Awesome

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"You’re romantic and sometimes nerve-wracking like a thriller, cupid’s arrow came and hit me. It’s frustrating, why am I becoming so powerless?"

N.Flying - Awesome


 

“Valentine’s Day?” Seokjin grimaced, “I always hated Valentine’s Day.”

He furrowed his brows and snipped the rose petals from his robes. Apparently the teachers thought this year rose petals raining from the enchanted ceiling of the great hall would be a great idea. There were also pink, flowery decorations on the walls and the breakfast consisted mostly of pink and red coloured food. Seokjin was not amused.

“But it’s so romantic,” Stephanie next to him smiled and reached out for the cupcakes with pink icing and small hearts all over it, “Look, how cute! I really could eat these all year!”

Seokjin snorted and opted for the most un-romantic looking food on the table. Actually, he very much liked the colour pink but this was a bit too much. And admitting he was kind of into all that stuff right amongst the other Ravenclaws wouldn’t really be much of a smart idea either.

“Here,” Junhong slumped down on the chair next to him and placed a small packaged next to Seokjin’s plate, “All the letters you got from girls who are too shy to personally give them to you.”

“I see,” Seokjin stared at the letters and wondered what he should do with them, “More than last year.”

“You popularity is constantly rising,” Stephanie puffed her cheeks and took one, “This is from that one Hufflepuff girl in my potions class, I never knew she had a thing for you!”

Seokjin didn’t even know who she was talking about.

Junhong busily hid himself behind what seemed like a very misshaped self-made Valentine’s Card, grinning so widely Seokjin didn’t even want to ask.

“It’s from that Hufflepuff beater,” Taehyung announced not so quietly, taking a look over the other’s shoulder.

Junhong groaned and hit the other’s side with his elbow, Taehyung yelping and moving away from him.

“I only got two cards,” Stephanie eyed Seokjin’s impressive amount, “One from Youngjae here, nice try, I know you’re dating that Gryffindor –“

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Actually I’m not.”

“– and of course one from Namjoon,” Stephanie continued nonchalantly, “It reads ‘Happy Valentines’ like seriously, he couldn’t have come up with something more creative.”

Seokjin stiffened by the mention of the other’s name which of course didn’t go unnoticed.

“Oh?” Stephanie smirked while reaching out for Seokjin’s letters, “You didn’t get one from him yet, did you?”

“Why would I care if he sends me a card?” Seokjin snapped back with a harder edge in his voice than intended.

“I don’t know, maybe because you like him?” Stephanie replied.

“Seokjin likes who?!”

Hyosang used right that moment to throw himself at the small space between Seokjin and Junhong, effectively sending the latter’s card right over the table into Taehyung’s milk pudding.

“Hey!” Junhong furrowed his brows and quickly snatched the card out of the other’s bowl, “Can’t you like watch out!?”

Hyosang completely ignored him.

“So Seokjin, is it really true that you’re liking someone and hide it from your best friend?” he asked with a dramatic pout on his face, “I can’t believe it.”

“Best friend?” Seokjin said.

Hyosang made offended noises, acting like an arrow just shot through his heart and dramatically died all over Junhong’s pink pumpkin pastries.

“Seriously though,” Stephanie tugged on the prefect’s sleeve, “You’re acting all weird around Namjoon ever since the Christmas ball, practically constantly avoiding him while I thought you clearly have the hots for each other. What is going on?”

“Well, something like none of your business?” Seokjin replied and shook his head to get the rose petals out of his fringe, “And just for your information, I do not like Namjoon.”

Stephanie sighed dramatically and leaned her back against Seokjin’s shoulder.

“Seems like only Junhong got the luck of the Valentines spirit on his side then,” she declared, “Or did anyone of you actually successfully send a card to his crush?”

“Well,” Jinyoung suddenly looked up from where he was engaged in a conversation with Jaebum and Youngjae and grinned, “I sent a card to my Christmas ball date, not sure if it’s going to be successful though.”

“Oh, that good looking Gryffindor?”

All heads on the table immediately turned to the red head boy on the red and gold table at the right end of the hall. The red head was all surrounded by other Gryffindors and apparently right in the progress of reading said card, dropping the full mug of pumpkin juice in his other hand while staring at the lines.

There were groans of “Not again Mark” and their female prefect was quick on cleaning the mess.

“Not sure if this is a bad or a good reaction,” Stephanie said thoughtfully.

