Too Very So Much

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"I’m all ready now, I’m carefully following you from behind What should I say? I think hard."

MYNAME - Too Very So Much

 


“Taehyung!”

Jimin slumped down next to his friend, heavily breathing and his hair tousled as if he just woke up, which was probably true.

“Did you hear it?”

“Did I hear what?” Taehyung poked his spoon in his milk pudding.

Jimin opened his mouth, but then paused to grab a plate with cauldron cake. “Awesome! The cake’s always already eaten when I reach our table.”

“Hufflepuff,” Seokjin stated dryly, sitting on the other side of the table with Stephanie on his left and Hyosang on his right.

“It’s not like people at our house eat the most though,” Jimin puffed his cheeks and seemed a bit offended.

“Yeah, Daehyun’s in Gryffindor after all,” Youngjae said and rolled his eyes, "Not like our house is any better though ..."  With that he reached out and took the whole plate of treacle tart out of Jaebum's hold. 

"Sorry mate," Jaebum laughed and slung an arm around his shoulders. 

Taehyung leaned his timetable against his mug and tried to remember which day of the week it was.

“I heard Professor McGonagall is going to announce it today,” Hyosang said and crumbled a roll in his hands, “You know, important news.”

“That’s just what I wanted to tell you!” Jimin almost choked on his pumpkin juice in excitement, “Hoseok told me today –“

“Students!”

Right at this moment Professor McGonagall rose at the teacher’s table.

“There are only a few weeks left until your winter break!” she announced with a loud voice, “So, this year just like last year, there will be a Christmas ball right before the break.”

“Oh my god did she really just say that?” Stephanie squeaked, “Last year’s ball was the best. I’m so excited!”

Seokjin hushed her with a finger on his lips.

“Remember, you have to be at least a fourth year to attend,” Professor McGonagall continued, “This year, the prefects as well as the head boy and the head girl will open the ball with their partners.”

“What?” Seokjin now raised both eyebrows, “Open the ball? Where did she even get that idea..?”

“I hope you’re all excited for it,” Professor McGonagall ended her little speech, “So, please continue with breakfast.”

Just when she sat down, the whole student body erupted into loud chatters.

“Christmas ball? Christmas ball?” Stephanie continued squealing and grabbed the hands of her friend Victoria, “I cannot believe it!”

“I don’t even know if I want to attend,” Junhong announced loudly, “After all, this means I have to ask out a girl. Ugh.”

“We’re living in the 21st century,” Youngjae shrugged, “You can ask out a boy as well.”

Junhong blushed for a mere second, but then managed to keep on a straight face. “That’s not the point. I don’t want to ask anyone out period.”

“Why the hell do the prefects have to open the ball?” Seokjin complained to no one in particular, “I mean, why the prefects? This is just annoying, I don’t want to dance with some random girl in front of the whole school.”

“Does that mean you can’t dance?” Stephanie giggled.

“Ha ha,” Seokjin rolled his eyes, “No need to be like this, who are you going to ask to open the ball with you?”

“Well, of course Namjoon,” Stephanie shrugged.

“Oh,” Seokjin blinked and rapidly took another serving of porridge.

“Hmm?” Stephanie smirked at him, “You seem a bit … disappointed?”

“What? No I don’t?” Seokjin snapped, “Victoria? Go on that ball with me!”

“Um,” Victoria furrowed her brows, “Ok..?”

“Alright then,” Seokjin nodded pleased and mixed honey in his porridge, “It’s not like I, the great Kim Seokjin, can’t find a partner. Why should I be disappointed?”

Stephanie rolled her eyes behind his back and exchanged a glance with Victoria who only shrugged and then grinned.

“Sure Seokjin, whatever helps you sleep at night.”




“U-um would y-you mind to go to the b-ball with me?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes and paused. Mark next to him on the other hand stared at the blonde girl who just asked him out with red ears and wide eyes.

“I, uh, do I know you..?”

“No but,” the girl bit her lower lip, “I always admired you … you’re so good looking and brave …”

Mark? Brave? Jungkook snorted and stared at his watch. He met up with Mark in the hallways, the older waving shyly and then accompanying him, Jungkook on the way to Care of Magical Creatures, Mark on the way to who knows. But somehow, this turned into Mark getting asked out every minute by another girl.

It was almost ridiculous, Mark was probably even shyer than those girls who asked him out (from close to fainting first years to apparently very confident seventh years everyone seemed to give it a try) but somehow, he managed to refuse all of their invitations.

“I-I’m sorry,” Mark stammered without facing the blonde girl, “I don’t … I’m sorry!”

Then he quickly hurried to catch up with Jungkook.

“Why don’t you just accept one?” the younger asked half curiously, half annoyed, “I mean, this would end all of them running up to you.”

