Sober

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"They say love is good, friendship is good, but be warned, the back of your head might be in pain. Hey doctor, please save me, because I’m about to go insane"

Big Bang - Sober


 

“So, I actually got some pretty decent information from the very reliable sources I used to infiltrate Gryffindor’s training,” Seokjin was very pleased with himself and pressed his palms together, “You know, we may have lost the first match –“

With that he sent a glare in Junhong’s direction who shrieked and hid himself behind Jaebum’s impressive stature.

“– but of course, we still have chances to win the whole tournament,” Seokjin nodded with a determined expression on his face, “If we defeat Gryffindor, and I guess it’s not even a question that we will defeat Slytherin, we can still win the cup. So –“

He paused and gave everyone a stern glance, taking his extra time with Junhong. “I expect everyone to take this serious. This is a life or death situation, we either win or our lives are ruined forever –“

“Oh come on Seokjin, aren’t you exaggerating a bit here?” Hyosang cut in and rolled his eyes, “I mean, it’s not that serious after all.”

Seokjin furrowed his brows and practically shot daggers at him. “Oh, sure – if you think this is not serious you can leave the team right now. I don’t need people who are just playing around in my team.”

“Mate, I didn’t mean it like that –“ Hyosang protested and scratched his neck awkwardly.

The rest of the team exchanged worried looks and Junhong gripped hard on the back of Jaebum’s shirt.

“Well then,” Seokjin pointed at a clipboard behind him, “I put all information about Gryffindor’s team on here. I hope you all chose your seats well, this will definitely take some time.”

“So this is why you made us gather here at six in the morning,” Stephanie yawned loudly and ignored the narrow eyed look Seokjin sent in her direction, “I would have brought hot chocolate if I knew that.”

“You don’t need hot chocolate, you need to pay attention,” Seokjin said firmly and pointed at the first chart, “Let’s start with Gryffindor’s captain. Just like last year, they’re lead by the most idiotic student Gryffindor has ever had, Tony Carter. He plays as their keeper with moderate success but is way too arrogant to accept anyone else taking over this position so we –“

Junhong zoned out pretty quickly, nuzzling his face in Jaebum’s back and yawning soundlessly. No one of the rest of the team seemed pretty eager on listening to a report about Gryffindor’s team that early too, Park Jinyoung lying half over Jaebum’s lap snoring not so quietly while Stephanie and Hyosang were leaning on each of Youngjae’s shoulders who looked mildly irritated.

The changing room was still cold from the night and smelled slightly of sweat which wasn’t quite helpful on making this situation any better. All Junhong wanted to do was flying, but seemed like they won’t get anywhere near that while Seokjin showed them the second graphic he prepared – of what seemed like hundred. He paid halfway attention when Seokjin explained everything about Gryffindor’s beater Jung Daehyun to him, because he somehow remembered that guy from hanging out at their table, and noticed Jinyoung opening an eye when Mark Tuan was explained over colourful graphics. When Seokjin finally came to Gryffindor’s seeker, Junhong couldn’t help but chuckle to himself, remembering the conversation he had with Taehyung about Jungkook just yesterday.

“He told me he really likes me. Does that mean I’m his best friend? Should I see him as my best friend, too?”

“I don’t think he just wants to be your friend, though …”

“Hmm? But – what does he mean then?”

“Well you know, when someone tells you he likes you, this could be easily seen as a confession – just like the ones on Valentine’s Day, you know?”

“But he confessed to you on Valentine’s Day, didn’t he? So he couldn’t seriously confess to me now, too.”

“Well maybe your friend here is a little playboy?”

“… you think so?”

“Nah, I’m just messing with you. Have you ever thought that maybe – that confession on Valentine’s Day wasn’t aimed for me but for someone else?”


Junhong enjoyed the conflicted expression on Taehyung’s face and the way the purple haired seemed in deep thoughts the rest of the evening maybe a bit too much. He definitely didn’t want to do all the work for Jungkook, but the whole awkward courting of the Gryffindor made him feel impatient, so why not pushing Taehyung slightly in the right direction?

“Junhong!”

Seokjin’s loud voice cut through his thoughts and Junhong almost jumped from behind Jaebum’s back, where he was still effectively hiding.

“What?”

“I was talking to you,” Seokjin seemed pretty annoyed and pointed with his broomstick at Junhong, “Do you want me to release the snitch right in the beginning?”

“Why not,” Junhong shrugged nonchalantly.

