wanted me to ask – you? You wanted me to be your partner?”

“So what!” Seokjin hissed and felt like slapping the other.

“Why didn’t you say something..?” Namjoon asked and his voice went quiet, “Why didn’t you just ask me if I go on that ball with you?”

“Because,” Seokjin narrowed his eyes, “Would you really ditch Stephanie to go on some ball with me?!”

Namjoon paused and suddenly, he took a step closer, palms pressed against the wall next to Seokjin’s head.

“Yes,” he said slowly, “Yes, I actually would.”

Seokjin blinked rapidly and stared at him, mind trying hard to process what the other just said when Namjoon suddenly leaned in.

It was a simple brush of lips, chaste and soft and it made Seokjin’s heart race. He gasped, staring up at Namjoon’s eyes and their gazes locked before the other leaned in again.

This time he put more pressure into the kiss, their lips sliding against each other’s, fresh yet perfectly fitting, and Seokjin instinctively curled on hand in the younger’s robes. Namjoon hummed and bit down on his lower lip, drawing another gasp from him and then their tongues collided. It felt like someone was putting a weird spell on Seokjin in which his knees became wobbly and his stomach felt very weird and his palms got kind of sweaty and all this because of a fifth year kissing him, because of the way their lips slid against each other’s and their tongues touched ever so often.

Seokjin forgot how to breathe somewhere in between, forgot what time it was and how he was actually kissing a Gryffindor in the middle of the corridor. All that counted were Namjoon’s lips and how he wished this moment never ended.
 


 

What are NamJin doing!?!?! What is everyone doing in this fic?!?!?! What happened to the smart and disciplined Ravenclaws?!?! Why is Jungkook such an idiot?!?!? I have no answers anymore >< This story, I swear …

Anyways - I hope you guys enjoyed the double update ^.^ I can’t wait to read your comments and I promise I’ll reply to all of them :)

xxx