“Um,” Mark winced and seemed very uncomfortable with the topic, “I’m … I’mwaiting.”

“You’re what?” Jungkook frowned and stepped behind him out of the castle on the green hills.

“I’m waiting,” Mark bit his lower lip.

“For someone to ask you?” Jungkook puffed his cheeks, “You have someone … special?”

“Not special,” Mark said quickly, “There’s just, you know, this one person I’d like to go to the ball with the most.”

Jungkook was about to say something but the view of his class in front of him with a significant purple head distracted him.

“I have to go,” he said and absentmindedly patted Mark’s back, “See you at lunch.”

Jungkook didn’t even catch Mark’s reply while running down the last metres to Hagrid’s hut and almost crashing his partner.

“Hey!” Jungkook beamed and caressed Cracker’s neck, “How are you?”

Taehyung only blinked and turned a page in his book. “There’s a bur in Cracker’s fur.”

“I’ll fix it,” Jungkook smiled and slowly ran his fingers over the kneazle’s back, “He’s not hurt though, is he?”

“He’s alright,” Taehyung said, “I came down to play with him yesterday. You said you want us to meet with the kneazle every day. You didn’t come.”

“Ah I’m sorry,” Jungkook scratched his neck, “I had Quidditch training until late night.”

Taehyung hummed and suddenly, he leaned over.

“The bur is here,” he said and ran his fingers through Cracker’s fur.

There was absolutely nothing romantic about this situation. They were searching a kneazle’s fur for a bur. Nothing. Romantic. At. All.

Still. Jungkook’s heart beat was suddenly drastically increasing, he was totally aware of Taehyung’s head being only centimetres away from his and their fingers brushing.

Then, to make this situation even more ridiculous, there was Mark’s voice running through his mind. There’s just this one person I’d like to go to the ball with the most.

“Um,” Jungkook cleared his throat, “Taehyung, do you –“

“Got it!” the purple haired said and showed the bur in his hands, “Now Cracker doesn’t have to suffer anymore!”

“Ah, sure,” Jungkook mumbled and patted Cracker’s head.

He debated whether or not to just ask because seriously, there was definitely this one person he wanted to go to the ball with the most and this was Kim Taehyung. And right now was probably the perfect moment to ask him.

“Do you want to go to the ball with me?” Jungkook blurted out, surprised by his own courage.

Silence.

Then there was a silent reply. “Um yes, ok.”

But, this wasn’t Taehyung’s voice.

Jungkook blinked rapidly and stared at the tiny girl with long brown hair in front of him who literally appeared out of nowhere.

“What?”

“I want to go to the ball with you,” the girl said and tilted her head, “I mean you asked me, right?”

“… right,” Jungkook cleared his throat, “Glad you, err accepted.”

Where was Taehyung? Why did he have to vanish like at this exact moment?

“Are you searching for someone?” the girl asked rather brisk, “Your partner’s talking with Hagrid about a … bur over there.”

Jungkook groaned and gripped on Cracker’s neck tighter than appropriate, which earned him a scratch.

“Ouch!”

The girl shot him one last look before going back to her Ravenclaw friends. What was she even doing here?

“Did Jean get the brush?” Taehyung plopped up on his other side.

“Who? What?” Jungkook blinked and instinctively took a step away from the other.

“Jean,” Taehyung stared at him as if he was a bit slow minded, “She asked me if she can use our brush for a second. Didn’t you talk to her just now?”

“Oh,” Jungkook sighed and caressed Cracker’s back as an apology, “I kinda asked her out to go to the ball with me …”

Taehyung didn’t reply for a second, scanning through his book pages again.

“So?” he asked then, “Did she accept?”

“Yeah well she did,” Jungkook felt a bit uncomfortable, gaze glued on Cracker in his arms, “Do you, um, have a date for the ball yet?”

“I got asked on my way to class,” Taehyung said slowly, “I wasn’t agreeing first … but I guess I should.”

And with that, he looked up with his eyes meeting Jungkook’s. Was he imagining things right now? Was there somehow a little bit of … disappointment in his look?

Jungkook didn’t know what to say. Maybe, this was his chance to blurt some nonsense like I actually wanted to invite you to the ball, I think your smile is beautiful, I wish you would pay more attention to me.

But then Taehyung shrugged and focused back on his book, the moment was over and Jungkook was about to rip his hair out.

It was surely meant to be difficult – his crush on Taehyung.
 



The Yule Ball is translated the Christmas Ball in the German version of GOB. I didn't notice first, since the ball mentioned was indeed supposed to be a sort of continuation of the Yule Ball, but decided not to change it in the end because it sounds cute. 

I do hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and are excited for what's about to come next :)

xxx