Pretty U

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't see anything but you. You're so ice baby, at the same time you melt me down"

Seventeen - Pretty U

 

“Coming to page three –”

Seokjin furrowed his brows and pushed his way through a string of overly excited first-years wearing their house colours and chatting excitedly. A girl screamed into Seokjin’s ear and he was tempted to put her in detention right away for that, but didn’t have the heart, nor the nerve to do so on this rather special day. Instead, he turned his head until he spotted the significant curly hair right next to him and extended a hand in the direction.

“I guess I have to admit I was partly confused by the salamander blood – of course I understand the effects of frozen ashwinder eggs especially used for Amortentia, but adding salamander blood seemed so highly unnecessary I suspect Professor Slughorn trying to go in a whole different direction with that question.”

“Same,” Stephanie nodded vigorously and quickened her steps to take Seokjin’s hand, “Indeed, I pointed out right in the beginning the ineffectiveness, or rather inefficiency, of doing so, and started explaining different solutions to reverse the effects of salamander blood in the particular potion.”

Hyosang groaned and exchanged a glance with Jaebum. “Hanging out with you people after exams is seriously more exhausting than exams itself.”

Jaebum chuckled and lightly thwacked Seokjin’s shoulder, which the prefect frowned upon. “Why are you coming with us anyway?”

“Well what do you think, we heard you’re going to chat up the Gryffindors right before the match and Jinyoung wanted to catch his boyfriend anyway, so why not join you guys,” Jaebum grinned and lazily wrapped an arm around Seokjin’s shoulders, “What, you don’t wanna hang around with us anymore captain, now that you’re part of a delinquent gang?”

Seokjin was so outraged he didn’t respond for the next five minutes but had his arms crossed and sulked, grumbling “delinquent? I?” and “there is no student respecting the rules like I do” from time to time.

Jinyoung smiled sheepishly and rubbed his nape, waving off Stephanie’s giggling as she clung onto his arm.

The entrance to Gryffindor’s changing rooms was already packed, half of fans, giggling girls trying to throw good luck gifts and what nots into the room last minute, half of Kim Taehyung and Junhong trying to push their way past them.

“And what are you guys doing here?” Seokjin raised both eyebrows upon spotting them.

“Same as you all, I guess,” Junhong snorted, “Taehyung wants to wish his boyfriend best of luck and all that.”

“He’ll be overjoyed,” Stephanie mused and gently messed with Taehyung’s hair.

Seokjin roughly shoved their way through the fans, muttering something along the lines “if he wants me to come by, he should at least wait in the front for Merlin’s sake,” and Stephanie followed with much giggling. They only had to knock twice and the door of the changing room, before it already swung open.

“Hello people,” Daehyun greeted them with a laugh before turning over his shoulder, “Yo, everyone who’s dating a Ravenclaw come on outside, the squad arrived.”

Seokjin exchange a deadpan look with Jaebum, while both Stephanie and Hyosang grinned from ear to ear.

Jungkook meanwhile was close to tears. He held Taehyung’s hand tightly pressed against his chest and sniffled. “You came just to wish me luck, oh Taehyung! I don’t even know how I deserve you!”

“Everyone’s wondering,” Junhong piped over his shoulder, though was easily ignored by Jungkook embracing Taehyung tightly.

“Good luck,” Taehyung whispered in his ear with a smile and pressed a quick kiss on his cheek that almost sent Jungkook fainting, “I’ll be cheering for you.”

Seokjin pushed past them with a snort, laid one look at an utterly smug looking Namjoon, and turned right back around.

“Change in plans, I don’t think I actually want to wish them luck.”

“Hey!” Namjoon protested and came quickly running after him, “Seokjin, wait –”

Stephanie laughed and went to talk with Tony and Jane, giving them one last cheer though Tony claimed if there’s anyone that doesn’t need luck, it’s most definitely the amazing Tony Carter, at which Jane only rolled her eyes. Jaebum clinked in that conversation soon after giving up to get one word out of Mark, who was nothing but incredibly flustered upon Jinyoung’s appearance.

“So what about you?” Daehyun leaned against the wall with a smirk, “Not wishing anyone luck?”

