House Of Cards

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"A house made of cards, and us inside. Even if you say you see the end, even if you say it’ll collapse soon. Even if you say it’s a useless dream, just stay a little more like this"

BTS - House Of Cards 

 

 

 

“This,” Hoseok said and paused, swallowing hard, “Is the moment we all die.”

“Hoseok, shut the up,” Namjoon snapped.

“No I’m serious, in front of us is a dragon –”

“We can ing see there is a dragon,” Seokjin hissed. His eyes were wide and breathing frantic, while he slowly took a careful step backwards, arms outstretched to shield Stephanie behind him, “Now, stay quiet will you!”

Stephanie whimpered and gripped tightly on the prefect’s robes, her other hand in Namjoon’s safe hold. Xero was right behind them, jaw dropped and cursing quietly.

The dragon didn’t notice them yet. It was huge, enormous, all rolled up at the end of the Chamber of Secrets, that felt nearly as huge as the great hall. Something, most probably the dragon, seemed to have gone on rampage in there, as something that looked eerily like a massive stone statue of a hard faced wizard, was broken into million pieces. The only thing left was its huge head, severally damaged, and turned to the side, with its big eyes staring right at them.

Hoseok bit down on his fist but couldn’t quite supress his whimpers.

“Do you see its mouth?” he asked with a high pitched voice, “Do you see the statue’s mouth? It looks like something huge could fit in there.”

“Something like a basilisk maybe?” Namjoon nodded and narrowed his eyes, “Yeah, this could be were the monster hid all this time. Luckily it’s dead now.” He pointed at the large skeleton at the other end of the chamber, not much left but shimmering snake skin and a few long, dangerous looking teeth attached to an enormous head.

“Guys, this is rather not the point right now,” Stephanie piped up, “There is a dragon, a real dragon – right in front of us! It may be sleeping, but the second it awakes we’re dead meat!”

“Is it even alive?” Xero asked from his safe spot behind everyone, “Look, can you see it breathing or something?”

They all stared at the huge liondragon that was still rolled up right next to the statue’s head. It definitely looked dangerous, if not murderous, with it scarlet red scales, the sharp golden spikes around its snout and extremely protuberant eyes that were currently closed. They didn’t dare to imagine what it looked like with its eyes opened.

“I see breathing,” Stephanie whispered then and her grip on Seokjin’s robes tightened, “It’s only asleep, definitely. Since there’s no other danger, we should just hurry to get out of here, inform the teachers while we’re at it and get ourselves at safe distance!”

Hoseok nodded vigorously and took a step back behind Namjoon. “Yes Seokjin, I clearly see no suspicious person around here besides this ing huge dragon, and saving ourselves seems way more appealing than fighting this monster!”

“I never said I wanted to fight it!” Seokjin retreated and narrowed his eyes, “This is all pretty strange to be honest. I was so sure whoever is behind this would at least guard the dragon, since it’s supposed to be – a weapon? I’m not even sure anymore, this dragon doesn’t look much dangerous, don’t you think?”

“What are you talking about, it’s a ing dragon, a breathing killing machine!”

 “I’m just thinking,” Seokjin whispered and gestured them to take another couple of steps back, “If you let a dragon loose on the school – what could possibly happen? It goes on rampage, it destroys a few things, maybe hurts some extremely unlucky students, but that’s mostly it. There are teachers, I don’t think they can’t handle a single dragon by themselves.”

Namjoon nodded slowly. “I see – so you’re thinking –“

“Guys,” Hoseok stopped them with a very tight grip around Namjoon’s neck, “Guys, I don’t think this is the right moment –“

“What now?” Seokjin hissed and turned his head.

Hoseok’s face was as pale as snow as he frantically shook his head, pointing in front of them. “The dragon – the, uh dragon –”

Seokjin turned around and froze almost immediately, staring at the spot where the dragon lied next to the statue’s head. The dragon stared right back at him.




“—of course it’s weird, what with all the things happening,” Yoongi’s voice cracked as he held his side while rapidly breathing, “And the white hair, why didn’t I realise it sooner? Caroline was all around me, and I was idiotic enough not to notice anything off.”

“Yoongi, what are you talking about?” Jimin sounded really worried and reached out to hold onto the prefect’s robes, “Is something not right with Caroline?”

“With Caroline? This not about her but –” Yoongi stopped right at the end of the corridor, arms outstretched to stop the fourth-years behind him, “Wait, this isn’t right – we’re going in the wrong direction.”

“How do you know?” Jungkook asked and crossed his arms, “Okay, I’m going to admit it now – everything here is definitely fishy as hell, what with the fact this is a hospital and not one living being actually wanders the corridors, but the most suspicious thing is definitely you, Min Yoongi! I want you to tell us what the hell is going on here, before we follow any more of your weird instructions!”

“This would take too long,” Yoongi muttered and took out his wand, “Point Me Prefect.”

“Is this a legit spell?” Jungkook asked in disbelief.

“Seokjin invented it,” Yoongi explained and followed the wands tip to his right, “She’s close. I can’t explain you all the circumstances right now, just be aware that there is probably someone very dangerous with Caroline right now.”

Jimin instinctively moved backwards and hid himself behind Taehyung. “How dangerous exactly?”

Yoongi gave him a look and furrowed his brows. “I’m not sure – I keep wondering, why would someone intentionally do all these things – but then it might be someone as deep in dark magic as a former Death Eater –”

Jungkook took a sharp breath and Jimin paled drastically. “You’re kidding, right?”