The sooner he was away from Seokjin, the better.

The prefect gave him a look from the side, but didn’t question on it. Instead he grabbed his broomstick and shoved the box with the balls in Hyosang’s hands.

“Then let’s go.”

It was sunny outside, the sun shining unusually bright for March, and Junhong blinked in confusion upon seeing the ranks full of students. Most of them were in the midst of their breakfast, watching them with buttered toasts in their hands, and Junhong felt his stomach growling over the fact he hasn’t had a proper breakfast yet.

“I knew it,” Seokjin declared with gritted teeth, “The Gryffindor’s are here to spy on us.”

In fact Junhong spotted a group of Gryffindor’s in one corner, one of them standing out because of his striking red hair.

“No worries, that’s just Mark,” Jaebum rolled his eyes, “He’s here to support his boyfriend probably.”

Jinyoung curiously looked up and sent a bright smile at the red head, who immediately blushed beet red and hid behind the other students.

“Oh, and who are the others around him? Are you telling me our whole team is dating some Gryffindors?” Seokjin snapped rather annoyed and crossed his arms.

“Well, there is Kim Namjoon too,” Hyosang said and went over to them, “And he’s dating you, isn’t he?”

“What?” Seokjin’s eyes widened and his broomstick twirled sideward when he spotted the blonde amongst the Gryffindors, waving at him.

Junhong seriously regretted not bringing his camera because the way Seokjin’s cheeks coloured upon that was perfect blackmail material. Also the way he gripped hard on his broomstick and quickly darted his eyes away from the Gryffindors.

Seokjin cleared his throat and noticed the whole team giving him funny looks.  “What? Why aren’t you starting with the training?”

Hyosang snickered not so quietly and bent down to release the balls, immediately chasing after the bludgers with Jinyoung right on his tracks. Junhong’s attention went from Seokjin to the snitch and he narrowed his eyes, watching the small golden ball flying right around their captain’s ankle before vanishing in the mix of students. It’s not easy to keep track of it but Junhong’s not the seeker for nothing and besides that has high ambitions to show Seokjin’s he’s actually a good seeker. True, he kind of messed up during the last match, but one mistake didn’t mean he was completely bad, right?

After a good couples of minutes flying through the other team members, Seokjin, Stephanie and Youngjae passing the quaffle quickly between them before aiming at the goalposts Jaebum was protecting, while Jinyoung and Hyosang trained with the bludgers and made some little contest in who managed to hit the other players the most – Seokjin lost his temper pretty soon after his head was hit by a bludger three times in a row and forbid them to continue this – Junhong finally spotted the snitch. It was flying only a few centimetres over the ground, right below the left goalpost. Junhong smirked to himself and rushed towards the ground. Who even dared to say he was a bad seeker, Junhong thought while his fist closed securely around the golden snitch.

“Yes!” he cheered and looked up with a wide grin on his face, “Seokjin did you see that – Seokjin?”

The prefect didn’t even notice him calling at all. Instead he was floating somewhere in mid-air, gaze fixed on a certain Gryffindor on the ranks. He seemed totally frozen, with a weird, lovesick smile on his face.

“Seokjin!” Junhong called again with furrowed brows, “Stop looking at your boyfriend! Did you see that? I caught the snitch – and I was really cool!”

Inevitably, Seokjin found himself in the centre of everyone’s attention again.

“Well, that’s good to hear but you can’t expect me to pay attention to your every moves,” he tried to defend himself, “And I’m definitely not looking at –“

“Stop denying it,” Youngjae rolled his eyes and Stephanie next to him broke into giggles.

“Why don’t you go for now?” she suggested and sent him a wink, “We can finish the training without you and you surely want to spend more time with your boyfriend, right?”

“He’s not my boyfriend –“ Seokjin started in mild annoyance but if he was honest with himself, spending his time with Namjoon was definitely more tempting than wasting it at training with those way too nosy idiots.

“Junhong, you are only allowed to go after you caught the snitch for at least five times,” he barked in the seeker’s direction, “Also, the rest trains the tactics I explained to you this morning.”

“Wait he also explained tactics?” Hyosang mumbled not so quietly which immediately earned him a glare from their captain.

Junhong just rolled his eyes and played with the snitch in his hands, the whole team huddled together in the air watching Seokjin flying down to an already waiting Namjoon.

“Isn’t it cute?” Stephanie sighed dramatically when Seokjin gave the Gryffindor a punch in the shoulder as a greeting, “They’re just like first years in love. It was about time for Seokjin to finally get a boyfriend.”