“Hmm,” Jinyoung tilted his head and then shrugged, “I’ll go with it.”

Seokjin snorted and abruptly stood up.

“I have to go to class. See you guys later.”

“Heartbroken,” Junhong whispered not so quietly and the table broke out into giggles.




“Happy Valentines,”

Yoongi blinked and stared at the bunch of red roses in front of him.

“What is this?”

“Well, what does it look like,” Hoseok grinned and waved with the roses, “My Valentines gift for you! I love you Yoongi, have my heart!”

People around them were staring, of course they were because Hoseok somehow thought stopping the other in the middle of the hallways after lunch would be a smart idea. It was not.

“I don’t want it, thank you,” Yoongi furrowed his brows, “Give them to Jane.”

Hoseok puffed his cheeks and forced the roses into the other’s arms. “Come on take them, I bought them just for you.”

Yoongi stared at the flowers and winced. “I swear I don’t want to carry around stuff like that.”

“Rejecting my love, why,” Hoseok whined and clung on the elder’s arm, “Just take them for now, I’ll allow you to give them away later.”

Yoongi had no nerve to discuss with Hoseok right now so he just grabbed the roses and made a face.

“Aw!”

Hoseok grinned and leaned forward, grabbing the other’s cheeks. Yoongi thought this was just another over dramatic act when suddenly, Hoseok leaned in and pressed a quick kiss on his lips.

“Ew,” Yoongi grimaced and took a step back, “Now what was that for?”

“You accepted my heart, so I thought this was appropriate,” Hoseok shrugged and then grinned, “If you fall for me now I’ll accept your heart gladly, too.”

“Oh my god go away,” Yoongi rolled his eyes and slapped his arm.

Hoseok giggled and leaned in again, but Yoongi quickly dodged so the other’s lips only met his cheek.

“See you later,” Hoseok chirps and forms a heart with his hands, “I looove you.”

Yoongi just rolled his eyes while watching Hoseok diving into the mass of bodies, disappearing somewhere in the direction of the charms class rooms. Somehow he really wondered why he was friends with him.

Some girls were passing him with loud giggles, not even hiding their staring at him but after Yoongi shot them a glare they all paled and quickly disappeared around the corner. The image he had as Slytherin’s prefect was still kind of helpful.

His gaze wandered over the students in the hallway and somehow caught two persons standing at the very end and staring at him, a boy with bright white hair and another, notably shorter one with black hair and chubby cheeks.

Yoongi tilted his head and instinctively went closer, smiling when his eyes met with the dark haired’s ones.

“Hi Jimin,” he greeted and stared at the younger.

“U-um hi Yoongi,” the other bit his lower lip, his eyes trailing from his face to his roses, “T-those are nice.”

“Hmm?”

Yoongi was not sure what it was, but something in Jimin’s look seemed a bit off. As if he was bothered by something.

“You think so?” Yoongi waved with the roses, “Hoseok kinda forced them on me actually. I have no idea what crazy stuff is going on in his mind.”

The white haired boy next to Jimin suddenly huffed and then turned around right on spot, storming off in some random direction.

Jimin bit his lower lip and stared after his friend with a worried expression on his face.

“Xero’s kind of … sensitive whenever something’s about Hoseok,” he explained slowly, “I don’t know why though …”

“Could it be –“ Yoongi started when suddenly, a student bumped into his back.

Yoongi stumbled over his feet and the roses dropped out of his hold but he managed to catch his balance last minute and not embarrass himself completely.

“I’m so sorry!” the student who bumped into him bowed almost 90 degree and seemed seriously scared, “I didn’t mean to – I’m sorry!”

Yoongi furrowed his brows and was about to reply something when the student already hastily strut away, face snow white.

“What…?” Yoongi mumbled and turned back to Jimin, noticing the other had already bent down and picked up the roses.

“H-here!” Jimin stammered and extended his arms, “Your roses!”

“Keep them.”

“What?” Jimin’s eyes widened, “B-but those are yours –“

“Keep them,” Yoongi repeated and smiled, “I don’t need them, so keep them. I didn’t even get you a card, so I guess this is the least I can do.”

Jimin’s cheeks coloured instantly and he stared at the roses with shining eyes.

“Thank you …”




“I love you Kim Taehyung, be my valentine!”

Jungkook shook his head and then cleared his throat.

“Be my valentine Kim Taehyung, let’s spend the rest of our lives together!”

