Play With Me

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"Listen carefully, I can only see you. My heart for you is at a hot temperature, I won’t ever deceive you or cheat on you, trust me"

Cross Gene - Play With Me


 

Slytherin was always known to be the cool, reserved and maybe a bit arrogant house. The students were smart, disciplined and proud of the fact they’re not as idiotic and loud as the other houses. Slytherin was always known for that, and Yoongi seriously questioned what happened to that Slytherin.

He wasn’t really in the best mood when Himchan woke him way too early this morning, blaring obnoxiously in his ear because he needed advice on his outfit.

“What the ,” Yoongi said when Himchan raised two differently coloured shirts, “You’re going to wear your robes anyway, why does it even matter.”

“It totally matters, because I have a date this afternoon and I’ll take my robes off then? Do you wear your robes the whole day, eh?” Himchan snorted and shook his head dismissively, “So, the blue or the red one?”

“How should I know?” Yoongi retorted, “You’re the diva here, aren’t you?”

“I only need your advice, don’t act so prissy,” Himchan furrowed his brows, “You’re gay after all, aren’t gays supposed to be good in this?”

Yoongi’s left eyelid twitched.

“What…?”

A sock came flying through the room and hit Himchan right in the face.

“Shut the up, it’s five in the morning and I wanna sleep,” Taekwoon grumbled from his bed.

“Yeah, I wanna sleep too,” Yoongi emphasized and pulled his duvet over his head, “Sort your fashion problems out yourself, I swear.”

Himchan continued moping around and it needed a silencio spell from Taekwoon to finally make him keep quiet, which of course annoyed him even more.

“You’re a bad gay, you know?” Himchan announced when Yoongi sat down next to him at breakfast.

“What is that even supposed to mean?” Yoongi frowned and loaded his plate with toast.

“Why is Yoongi a bad gay?” Chaerin looked up from her tea and tilted her head, “Are you still beating around the bush with that Hufflepuff?”

“Oh, that too!” Himchan accusingly raised his finger at him, “I swear, you’re crushing on that boy for ages now and guess what – he’s still not your boyfriend.”

Baekhyun next to him cackled but stopped quickly after Yoongi shot him a glare.

“Are you shy, Yoongi?” Caroline suggested and smiled at him, arms wrapped around her fluffy white cat, “Are you afraid he’ll reject you? I don’t think you have to worry, I’ve got the feeling he likes you too.”

“Listen to our Caroline here,” Himchan grinned and slung an arm around her shoulders, to which she furrowed her brows, “You just have to man up, aren’t you our prefect after all?”

“And you have to stay out of what’s not your business,” Yoongi grumbled and spread jam all over his toasts, “I’ll deal with it.”

“Yeah and then you’ll confess like on your last day here and leave him hanging on the answer because you’ll have to catch the train,” Himchan rolled his eyes, “Leave it to us.”

“What no –“ Yoongi protested but it was too late.

Himchan already lifted his chin and looked around, before reaching out and grabbing a student by his collar.

“Hi Jimin!” he greeted with his ceshire cat grin, “Why don’t you sit with us?”

“Uh,” the fourth year fumbled with his robes and blushed when he realised all Slytherins were staring at him, “O-ok?”

Yoongi groaned and buried his face in his hands.

“Come, sit over here,” Himchan continued obnoxiously and pushed the younger down by his shoulders, hands ruffling his fluffy brown hair, “You look really cute today! Don’t you think so too, Yoongi?”

Yoongi groaned again.

“Sure,” he mumbled without looking up. Park Jimin looked cute every day after all.

“Thank you,” Jimin mumbled with red ears and reached out for the bowl with the porridge.

Himchan high fived with Chaerin behind his back and Yoongi was so very tempted hexing the hell out of him.

“Aren’t you Hufflepuff’s seeker?” Krystal leaned over from the other side, her long blond hair grazing her face delicately, “You did really well at the last match!”

Jimin blushed and stared down at his plate.

“Shh Krystal, don’t distract him,” Himchan said and waved his hands, “Progress with Yoongi, that is what we want.”

“Shut up,” Yoongi muttered and slowly turned his head so his cheek was pressed on his hands, facing Jimin on his side, “The next match is already your final one, isn’t it?”

“Yes actually,” Jimin smiled and quickly snatched a toast from Yoongi’s plate, “We’re playing against Gryffindor, I hope you’ll come and cheer for me again?”

