Bad

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"Things are getting erased one by one, I can only see you. I’m not afraid of the tomorrow I’ll face"

Infinite - Bad

 

 

“So I checked our suspect,“ Hoseok declared and flipped through the pages in his book, “And – well I’m still not sure. Maybe we should investigate in the direction of –“

“Hold on, what suspect,” Yoongi furrowed his brows and rested his chin on his hands.

“Xero of course,” Hoseok shrugged and pointed his wand at the jar in front of him, “Aguamenti,” a powerful stream shot out of the tip of his wand and hit the back of Seokjin’s head, “So, I talked to him the other day,” he continued as if nothing happened and Seokjin wasn’t sending daggers in his direction, “And I’m pretty sure there was something he didn’t tell me, something he was keeping a secret – from me. Can you believe this?”

“Isn’t he not too fond of you anyway?” Seokjin asked and pointed his wand at his head, hot air streaming out of it to dry his hair, “Every time I saw this kid he was either turning away from you or avoiding you on purpose.”

“But why,” Hoseok puffed his cheeks in frustration, “Does that mean he’s really involved in something – bad?”

“Xero is a fourth year, isn’t he?” Stephanie leaned over to them, brushing the dark curls out of her eyes and pointed her wand at the jar, “Aguamenti,” clear water shot from the tip of her wand and filled the jar.

“Excellent, Miss Kling!” Professor Flitwick squeaked and beamed at her, “Ten points for Ravenclaw. Mister Jung, please practice some more – be careful with the charm, say the incarnation gentle and –“

“The question is,” Stephanie continued after Professor Flitwick left them, “Is a fourth year really able to do all the things we noticed – the destruction of the bathroom, repairing it afterwards, the roar, whatever is going on with the heat inside the marble and everything else – do you really think this is Xero’s work?”

“He’s a parselmouth,” Hoseok said slowly and furrowed his brows, “I mean this doesn’t automatically mean he’s evil or something, but still.”

“Parselmouth,” Seokjin repeated and the grip around his wand tightened, “You know what, this actually rings a bell – something about a parselmouth and a bathroom, I read it in a book – I need to look this up in the library. See you.”

And with that he grabbed his book and left the classroom after a quick wave in Professor Flitwick’s direction who looked totally dumbfounded.  “Good bye professor.” “Wait Mister Kim –“

“Why does he always do that,” Stephanie sighed and pointed her wand at another jar, “Aguamenti. Seriously, waiting for us to come along wouldn’t hurt him that much.”

“Uh I’d rather not accompany Seokjin in the library,” Hoseok rolled his eyes and flicked his wand again, “Aguamenti. Merlin, why does this not work?”

Yoongi cursed and shook the wet strands out of his forehead. “Can’t you like at least point your wand at the jar and not people?”

Hoseok deliberately ignored him and turned his head, checking if anyone was listening but all other students were busy drenching the classroom and themselves.

“On a serious note, I’d rather not suspect Xero – but who else? I mean, besides Yoongi’s weird teacher suspicion –“

“What weird teacher suspicion –“

“We don’t have anyone else and I don’t like having no suspects,” Hoseok sighed dramatically, “Aguamenti. For Merlin’s beard - ”

“Can you please stop this Hoseok?” Stephanie quickly flicked her wand to dry their drenched robes, “And can’t our investigations run without any suspects? I actually think we’re going in the completely wrong direction, instead of trying to find a suspect we should actually focus on what’s wrong with the bathroom.”

“Believe me, I’m pretty sure that’s what Seokjin is doing right now,” Hoseok muttered and pointed his wand at the jar, “Aguamenti,” and to the surprise of everyone, clear, liquid water sprung from the tip of it and accurately filled the jar.




“How would you react if I kiss you right now?”

“What?” Yugyeom paled several ways and tugged onto Daehyun’s sleeve, “Help me, Jungkook’s weird again.”