Yoongi’s face darkened. “I wish I would. Kids, stay behind me. I’d rather have you leaving, but since you’re not going to, promise me, promise me, if I say run, you run!”

“Sure thing,” Jungkook muttered and grabbed Taehyung’s hand.

Yoongi shook his head. “You don’t understand – if I say run, you run. If I say get out of here and back to Hogwarts, you do as I say so. If I say go and run away without me, you go and runaway without me!”

Jimin’s eyes widened and he hesitantly reached out to hold onto Yoongi’s sleeve. “No – it won’t come to this, will it?”

“Promise me!” Yoongi repeated, and his voice was stern.

“Promise,” Jungkook said and Taehyung nodded next to him, eyebrows furrowed and face uncharacteristically focused and serious.

“Jimin?”

“You can’t expect this from me,” Jimin protested, “Leaving you behind – you can’t be serious, Yoongi –“

“Jimin?” Yoongi furrowed his brows.

Jimin swallowed hard, and dodged Taehyung’s jab in his side. He pressed a palm over his eyes and slowly shook his head. “I hate you. Yes, I promise Yoongi, but –”

Yoongi shook his head and turned around, a finger pressed on his lips. He pointed his wand lightly at the door in front of them and mumbled “Alohomora”.




The dragon wasn’t asleep anymore. Instead, it had both of its blood red eyes opened and its head raised. The dragon remained still, almost frozen, its protuberant eyes staring at them, while a dangerously low growl left its snout, and Seokjin knew the only reason it didn’t attack them yet was the fact their sudden appearance must have taken it by surprise. There was no doubt it seemed to quickly get over that though, and Seokjin took one, and then another careful step backwards. Their only rescue seemed to be the exit of the chamber, as the dragon was clearly not able to get through the small door with its enormous body. The question was, will they be able to reach the exit before the dragon roasts every single one of them, since Seokjin was not too keen on ending as dragon snacks anytime soon.  

“Quiet,” he ordered with a harsh whisper, “Just stay quiet – we will go back, out of the chamber, get help, get teachers, if you only stay quiet right now –“

The only problem was the fact there was Jung Hoseok amongst them, and Seokjin took one look at his panic-stricken face to realise there was no avail.

“ING RUN!” Hoseok yelled right on spot and stumbled backwards, leaving them all in a stunned daze, “IT’S GOING TO KILL US! RUN!”

The dragon left them no time to get over it though, lifting its gigantic head while it opened its snout, a very low, very loud growl emitting from it. Seokjin felt his hair standing on end and swiftly turned in the opposite direction, shoving Namjoon forward and grabbing Xero’s collar.

“DON’T ING FREEZE, RUN RUN RUN!”

Hoseok was in the lead, screaming like a maniac, and Stephanie followed him half crying, half cursing. Seokjin came right behind, his hand still around Xero’s collar even though the Hufflepuff almost ran past him. Namjoon was on his other side, pointing his wand behind his back “Incarceous!” which did absolutely nothing, as the ropes flew past the dragon and didn’t manage to wind along its smooth scales.

The dragon roared loudly and a large, mushroom-shaped flamed zoomed right past them.

“Great, now it’s really angry!” Seokjin shouted.

“Well, do you’ve got a better idea?” Namjoon shouted back, “, if we don’t get out of here real quick this beast will roast all of us!”

“You don’t say Namjoon!” Seokjin hissed and grabbed Xero’s arm, “Other direction, blind ! Namjoon, you better not pull any more stunts or I swear I’m going –”

“WATCH OUT!” Stephanie pushed them backwards and lifted her wand, “Protego!

Her shield charm was so strong it made all of them stumble a few steps backwards, but it almost wasn’t strong enough to block all of the flames the dragon breathed at them. Seokjin felt a wave of heat passing him and instinctively held his breath, pushing Xero behind him.

“You idiots, now is not the right moment to fight!” Stephanie yelled at them with the intimidating background of the dragon roaring at them, standing at its hind legs with his wings spread as far as possible, “Run!”




The hospital room was illuminated in faint light from a bedside lamp on the right of a clean white bed. Caroline was an unmoving person, unbearably small in the huge bed. She lay on her side, eyes closed and soft blond hair framing her face delicately. She looked both times peaceful and vulnerable. To her feet lay her white cat Merlin, curled up and just as peaceful as its owner. It was completely and eerily quiet inside the room, and there was nothing calming about the peaceful atmosphere.

Yoongi quietly closed the door behind them, and it was right when Caroline moved below her blanket to slowly sit up. For a second, she only stared at them, eyes and expression completely blank. Then, her lips curled.

“Min Yoongi?” she said with a very small, very straight smile, “What are you doing here?”

Yoongi didn’t reply, just stared at her. He pressed his lips together and his hand slowly moved down to close around his wand. Caroline just stared back, her eyes big and glassy.

“Caroline?” Jimin whispered hesitantly from behind Yoongi’s back, “Are you alright?”

He was about to take a step forward but Yoongi’s quick hold around his wrist stopped him.

“Don’t move,” Yoongi hissed and stepped right in front of him, “Don’t ing move.”

“What’s the matter Yoongi?” Jungkook spoke up from his other side, “It’s just Caroline – she’s alright, isn’t she? Everything is alright, everything is good,” Jungkook paused and felt his voice slightly shaking, “It’s just Caroline and her cat, isn’t it?”

