Bae Bae

You're the Potion to my Cauldron

"Baby, can you stay beautiful just like you are right now? So my heart can race even after time passes"

Big Bang - Bae Bae

 

“What is this?”

“Hmm?” Stephanie looked up and showed him a small object in her hand, “Oh, I found it this morning. You know, I was actually very late but had to use the bathroom so badly so I ended up using the one in the first floor no one ever uses. You know, they even told me there was ghost living in it before. It was seriously creepy, I had the feeling someone was watching me while I was peeing. Ugh, never again.”

“So you found this in the bathroom?” Seokjin leaned forward and stared at her palm.

They were at the train, on their way back home, and all prefects were as always huddled together in their compartment. The seventh year prefects actually offered looking over the other students, something so nice Seokjin couldn’t quite believe it came out of Yifan’s mouth, so they were left doing nothing and enjoying the fact they’ll be home soon. Someone, most probably Hoseok, spilled a bunch of chocolate frogs all over the floor and the loud chatter of Tony Carter made Seokjin’s left eyelid twitch in annoyance.

“Yeah, it was kind of lying on the floor,” Stephanie said and shrugged, “So I picked it up. It looks cool, doesn’t it?”

Seokjin extended his hand and took a hold of the small object. It was flat, almost as big as Seokjin’s hand and of a striking red colour, gleaming in the light of the lamps above them. It felt cold against Seokjin’s palm, almost like a weirdly shaped stone, but still so different. Seokjin turned it around to see if this was in anyway something crafted by a student, a talisman maybe, but nowhere was a sign or something else written on it.  

“I feel like I saw something like this before,” he said slowly and furrowed his brows, “But I can’t really remember what it was.”

“You found this in the bathroom in the first floor?” Yoongi suddenly barged in and leaned over, “The ladies bathroom at the very end?”

“Yeah indeed,” Stephanie nodded, “I mean I never really use it, just like everyone, but well, I couldn’t help it today.”

Yoongi frowned and curled his hands around the red stone. “You know, I feel like something is off about this bathroom.”

“Why?” Seokjin raised an eyebrow.

“Actually, I witnessed something very weird on Halloween,” Yoongi explained and moved to sit next to Seokjin, “I randomly passed the bathroom and noticed water puddles all over the floor. First I thought it was a joke, something Byun Baekhyun would find incredibly funny, but when I entered the bathroom I was quite shocked.”

“What happened?” Stephanie asked curiously and leaned forward, one hand resting on Seokjin’s shoulder, “Did you catch a girl while peeing?”

“Of course not,” Yoongi furrowed his brows, “The bathroom was completely empty and looked like no one could use it for a while – it was completely destroyed. The washbasins were all over the floor, broken into little pieces and the stalls smashed down. It looked like someone was taking out his rage on the bathroom.”

“Seriously?” Seokjin raised an eyebrow and seemed utterly offended someone dared to vandalize in a bathroom of Hogwarts like this, “Did you report it to the teachers?”

“Well, originally I planned to do so,” Yoongi said slowly and tilted his head, “But when I checked on it the next morning, the whole bathroom was back to being perfectly fine. There was not a single sign showing the mess I found the day before. It was weird, but I thought maybe a teacher already ran upon it and decided to clean it, I mean I’m not sure how many students are capable of using spells to repair this whole mess.”

“I never heard about that though,” Seokjin twirled the red stone in his hands, “You know, wouldn’t the teachers question us about the incident? It’s not something which happens on the regular after all.”

“Also, I’m pretty sure they would take a whole lot of points off the student who did this,” Stephanie said, “But nothing like this happened over the last months. You think a teacher would let it drop like that?”

“Not the teachers I know,” Yoongi said slowly.

They exchanged glances and Stephanie seemed kind of worried when she started speaking again.

“You’re not implying on what I think you are, right?” she said slowly and her eyes flickered.

“I’m not implying on anything,” Yoongi quickly shook his head.

“So did I get this right?” Hoseok suddenly leaned over Seokjin’s shoulder, “Someone destroyed a whole bathroom, then it got repaired, probably by a teacher or another skilled wizard, and now Stephanie starts finding weird stuff in said bathroom?”

Seokjin furrowed his brows. “Are you creeping up on us or something?”

Hoseok ignored him. “You know, I feel like this could either mean nothing, or something very serious.”

