Pretty

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"My life went from being a documentary to a melodrama. We’ll replay all the love stories of the world"

Infinite H - Pretty


 

“Oh my god, my time-table is so awful,” Hoseok groaned and stared with narrowed eyes at the sheet in his hands. “Look at this!  Double period divination today! How am I going to survive?!”

“Who the hell takes divination anyway?” Yoongi rolled his eyes while pouring a great amount of maple syrup over his pancakes, “It’s like the most useless class ever.”

“I thought I could use it for some extra sleep.” Hoseok took a sip of his pumpkin juice and added quietly, “Also, Jane takes it too.”

“Still crushing on that girl, eh?” Yoongi said and shot an annoyed look at some noisy first years who immediately shrieked.

“Dude, I will forever crush on her,” Hoseok sighed dreamily, “She is perfect. And I’m sure she also kinda likes me too. Did you catch the way she looked at me during prefect duties yesterday? There were hearts in her eyes, I’m not kidding!"

“Seems like I missed that,” Yoongi said dryly.

Hoseok was about to protest when someone hit his shoulder.

“Yah Hoseok, weren’t we supposed to guide the first years this morning?” a girl with long brown hair asked and raised both eyebrows.

“Oops well ha ha you didn’t need my help anyways, right?” Hoseok laughed and moved closer to Yoongi so the girl could sit down next to him, “You’re not mad, Lex, are you?”

Alexa seemed rather unamused but didn’t respond to that, reaching out for the porridge instead.

“Where’s the rest?” she then asked, “Didn’t we agree on meeting here this morning?”

Yoongi’s gaze lazily wandered over the mass of students, all busy with their breakfast. The loud chatter already annoying him so very much. His eyes scanned across the room, trying to single out the other prefects. Why were they late? It wasn’t like Yoongi wanted to spend the whole day discussing unnecessary stuff with them.

“Yo buddies! What’s up?”

The obnoxiously loud voice of Gryffindor’s male prefect cut through the noise and soon, Yoongi was greeted by Tony Carter’s overly bright grin, accompanied by his partner Jane (Hoseok immediately straightened), who smiled sweetly.

Tony attempted to high-five Yoongi who ignored him, and bro-fisted Hoseok instead before leaning down and pressing a kiss on Alexa’s cheek.

“Hey babe.”

The reason why Yoongi will probably never be able to take Hoseok’s partner seriously was the fact that she dated this idiot. He was about to exchange an annoyed glance with Hoseok but the other was busy offering Jane help with almost everything, from sitting down on the bench to pouring pumpkin juice in her cup.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and greeted his partner Caroline who quietly scurried into the hall with a white fluffball in her arms.

“What’s this thing?” Yoongi furrowed his brows and pointed with his thumb in said direction.

“My new cat.” Caroline pressed her lips together and sat down next to him, “His name is Merlin.”

“Wow, creative.” Tony leaned over and laughed, “So how about we start our meeting now?”

“Aren’t the Ravenclaws still missing?” Hoseok pointed out, right at the moment when two people approached.

“Good morning everyone,” Seokjin greeted them formally and tilted his head, “Ah Hoseok, great to see you. I heard we’re going to kick your asses in the first match?”

“In your dreams,” Hoseok said and waved a hand, “You know, our new seeker …”

“Already heard about him.” Seokjin raised an eyebrow, “And saw him this morning, stumbling over his own feet. Not sure how you plan on winning with that guy.”

“That’s not the topic right now,” Tony barged in, “Also, I’m pretty sure we Gryffindors are going to win this year.” 

“Oh please, as if the crashers could ever be real competition.”

Tony seemed as if he wanted to respond with something not so nice, but Stephanie, Seokjin’s partner, raised a hand to interrupt him.

“Guys, please settle that during the matches and not now.” Stephanie furrowed his brows, “We have more important things to discuss. Who wants to take prefect duties on Monday afternoon?”

Yoongi groaned and rested his head on his arm. Oh yes, important things



“Why is your hair white?”

Jimin frowned at the other Hufflepuff next to him, the book for herbology in his hands.

“Hmm?” Xero blinked and reached out to touch his fluffy, bright coloured hair, “Oh, I thought it fits well with our new concept.”

“Concept?”

“You know, dance concept,” Xero explained slowly, “We’re practicing for a new performance. It’s tough.”

“Oh. Good luck I guess – whew!” Jimin almost dropped his book because he accidentally stumbled over a stone on the ground.

Xero quickly reached out to hold his arm, furrowing his brows. “I’m still trying to figure out how you got accepted into our Quidditch team.”

“I learned to fly at the age of six!” Jimin puffed his cheeks, feeling a bit offended.