Junhong gave him a look. “I’m only here to assure Taehyung doesn’t get lost on the way, that’s all. I’m not actually associated with any Gryffindors.”

Daehyun made a face that came close to pouting and crossed his arms. “Is that so?”

Junhong shifted his weight, sent Taehyung impatient glances, tilted his head, leant backwards on his heels and sighed. “Good luck …”

“Thank you!” Daehyun beams.

Junhong bit his lower lip in embarrassment and stared down at his feet, ears burning, which was only saved by Tony shouting for his team to stop the lovey-dovey and get the ready for the match.




“This is the day everyone waited for – this is the day we anticipated the whole ing year, the only day that matters –” Jackson paused and took a deep breath, “Welcome everyone to the finale of the Quidditch Cup!”

His words were accompanied by loud cheering from the stands, both Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs sporting colourful flags and banners in their house colours, while the other students also came to cheer, Ravenclaws with either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor banners, while Slytherins almost completely stood behind Hufflepuff. The players flew an extra round across the stadium, waving at their fans, before gathering in the middle around Madam Hooch.

“It’s Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff!” Jackson continued overenthusiastically and almost threw his megaphone, “Both Jung Hoseok and Tony Carter did a ing great job at training their teams – Hufflepuff enormous strong as always with their new ace, seeker Park Jimin, while Gryffindor claims to have one of the best teams in over a decade, completely renewed from their crasher title last year! This, ladies and gentleman, is going to be a top tier match, that much I can already tell you!”

There was more cheering, and Hoseok and Tony shook hands under loud cries and shouting from the audience. Tony gritted his teeth upon taking the other captains hand, trying to look as intimidating as possible, while Hoseok was grinning cheerfully from ear to ear.

“I want the fairest match ever!” Madam Hooch declared and shot both teams sharp glances, “Don’t think just because this is the finale you can do as you please!”

Tony nodded seriously and exchanged one last look with his team, clenching his fist. “Slaughter them!”

Hoseok smiled innocently and shot his team hearts. “We can do this!”

Madam Hooch waited until they calmed down enough, before taking the whistle. “At my sign –“

“– And the match is ON!” Jackson’s shout echoed through the stadium, “Gryffindor’s chasers immediately went for the quaffle, with brilliant Jane Salinger catching it in mid-air and leading their formation towards Hufflepuff’s goals – OH! There already goes Hufflepuff’s Xero with a steal! Wow, that was fast! And Hufflepuff’s chasers counterattack right away, there’s our Thai friend Kunpimook, or whatever, back to Xero, and then it’s Jinwoon – Xero – Jinwoon – GOAL FOR HUFFLEPUFF! Merlin, we’re like ten seconds into this!”

The Hufflepuff stands cheered loudly, accompanied by Slytherins clapping and stomping their feet, while the Gryffindors made sour faces. Tony shot extremely pissed glares at his team, getting a “What the , you let that one through!” back from Daehyun.

“If you did your job, that wouldn’t be necessary!”

“I’m a beater! How the is keeping off goals my job?!”

Xero used the opponents’ confusion to catch the quaffle right another time, quickly passing to Kunpimook on his other side when a bludger dashed past his right ear and almost hit him flat in the face.

Yugyeom passed with a grin on his face and winked in his direction.

“Great job from our beater!” Jackson called over Gryffindor’s cheering, “Don’t think we will allow you get two goals in a row Hufflepuff – though Tony Carter should get his together and stop fighting with Jung Daehyun at least. Now, back to the quaffle, safely in Gryffindor’s possession – that’s Jane Salinger, passing right to Mark Tuan and then back to Jane and now Kim Namjoon – Mark again – Jane – Mark – GOAL! YES FOR MERLIN’S BEARD! 10 – 10!”

Mark did a somersault in the air above them and Gryffindor clapped enthusiastically, screams echoing through the stadium.

Xero gritted his teeth and gestured Kunpimook and Jinwoon to keep their formation, stealing the quaffle at lightning speed out of Jane’s hand and rushing right back to the other goal posts. Yongguk kept up with them, swing his bat in Hufflepuff beaters’ direction to keep them off. Daehyun smirked and turned right on spot, as if let them off for once – only to aim a bludger right in their direction when Yongguk didn’t pay attention for a second, hitting Kunpimook right in the back.