“Sure,” Yoongi said with half a smile on his lips, “I’ll always cheer for you.”

It was easy to ignore other students with the way Jimin’s cheeks coloured and a beautiful smile formed on his lips, a sparkle in his eyes making it extra hard to look away. Yoongi reached out and softly curled his fingers around the younger’s wrist, enjoying the way the other’s skin felt soft and warm in his hold.

“Way too go, Yoongi,” Himchan breathed loudly in his neck. Yoongi reached out and shoved his face away.

The other Slytherins giggled and it wasn’t that easy ignoring their presence anymore.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and straightened, reaching out for whatever toasts were still left on his plate.

“Jimin, I was wondering,” he started slowly and contemplated whether or not continuing.

“Yeah?” Jimin smiled innocently at him and mixed his porridge with cereals.

“You know, when that incident with the love potion happened,” Yoongi said and noticed the younger breathing in sharply, “Hoseok said something interesting.”

“He d-did?” Jimin bit his lower lip and looked extra adorable, shoulders sacked and cheeks puffed while he shyly glanced at the other.

“Yeah,” Yoongi nodded thoughtfully, “It was about you – and confessing? To me?”

Jimin blushed all kinds of red and Yoongi grinned to himself. The way the other Slytherins excitedly whispered all around them made this situation slightly awkward though.

“Um,” Jimin poked his spoon in the porridge, “Don’t know where he got that idea from …”

Yoongi laughed and tilted his head. “Yeah, how could that be possibly true, right?”

Himchan threw his hands in the air and beckoned him with wide hand movements to go on, but Yoongi was satisfied with this, how he made Jimin’s cheek colour in a delicate red, how their shoulders brushed slightly and their ankles pressed together.

He wanted to take Jimin away to somewhere in secret and stay with him right here in public, contradictory needs which made his head spin a little. In the end he simply settled to softly take his hand and entwine their fingers below the table, Jimin’s face blushing in an even darker shade of red while he continued staring down on his plate.

Yoongi smiled and focused back on his food, his thumb grazing slowly over the back of Jimin’s hand.

“Beating around the bush,” Himchan hissed lowly and Yoongi gave him a kick against the shin.

Staying like this seemed perfectly fine at the moment.




“I have like five different tactics already worked out and we will test each one of them during the next training,” Tony seemed inappropriately excited and poked his finger right in Jungkook’s chest, “You know, I hate to admit it but we mostly rely on you. Any crashing incident, any weird stuff, any possibility you won’t catch that snitch, and your is definitely kicked out of the team.”

“Sure, whatever,” Jungkook mumbled and pressed his lips together, “What is even wrong with you, we won the last match just fine.”

“Yeah, because Slytherin was an oh so difficult opponent,” Tony rolled his eyes and snorted, “And I still wouldn’t call the win just fine.”

Jungkook neither, but it wasn’t on him to admit that right now. Memories of himself almost falling from his broomstick and knocking Slytherin’s seeker out in progress, which somehow even lead to him catching the snitch, flashed his mind and Jungkook couldn’t really say he came out well on that.

“Don’t give me that face,” Tony said and furrowed his brows, “You know, my image as the best Quidditch captain was completely destroyed last year, and whose fault was it? Yours. Do you know how hard it is to keep the image up as the perfect guy?”

“Who’s a perfect guy?” Yugyeom cut in, leaning over with a curious expression on his face.

“I am, who else?” Tony replied rather irritated, “Also, you guys have to get your together too – Ravenclaw may have lost against Hufflepuff, but that doesn’t mean they’re an easy opponent. And I want no excuses just because you’re somehow romantically involved with certain Ravenclaws, you hear me?”

Jungkook choked hard on his pumpkin juice but Tony wasn’t even looking at him, instead he gave Mark a glare who turned almost as red as his hair.

“You’re so nice today Tony, wow,” Namjoon grinned and leaned over, slinging an arm around Jungkook’s neck and placing Diesel on his lap, “Instead of being all intimidating, shouldn’t you encourage us to give our best maybe?”

“There’s no such thing as encouragement when you guys continue playing like you did in the last match,” Tony replied with a sharp edge in his voice and tugged on Namjoon’s sleeve, “You weren’t that good either, you know?”

Namjoon only shrugged while watching their prefect leaving, a bright grin still prominent on his lips.

“You’re awfully happy lately, you know?” Jungkook informed him and chopped his food with his knife, imagining it was Tony’s head.