“Mate, don’t you think this is a bit too much?” Yugyeom leaned over him and gave him a weird glance through the mirror, “You’re not even dating that guy yet.”

“But I will,” Jungkook declared and fixed his hair, “After today, everything will be clear – I’ll confess, we start dating and then we’ll be a couple forever.”

“Well, your confidence definitely doesn’t lack,” Yugyeom mumbled and took a step back, “I’m late for my date, so see you later I guess?”

Jungkook didn’t even pay any attention to him. He was on a mission, an important mission. It was Valentine’s Day after all, the perfect day to finally confess. Things went slightly back to normal after the Christmas card incident so Jungkook considered his hopes high. After all he was good looking and Taehyung wasn’t in a relationship – at least Jungkook assumed that.

He knew Taehyung’s time table – he did not stalk him of course, Jungkook just happened to take a look at it during their last Care of Magical Creatures class and mesmerized it just like that. So, today he’s going to grab his chance for sure.

Jungkook mentally repeated the spells he prepared while walking through the empty hallways. He knew Taehyung’s charms class was about to end in a couple of minutes, perfect timing for him then. It was the last class on this very fluffy Valentines Day, and Jungkook passed quite a few couples who were skipping to spend the time for themselves, all up in each other’s arms with pink and red flowers practically everywhere.

Which was just so boring. Flowers, cards, anyone could do that. Jungkook was going to confess way cooler than that.

The door to the charms classrooms opened and Jungkook perked up, wand raised and all ready.

Chattering students made their way outside, fourth year Hufflepuffs mixed with fourth year Ravenclaws, and Jungkook tried his best to spot the significant purple hair. Some Hufflepuffs were giving him weird looks he successfully ignored and Jungkook quickly ducked his head when he noticed Jean with a couple of friends, who still managed to give him a death glare. Well not that Jungkook cared, Jean was just another scarify on his way to true love.

“Taehyung come on, I don’t wanna be late for dinner or Seokjin makes us sit at the very end of the table again,”

Jungkook excitedly jumped up and pointed his wand right at the door, ready to literally charm the person who’s about to step outside.

“Um I thought we –“

Jungkook flicked his wand and a purple spell hit the tie blue and bronze tie of the student. There was a loud chirping, as if birds were flying over them, and hundreds of hearts exploded right on the student’s chest. Confetti was flying from the ceiling and golden bubbles burst all around them. Then, there was a loud fanfare and the exploding hearts formed words in the air in front of them.

“Be My Valentine”

“Um,” the Ravenclaw said and tilted his head, “That’s – unexpected.”

Jungkook blinked, once, twice. It was Choi Junhong, Ravenclaw’s seeker and also definitely not Kim Taehyung.

“Noooooo,” Jungkook wailed and threw his hands in the air, “What are you doing here?!”

“Well this is my class –“ Junhong stopped when the door opened again and Taehyung stepped outside.

The purple haired stared at them with wide eyes, then at the hearts who still wrote “Be My Valentine” in the air. His lips opened slightly and there was clear confusion written on his face.

“Taehyung, it’s not –“ Jungkook started when the Ravenclaw snapped his fingers.

“Ah!” Taehyung declared and nodded, “I understand, you like Junhong!”

Jungkook choked and quickly raised his hands. “A-actually no, the one I like is –“

“I’m late for the milk pudding,” Taehyung interrupted nonchalantly and waved his hand, “Have fun at your date.”

Junhong furrowed his brows, stared after Taehyung, then to Jungkook, and finally to the hearts all around him.

“I see!” he suddenly grinned and pointed at the other, “You messed this up, didn’t you? Now Taehyung thinks you like me, oh my god this is gold! I’m totally supporting this!”

And with that he ran after the other, cackling almost manically while disappearing in the direction of the great hall.

Meanwhile Jungkook felt like crying from frustration.




It was late, the library was almost empty and Seokjin loved it.

Finally a place without giggly students, without rose petals and flying confetti and singing and dancing statues – yes it happened and Seokjin couldn’t believe to what ridiculous actions students in love are actually possible. Right when he excited his last class someone actually let hearts explode all over the hallway and Seokjin did his best to avoid it.