“Yes, Min Yoongi,” Caroline said, and her voice was ice cold and mechanic, “It’s just my cat and I, isn’t it? What’s the problem?”

Taehyung took a sharp breathe as Jungkook’s hand curled tightly around his, pulling him backwards to shield him from the possible danger inside the room. Jimin whimpered quietly and felt a shiver running down his spine.

“ this,” Yoongi growled lowly and raised his wand, “Stop this bull – you’re not fooling us any longer, so quit this masquerade already!”

“What are you talking about?” Caroline laughed mechanically, but Yoongi’s wand wasn’t pointed at her.

Instead, his gaze was sternly directed at her cat, eyes narrowed and an absolute hostile expression on his face.

A second passed, and then another, before Merlin lifted its head and slowly opened his deep green eyes. Jimin held his breath and took another step back, hand gripping tightly on Taehyung’s sleeve. Yoongi pressed his lips together and extended his arms to shield the youngster behind him.

They all held their breath, unable to avert their eyes as they watched the cat slowly transforming into something bigger, its outlines blurring and clearing again, until they were face to face with someone that definitely was not a cat.




Seokjin grabbed Xero’s collar, who was again off in the complete wrong direction, and gave Hoseok a good kick in the back to get him on the right way and not straight down the luminous green lake on each side of the shattered statue.

The dragon roared loudly behind them, and Seokjin felt his back uncomfortably warm when another flame zoomed past them. He winced in pain and cringed at the smell of burnt hair, even though a second look clarified it was Hoseok whose eyebrows and back of his hair singed because of the heat.

“Oh my god!” Hoseok screeched, “My hair is burning! I am burning! I’m dying!”

Aguamenti!” Namjoon yelled and a jet of clear water shot right past Hoseok and hit the dragon smack in the face, “Oh. .”

Seokjin jumped and almost toppled over Xero in an attempt to escape the next set of flames aimed in their direction. “Can you ing stop that already?”

He quickly pushed them into a different direction, because the dragon was right in the way of them and the exit, and it was only when they safely hid behind one of the huge pillars they were able to catch their breath for a second. Hoseok was the last one to hide behind the pillar, escaping the flames with an adventurous jump that promptly made him land onto Xero.

Xero hissed and shoved him off. “This is neither going back nor forth! You need to distract this thing, otherwise we won’t ever make it to the exit! I need time to unlock the door!”

“Yeah but how do you distract a ing huge dragon?” Seokjin snapped, “I call bull. We need a real strategy! We’re skilled wizards – more or less – three prefects, three smart students that passed their OWLs, one Gryffindor with apparently outstanding grades, plus a Hufflepuff with questionable skills but parselmouth blood. We won’t back off a lousy dragon!”

“Your speech would be way more convincing if said lousy dragon isn’t trying to roast us the same time,” Namjoon noted and flicked his wand, “Protego!

Another wave of flames hit the wall his shield charm created and made their toes curl.

“Well, then come up with a strategy quick, Seokjin!” Stephanie shouted, “This dragon surely doesn’t look patient to me!”

“Let me think,” Seokjin hissed and pressed a palm on his temples, “Let me think … I read about the Triwizard Tournament … what did the champion do to distract the dragon … wasn’t it something with brooms –“

“We do not have any brooms here, Seokjin!” Stephanie cried out, “Protego! Merlin, does this beast never get tired?”

“Why the hassle, I suggest using Hoseok as a distraction while we run off, should work just fine!” Xero remarked.

“Hey!” Hoseok protested.

“A dog!” Seokjin snapped his fingers, “That’s what it was – Cedric Diggory, Hufflepuff’s champion, transformed a rock into a dog! This could actually work, there are way enough rocks lying around here, we transform something into an animal and distract the dragon that way and –“

“Seokjin what the I can’t transform a rock into an animal!” Hoseok screeched, “I at Transfiguration, I barely got an A in my OWLs! Professor McGonagall was like ‘In your dreams Mr. Jung’ when I tried to show up for her class!”

“Well, then out of the way,” Namjoon pulled him back by his collar, “Make yourself useful and at least protect Xero.”

“Wait, I do not need protection from him –”

Protego!” Stephanie yelled and created another shield charm between them and the dragon, “Seokjin, Namjoon, now!”

Namjoon grabbed Seokjin’s hand and pulled him forward. “A dog? You’re sure this is going to work?”

Seokjin gave him a look. “Well, if you got another idea to save our lives, now’s the time.”




“W-who are you?” Jimin stammered and took another safe step backwards, “Why – who – what have you done to Caroline?”

Yoongi shook his head and shielded the youngsters with his arms. “Quiet.”

Seconds ago a fluffy white cat, there was now a man with sandy blonde hair standing at the end of Caroline’s bed. The man was apparently in his mid-thirties, sporting a simple long sleeved shirt and black rimmed glasses. He looked calm, almost gentle, if it wasn’t for the glint in his eyes that promised no good.

Yoongi immediately clenched his fist around his wand, but instead of attacking them, or Caroline, the man, Merlin, gave them one long look and sighed.

“So, you finally came, Yoongi? I knew, you prefect kids can’t sit still for even a second. Always poking your nose into business it doesn’t belong,” Merlin paused and shrugged, “Well, can’t help it. There are always sacrifices that need to be done.”

Jimin exchanged a very worried look with Taehyung, who shrugged in return but shuffled closer to his friend. Jungkook pressed his lips together and hissed.