“Speaking for myself, I have a bad feeling about this,” Yoongi said but then shrugged, “But I guess all we can do now is wait and see if something like this happens again.”

“Shouldn’t we inform a teacher though?” Seokjin asked and raised an eyebrow.

“And tell him what?” Yoongi snorted.

“Yoongi’s right, “Stephanie said, “All we can do is wait.”

“We could start some sort of secret club though!” Hoseok was more excited than appropriate, “The bathroom protection squad! We’ll check on the bathroom in shifts and note down everything we find out about it!”

Seokjin twacked the back of his head. “You should focus on studying more than anything else, the exams are coming soon after all.”

“Soon? We’re on our Christmas break right now.” Hoseok rolled his eyes.

“Yeah?” Seokjin raised both eyebrows, “I always start studying in January.”

“You, my friend, are crazy after all,” Hoseok declared and slung an arm around his shoulder, “Come on, loosen up a bit. Bathroom protection squad, doesn’t that sound exciting to you?”

“It actually does,” Stephanie laughed with a sparkle in her eyes, “We could meet up once in a while and exchange the information we gathered.”

“So much stress,” Yoongi mumbled.

“Then it’s settled!” Hoseok announced and beamed.

“Wait what?” Seokjin said.

“Welcome, my new fellows, to the first meeting of the bathroom protection squad,” Hoseok laughed and made some weird pose, “Let’s say I’m the president of our club because I’m a Hufflepuff after all.”

“And that is going to legitimate it how?” Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“So, we have to decide who’s going to take care of this,” Hoseok continued and pointed at the red stone, “It’s the first artefact proving our suspicion the bathroom’s part of something very mysterious.”

“I want!” Stephanie declared and grinned, “Please president, I’ll promise I’ll guard it jealously!”

“Something tells me they’re way too excited about this,” Seokjin mumbled in Yoongi’s direction who only sighed.

“Everyone!” the compartment door suddenly slammed open and there’s Yifan, leaning coolly against its frame, “We’re in London soon. Get ready and Merry Christmas.”

With that he vanished back in some other compartment, probably trying to woo some girls last minute, and Seokjin hurried to change into his normal clothes.

“You think the BPS should meet over the holidays?” Hoseok yelled obnoxiously in his ear.

“BPS?”

“Bathroom protection squad!” Hoseok said, “It’s not that hard to remember.”

“Actually, I want to spend the two weeks in silence and peace,” Yoongi muttered and added a quiet, “Especially from you.”

“We’ll have a meeting right after the holidays end, ok?” Stephanie said and smiled, “Now excuse me, I’ll have to say goodbye to Namjoon!”

Seokjin shrieked at the mention of that name and Yoongi gave him a weird glance.

“Everything ok?”

“Yeah sure,” Seokjin pressed his lips together, “Everything’s fine.”




It’s Christmas morning and Jungkook somehow ended up below the Christmas tree of Namjoon’s family, huddled in a cocoon of blankets and refusing to talk. Diesel slowly nudged his cheek with its nose and Jungkook furrowed his brows and pushed it away, the small rat making a dismissive sound and then quickly vanished in a bowl of walnuts. 

“What is he doing down there?”

Yugyeom curiously glanced down at the roll which was Jungkook and the younger only groaned and turned his head to face the wall.

“He’s embarrassed with himself,” Namjoon explained and snickered, “He –“

“Don’t,” Jungkook snapped, “I dare you to tell them.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes. “Figures. Anyways, Merry Christmas Yugyeom! Didn’t you tell me you’ll come with Mark?”

“Yeah, he’s stuck in the entrance,” Yugyeom pointed behind him, “You know, the boy who asked him out for the ball actually gifted him a scarf for Christmas and Mark’s now busy folding it super carefully. Probably also staring at it dreamily.”

“I don’t,” Mark mumbled and entered the living room, smiling at Namjoon, “Merry Christmas. Thank you for the invitation.”

“Who did you go to the ball with anyway?” Daehyun appeared from the kitchen and stuffed his face with biscuits, “I only saw you passing with some random black-haired guy but the back of his head didn’t really ring a bell.”

“Um,” Mark’s cheeks coloured, “Actually I got asked by Park Jinyoung ….”

“Park Jinyoung?” Namjoon blinked, “Ravenclaw’s beater?”

“Junior asked you out?” Stephanie appeared literally out of nowhere and stared at Mark with wide eyes.

“Who’s Junior?” Yugyeom interfered.