“What’s wrong with that?” Namjoon replied and chuckled, reaching out for the hotpot.

“Nothing,” Jungkook tilted his head and stopped Diesel from where he was trying to slip below his sweater , “Just – did something happen?”

It took Namjoon quite a while to answer. “Maybe? And look, there’s your crush!”

“Where?” Jungkook immediately lifted his head and grinned when he spotted Taehyung making his way through the crowd, “We’ll talk later, I have to go!”

Namjoon didn’t even on that, instead he took Diesel back and smiled warmly at the younger, which was definitely more than suspicious. But Jungkook would deal with that later, there were way more important things at that moment after all.

“Taehyung!” Jungkook called a bit breathless and walked up to the purple haired, “Where are you going?”

“Hmm?” the Ravenclaw stared at him for a good couple of seconds before tilting his head slightly, “I’ll look after Cracker. He’s our kneazle, remember?”

Jungkook scratched his neck in slight embarrassment, admitting to himself that he didn’t exactly care about that kneazle as much as he thought he would. Even though spending more time with Cracker meant spending more time with Taehyung which honestly should be appealing enough.

“Sure, I was just about to check on him, too,” Jungkook lied effortlessly and beamed at Taehyung while the walked down the hills, “By the way, are you okay? No after-effects from the whole love potion incident?”

“No, I –“ Taehyung paused and furrowed his brows, “Oh. Great you mention this.”

His face expression turned serious while the stopped in front of Hagrid’s hut, one hand reaching out to hold on Jungkook’s sleeve.

“W-why?” Jungkook stuttered and felt his mind running crazy.

Did Taehyung want to talk about the way Jungkook shouted at him? The way Jungkook knocked Hoseok off his feet and guarded Taehyung to the hospital wing? The way this could be interpreted as an indirect confession and now Taehyung wanted to tell him he feels the same and –

“Seokjin was really sorry for everything that happened,” Taehyung said and shrugged, “So he gave me the password to the prefects’ bathroom as an apology. I was wondering –“

Oh my god was Taehyung suggesting they should go to the prefects’ bathroom together? Jungkook felt his knees getting wobbly and blurry images appeared in front of his vision, each of them making his heart race a bit faster.

“– we should maybe take Cracker to the bathroom,” Taehyung finished, “I heard the bathtub is quite big in there and he will surely enjoy it.”

“Wait what?” Jungkook was violently dragged out of his euphoric moment and stared at the other in utter disbelief, “Cracker? To the prefects’ bathroom? Why?”

“Why not?” Taehyung replied and reached out to free the kneazle from its cage, “Kneazles like water. What were you thinking?”

“Nothing,” Jungkook quickly shook his head, “Absolutely nothing – this sounds like a great idea, so let’s go then?”

Taehyung gave him one last look before nodding, arms wrapped around the kneazle and following him back to the castle.

Jungkook never actually used the prefects’ bathroom, of course not because he’s no prefect after all and asking Tony for the password would be such a waste of time. But Taehyung seemed to at least know the way, guiding them through the hallways to the fifth floor and stopping next to the statue of a weird looking wizard.

There was a pause, with Taehyung apparently thinking hard about the password, when suddenly the door opened by itself and a girl with long blond hair, arms wrapped around a white fluffy cat, appeared, the tie and badge giving her away as Slytherin’s female prefect.

“Oh,” Taehyung blinked and stared at the cat, “Were you bathing your cat, too?”

The girl seemed rather confused and furrowed her brows. “What are you doing here? You’re no prefects, right?”

“We have the permission from Seokjin,” Jungkook said quickly, even though this was only slightly true.

“I see?”

The girl still looked rather sceptical, but before anyone could reply to that, Cracker suddenly wriggled in Taehyung’s grip and hissed loudly.

“Woops would you look at that, we better should go inside already,” Jungkook quickly grabbed Taehyung’s wrist and dragged him to the open door, “Cracker seems pretty impatient, doesn’t he?”

“This isn’t impatience, it actually looks like he’s –“ Taehyung started, but was cut short when Jungkook waved at the prefect and locked the door behind them, “That was rather rude, you know?”

“Well, wasn’t it your idea to take Cracker in here?” Jungkook replied, “Also, wouldn’t want her to report us to any teachers, right?”

Taehyung nodded slowly and then placed Cracker on the floor, the kneazle inspecting the bathroom with wary eyes.

“This is so cool by the way,” Jungkook stated while he looked around, staring at the huge bathtub in the middle with the golden bath taps surrounding it and the colourful windows with mermaids peacefully floating around on them.

