Follow Me

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"Hesitate for only a moment. If you lose focus for a single moment, you’ll get eaten up. So run here and there, set a fire"

Got7 - Follow Me

 

“What are you doing?”

Yoongi stopped and raised an eyebrow at the student crouched down on the floor behind a statue he never really noticed before.

“Shhh,” Hoseok put a finger on his lips and gestured him to sit down next to him, “I’m investigating!”

“Investigating?” Yoongi furrowed his brows and slumped down, “What exactly?”

“The bathroom!” Hoseok said dramatically, “Remember, BPS! I started with the first mission!”

“I don’t really think staring at the bathroom like that is actually helpful though,” Yoongi rolled his eyes and leaned his back against the wall, “What do you expect, someone mysterious walking inside?”

“Well, maybe?” Hoseok shrugged and pulled the other prefect closer so they both hid behind the statue, “So far I realised only girls are using this bathroom.”

“You do know this is a girls’ bathroom, right?” Yoongi snorted and tugged on the other’s robes, “Also, personal space please.”

“Eh?” Hoseok turned his head and made a dramatically pouting face, “Are you – rejecting my affection?”

“What?” Yoongi leaned even more away.

“Yoongiiii,” Hoseok wailed and threw himself at the other, investigations obviously completely forgotten, “Aren’t we close? Don’t you like to hug me or something? Do my touches feel weird?”

“I’d seriously feel slightly worried if I didn’t know you like Jane,” Yoongi rolled his eyes and flicked the other’s forehead, “How did the ball even go?”

He expected Hoseok to beam, to start one of his endless chatters, involving wide arm gestures and way too many annoying sounds. But what he definitely didn’t expect was Hoseok’s expression to falter and his arms dropping on the floor.

“Um,” Hoseok mumbled and avoided Yoongi’s look, “It’s was ok … I guess …”

“Hmm?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow, “Not satisfying your expectations?”

“Well, not really,” Hoseok sighed and flopped into an almost lying position, head resting on Yoongi’s shoulder, “You know mate, it was actually so weird. I’m crushing on Jane for a really long time now and I thought dancing with her will be everything. But then, when we actually danced, it was not. It was nothing special, I didn’t feel super ecstatic next to her nor was her hand on my waist something which left me breathless or something. This is so messed up actually, I finally got the chance to be close to her, but then this happens!”

“Wait a second though,” Yoongi furrowed his brows, “Didn’t you drop your mug when she touched your shoulder last year? Didn’t you tell me rainbows and shooting stars appeared when she sat next to you during lunch?”

“Mate, I don’t get it either,” Hoseok sighed again and dramatically puffed his cheeks, “It was all that, but it’s not anymore! I really don’t feel special with her. Why though? Did my crush somehow die down in the middle of waiting for her or something? Can people not crush on the same person for too long?”

“I’m not a love expert,” Yoongi started slowly.

“No ,” Hoseok laughed.

Yoongi shot him a glare. “Shut up. Anyways, we had enough stories in History of Magic of wizards being in love for like decades with that one girl. So I’m pretty sure it is possible to crush on a person for long.”

“But what is it then?” Hoseok seemed very distressed, “It’s not like I woke up and decided not to crush on her anymore. She is perfect after all, I want to crush on her!”

Yoongi tilted his head and gave him a look.

“What?” Hoseok asked.

“Could it be,” Yoongi began slowly, “that you’ve fallen for someone else?”

“What?” Hoseok repeated, “No? What are you saying?”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “I’m saying that maybe you met some other girl which completely caught you off guard and you fell for her instead. Like, for example, Stephanie.”

“Stephanie?” Hoseok now raised both eyebrows, “Mate, what are you even saying? I like her as a friend. I’m definitely not crushing on her.”

“Well, then maybe someone else?” Yoongi suggested, “Maybe even a boy?”

“Mate,” Hoseok rolled his eyes, “Just because you’re into guys doesn’t mean I’m like that, too.”

Yoongi shot him a very annoyed look.

“That’s not what I was trying to say but ok.”

Hoseok opened his mouth to probably blare another nonsense but a sudden sound made them startle. It was a loud, almost screeching sound, apparently muffled through the thick wall. It made a shiver run down Hoseok’s spine.

“What was that?” they said in unison.