“If he told us he’s gay beforehand, he would have had a boyfriend earlier,” Hyosang mumbled and laughed awkwardly at the funny looks he got, “Kidding, I’m just kidding!”

“If you say so?” Stephanie gave him a look from the side and then cleared , “Anyway, let’s go on with the training. Junhong, you ready to release the snitch again?”




“You can’t just show up at my practice like that,” Seokjin furrowed his brows and held onto Namjoon’s sleeve.

“Well, I was going to pick you up from training after all?” Namjoon raised an eyebrow and naturally leaned down to take Seokjin’s hand, “You seemed pretty distracted though.”

Seokjin tried to ignore his racing heart beat with the other simply holding his hand and gave him a twack at the back of his head. “Well, whose fault was that?”

“Oh, am I that distracting to you?” Namjoon wriggled his eyebrows and lead him down to the great lake.

“No you’re not?” Seokjin bit his lower lip and ignored the students passing them, more than one giving them curious looks, “I was just mad – because you know, you guys are our opponents in the next match. You were spying on our tactic, weren’t you?”

“Actually no,” Namjoon rolled his eyes, “Mark just wanted to see Jinyoung. And you know, Daehyun and Youngjae are best friends – sort of – so he came with us.”

“Wow, so it’s really true,” Seokjin shook his head and sighed, “Almost everyone in our team is dating someone from your team. Next match will be such a mess.”

Namjoon hummed and pulled his hands closer, guiding him to a small tree close to the lake. “Dating?”

“Well yes –“ Seokjin coughed and awkwardly scratched his neck, “I mean the others are –“

Namjoon wore a stupid grin at that and Seokjin wanted to slap him and kiss him, such contradicting thoughts it was driving him crazy. So he just quietly sat down next to him and gave him his best glare.

“What?” Namjoon laughed and slung an arm around his shoulder, “I know we never really talked about it – so, do you want us to date?”

“I’m seriously asking myself right now,” Seokjin snorted and freed himself of the other’s hold, “Why should I date some fifth year – and also someone from Gryffindor in general?”

Namjoon grinned and leaned forward, pressing a quick kiss on Seokjin’s lips which left him ridiculously flustered.

“Yeah, I wonder why.”

“Stop this,” Seokjin shoved his face away and leaned against the tree behind them, closing his eyes and enjoying the warm sun on his face.

Namjoon hummed and curled his fingers around his wrist. “I actually wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Hmm? What is it?” Seokjin replied and stared down at the other’s hand around his wrist. It looked so natural it almost scared him a bit. What was Namjoon even doing, marching in his life like that and making Seokjin feel like he waited just for him?

“What is – BPS?” Namjoon turned his head to look at him and tugged on one strand of his hair.

“What?” Seokjin furrowed his brows, “Who told you about BPS?”

 “I talked to Hoseok yesterday and he said something about you forcing him to observe a girls’ bathroom because of BPS?” Namjoon puffed his cheeks, “He said both you and Steph are involved in this and neither of you actually told me. So, what is this secret organisation you’re running?”

“We’re not running a secret organisation”, Seokjin rolled his eyes and casually entwined his fingers with Namjoon’s, holding his hand tightly, “This is some stupid idea Hoseok had – we found out some weird things about the first floor girls’ bathroom. So in order to protect that bathroom – from whatever – Hoseok founded the Bathroom Protection Squad and made Stephanie, Yoongi and me join.”

“Well, funny you’re saying this,” Namjoon tilted his head and ran his thumb softly over the elder’s palm, sending completely unreasonably shivers down Seokjin’s spine, “I actually saw something two days ago which left me a bit confused.”

Seokjin bit his lower lip hard and forcefully tried to stop himself from blushing because seriously, he’s a sixth year and not some twelve year old girl.

“What is it?” he finally pressed out from gritted teeth.

Namjoon gave him a funny look from the side before he chuckled and held on his hand tighter. “Why is your face so red?”

“It’s not,” Seokjin snapped and shoved his face away, “Now tell me the thing, idiot.”

“Sure,” Namjoon’s lips curled in an annoying smirk which made Seokjin want to slap it off but also kiss those sinfully inviting lips and he groaned inwardly.