“I was actually surprised you didn’t catch on sooner,” Merlin continued and slowly walked in a circle around Caroline’s bed, “Slytherin’s prefect, supposedly blessed with astuteness and brilliancy – I admit, I was sceptical, after I managed to persuade this fatuous girl this easily.”

“Don’t talk about Caroline like that,” Yoongi snapped.

“Why not?” Merlin gave him a slightly amused look, “I think anyone would be disappointed in the way both Slytherin’s prefects were fooled so easily. I admit, the fact I, powerful wizard that I am, hid in the disguise of a mere cat, is surely astonishing and unexpected. But not even realising your own partner was controlled by the Imperius curse over the whole year, turning a blind eye on all the events that happened right around you – I guess I overestimated you, Min Yoongi. There was nothing I had to worry from someone like you.”

Yoongi clenched his teeth and felt something heavy dropping in his stomach, even though he knew quite too well this wasn’t the right moment to feel overwhelmed with guilt.

“We may caught on late, but definitely not too late,” he retreated and lifted his wand, pointing it right at Merlin’s head, “I won’t allow you to harm Caroline any longer. Also, whatever plans you had with this dragon inside the Chamber of Secrets – we already sussed it anyway. Right at this moment, the other prefects made their way inside the chamber to stop the monster you stored in there for whatever reasons. I don’t doubt they will succeed, so hate it to break it, but your plans will fail either way.”

“You found out about the chamber?” Merlin seemed impressed now, “I admit, I was suspicious when I met Hufflepuff’s prefect inside the bathroom, but I didn’t expect you kids to find out about the dragon. Well, so it be – my plans will succeed anyway.”

Before anyone could react, Merlin snipped his wand: “Incarcerous!”, conjuring thick ropes that immediately wound themselves around their bodies, completely binding them and leaving them with absolutely no way to move. With another flick, their wands came flying out of their hands and into Merlin’s hold, who stared at them in a short moment of wonder, before shrugging and tucking them away in his pocket.

“Good, so what now,” Merlin hummed and tipped his wand on his chin, comfortably sitting down on the end of Caroline’s bed, “I need to get back to Hogwarts soon – not too soon, since the teachers know I’m supposed to be with this stupid girl right now. I could smuggle myself back inside the castle, but damn these new protective enchantments. Maybe I could use you kids? Ever experienced the Imperius curse first hand?”

“ you,” Yoongi hissed, “Whatever your plans are, you won’t get through with them anyway. Letting a dragon loose on the student body to destroy Hogwarts? Who the cares about that? The teachers will end this in seconds!”

Merlin stopped in mid-walk and gave them a look through narrowed eyes, before he suddenly started laughing, holding his stomach while brushing strands of his hair back.

“Oh my god, are you kids even for real? Do you really think I want to let a dragon loose on the student body?” Merlin snorted, “What would be the good of it? Hogwarts needs to be destroyed, completely!”

Merlin tilted his head, and his face visibly darkened, expression turning into something that was nothing like the calm man they encountered just minutes ago. He started walking again, lips pressed together in a small line, eyes glinting with something that was nothing but pure madness.

“This school is the root of all evil – Professor McGonagall and all the teachers, brainwashing you kids with their mud blood and muggle loving ideas. The magic world cannot be saved if teachers like these are still in control of our children. You kids don’t know how things were back in 1997. Yes, one may argue Lord Voldemort was not completely in right with his ideas for our society and future, but the way he made Pius Thicknesse lead the Ministry of Magic was without any doubt superior to anything before – and definitely to the current circumstances! The Ministry of Magic is on a losing path right now, and you know why? Because of Hogwarts! Hogwarts is at fault for anything wrong in our society and it needs people to finally act on it, ridding it of its flaws and bringing it back to its old might and glory!”

With every sentence, Merlin snipped his wand, creating red and golden sparks dancing across the room. Caroline stared numbly as the red sparks illuminated her face, expression completely blank and frozen in place. Yoongi clenched his teeth, anger and fear trying to overwhelm him, but he knew he had to keep calm, if not for the safety of his friends.

“This is absolutely crazy,” Yoongi declared and shook his head, “You are right, we do not know much about times back at 1997, but you cannot blame a society for being free, tolerant and accepting of all everyone! The downfall that was Lord Voldemort coming to power was fought by Harry Potter and other numeral students of Hogwarts – and many lost lives in order to gain freedom for all of us. This school is a symbol for freedom, and bravery! Every student will stand in your way if you’re trying to destroy our home and you stand not a single chance to succeed in your mental and insane ideas!”

“Oh, I would like to see you kids trying to fight my weapon,” Merlin said slowly and a smirk formed on his face, “A dragon is one thing, but what do you say about an orb, filled with nothing but the most dangerous, liveliest and destructive fiendfyre there is on earth? I spend the whole year to search for it, to search for the ultimate weapon to finally raze Hogwarts to the ground! If activated, not even the most powerful teacher will be able to stop my weapon!”

There was absolutely no doubt Merlin completely believed in his words, and it was what worried Yoongi the most.

“Do you think he’s bluffing?” Jungkook whispered with clear panic in his voice. 

“Don’t know,” Yoongi mumbled, “Don’t want to find out either. Let’s keep him talking, it’ll buy us some time.”




“Namjoon!”

“What?”

“Can you ing start already?”

“Chill,” Namjoon cleared his throat and smirked, confidently pointing his wand at a nearby rock and flicking it.

There was a strange blue glow and the rock’s shape slowly started changing, growing taller and turning into an ashy blonde shade. The rock barked.