“Which doesn’t automatically mean you’re good at it." Xero shrugged, “You know I have this friend, Hyunho, and his parents even own a broomstick shop, yet he fails so badly. It’s pathetic.”

“Well I am not going to fail,” Jimin said and made his way into the greenhouse.

His eyes scanned the crowd of busily chatting Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws until he singled out a guy with messy, light purple coloured hair. The guy stood alone in one corner, poking his fingers into the plant pot in front of him and skilfully ignored the small group of girls close to him who all seemed eager to get him in their group.

“Hi Taehyung!” Jimin grinned at his friend, “Where’s Junhong?”

“I’m here,” another Ravenclaw, overly tall and with a smile on his face, appeared next to them, carrying one big plant pot, “This is the one our group is supposed to work on.”

“What is this?” Jimin stared at the weird looking plant, “Looks like it’s dead.”

“Everyone, listen!” Professor Sprout raised a hand, “Our project for today is the snargaluff. You will work in groups for this because the snargaluff is probably one of the most dangerous plants in our greenhouses, so usually, only sixth or seventh-years work on that.”

“Then why do we have to do it?” Jimin stared at the stump in the plant pot in front of them in horror, “I don’t wanna die because of a plant!”

“Calm down,” Xero whacked the back of his head, “Professor Sprout surely wouldn’t let us work with plants who will most likely kill us.”

“But didn’t you hear her, she said they’re one of the most dangerous –“

“Start!”

Jimin almost dropped the pair of secateurs in his hands, panicking immediately. “Oh my god she said start what to do, what to do?!”

Taehyung threw a pair of gloves at his face. “You’re not cool.”

“Let’s say we attack it,” Junhong pointed at himself, Xero and Taehyung, “And then Jimin gets the pod. It’s an easy task, he shouldn’t fail at this.”

“But what if I do?”

Ignoring Jimin, Junhong raised a hand and counted down from three before throwing himself right at the stump, Taehyung on his left and Xero on his right. The previously dead looking stump suddenly sprang to life with long, prickly vines flying out from the top, all ready to attack them. Junhong bravely reached out to grab three of the vines, trying to tear them out, but the thorns cut through his gloves and made him scream in pain. Another vine tangled right into Xero’s fluffy hair and he wriggled while trying to cut the vine down and not lose strands of his hair. Taehyung earned a long scratch over his left cheek from a vine, still managing to beat them back with his secateurs, and then, finally, a hole opened in the middle of the branches.

“Jimin!” Junhong snapped at the brown-haired while a prickly vine hit his left arm, “Hurry the up!”

“What?” the brown-haired blinked, “No I don’t wanna touch this thing!”

You better do this right now or else –

“Okay, okay!”

Jimin quickly reached out and plunged his arm into the hole – which immediately closed like a trap around his elbow.

“Oh.” he blinked and slowly, the panic on his face changed into even more panic, “Oh. Oh god, it’s going to kill me! It’s going to rip my arm off! Help! Help! Help – ack!”

A fist slamming against his face silenced Jimin for once and he watched with wide eyes as the others tugged and pulled on the vines until the hole opened again. Jimin sighed in relief and snatched his arm free, fingers clutching a pod. It was green and somehow pulsating and –

“Ew!” Jimin shrieked and his grip loosened, the pod falling out of his hand.

“NO!”

But before the pod could fall back into the hole, a hand reached out and it was safe in Junhong’s hold who grinned proudly.

“Reflexes of a seeker.” Junhong shrugged and placed the pod on the table.

“Shouldn’t Jimin be like this too then…?” Xero grumbled while they watched the snargaluff transforming back into a harmless, dead looking stump.

Taehyung blinked and poked the pod with his index finger. “It feels weird.”

“We’re supposed to extract the… thing,” Junhong said while scanning through his book, “You need something sharp.”

Jimin, still at a safe distance away from the pod, handed him his pair of secateurs and then hid behind Taehyung.

“I’m sure the stuff inside will be super gross,” he mumbled and peeked a glance at Junhong who managed to open the pod, extracting the content which looked exactly like pale green tubers.

“Ew ew ew,” Jimin buried his face in Taehyung’s back, “This is so gross. I hate herbology, I really do.”

“God, man up!” Xero flicked his forehead, “You're embarrassing the Hufflepuffs.”

“As if this is even possible,” Junhong mumbled and then handed their bowl to Professor Sprout, “So guys, let’s go for another pod?”




“Hello and welcome to the Gryffindor Quidditch try-outs!”

Tony Carter beamed at the audience and waved at some female fans who instantly started blushing.

“I know most of you came here because of me.” Tony ran a hand through his hair, “But sadly I have to disappoint you. I’m still taken. I know I know, it’s a shame but it can’t be helped.”

Behind him, Daehyun pretended to throw up in his Quidditch uniform.