“That’s Jinyoung’s nickname,” Stephanie explained, “You know, he’s got the same name as his dad, so everyone tends to call him that. But the thing is, even though he’s good looking and funny and stuff, he actually never asked someone out by himself!”

“Well, look at our Mark,” Daehyun grinned and slung an arm around the redhead’s shoulder who seemed pretty uncomfortable, “He’s so pretty, everyone can’t help but be dazzled by his looks!”

“I give you that,” Stephanie nodded slowly and leaned forward with sparkling eyes, “So? Did you guys kiss? Are you going out now?”

“Uh,” Mark’s whole face turned red and he stared down at his feet, “We’re not going out …”

“But you did kiss, right, I mean –“

“Give him a break Steph,” Namjoon said and dragged her backwards by her collar, “Our Mark is a sensible little flower.”

Mark didn’t seem too happy about that.

“Dinner’s ready!” Namjoon’s mother suddenly declared from the kitchen, “Everyone sit down and Namjoon honey, don’t forget to get them some drinks!”

“Sure mum,” Namjoon left for the basement with Yugyeom on his tracks, the younger gripping on the hem of his shirt and babbling something about his favourite drinks.

“I’m sorry if you guys aren’t used to meals prepared without magic, but I hope you’ll still like it!” Mrs Kim smiled at them warmly.

“I like every kind of food!” Daehyun said unnecessarily and followed the big pot she was carrying with glittering eyes.

“Wait, I’ll help!” Stephanie jumped up and reached out for the bowls with the side dishes, “Wow this really looks delicious!”

“Thank you dear,” Mrs Kim said and her eyes wandered to the figure below the tree, “Jungkook honey, is everything alright? Aren’t you going to eat with us?”

There was some mumbling and finally Jungkook unwrapped himself off the many blankets, shuffling to sit down between Daehyun and Stephanie.

“Wait, isn’t someone missing?” Mrs Kim asked and stared at the two empty seats, “Namjoon told me –“

The door bell rung right on spot and Yugyeom could be heard yelling from outside “I’m going!”.

The next moment, there was an “Oomph!” and the unmistakably sound of the door slamming open.

“Merry Christmas everyone!” Jackson yelled and poked his head inside, showing a bright gin, “Ah Mrs Kim, it already smells delicious!”

“Thank you for inviting us, Mrs Kim,” Youngji said on her boyfriend’s behalf and smiled, “And Merry Christmas.”

“I’m always happy when Namjoon’s friends come to visit!” Mrs Kim said and guided them to the empty seats, “Sit down, we’re about to start with the dinner.”

“Yeah hurry hurry, I wanna eat!” Daehyun grimaced impatiently.

Namjoon appeared with a couple of bottles in his hands, Yugyeom helping him carrying, and patted Jackson’s shoulder.

“Yo, welcome mate,” Namjoon grinned and took the seat next to Stephanie, “Did you catch the news already? Mark’s dating Park Jinyoung, Ravenclaw’s beater.”

“Really?” Jackson’s jaw dropped, “Whoa, you never told me!”

“Because it’s not true,” Mark mumbled in the direction of his plate and shifted awkwardly.

“Why didn’t you bring him over?” Jackson asked and ruffled Mark’s hair, “Now it looks like I’m the only one who’s cool enough to date!”

Youngji rolled her eyes. “I wonder why.”

They got interrupted by Mrs Kim putting slices of the braised beef on everyone’s plates and then trying to hinder Daehyun on loading his plate with all side dishes.

“What’s wrong with Jungkook by the way?” Jackson asked curiously and stared at the youngster, “Mate, you look pretty down.”

Jungkook shot him an annoyed glance while stuffing his face with potatoes.

“Ha,” Namjoon chuckled and reached behind him, grabbing Diesel with one hand to place him on his shoulder and holding a Christmas card in the other, “Look at this, it’s the Christmas card he sent me.”

Stephanie leaned over his shoulder and read aloud. “Merry Christmas! I hope you have nice holidays! Let’s work hard on our project when we meet again!

“So?” Stephanie tilted her head, “It’s nice. And what project by the way?”

“Exactly,” Namjoon grinned widely, “This isn’t my card. Our little Jungkook here actually mixed up his cards and sent me the card which was supposed to be sent to his crush.”

Jungkook’s expression visibly darkened and his grip on the knife tightened. “I thought you promised not to tell them –“

“Crush?” Stephanie repeated and all Gryffindors sported equal grins, “So his crush got the card which was actually for you? What is written on it then?”