“Seokjin allowed me to use it more than once,” Taehyung stated nonchalantly and started filling the tub with water and bubble baths from several taps.

Jungkook groaned and ran a hand through his hair. “You like that, don’t you?”

“What?” Taehyung stared at him with an absolute clueless expression.

“Teasing me,” Jungkook muttered and then crouched down next to the tub, “Wow, this filled rather quickly. You think it’s warm enough?”

“Should be,” Taehyung shrugged and beckoned Cracker to come closer, who was currently curled up in one corner of the bathroom, “Come Cracker, you’ll like this.”

“He looks sceptical,” Jungkook declared and grinned while watching the kneazle cautiously poking its nose into the warm water.

Cracker hissed quietly, but nevertheless allowed Taehyung to carefully lift him up and place him in the tub. The water and bubble bath soaked its fur and made him look almost comically, his sharp eyes still with a wary look in it.

“Come on Cracker, you have to swim a bit,” Taehyung encouraged it, leaning forward to pet its head, “You have to – AH!”

Taehyung’s eyes widened and he tried to hold on a tab to steady himself but it was too late, in the next second he already toppled over and landed with a loud splash in the bathtub.

“Taehyung!” Jungkook cried out in panic, “Don’t drown oh my god I’ll save you!”

With that he smoothly jumped into the bathtub himself, arms outstretched to hold on the purple haired.

“Oh my god are you okay oh my god can you swim?” he cried out, shaking the other by his shoulder while frantically struggling with his feet to keep himself over the water. If they drown in here it’ll be totally his fault, he agreed on taking Cracker to the bathroom and now –

“Whasjhdf?” Taehyung spit out a mouthful of water and gave him a funny look, “What – it isn’t that deep. I can stand, can’t you too?”

Oh. Jungkook flushed in embarrassment when he realised the water only reached to the middle of his chest and all his attempts on keeping them from drowning were practically unnecessary.

“Well, now we at least know the water is warm enough for Cracker,” Taehyung mumbled and watched the kneazle floating in between them.

“What?” Jungkook blinked rapidly, but couldn’t really concentrate on what Taehyung was saying.

Instead he was all preoccupied by the way Taehyung’s wet shirt clung on his chest, his hair was plastered all over his forehead and water drops were slowly rolling down his face. They were so close, standing right in front of each other in the bathtub with the faint light tainting Taehyung’s skin in a warm caramel tone.

Jungkook swallowed and fought so hard with himself. He could just reach out, kiss Taehyung just like he wanted to do for so long – but the way Taehyung looked at him made him halt, the innocent, warm look in his eyes. Jungkook didn’t want to rush things, didn’t want to attack Taehyung in a way which could scare him.

So instead he settled on reaching out and wiping a single water drop from Taehyung’s soft cheek.

“I really like you, you know?” Jungkook said and smiled at the Ravenclaw, fingers running through his wet fringe before retreating quickly.

“I like you too,” Taehyung nodded and bent down to pick Cracker up, the kneazle obviously not really impressed with the water, “I like Jimin the best, then you, then Junhong and then Xero!”

“Oh?” Jungkook chuckled and tilted his head, “I have to fight my way to the top then, right?”

Taehyung only blinked at him and took the hand Jungkook offered him to help him out of the tub. Their robes were soaking wet, leaving puddles all over the floor, and Jungkook was pretty sure neither Taehyung nor himself would master the spell to dry themselves.

But it didn’t matter, not with the childish smile on Taehyung’s face while he kicked into the puddles and laughed to himself.

Jungkook wasn’t sure what or how long it will take him to be on top of Taehyung’s list, the person he likes best, but he’s willing to wait, to do everything, because that boy was definitely worth it.
 




Excuse me while I puke some rainbows. The cheesiness oh my god what happened orz. I promised you guys yoonmin and taekook but in the end this turned out to some really sappy couple bonding whatever mess? I’m sorry /hides

Anyways, there are still two Quidditch matches up in the air – Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff vs. Gryffindor so I hope you’re excited for that! (I skipped the Slytherin matches because who has nerves for that)

Ah btw! Lovely KungFuCoffee did a video review for this story – thank you dear /cries waterfalls. Watch it HERE and support her channel guys, she’s super awesome ~~~

I hope everyone is still alive and turns to their dentist soon because that much cavities it really not good for you.

Love you guys!

xxx