“So, everyone who is here just to admire me and not actually want to participate, please leave.” Tony smiled at the girls who shuffled out, “Of course you can still get my autograph later.”

“He got even greasier over the summer.” Namjoon rolled his eyes, “It’s time we get a new captain.”

“Oh, but he’s a good player, so it’s still okay!” Jane laughed and reached out for her broomstick, “Come on guys! Let’s give our best.”

“Why aren’t we even automatically part of the team?” Daehyun complained while swinging the bat in his hands, “I played for Gryffindor for the last three years.”

“After the whole crash incident last year, I thought about kicking you all out of the team,” Tony announced, “You should be lucky I'm even giving you another chance.”

“Whoa, easy there! I wasn’t even involved in that incident!” Daehyun raised his hands in defence, “If anyone, you should blame Jungkook! He started this whole !”

“What?” Jungkook blinked at him in this belief, “That was so not my fault! Because of the other team and all the bludgers and everyone being in my way, that happened! Remember, I am golden so this –”

“Shut up, I want to start.” Tony interrupted him, “There are actually quite a few females who are watching, so I don’t want to make them wait any longer to see my excellent skills.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes and went over to pat Jungkook’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, just fly at your best and I’m sure he'll take you back.”

“Of course he'll takes me back. He has to!” Jungkook puffed his cheeks, “I’m the best seeker in Gryffindor!”

“Yeah of course,” Namjoon laughed and grabbed his own broomstick.

Soon, lots of students were up in the air with the red quaffle flying through the air. Namjoon accompanied the group of chasers who were passing the quaffle at high speed. Tony was flying somewhere in the middle, one second watching them with furrowed brows and in the next waving at his fans.

The mix of amateurs, first-years who haven’t even touched a broomstick before and overly ambitious but still failing students was the same every year, but there were also always some hidden talents. Namjoon was quite confident with the way he scored a good amount of goals, but there was also a guy with incredible white teeth and carefully styled hair who scored just as many goals. Jane couldn’t really keep up with them but the goals she scored where impressively well aimed and often from a far distance.

“That’s it!” Tony raised a hand after about half an hour and all the players landed back on the ground, “Namjoon, Jane, congrats you’re back in.”

Namjoon grinned and exchanged a high-five with Jane who laughed happily.

“Also,” Tony turned to the guy with the white teeth, “You’re Mark, right?”

The guy nodded and Namjoon recognized him to be a sixth year.

“That was really good!” Tony said and gave him a thumbs-up, “You’re also in the team.”

“Thank you." Mark bowed and then went to sit with Namjoon and Jane on the other side of the field.

He smiled kind of shyly at them and fumbled with his cloak which seemed kind of ridiculous to Namjoon considering the fact he just excelled the try-outs and all the students around them were giving him awestruck looks. Seems like Mark was one of those kids who missed the fact they were popular.

The beaters were next and Daehyun managed to get himself safely back in the team, accidentally hitting the back of Tony’s head with a bludger while he celebrated that fact. As his partner, the newly discovered fourth-year, Yugyeom was chosen, who was, despite his age, quite tall and strong.

And finally, it was the seekers turns. Namjoon knew Jungkook was a talented seeker, despite the things he messed up last year, so he really hoped he wasn’t going to fail.

But it seemed like he worried for nothing when it turned out the other contestants didn’t really know what to do or how to even fly.

“You’re lucky you got no real competition,” Tony grumbled and patted Jungkook on the back, “But I hope you’ll develop your skills over the year.”

“Sure.” Jungkook bit his lower lip and shouldered his broomstick, “Namjoon, I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.”

“Yeah sure,” the blonde waved at the rest of his team and then quickly followed his friend, “Hey, are you mad?”

“No, I just,” Jungkook paused and then sighed, “It seems like Tony doesn't acknowledge my skills. It seems like no one does, actually. Just because of that crash last year..."

“Aw, you really are mad!” Namjoon laughed and slung an arm around the younger's shoulders, “I’m sure after we win the cup this year, everyone will acknowledge your skills. Don’t worry so much!”

“But,” Jungkook bit his lower lip, “What if I fail again…?”

“Aw, you’re so cute,” Namjoon laughed and pulled him closer, Jungkook wriggling in his grip, especially after Namjoon started ruffling his hair.

“Stop! Let go! I’m not a baby! Hey!”
 




So guys, finally the second chapter. I’m sorry this took me so long, but I literally jumped from one hiatus into another. Actually I’m still on hiatus because well, I broke my elbow, but I wrote this chapter with one hand (the level of boredom I have reached …).

Anyways :D Got7 also joined the fun, the Quidditch teams and prefect duties are sorted, so in the next chapter the real mess can start – couple interaction, yay. I hope you’re excited for it? And sorry if it will again take me quite a while …

xxx