Yoongi quickly moved forward to look around the statue, but the hallway was empty.

“Um,” Hoseok said slowly, “Did that just came – out of the bathroom?”

“I guess so,” Yoongi furrowed his brows, “What was this…? Come on, we should check.”

“Ah, really?” Hoseok didn’t sound too enthusiastic about it.

Yoongi turned his head. “Weren’t you the one who came up with the whole BPS thing? Well, right now something is actually happening.”

“But didn’t that sound dangerous to you?” Hoseok bit his lower lip, “I don’t …

“You don’t what?”

“I don’t want to die yet,” Hoseok said.

“Oh god, are you even serious?” Yoongi groaned and reached out to grab his collar, “Come on, let’s go inside.”

“But Yoongi, we don’t know –“ Hoseok started and almost fell over his feet when Yoongi continued pulling him towards the bathroom, “This is a girls’ bathroom, we just can’t go in there –“

“As if this was a problem to you before,” Yoongi unceremoniously kicked the door open, “Look, it’s empty.”

“Oh my god I’m pissing my pants,” Hoseok gripped hard on the back of his rope, “You sure it’s empty? See that stall over there, isn’t there someone in it?”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and went through the whole bathroom, checking on every stall. It definitely was empty, no students and also no utter chaos like the one he saw last time. Instead, the whole bathroom was empty, giving a kind of weird image with the high mirrors and the huge marble washbasins.

“Wait,” Hoseok, who still stood close to the door, suddenly pointed at one basin, “What is this?”

“Hmm?” Yoongi turned around and went back to him.

“Here,” Hoseok’s face was pale while he took a step closer, pointing at something on the sink, “It looks like … hair? White hair?”

“White hair?” Yoongi furrowed his brows, “What?”

He reached out and took a hold of something which really felt like glossy, white hair. It wasn’t too long, around five centimetres, and felt soft on Yoongi’s palm. But something was weird about it. It felt different to Yoongi’s own hair, strangely different.

“Did someone enter?” Yoongi furrowed his brows, “A girl with short white hair? Wait, this sound ridiculous.”

“Um, I didn’t really pay attention though,” Hoseok admitted and shifted his weight, “You know, we talked.”

“Right,” Yoongi sighed, “Well, let’s note this down. We heard a very loud, very weird sound –“

“Almost like a roar!” Hoseok said.

“– we heard a loud roar,” Yoongi continued, “And then we found white hair on one sink. Oh my god, I feel like we’re part of some idiotic detective story.”

“It’s a step,” Hoseok said, “A step towards the goal of the BPS, protect the bathroom!”

“Protect the bathroom from what exactly,” Yoongi mumbled, “Hair?”

He followed Hoseok out of the bathroom and hoped he never had to tell anyone about the things he’s doing now. Playing detectives in girls’ bathrooms isn’t exactly what he likes to claim as his favourite pastime.

“Hey!” Hoseok suddenly stopped and raised his arm, pointing at someone in the mass of students.

Yoongi didn’t even realise they were back in the entrance hall.

“Hey!” Hoseok shouted again, “Xero!”

A boy, apparently a Hufflepuff, materialised out of the mass of bodies and walked in their direction with a small smile on his face.

“Hi,” the boy, Xero, said and tilted his head, “Nice to see you, Hoseok. How was Christmas?”

“Aw, why so formal,” Hoseok laughed and slung an arm around his shoulder, “I actually want to compliment you. I watched your performance during the ball and it was really cool!”

“Thank you,” Xero mumbled and Yoongi noticed the tip of his ears turning red.

“Come, eat with Yoongi and me!” Hoseok announced and grabbed Yoongi’s sleeve, who tried to use the moment to escape, “We’re eating at the Slytherin table together –“

“We do?” Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

“– and you should totally join us!” Hoseok ended.

Xero’s gaze wandered from him to Yoongi and his dark eyes were kind of piercing.

“So you’re Min Yoongi, Slytherin’s prefect?” Xero asked and the smile on his face slightly widened.

“Well yes I am,” Yoongi didn’t really know where this was going.

“I see,” Xero turned back to Hoseok, “Sorry, but I promised Jimin and the rest to eat with them. I’ll see you at training, ok?”

Yoongi was momentarily distracted by the fact he’s friends with Jimin, but not distracted enough to miss the way Hoseok was staring after him. Interesting.