Seokjin gave Namjoon a look. “What is this?”

“A Labrador?”

Seokjin snorted and flicked his own wand, transforming the nearby rock into a dangerous looking, huge black dog. The dragon lifted its head, opening his snout to release a low growl, but his head was still turned in their direction.

“Now come on,” Seokjin muttered, “The dogs, look at the dogs.”

The Labrador barked loudly, running in small circles in front of the dragon. The black dog was in close proximity, and the dragon seemed so irritated it lifted its wings, turning it gigantic body in the dogs’ direction.

“Good,” Seokjin muttered and pulled Namjoon backwards, “Now grill the dogs and don’t grill us.”

The black dog started barking loudly, joining the Labrador in its circle runs, and the dragon snapped in their direction. It growled lowly, and finally turned its whole body to swing its wings at the dogs.

“It’s distracted, now is the time –”

“RUN!” Hoseok yelled in their ears and made a run to the back of the chamber, “RUN, IT’S STILL TRYING TO KILL US!”

Namjoon was right on his tracks, pulling Stephanie with him while Seokjin followed with a strong grip around Xero’s arm. There was no guarantee the dragon would be distracted for long with the dogs, especially since they weren’t doing much but running around its legs.

“Get to the exit!” Namjoon shouted and almost slipped on the wet floor, “Xero, get there soon and talk to it, so we can get out of here!”

“There’s a small problem though!” Xero yelled back.

“What?”

“The dogs!”

Seokjin swiftly turned his head and he watched with horror as both the Labrador and the black dog slowly transformed back into large, lifeless rocks.

“!”

The dragon roared loudly and immediately turned back to them, opening its snout to release another set of probably very deadly flames, that went right past them and singed the ceiling.

“, we need to do something!” Hoseok screeched, “This thing is going to roast all of us!”

“What? No, don’t Hoseok – “

Hoseok blindly pointed his wand in front of him and yelled the first spell that came to his mind.

Stupefy!

A red flash shot out of the tip of Hoseok’s wand and missed the dragon spectacularly, zooming by its enormous body before frontally hitting the huge head of the broken statue. There was a millisecond, where everyone stopped and stared, before a gigantic explosion shattered the statue into millions of pieces.

Seokjin vision blurred and the force of the explosion hit his chest so powerful his body flung backwards and painfully crashed against the outer walls. There was dust and the eerily noise of large rocks cracking, and every part of Seokjin’s body hurt. He groaned and blinked rapidly.

Namjoon and Stephanie were close to him, Namjoon shielding Stephanie with his arms while he coughed heavily, robes ripped and half his face covered with dirt.

“What the was that, Hoseok!” Namjoon hollered, leaning forward to reach out for Seokjin’s sleeve.

“It was not my fault, it was not my fault!” Hoseok yelled, “I swear, I only meant to stun it! I have no idea why the whole thing exploded!”

Xero groaned and vehemently shoved the prefect off him. “ you Jung Hoseok! Because of you we almost died! And now the dragon –“

They all immediately turned around, and realised with wide eyes the dragon wasn’t their only problem any more. The beast was frozen in mid moment, head lifted high in the air while its scarlet red scales glistened in the eerily green light of the chamber. The dragon seemed alert in a way that had Seokjin quickly turn his head, scanning the chamber, and soon enough an earthshattering crack made them all jump.

“What on earth –“ Namjoon started slowly, right when a gigantic rock came off the ceiling and shattered loudly on the floor right in front of them.

Seokjin felt his stomach dropping several times while his gaze slowly wandered upwards, and it took him one look at the long crack right through the ceiling of the chamber to realise what was going on.

“!” he cursed loudly, “! The chamber – is collapsing!”




“I found out about it by complete random,” Merlin continued, obviously highly infatuated by his own ideas and plans, “I was never a Death Eater, god forbid, but there were many left in the Ministry, and I heard them talking. A weapon, stored inside Hogwarts during the battle, to destroy everything – I couldn’t believe it first, it was too good to be true. Still, I was hopeful enough to begin my search. Never did I think my choice to become an Animagus would come in handy like this. Caroline was easy to fool, so happy to find a stray cat on the step of her door – her parents are powerful in the Ministry, unfortunately Caroline didn’t inherit their drive for greatness. She left me no choice but to put the Imperius curse on her. Incredibly useful while I was on the search for the Chamber of Secrets, covering my activities ever so often. Unfortunately, Caroline was attacked when I finally gained access to the chamber – the Imperius curse wore off only for seconds, and the stupid girl she is, she had to flee. There was not much I could, or wanted, to do to save her from the dragon. Still, a misfortune I did not plan, and here we are in St. Mungo’s, thanks to you for forcefully making me attend.”

Merlin gave Yoongi a narrowed eyed look and shook his head. “I mean, I can’t deny I was impressed, the distance from which you hexed me unconscious. Were you already suspicious back then?”

Yoongi snorted but didn’t reply. Instead, he slowly closed his eyes, as if he was too tired for all of this. There was something like a quiet whisper in the air, but Merlin didn’t pay any attention to it, twirling his wand in his hands.

“Now, let’s get out of here, why don’t we?” he mused and pushed Caroline back by her shoulders, “It wouldn’t hurt to remain her under the Imperius curse for now, and maybe extend it on our little friends here. No one would be suspicious of an oblivious Hufflepuff and an airhead of a Ravenclaw, would they?”