“So here I was that morning, making my way to the great hall for breakfast when I suddenly saw something funny – there was a guy, and he came out of a girls’ bathroom. I was surprised of course but you know how young students with their hormones can be –“

Seokjin coughed and turned his face away so Namjoon won’t see the bright red colour on his cheeks. Of course he’s not thinking about this, but …

“– but after I waited for a while I realised there was no girl coming out after him,” Namjoon continued as if he didn’t catch the blush on Seokjin’s face, “I didn’t think too much about it until Hoseok told me about the time he observed that bathroom. Because then I realised the boy came out of the exact bathroom Hoseok was talking about.”

“So? Why didn’t you tell Hoseok about this?” Seokjin asked and bit his lower lip, turning back to Namjoon when he was sure his face was back at its normal colour.

“I couldn’t,” Namjoon said blankly, “He was there – at the Hufflepuff table, sitting right across from Hoseok. You know that fourth year with the white hair? Shin Jiho, or Xero as people call him. Jungkook has a few classes with him.”

“Xero?” Seokjin repeated slowly and furrowed his brows.

He suddenly remembered what Yoongi told him – about the white hair they found in the bathroom and the fact there’s actually one Hufflepuff student who has bright white hair.

“Are you sure it was him?” Seokjin asked curiously and leaned forward, “I mean, we can’t really jump on conclusions –“

“It was definitely him,” Namjoon nodded with a stern expression, “I mean, I won’t mistake that hair anywhere. He seemed rather suspicious – checking the hallway left and right before exiting quickly.”

“Funny he didn’t notice you then,” Seokjin snorted and reached out to run a hand through Namjoon’s platinum blonde dyed hair. It felt soft below his touch and for a second he forgot what exactly they were talking about.

“So,” Seokjin quickly retreated his hand and cleared his throat, “I’m not sure how much Hoseok has told you, but he’s actually convinced something very mysterious is going on in this bathroom and Yoongi even implied someone with great magic abilities like a teacher has something to do with it –“

“What?” Namjoon’s eyes widened in surprised, “But isn’t it really serious then?”

“I don’t know,” Seokjin tilted his head, “I mean there’s definitely something fishy about this whole thing – and Hoseok even came up with the theory someone wants to set a fire in Hogwarts or something, because when he touched the marble it felt weirdly hot. On a serious note though, how huge does this fire have to be to destroy whole Hogwarts? That’s rather impossible.”

“Fiendfyre,” Namjoon mumbled more to himself, “You know, I read it’s pretty powerful – one could possible …”

“Ah sure, and someone just stores a whole bunch of fiendfyre inside the washbasins of a girls’ bathroom,” Seokjin rolled his eyes, “This is pretty ridiculous. If there was really somehow fiendfyre inside the marble how do you even store it there, it’s fire and not something material after all, and why should you? Anyone above fifth grade should be able to manage the spell himself. It’s not that difficult, I can do it myself –“

“You can create fiendfyre?” Namjoon raised both eyebrows and grinned, “Why though, do you want to use it to burn us down to ashes during the next match, because it’s the only way you guys will win?”

Seokjin paused in mid-sentence and felt his fingers twitching, ready to form a fist and beat the out of Namjoon right there and then.

“I feel like already breaking up with you, you know?” he huffed and crossed his arms, “I studied it for a report – and we definitely do not need fiendfyre to win against you guys, what are you even saying? I’ll definitely remind you of this when we crashed all of your dreams of winning this year’s cup – if you guys don’t crash yourself, I heard about this funny nickname of yours.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes and laughed. “ you.”

“Oh I bet you would,” Seokjin grinned and got up, extending his hand, “Come on I’m hungry, let’s get some food.”

It was just too easy, way too easy to forget what was going on in the bathroom when Namjoon took his hand with a bright smile and leaned forward to press a quick kiss on his lips. Seokjin grimaced but felt his heart flutter and involuntary tightened his hold on the younger’s hand.

Maybe it was just some sort of defence mechanism inside him – finally everything was so perfect, why should he bother about what was going on in a bathroom then?

 




I don’t know what to say to this chapter? During editing I felt like it sounds pretty awkward at parts but I couldn’t come up with better English so sorry for that. Whole Ravenclaw focus because why not.

I’m actually super busy atm – my exams start in one week and there’s so little time and so much to study. So you guys have to wait some time for the next update – sorry for that, but I’m pretty sure there are enough comebacks to keep yourself busy with ^-^

Also, we’re at the magic 111 upvotes for this story right now – I just use this moment for a huge thank you because seriously, I did not expect this much support of you guys at all o.o Like wow, thank you so so so much!!!! /throws hearts everywhere/

xxx