And also not distracted enough to miss the fact Xero’s hair was fluffy and of a striking white colour. Indeed, very interesting. He’ll decide what to do with that information later.

Yoongi tilted his head and dodged Hoseok’s arm aimed for his shoulder.

“I hope you at least won’t ditch me, mate,” Hoseok said dramatically and pulled him inside the great hall.

“I wish I could,” Yoongi mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing.”




Jungkook was in a bad mood. Second day at school, double period potions and he managed to fail everything possible.

First he mixed up the ingredients, Yugyeom constantly tugging on his sleeve with a nervous expression on his face and reminding him what to use. Jungkook furrowed his brows and tried hard to focus on the instructions written on the black board but he couldn’t really focus.

Professor Slughorn sighed when he inspected his cauldron and Jungkook felt his ears turning red.

The Slytherins Jungkook absolutely could not stand snickered on the other table and Jungkook shot glares in their direction.

“No,” Yugyeom groaned and took his hand, stopping him from adding salamander blood to his potion, “Water, you have to add more water first. Your potion is way too viscous.”

Jungkook nodded and quickly reached out for the tub with water on his left, maybe a bit too quick actually. The heavy tub slipped out of his fingers and spilled all over the table, Yugyeom jumping back to avoid the flood but Jungkook could only blink, eyes wide while the water drenched his robes and extinguished the fire below his cauldron.

“Mr. Jeon,” Professor Slughorn gave him a stern look, “Please be more careful. Brewing potions is all about accuracy and precision, so I recommend you paying more attention to what you’re doing.”

The Slytherins started snickering again and Jungkook felt his blood boiling.

“I’m sorry, Sir,” he said and bowed slightly, “I’ll work harder.”

He turned around and lifted his wand, trying to dry himself with what he thought was a drying spell. But seemed like he shouldn’t rely on his magical abilities on that day.

There was a puff and a scream and chaos ensued.




“You set Yugyeom on fire?!”

Namjoon looked like he tried to decide whether to laugh or to be shocked, raised eyebrows disappearing below his fringe and lips curled while he tried to hold back his rat back from drowning itself in the orange juice. Jackson next to him stared at them with his jaw hanging low, the fact students are setting each other on fire without him being involved completely beyond him. Mark on the other hand seemed kind of scared and moved slightly away from Jungkook, as if he feared the younger was about to set him on fire, too.

“So what,” Jungkook puffed his cheeks, “It wasn’t on purpose.”

Yugyeom next to him didn’t look that amused, even though Professor Slughorn quickly reversed the damage there was still a smell of burnt hair following him.

Jackson dramatically shook his head and pulled Yugyeom closer.

“You really should stay away from him when he’s moody,” he told the younger, “What was even the matter?”

“Are you seriously asking?” Yugyeom rolled his eyes, “Kim Taehyung of course.”

There was a mix of laughing and collective eye rolling going on at the Gryffindor table and Jungkook’s grip on his fork tightened.

“He ignored me!” Jungkook defended himself, “I was on the way to potions class with Yugyeom and he was walking in the opposite direction, passing us right in the hallway and not even looking in my direction! He’s disgusted with me now because of the Christmas card! This is horrible, who would even blame me if I’m distressed afterwards?”

“Did he really ignore him?” Jackson asked Yugyeom.

“I’m pretty sure he just didn’t notice us,” the younger sighed.

“Oh he surely did!” Jungkook exclaimed, “He was ignoring me, I know it! What should I do now, I feel like I’ll never be able to look into his eyes again! I’ll forever be doomed loving him from a far distance but can’t get close and then I’ll never find true love and end up alone and my whole life is just one big disaster!”

Namjoon exchanged a glance with Jackson and shook his head.

“Seriously, you’re like the only person I know who freaks out over a crush like that,” he says.

Right at that moment a group of Ravenclaws passed their table with Park Jinyoung right in the middle, the black haired raising his hand and smiling.

“Hi Mark!”

There was a clang and Mark’s full mug hit the table, spilling pumpkin juice practically everywhere.

“– and I take it back,” Namjoon rolled his eyes and placed Diesel on his lap, “Seriously, what’s up with you guys? Aren’t Gryffindor’s supposed to be brave and stuff?”