Jungkook’s eyes were wide in pure horror, and he instinctively moved closer to the others. “Oh .”

Merlin was still aimlessly wandering around, thinking loudly over his plans and oh so great schemes, but there was no doubt that once he’ll use a curse on them there was no way they could protect themselves from it.

“Is this the end?” Taehyung whispered and pressed his lips together, blinking rapidly to stop the tears from falling down his cheeks.

“The end?” Jimin quietly turned his head, and to their surprise his expression wasn’t completely crestfallen, but instead grim and even hopeful, “There’s no need to worry.”

“What? Why not?” Jungkook hissed.

“Have you forgotten?” Jimin retreated with a glint in his eyes, “Yoongi’s with us. And he’s the most powerful wizard I’ve ever met.”

Jungkook opened his mouth, as in to say something, but it was right when something zoomed past his face and right into Yoongi’s hold. Merlin must have felt it too, immediately turning around with confusion on his face, hand darting towards his pocket.

“What the –“

“I’m sorry,” Yoongi interrupted him with an ice cold voice, hand firmly wrapped around his wand, “But this party is over now. Bombarda!

With that he flicked his wand, and everything turned into white flames.




Stephanie gave them a look of pure horror. “Hoseok, what have you done?

“Guys, I swear,” Hoseok’s eyes were wide in panic, “I didn’t do a thing –“

Another rock crashed on the floor right in front of him, pieces shattering in every direction. Hoseok instinctively shielded his face with his arm and felt a piece painfully cutting his cheek. The cracking sounds intensified, and the whole air around them seemed static.

Even the dragon didn’t spare them one single glance no more, distractively shaking its head and emitting low growls.

Stephanie screamed loudly when even more rocks fell down all around them, and was only saved by a strong grip of Seokjin to pull her by his side. The prefect seemed both time furious and in utter panic, lifting his wand to the ceiling.

Finite incantatem!” Seokjin yelled, “Protego totalum! Arresto Momentum! , why is this not working!”

“Seokjin, stop it,” Namjoon shouted and grabbed his and Stephanie’s hand, “We need to get out of here, fast – or the chamber will bury us alive! Hoseok, Xero, come on!”

Xero almost lost his balance on the shaking ground and grabbed hard onto Hoseok’s robes. “Stop screaming for once, we need to get out! Now, Hoseok!”

Through the explosion they were still several metres away from the exit, and the current situation didn’t make it any better. Seokjin felt his knees trembling and his ears still rung from the explosion, and or Hoseok’s background screaming. He stumbled over his own feet and was only saved by Namjoon’s hold onto his arm.

“Namjoon, we –” Seokjin paused in mid-sentence and his jaw dropped, “Oh – out of the way!

Seokjin reached out and pushed both Namjoon and Stephanie behind a pillar, right when the dragon decided it was time for another set of mushroom shaped flames, this time directly directed at the exit.  

“What is it trying to do?”

“Well what do you think, it’s trying to get out of here before this chamber buries it alive!”

“Guys!” Xero called, “I opened the door! Guys, we – !

A quick jump behind the pillar was the only thing that saved Xero from getting grilled, as the dragon proceeded his way towards the exit. The whole ground was shaking, and the dragon snapped as a rock flew by its head.

“Great, now how the are we going to get past this thing!” Xero turned around and flicked his wand in distress, “Do something!”

“How so?” Stephanie cried out, “This beast is completely blocking the exit! We can’t get past it, no way!”

“If we can’t get past it, what then?” Seokjin shouted close to an absolute mental breakdown, “We can’t actually defeat the dragon! The only way to survive would be riding on its back or something, but dear Merlin –“

Namjoon gave him a look from the side.

“What?”

“You know, why the hell not?” Namjoon said and nodded vehemently, “We don’t have the time to come up with any fancy strategies anyway! Let’s go, quick!”

“What?” Seokjin gripped his shoulders tightly, “No, I wasn’t serious – what Namjoon, do you really believe we should – but we’re trying to protect the school from the dragon! Not let it loose on the student body!”

“Namjoon, this is absolutely crazy!” Stephanie protested.

“Completely gone mental,” Xero announced and shook his head.

“Look, do you all want to die in here or not?” Namjoon snapped and pushed Seokjin’s back, “The chamber is collapsing and we have absolutely no other idea how to get out of here soon! So get the on this dragon, Kim Seokjin!”

“Why aren’t you going first?” Seokjin complained but turned around nevertheless, facing the dragon with obvious fear on his face, “Man, I wish I’d looked up that charm for bewitched sleep before we went in here!”

The dragon used right that moment for another roar, flames shooting through the metallic door and heating up the air around them. Seokjin swallowed hard before he told himself to just go for it, because what more choices did they have anyway. He took a deep breath and in one smooth, swift move, jumped right on the dragon’s scarlet scaled back and almost slipped of in the same motion.

The dragon snapped irritated, but was apparently too bothered by the fact the chamber consisted of nothing more but flying rocks at that point and was going to burry all of them soon.

“Great,” Seokjin breathed out and shook his head, hands gripping tightly on the dragon’s scales, “Great, I can’t believe we’re really doing this.”

Seokjin couldn’t even handle the ridiculousness any longer, so when he turned around for Namjoon to take his hand and climb onto the dragon behind him, he couldn’t prevent a grin sneaking on his face. Namjoon laughed breathily and slung an arm around his shoulders, pressing a quick kiss on his cheek, before he turned around to help Stephanie.