“HOLY !” Jackson cursed loudly and ignored Professor McGonagall’s furious glares, “Well, Gryffindor’s beaters aren’t kidding around – lucky for Kunpimook he doesn’t seem much fazed about it. Quite agile the guy – and Hufflepuff’s still in possession of the quaffle! Gryffindor, what are you doing – oh yes, here comes Tony Carter for the rescue but OH GOD!”

The whole stadium groaned as a well-aimed bludger from Hufflepuff’s second beater Jongup hit Tony right in the side, almost sending him off his broom and allowing Hufflepuff’s chaser to smoothly pass past him.

“, Hufflepuff isn’t playing around either – their chasers are right in front of the goal posts now with all the time in the world – Jinwoon’s passing to Xero because reasons – and GOAL! 20 – 10, wow this is fast as never before!”

Hufflepuff was ecstatic, Yongguk passing their chasers for a quick high-five in the air and Hoseok sent a thumbs up over the field Xero deliberately ignored.

“Come on, keep it up!” Jane shouted to the other chaser and smiled.

Namjoon nodded and gave Mark a clap on the back. “Let’s go!”

“And Gryffindor’s chaser are on their way to tie this once again, flying up there in possession like the ing eagles they are – passing right past Hufflepuff’s beaters – passing right past Hufflepuff’s chaser – passing right past Hufflepuff’s keep– whoops, Namjoon’s hit hard in the face by a bludger, looks like it broke his nose – no false alarm, though there’s quite some blood – and Jane is still in possession, come on girl! Jung Hoseok goes for the dive – misses – GOAL FOR GRYFFINDOR! 20 – 20! WE’RE ING TIED AGAIN!”

Jane laughed and high fived with Mark before going to grab Namjoon by the back of his uniform, cupping his bloody face in her hands.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah no worries, just a nosebleed,” Namjoon rolled his eyes and wiped his face with his sleeve, “Let’s carry on!”

Jane smiled and quickly ruffled his hair before turning right on spot, flying down the field with Gryffindor’s cheers filling the air around her.

“And there go our ing chasers again – Jane passes to Mark, and back to Namjoon, who looks pretty bloody – literally – and then SCORES! GOAL FOR GRYFFINDOR, WE’RE IN THE LEAD – it’s 30 – 20, and what is Hufflepuff going to do now, ha? … okay, they counterattacked right away, GOAL FOR HUFFLEPUFF, 30 – 30, damn it!”

There was cheering from the stands, and Gryffindor seemed mildly confused upon the fast counterattack, which Kunpimook used right away to steal the quaffle and pass it towards Xero.

Xero narrowed his eyes and turned right on spot, throwing the quaffle with all his might right past the Gryffindor’s chasers and into the arms of the waiting Jinwoon right below the opponent’s goal posts, who didn’t hesitate but immediately scored.

“OFFSIDE!” Jackson protested loudly.

“Jackson Wang, this is not football!” Professor McGonagall shouted from his side and glared at him.

“Right, sorry professor – well, Hufflepuff uses cheap tricks to score, who is surprised. It’s 40 – 30 but no one ing cares because it would be the other way round if they played properly –”

“Mr. Wang!”

“I’m sorry professor – so, back to Gryffindor with the quaffle, showing Hufflepuff their place – which is definitely not winner of the Quidditch cup, that much for sure – and there’s Jane Salinger aiming right at the goal posts – Jung Hoseok is there to stop her, but way too late my friend. Passing to Namjoon, back to Jane, now Mark – and GOAL AGAIN! HA! DIDN’T I SAY IT! 40 – 40, NOW WHAT LOSERS!”

The Gryffindors were now standing in their stands, yelling and shouting loudly to the players giving it their all. Hufflepuff followed suit, and even Ravenclaw, while Slytherin started battle cries and throwing popcorn on the field.

The tension was definitely heated, and it didn’t help that Gryffindor’s chaser where oozing with confidence, scoring three goals right afterwards. Their fans became pretty ecstatic, cheering and singing loudly for their team, while the Hufflepuff fans grew slightly nervous.