“I just asked you a simple question,” Jungkook shrugged and followed the other two down the hallway, “How would you react if I –“

“I understood you the first time,” Yugyeom said quickly and stopped right in front of  the portrait of the Fat Lady, “Buttercup.”

“Why thank you,” she said and swung open, allowing them to climb inside the common room.

The room was full of students, sprawled all over the armchairs with books and notes in their arms and on the tables. There was a low humming, first years panicking in one corner while the older students exchanged their studying progress in quiet whispers, and Jungkook didn’t stop to listen to Tony Carter’s oh so important sight on the exams and his all-embracing knowledge on, well, everything.

“I mean, is the question that absurd?” Jungkook continued after they sat down in one corner, Daehyun ungracefully kicking the second years from the armchairs.

“Well, yes it is?” Yugyeom moved a few inches away and furrowed his brows, “What is with you Jungkook, are you feeling alright –“

“You wouldn’t act like everything’s normal, right?” Jungkook continued, his voice shaking a bit, “You would – react, right?”

“Of course I would but please don’t do it,” Yugyeom said and started piling books in front of him, “I would freak me out.”

“Exactly!” Jungkook exclaimed and grabbed Daehyun’s hand, “And you, you would also react, wouldn’t you?”

“Mate, what is wrong with you,” Daehyun sighed and patted Jungkook’s shoulder, “I know, final exams can stress people, and seems like it hit you a bit too hard, but it’ll go away. Just eat a lot, there’s surely going to be lots of apple pie at dinner, and then you feel better.”

“When have exams ever stressed me, I’m golden remember?” Jungkook sighed and leaned his head against the backrest of the chair, “But good, you will see what bugs me at dinner anyway. Let’s eat at Ravenclaw’s table, ok?”

“Sounds good to me,” Daehyun shrugged and reached out to ruffle Yugyeom’s hair, “One galleon it has something to do with his crush.”

“I suspected that anyway,” Yugyeom rolled his eyes, “You were the one who came up with stress over his exams, weren’t you?”

Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms, his gaze wandering loosely over the students around them. Watching them study while he was doing nothing lifted his mood slightly.

Making his way through the great hall and sitting down at Ravenclaw’s table for dinner did a lot to reverse this though.

“Hey folks,” Daehyun greeted and sat down next to Youngjae and Junhong, giving the latter a pat on the back, “How’s it going?”

“Uh, fine I guess?” Junhong said and trailed his gaze on Jungkook, who tugged on Yugyeom’s sleeve for them to sit down across to Taehyung.

“Hi Taehyung,” Jungkook called and stared straight at the purple head, with Yugyeom nodding next to him, “How are you?”

There was pause, with practically everyone around them watching them with curious looks, and it turned to slight disappointment when Taehyung simply looked up and gave the Gryffindor a small smile.

“Hi Jungkook. Hi – Yug-o-mie?”

“My name is Yugyeom,” the other corrected him and smiled shyly at Ravenclaw’s keeper Jaebum on Youngjae’s other side, “Can you hand me the Yorkshire pudding?”

“Sure,” the silver haired nodded.

Jungkook leaned over to grab the roasted chicken, offering the plate to Taehyung. “Do you want some?”

“Thanks,” the lavender haired continued smiling and waved back at Jimin who was just crossing the hall with the other Hufflepuffs.

Jungkook sighed and continued stacking chicken on both Taehyung’s and his plate. Everything was normal. Everything was good. Jungkook couldn’t stand even a second of it.

“Did you visit Cracker today?” he asked finally and handed the chicken back to Daehyun, “I was busy with studying, I’m sorry I didn’t drop by.”

“It’s ok,” Taehyung retreated and shrugged, “I spent the afternoon with him. I guess he misses you, but only a bit.”

“That’s good to hear,” Jungkook rolled his eyes and then quickly reached out to wrap his hand around Taehyung’s wrist, giving it a little squeeze, “Let’s visit him tomorrow together, right?”