Xero quickly followed, accepting the hand Stephanie offered him, then gave Hoseok a deadly glare.

“Nope,” Hoseok vehemently shook his head, “No way in hell, this beast could kill all of us!”

“News flash, if you stay here you will die either way!” Seokjin yelled. 

“Yeah but –“

You better get on this dragon right now or I will end you!

Hoseok grabbed Xero’s shoulder right when the dragon reared and flapped its wings. Hoseok screamed and tightened his grip.

“Don’t choke me idiot!”

“Seokjin!” Stephanie cried, “Seokjin, we need to get out of here! The chamber will collapse any moment!”

Seokjin whipped his head around and realised that no way in hell the dragon would manage to make its way out of here on its own. Well, the chamber was about to collapse anyway, so why not destruct it even more?

Reducto!” Seokjin yelled and pointed the tip of his wand in front of him, “Confringo!

There was a loud, violent crack, and the whole wall in front of them burst into flying rocks and dust. The dragon shook its head and reared, diving into the freedom in front of it.

Seokjin swung his wand again, carving their way out of the chamber and through the dark corridor. Namjoon cursed loudly and grabbed on his shoulders, while he pointed his wand to the left.

Defodio!” Namjoon yelled and Stephanie accompanied him right away, “Reducto! Bombarda!

Their spells and the sheer power of the dragon caused he corridor to crack and crumble around them. Seokjin swung his wand right when the dragon belched flame again and their combined flames almost singed his hair.

“Seokjin!” Stephanie yelled from behind, “The tunnel! It’s way too small!”

“So what?” Seokjin yelled back and swung his corridor, “We can do it – Hoseok, you too – I’ll count to three!”

Seokjin dug his knees into the scales, trying not to lose his balance on the steel-hard scales and pointed his wand in front of him.

Four voices echoed through the corridor: “Bombarda Maxima!

White flashes shot from the tips of their wands and united in the middle of the tunnel, illuminating the whole corridor in bright light before an immense explosion shattered the whole corridor around them. The dragon roared loudly, ducking its head before it continued crawling up the now enlarged hole that was once the small entrance towards the corridor.

The dragon seemed to sense freedom was close and continued its way outside by sheer power, spreading its wings once it reached the bathroom and destroying it singlehandedly.

“Duck!” Seokjin yelled and lifted his arms, shielding himself behind the dragon’s scale from the flying marble and porcelain.

Stephanie screamed behind him, and Namjoon cursed loudly. Hoseok made weird post-screeching noises and Xero apparently gave him a good thwack on the head.

The dragon roared and clawed its way outside the bathroom, smashing the walls with its gigantic wings before forcefully breaking through the handrails and heavily crashing down from the first floor right into the great entrance hall.

There was loud screaming. Students coming from the library or late dinner pointed at them with wide eyes, screeching and tumbling backwards in pure shock. Professor Sprout stopped in the midst of escorting a group of first-years with a snow white face and look of absolute horror on her face, before she released a high-pitched scream and pressed a hand over her chest. A couple of first-years took one look at the dragon and fainted on spot. Loud screeches echoed through the hallways while the dragon violently made its way through the entrance hall and out of the main doors.

“Mr. Kim!” Professor Sprout recovered from her shock pretty quickly and came running after them, “Mr. Kim, stop this – monstrous beast – right now!”

“Easier said than done, Professor!” Seokjin called over his shoulder, “See you for exams on Monday!”

Professor Sprout gave him an absolutely scandalized look. She whipped her wand, but the charm she sent after them did absolutely no effect as it merely bounced off the dragon’s scarlet scales.

“Seokjin, shouldn’t we jump?” Stephanie shouted along with Hoseok’s screaming, but it was too late anyway.

Soon the dragon was out of the main door and, with a swing of its gigantic wings, took to the skies.




Jungkook coughed rapidly, holding his side while his ears rung from the explosion. The whole hospital room seemed nothing but broken bits and dust covering them. Something wet was running down his face, and Jungkook winced with the pain that felt like tearing his skull apart.

“Are you alright?” Yoongi hollered over the after effects of the explosion, “Is everyone okay?” he paused and swung his wand, “Diffindo. I’m sorry, I couldn’t aim a disarming spell at Merlin from our position.”

“Mate, you just summoned your wand into your hand with your own willpower!” Jungkook retreated and shook the dirt out of his fringe, “Don’t me with ‘I couldn’t pull a disarming spell’, you’re a ing dark wizard, that’s what you are!”

Yoongi rolled his eyes but chuckled, leaning down to offer a hand for both Jimin and Taehyung. “Are you guys alright?”

“Y-yeah,” Jimin stammered, “What about Merlin?”

“Huh,” Yoongi gave the unmoving figure on the floor a look, “I stunned him in progress. Doesn’t seem to wake up anytime soon.”

Jungkook immediately rushed to Taehyung’s side, fingers closing protectively around his wrist to hold him upright, while Yoongi checked if Caroline suffered any harm from the explosion. She seemed alright though, her small figure fallen back onto the pillows and her eyes closed.

“Do you think the Imperius curse is lifted now?” Jimin asked slowly and stared down at her peaceful face.

“I hope so,” Yoongi retreated and sighed, “The fact she had to suffer this whole time without me noticing …”

“Hey, it’s not your fault,” Jimin said slowly and reached out to take his hand, “I’m sure whatever –“

Suddenly, loud shouting could be heard from outside, and a deep voice hollered orders, accompanied by what seemed like the steps of at least five people running right at them.