“Captain!” Kunpimook yelled over the noise and passed Hoseok with the rest of the players right on his tracks, “What are we supposed to do? They’re in a run right now!”

Hoseok didn’t stop smiling brightly for a second, but his eyes narrowed visibly. “Well, you do remember what we practised last time, right? The certain move?”

The players exchanged grim glances and then nodded.

“Leave it to us,” Jongup said and swung his bat with one hand, “We got this, right?”

“Right!” everyone shouted before making their way back to where Gryffindor was right in their next attack.

A bludger zoomed right past Jane Salinger’s face, and the beaters were right on its track, Yugyeom guarding the chasers with raised bat and narrowed eyes on their way towards Hufflepuff’s goal posts.

“Our beaters are doing an amazing job as usual! Jane Salinger still with the quaffle – passes to Mark – passes to Namjoon – back to Mark – oh, Hufflepuff’s players are trying to keep up – Mark still passes to Jane – STEAL BY HUFFLEPUFF! Xero is now with the quaffle and passes straight to Kunpimook – he passes to Jinwoon – back to Kunpimook, who passes to Xero – he flies right upwards and – hold the up, what the hell are they doing?!”

The whole stadium held their breath as Hufflepuff’s beaters, that were innocently flying by Gryffindor’s chasers, suddenly started closing in on them. The next moment, Jinwoon showed up right in front of them, flying straight at Gryffindor’s players. Mark, Namjoon, Jane and Yugyeom exchanged worried glances and tried to escape to the sides, but both Yongguk and Jongup moved even closer to their sides, swinging their bats threateningly.

Jane winced as Yongguk’s bat zoomed past her face dangerously close. The beater smirked at her. “Not this way.”

“What is Hufflepuff doing?” Jackson hissed upon the low murmurs emitting from the crowd, “They are in possession of the quaffle anyway – is this some weird strategy? Caging Gryffindor’s chasers because …?”

Namjoon, Mark and Jane had no chance but to cautiously move backwards, eyes darting ever so often to their sides where Yongguk and Jongup still guarded them, while both Jinwoon and now Kunpimook made sure they couldn’t escape from both the front and top. Yugyeom swung his bat in annoyance but Yongguk lifted his own quick enough for the metal to crash together in a disturbingly high sound, making them wince.

Xero, who was still in possession of the quaffle, flew circles above their heads, gesturing Jimin to keep searching for the snitch instead of paying too much attention to them. Oddly, there was no sight of Gryffindor’s seeker around them, but Xero didn’t pay much attention to it.

“W-what are you doing?” Jane asked with clear panic in her voice as the Hufflepuff players kept on urging them backwards toward their own goal posts, “This is against the rules!”

“You’re wrong,” Jinwoon grinned and stopped Mark’s smooth attempt to break free with blocking him right in mid-air, “This would only be against the rules if you guys were in possession of the quaffle. But you aren’t, so we’re just – guiding you a little.”

Namjoon furrowed his brows and wondered if breaking right past Yongguk would actually do any good, though attacking the team in possession means an immediate penalty for them. Daehyun now also came flying from where he was trying to aim bludgers at them, swinging his bat angrily before accompanying Tony right next to the goal posts.

It took the Gryffindor players another couple of seconds, the murmurs and shouting of the crowd growing louder and louder, to understand what exactly Hufflepuff’s plan was, but even Tony Carter extending his arms with wide eyes and shouting “No! Stop it!” couldn’t help them anymore.

On unison, all of Hufflepuff’s players immediately lunged forward and the Gryffindor players, in their panic not to crash into anyone and causing a penalty, all moved backwards simultaneously – crashing right into Tony Carter and Daehyun.

A loud groan echoed through the stadium, as not only one, not two, but all of Gryffindor’s players bundled up in an enormous mass collision, not one being able to regain their balance but instead toppling all over each other and crashing down towards the ground.

The whole stadium was completely silent, watching in utter horror as Xero came flying from where he kept at save distance and scored five times without anyone there to stop him. The only sound was the groaning of the Gryffindor players on the grass – and the Hufflepuff’s players high-fiving.