Mark stared down at the table with coloured cheeks and quickly flicked his wand to clean the mess.

“I am brave!” Jungkook seemed pretty offended and crossed his arms.

“Then talk with Taehyung about the card,” Namjoon demanded.

“I will!” Jungkook felt like he’s going to regret that soon, “I am going to talk with Taehyung about the card, you’ll see!”

Namjoon seemed amused, “Really? A serious, man to man talk?”

“A serious man to man talk!” Jungkook declared.




“U-um so h-how was your C-christmas?”

Taehyung looked up, his hands still caressing Cracker’s fur and his head slightly tilted.

“It was nice,” he said slowly, “Friends came to visit. Why are you sweating?”

“O-oh,” Jungkook stammered and quickly wiped his face with his sleeve, “It’s very w-warm, isn’t it?”

They were outside as usual, their Care of Magical Creatures class in front of Hagrid’s hut with all students huddled together, trying to shield themselves as best as possible from the icy wind while they took care of their kneazles. Taehyung wrinkled his nose.

“I don’t think so?”

Jungkook mentally slapped himself and tried to maintain at least a slightly cool image. This wasn’t too difficult, he just had to talk with Taehyung about the card, clear the misunderstandings and everything. Nothing the golden Jeon Jungkook couldn’t do.

“Ah w-well,” Jungkook cleared his throat and stared down at their kneazle, “D-did you by any chance get my, um, c-card?”

“I did,” Taehyung nodded and ran his fingers through Cracker’s fur, “It was very … considerate. My friends read it too.”

Things were getting worse and worse. Jungkook felt his face burning and decided to avoid anyone in Taehyung’s company for like forever.

“You s-see,” Jungkook mentally cursed himself for his constant stuttering because seriously, “I actually, err, you know the card –“

“Oh?” Taehyung lifted his head and a smile formed on his lips, “It’s snowing.”

Jungkook paused and stared at the white snowflakes, slowly making their way down from the sky and then landing on Taehyung’s bright purple hair. He looked especially beautiful like this, with the white all around him, and the rectangle smile on his face while he grinned up at the sky.

And snowflake landed on Taehyung’s cheek and before Jungkook could even stop himself, he already reached out, shivering fingers touching the other’s cheek softly and wiping the flake away.

Taehyung stared at him, blinking rapidly, and Jungkook knew he was doomed. How should he even maintain his sanity around this guy?

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook quickly removed his hand, “I, um –“

“Well hello,” an incredibly tall boy suddenly appeared next to them and Jungkook remembered him as Ravenclaw’s seeker, “Are you done, Tae?”

The tall boy naturally walked up to Taehyung and then paused and stared at Jungkook. “Wait, are you the guy who sent Tae here that hilarious Christmas card?”

Apparently, he was in their Care of Magical Creatures class and also one of Taehyung’s said friends.

Jungkook felt his face burning. “So?”

“Hmm, nothing,” the boy grinned and rested his hand on Taehyung’s shoulder, “I just wanted to see the boy who’s missing Taehyung’s, um if I quote correctly, booty.”

Jungkook probably never felt this uncomfortable but seems like he wasn’t the only one.

“Junhong, what..?” Taehyung mumbled and shrugged his hand off, “What are you doing here? Don’t you have other classes?”

So apparently he was not a part of their Care of Magical Creatures class. Jungkook felt shockingly uninformed.

“Now? All classes ended already,” Junhong grinned and pointed around them, only a few students still left with their kneazles, “I came to pick you up, but you’re busy with your friend here I see.”

Jungkook felt slightly offended.

“You can go, I’ll go back with Jungkook,” Taehyung mumbled and caressed Cracker’s head.

Not anymore.

He couldn’t stop the wide beam on his face, not even when Junhong gave him a weird look. Taehyung still wanted to hang out with him, Taehyung still liked him – in a bro to bro way, but Jungkook’s not complaining.

He was so glad he even reached out to hug Cracker, which turned out to be a bad decision considering the long scratch on his face afterwards, but Jungkook’s happiness was unstoppable right now.
 


 

Hmm. Winter breaks over, the plot is moving fast and still there’s nothing really happening orz. I have something planned, I promise, but it’ll take some time to unfold. Hope you’re still willing to stay :)

Leave your thoughts and have a nice week!

xxx