“Sure, why not,” Taehyung didn’t react to the skin contact the slightest but poked his fork in the chicken, humming to himself while he played with the food.

Jungkook felt like imploding any second.

“You don’t look too good,” Yugyeom informed him from his other side and nudged his elbow, “Is this about your problem again?”

It was, but Jungkook had no actual nerve to explain it right now. No nerve to inform Yugyeom just what happened, and how much it kills him that Taehyung is smiling at him, talking at him like everything is super normal between them. Like nothing ever happened.

Jungkook would rather have Taehyung act all surprised or even shocked. Jungkook would rather have Taehyung confront or even avoid him. Jungkook would rather have Taehyung react in any way, not act like everything’s super normal. Like the kiss never happened.

But Jungkook realised by now things weren’t exactly going how he wanted them, especially not if Taehyung was involved.




Seokjin had the feeling he didn’t notice something essential for months now. It started with the whole bathroom investigations Hoseok lead on and the bad feeling in his gut, the feeling this was way more serious than they thought. And with all the hints, the clues they collected Seokjin always felt like he knew something, something from the back of his mind which could fit all the puzzle pieces together. But what was it?

“Madam Pince, I need the latest copy of Hogwarts, a history, please,” Seokjin smiled his fondest smile and leaned over the counter, “You know, the studies keep me so busy but I always take the time to learn more and more about the beautiful castle we live in – after all, my seventh year is close and so is the time when I won’t have the chance to explore all the secrets of Hogwarts anymore.”

Madam Pince huffed and picked out a piece of parchment. “Second row, find it yourself. If you want to take it out, remember to fill in your name and house and bring it back after one week! No extensions this time, Mister Kim.”

“Of course, Madam Pince,” Seokjin nodded and gave her one last smile, “Thank you for your help!”

Madam Pince rolled her eyes and waved him away, but Seokjin knew she wouldn’t say a word if he extended taking out the book for one or two weeks, which was definitely worth it.

He read Hogwarts, a history, several times before and he devoured it every single time. Seokjin loved the castle and loved reading about all their mysteries but this day, he feared reading about a mystery too powerful, too dark for them to handle.

“Studying?”

Seokjin’s head shot up and immediately back down. “Well, of course. I’m taking my exams on Hogwarts this year. Shouldn’t you be studying for your OWLs?”

Namjoon laughed and grabbed his books, sitting down on the table next to the Ravenclaw. “I’m confident in my skills actually, but yes, I’m studying.”

Seokjin grumbled some incoherent words and quickly flipped the pages in his book.

“Sorry, what was that?” Namjoon smirked and rested his head on his hands.

“What do you want?” Seokjin repeated, this time louder, “I need to do – stuff.”

“Talk to you?” Namjoon tilted his head, his cheek pressing against his hands, “I thought after I give you some time to calm down you’ll talk to me again”

“What time to calm down,” Seokjin mumbled and skipped another chapter. He didn’t find anything remotely related to bathroom mysteries so far and Namjoon sitting so close wasn’t helping.

Namjoon chuckled and reached out, quickly lacing their fingers together before Seokjin swatted his hand away. “You were so – aggressive during the match. The way you played and then you even fouled me, like wow, the crash was so unexpected. You sure were desperate to win, weren’t you?”

“Of course,” Seokjin snapped and focused extra hard on his book, “Last year we lost in the finals, so I wanted us to finally win, to show what our team is capable of. Everyone is really great – and then we lost just like that. It’s – frustrating. Are we really that bad? Third place worthy? I don’t think so.”

“Being third place doesn’t automatically mean you’re bad, you know?” Namjoon said and reached out again. This time Seokjin didn’t remove his hand. “Actually, I think you guys just run out of luck. You were good in both matches but when it came to the snitch –“

“Does that mean I should kick Junhong off the team?” Seokjin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, “I like Junhong.”

Namjoon hummed and ran his thumb over the other’s palm. “No need to decide so soon, eh? It’s still some time until next year.”