There were some girls who confessed to him over the day, with chocolate and self-made cards and Seokjin thanked all of them with a smile and a handshake but in all honesty, it’s not like receiving love confessions and cards who either sang or farted in his face (the last one was most definitely a prank by Hyosang) was his favourite past time. He didn’t mind, of course not, but somewhere along all those people giving him cards because they like him, Seokjin thought how nice it’d be if he got a card from a person he actually liked.

Not like Seokjin had anyone in particular in his mind of course.

His eyes scanned over the pages of various books about brewing potions, trying to find the answers to the essay he’s working on right now. Professor Slughorn thought it’d be cute (yes he actually used that word) to write essays over the most popular love potions so here he was, gathering information about the Amortentia and feeling kind of stupid listing all the signs of love.

Sweating hands, he wrote, butterflies in the belly, increasing heartbeat.

Seokjin felt tired. It was late, the candles in front of him were tainting the library in a faint light and the only sound that could be heard was the faint whispering of two Hufflepuffs huddled over a book at the other end.

Seokjin closed his eyes, chin resting on the book, and his thoughts wandered back to that night almost two months ago. He was not sure if that was something to be proud of, but he actually managed to avoid Kim Namjoon ever since that night, the Christmas ball.

“Well, that was unexpected.”

“Probably, but I really felt like it. Sorry.”

“Sorry?”

“Ah, never mind. So, um, Stephanie’s actually waiting for me downstairs, I just –“

“Sure. Sure, go back to her.”

“You sound – mad again?”

“No, it’s ok, go. Just like after the date, right? It doesn’t matter in the end, so go back to Stephanie.”

“What – this is not what I said.”

“But what you meant.”


It all replayed in Seokjin’s mind over and over again, Namjoon’s narrowed eyes, how he wanted to say something but no words were coming out of his mouths and then Seokjin rushing off, leaving him behind. Maybe it was his fault, Seokjin thought, maybe he shouldn’t have said those things. But if this, the kiss, actually mattered, Namjoon surely would have reacted differently, wouldn’t he?

Avoiding him over the last month was so easy, too easy. Namjoon was not even trying to talk to him.

Seokjin tilted his head and stared right at the candle in front of him, the way the flame flickered in a non-existent wind.

He heard the footsteps but he didn’t look up, not until the person sat down quietly on the chair next to him, head bending down to lie on the table next to him.

“Hi,” Namjoon said in a deep, raspy tone.

“Hi,” Seokjin replied, “I was just thinking about you.”

“Is this good or bad?” Namjoon asked and chuckled quietly.

“Not sure,” Seokjin blinked, “Why are you here?”

It’s almost ridiculous, how Namjoon just appeared here, unfairly good looking with the light of the candle highlighting his bright blonde hair and his tanned skin. Seokjin stared right in his dark eyes and the attraction he felt to the other almost frightened him. His palms got sweaty.

“I asked Stephanie and she told me you went to work at the library,” Namjoon said slowly, “I waited in front of your common room, but after you didn’t show up I went in here. I can’t believe you study until such a late hour.”

“I need to get this done,” Seokjin mumbled.

There were butterflies in his belly.

“You’re really duteous, wow,” Namjoon grinned and then, he reached out and placed something in front of them on the desk, “I actually wanted to give this to you.”

Seokjin blinked and stared at the small object in front of him. It was the small model of a dragon with scarlet red and smooth scales, the very same model he actually looked at months ago.

“The Chinese Fireball,” Seokjin said slowly and reached out to touch it, “You – actually bought it?”

His heartbeat was increasing.

“I went to Hogsmeade during the winter break,” Namjoon said slowly, “I wanted to give it to you sooner but you didn’t seem keen on talking to me, so I decided to wait for Valentine’s Day. It’s a nice … memory of our first date, don’t you think?”

“First date…?” Seokjin repeated slowly.

“You really thought it didn't matter, if I recall correctly?” Namjoon asked with a smirk on his lips.

Seokjin was about to reply but there was already a hand in his hair and then Namjoon conveniently leaned in, pressing their lips together. There’s not much pressure, no need, no rush, no unnecessary excitement, just a soft touch of their lips and Namjoon’s fingers running over his scalp.

It wasn’t even Seokjin’s first kiss, it wasn’t even their first kiss, but it felt like the first one that mattered.

 





NamJin again ending the chapter with a kiss – Taekook again dumb and clueless – Yoonmin again secretly courting and rambling nonsense. No shame in my game. (I’m so sorry if this gets annoying orz)

Leave your thoughts, I’m excited to read your opinions ^-^

xxx