“Well, what do you even expect?” Hoseok called into the silence and smirked triumphantly, “The crashers are the crashers after all!”

After that, hell broke loose.

“FOR MERLIN’S ING BEARD, WHAT THE WAS THAT!” Jackson cried furiously, “HUFFLEPUFF YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ING NICE HOUSE! CAUSING THE WHOLE GRYFFINDOR TEAM TO CRASH, I ING CAN’T BELIEVE YOUR CHEATING ASSES RIGHT NOW!”

Professor McGonagall didn’t care about his outburst for once but shook her fist in rage, accompanied by all Gryffindor fans standing on their seats, crying and shouting in utter outrage over the complete humiliation of their players.

Meanwhile, both the Hufflepuffs and Slytherin stands were cheering and screaming loudly for their team, exchanging triumphant smiles.

“DIRTY, CHEATING BASTARDS!” Jackson was still screaming, “IF THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BEAT US IS BY THESE MEASLY TRICKS, YOU DON’T DESERVE –”

Jackson paused in mid-sentence, and the whole tumult was abruptly interrupted by a red flame zooming by the stands and stopping right in in the middle of the field. Instead of looking utterly terrified of seeing his whole team on the ground, Jungkook looked nothing but focused and confident, waiting until he was sure every eye in the whole stadium was on him, before finally opening his mouth.

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook called into the silence and shrugged at the Hufflepuff players, “We may be the crashers – but that doesn’t stop us from beating your weak asses!”

And with that, he raised his fist high in the air.

“Holy is this –” Jackson breathed in the silence and nearly toppled over his stands to get a better look at their seeker, “Don’t tell me –”

Jungkook opened his fist slightly, a proud grin spreading on his lips as small, fragile golden wings broke their way free and glistened in the sunlight. There was a pause for a good couple of seconds, before the whole stadium erupted in the loudest outcry ever.

“THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!” Jackson shouted over the noise and seemed close to cry, “UNBE-ING-LIEVABLE! JEON JUNGKOOK CAUGHT THE SNITCH! HE CAUGHT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS THE FINALE 250 – 90 OVER THE CHEATING ASSES HUFFLEPUFF – FAIR PLAY ALWAYS WINS IN THE END AFTER ALL! WOAH! I’M IN TEARS!”

The Hufflepuff team was in utter shock. The Gryffindor team too, though mostly because they still were nothing but a bundle of arms and legs and Namjoon tried to vehemently shove away the elbow in his face.

“GRYFFINDOR IS THE OFFICIAL QUIDDITCH CHAMPION!” Jackson was still yelling, “LOSERS, EAT OUR DUST WHILE WE’LL DOMINATE EVERY QUIDDITCH GAME FROM NOW ON! AND IF YOU THINK YOU CAN PULL ANY OTHER DIRTY TRICK LIKE THAT, LET ME TELL YOU FOR ONCE AND ALL THAT –”

With that, Professor McGonagall finally fetched the megaphone out of his grip, but Jackson didn’t bother and went to hug her instead.

“We won, Professor!”

“Let me go right now, Mr. Wang!”

Jungkook finished right another victory round over the stadium and contemplated for a second getting down to help his team, but – no. Instead, flying right into Ravenclaws stands and into his boyfriend’s arms seemed way more appealing. There was shouting all around him, students patting his back and ruffling his hair, but Jungkook only had eyes for the lavender haired boy in front of him as he landed right on the stands.

“We won!” Jungkook cried and threw his arms right around Taehyung, “We really won, Tae!”

Taehyung laughed into his ear and held him tightly. “You did! You were amazing, Jungkook!”

And that was all Jungkook needed anyway.
 



Okay so I know this is like extremely late and extremely lame and I’m extremely sorry! I'm not sure if even Quidditch can save that ..... I really love the formations they do in the movies though this makes like zero sense, so I tried to write some cool formation-ish thing here too but I guess I failed completely on the cool part and this in an complete mess orz. In an early draft of this chapter I was mixing up names all the time and realised while rereading Gryffindor’s beaters are constantly shooting their own chasers off their brooms – whoops.

Next chapter is the last chapter! Oh my god! What happened? I hope you stay excited peeps!

xxx