“Fifteen weeks,” Seokjin’s mumbled.

“You count?” Namjoon grinned and laced their fingers together, holding tightly onto his hand.

“Yeah, I’ll be in seventh year – my last year after all,” Seokjin shrugged and tried to keep a cool face, “Nothing much.”

Namjoon laughed quietly and put their hands in his lap, pulling Seokjin closer to him. “You know, I actually thought –“

“This is it!” Seokjin suddenly jumped up, dragging Namjoon’s hand with him and almost toppled over their feet, “Oh my god, I found it!”

“Found what, Merlin,” Namjoon groaned and held onto his knee which Seokjin managed to kick in progress, “What are you even searching for –“

Seokjin only points with shaking fingers at the book, his eyes gleaming in excitement. “The Chamber of Secrets,” he reads with a high voice, “is a chamber created under the dungeons of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during Medieval times by Salazar Slytherin, who disagreed with the other Hogwarts founders on the merits of blood purity. In order to purge the area of Muggle-born students, Slytherin created the secret chamber after his fight with the other founders, and left a basilisk inside it. The chamber, who was said to be only a legend over centuries, was probably opened several times, but the only real evidences left are from the openings in the school year 1942-1943 as well as 1992-1993, both times through Tom Riddle, better known as Lord Voldemort. The entrance, presumably in a bathroom of Hogwarts, is still hidden until recent days, as a wish of Harry Potter, who killed the monster inside the last time it attacked.”

“This is it,” Seokjin said with a breathless voice, “The bathroom, the one we observed for months now – it locates the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, I’m sure! Oh my god, I need to tell this everyone!”

“Wait,” Namjoon called and reached out to grab his sleeve, “Everyone – you mean the BPS?”

“Yeah,” Seokjin nodded vigorously and quickly stuffed everything in his bag, “I can’t believe it, it was in this book all this time and we didn’t look it up even once.”

Namjoon rushed to follow him, still holding onto his sleeve while they made their way through the filled hallways. “So you think someone tried – tries to open the Chamber of Secrets?”

“Yes!” Seokjin felt his mind running so fast, thoughts flying around and it was hard sorting them out, sorting out all the information which suddenly came to his mind, “The destruction of the bathroom – of course. Whoever it was searched for the entrance! It’s so obvious, he or she couldn’t find it and simply destroyed everything in order to find wherever the entrance is.”

“But – Harry Potter killed the monster, didn’t you read that right now?” Namjoon reminded him, quickening his steps while they passed through the entrance hall, “Why would someone still want to open the chamber, to throw a party inside it?”

Seokjin paused, then shook his head, quickly dragging Namjoon behind him. “I’m not sure – but we’ll find out about this –“

“Seokjin!”

They looked up instantly and everyone around them also, student eyes following Hoseok who was running down the steps with tousled hair and a wild look in his eyes, panting hard when he stopped in front of them.

“Seokjin!” he called out again, grabbing the other’s shoulders, “You have to come, quick! The hospital wing!”

“What?” Seokjin felt the blood draining out of his face, “Hoseok – what happened?”

“Caroline,” Hoseok shook his head with panic on his face, “Caroline – was attacked!”

 




Unnecessary Taekook drama is uncessary, oh lord ~ No but seriously guys, don’t be mad at me, they simply can’t be all sunshine and flowers – yet. The drama won’t be long and full of random bull, I promise.

Mystery plot is also slowly developing – are you guys excited for it? I hope so :)

And thank you all so much for the feature! I seriously didn’t expect it like wow what is even going on o.o I can’t say enough just how much I love you guys, you precious people you <3

I wanted to reply to all of your comments but where’s the time – 170 is so wow, I read and adored every single one to bits but it was updating or waiting until I replied to everything so I thought a fast update will be better. I’m still very sorry ;_;

Btw – any Infinite fans here? Anyone going to Infinite Effect in Berlin? If so, hit me up!

xxx