“Oh ,” Yoongi cursed and reached out to his wand, “I guess they finally noticed us.”

“They?” Jimin asked with a high-pitched voice.

The steps outside the door clearly approached them at rapid speed, and Jimin instinctively took a step behind Yoongi’s back, clinging onto his robes.

“Wait, what happened to the hospital in the first place?” Jungkook asked, “Why was everything so quiet and why didn’t anyone notice anything before?”

“Dunno, Merlin probably put the whole hospital under bewitched sleep or something,” Yoongi said and cussed quietly, “Guess they’re back to being awake and kicking right now.”

The next moment, the door already slammed opened and five wands were pointed right at their faces.

“Drop your wands!” a loud voice hollered, “Everyone, wands on the floor and hands behind your back!”

“Good gracious,” Yoongi groaned and closed his eyes, “This can’t be true.”

“Wait, you got this wrong!” Jungkook protested, “We’re not intruders, this person here –”

The next moment he was already violently dragged backwards by a strong grip on his arm, a dark-haired wizard giving him an absolutely merciless look. Next to him, a bulky man with black hair had both Jimin and Taehyung grabbed by their wrists, pushing them against a wall, while a blonde wizard had one hand securely around Yoongi’s wrist and pointed the wand in his other hand right at his face.

“Intruders, we have the order to arrest you under the suspicion of –” the blonde wizard paused, blinked and then tilted his head, “Wait, those are kids. What are you doing here, aren’t you students from Hogwarts?”

Yoongi sighed and rolled his eyes, while Jimin emitted quiet whimpers and Taehyung scrunched up his face in pain. Jungkook struggled against the hold of the dark-haired wizard in an apparently fruitless attempt to free Taehyung.

“We’re here to stop this guy,” Yoongi said slowly and gestured towards the floor, “And we succeed. So well, you guys are late and everything is alright. You can let go now.”

The blonde wizard snorted and tightened his grip.

“Who is this?” he demanded to know and pointed at Merlin, who lay still unconscious on the floor, “Is he also from Hogwarts?”

“Wait,” another wizard kneeled down next to Merlin and turned his face, “Wait, isn’t this Hector Dawlish, from the Department of Magical Law Enforcement? The one that tried to start an uprising two years ago? The Aurors are looking for him everywhere!”

“No, his name is actually Merlin, and he’s a cat!” Jimin exclaimed and immediately shrunk under Jungkook’s violent nudge in his side.

The blonde wizard didn’t seem too amused about the recent developments. He slowly straightened up and gave them a very stern look. “So, who exactly are you kids? Mind to explain me why you’re here, causing a ruckus in a hospital while being in the company of a wanted criminal?”

Yoongi sighed and gave the wizard that still violently held his wrists an exhausted look. “This is a long story, believe me.”

“Well, I’m pretty sure we have all the time to discuss this with your headmistress once we return to Hogwarts,” the blonde wizard announced and clicked his tongue, “Avery, guide Dawlish back to the Ministry, they surely have a few questions for him. Also make sure the young lady here is kept safe from now on. I’ll take the rest of the kids back to their school.”

Jungkook exchanged a look with Jimin and Taehyung and they had all the same expression written on their faces. They were so doomed.




The dragon flew higher and higher. Seokjin glanced over his shoulder and watched Hogwarts below them, looking small, almost miniature from above. The night was cold, and Seokjin tightened his hold on the dragon’s scales. He had no idea where the dragon was flying, or if it even had a destination, but seemed like the dragon enjoyed finally escaping the Chamber of Secrets, raising its head high into the cool air.

Behind Seokjin, Namjoon held tightly onto his shoulders while his other hand held Stephanie in place and cursed loudly ever so often. Hoseok was still screaming, and Xero yelled him to shut the up, which he ignored.

Seokjin held onto the dragon’s scales and turned his head upwards to the pitch black night with its endless stars and clouds. Before he could stop himself, he shook his head rapidly and started laughing.

“What?” Namjoon shouted behind him.

Seokjin bit his inner cheek but couldn’t stop laughing. He turned his head and sent Namjoon a blinding smile, and the Gryffindor chuckled and rolled his eyes. Hoseok finally stopped screaming, and Stephanie giggled lightly. Even Xero stopped shoving Hoseok and snorted with laughter. 

“This is by far the craziest thing we’ve ever done!” Namjoon shouted.

Seokjin stared backwards at the disappearing Hogwarts and wholeheartedly agreed. And weirdly enough, Seokjin couldn’t remember a time breaking apparently every single rule in Hogwarts felt so good.
 





Next chapter you’re going to follow our heroes through one month detention huzzah. Nah I’m just kidding (or am I?) Anyways, completely went down and up again and finally, ing finally, everything is resolved (or is it?). I was so done with the chapter tbh, and I guess it’s pretty obvious when I gave up on story and plot logic or even proper grammar and vocab and just wrote what the hell came to my mind. I’m so sorry for this 8k mess you had to endure and promise you in return I won’t write anything action related ever again OTL.

So! The end is near! I thought about it and came to the conclusion there definitely won’t be more than three chapters to come until YTPTMC is official wrapped up, phew! I hope you are still excited for the grand finale (that is fluff and sappiness to the maximum, that much can I say) and aren’t too mad at me for dragging this update (or updates in general) endlessly. But I can promise you, the next chapters will be definitely sooner than this one ;)

Lots of Love!

xxx