Namjoon seemed to have serious trouble not bursting out laughing, “Well, Jungkook thinks of himself as super funny, so he actually wrote –“




Love of my life! I wish you the bestest holidays ever! Miss you a lot, especially your booty! Let’s ride into the sunset together when we see each other again! You have my heart! Jungkookie

Love of my life?” Jimin furrowed his brows in confusion, “Are you dating that Gryffindor guy?”

Taehyung stared blankly at the card and then slowly shook his head. “As far as I’m informed, I’m actually not.”

Miss you a lot, especially your booty?” Xero on his other side leaned over and a snicker left his lips, “What exactly did you guys do during the ball?”

Taehyung shot him a look. “We danced.”

“And because you guys danced he’s now missing your booty,” Junhong smashed himself between them and cackled, “This is seriously the most ridiculous card I have ever seen. I feel like either you’re hiding something, Tae, or that guy’s a serious ert.”

“There’s nothing to tell,” Taehyung mumbled and glanced at the card, “Maybe he writes all of his Christmas cards like that.”

Xero and Junhong exchanged a glance and Junhong snorted something which sounded suspiciously like ert. Jimin on the other was sprawled across the carpet in Taehyung’s living room and munched happily on a bag of Fizzing Whizzbees, ignoring what was going on.

Taehyung bit his lower lip and stared at the card again with a faint blush on his cheeks, before tucking it away and glancing at his friends.

“Give me some,” Junhong suddenly said and leaned over to snatch a whizzbee.

“No,” Jimin quickly hid the bag in his hands, “Those are mine.”

“Where do you even got those from?” Xero asked and raised an eyebrow.

“Hmm?” Jimin looked up and blushed slightly, “It’s a Christmas present.”

Xero snorted. “So far so obvious.”  

“Come on, from whom are they?” Junhong poked his back and secretly managed to snatch one out of the bag.

“Um,” now Jimin’s whole face flushed, “Min Y-yoongi actually sent those.”

“Min Yoongi?” Taehyung wrinkled the nose, “Who?”

“Slytherin’s p-prefect,” Jimin bit his lower lip, “An owl brought them this morning.”

“Slytherin’s prefect?” Junhong’s eyes widened and he almost fell over in midst process of stealing another whizzbee, “You know him?”

“Um,” Jimin seemed like he wanted to crawl in a hole and hide there forever, “Kind of …”

“You know him kind of so he’s sending you sweets as a Christmas gift?” Xero furrowed his brows, “I swear you guys, I feel like everyone is getting it on around me and I’m the only one left, doomed to be forever alone.”

Junhong exchanged a glance with Jimin and Taehyung and made some wild signs behind Xero’s back. The others blinked in mild confusion, but then a small smile spread on Taehyung’s face and he nudged Jimin’s side.

“Um guys what are you…?” Xero raised an eyebrow and turned around, right when a loud scream pierced through the air.

“Now!”

Xero blinked and raised his arms in defence but couldn’t stop the three bodies tackling him down. Jimin’s arms were around his waist, Taehyung held on his shoulders and Junhong laughed right in his ear.

“Forever alone?” Junhong pinched his cheek, “What about us?”

Jimin squeezed him tightly and Taehyung rested his head on his shoulder and Xero felt like two or three of his ribs just broke but still, he couldn’t help but laugh.

 





New update – finally, yay. University keeps me very busy atm so you guys have to deal with longer waits for the updates. Keep yourself busy with the new BTS album. Like seriously so much perfection *-*

I hope you liked this chapter with the story logic going downhill so fast and the weirdness of the characters rising every second … I’m sorry ^-^

Ah btw. It happened again that someone posted this story on another site and put it as his/her own work. Sadly, stuff like this happens ever so often and it makes me feel disappointed. I mean I’m not asking for much but I’m spending quite a couple of hours on every chapter to make it enjoyable and nice to read and when people plagiarize it just like that it feels like a punch in the chest actually… I’m not forcing anyone to like my story but I just want people to acknowledge the work and time I spend on this …
So guys, can I ask for a small favour? If you find this story posted somewhere else (and I’m not talking about translations) could you please notify me so I can take care this will be taken down? Just a quick message, I’d be very thankful >.<

Now let’s leave this behind, I hope you guys have a nice start in the week and jam to BTS ^.^

xxx