Diamond 9

Euphoria

Luhan? Isn't that a member from EXO? Is he the man that was mentioned from the morning news a while ago?

"Well, nice to meet you! I'm Hailey Kim." She introduced herself to him cheerfully. Because of Hailey's cute and cheerful personality, Luhan smiled. Hailey saw him smiled, and thought to herself that she's doing fine so far. But after that short introduction, there was silence again. 

Before the awkwardness deepens, Kyle came running towards their direction, huffing and puffing once he reached his sister. He recollected himself first and once he did, he told Hailey to meet him at the living room once she was done with her time with Luhan. 

Feeling that it was something important, she chose to leave with her brother first, telling Luhan to take a moment here first before going inside the house to take a short nap and promised to accompany him when she's done. Luhan nodded and Hailey and her brother both took their leave. Luhan looked at Hailey's back, and smiled to himself. This girl is not so bad afterall...

Kevin was in the living room looking through the files and his laptop, searching for various clues that could help them understand the situation at stake. 

"Great, you're here now. Hailey, dad needs to you hack into the police database to fish out any information related to the situation we are trying to solve here." Kevin instructed his sister, who took the laptop and diligently started hacking through the system. Hailey grew up learning how to hack computers and other databases and systems that are protected. She learnt that all from her uncle, who passed away from an accident when Hailey was already a teenager. Hailey was very affected from her uncle's death that she didn't eat or talk to anyone for months. Hailey vowed to herself never to hack anymore after her favorite uncle's death, but she got back on her feet again to aid in her father's work. 

Hailey's father's company is not some typical type of company that made the whole family become tycoons. Hailey's father's job is actually being a crime investigator. Solving cases that involves brainstorming and such was his forte. But he covered the fact from public in order to protect his family against criminals who might attack the family if he ever tried to pull them down. His wife helps in keeping the fake image of the company up, while he deals with every cases, cracking each cases successfully. 

But after his 3 children had grown up, he took them in and trained them to solve cases. Which explains why Hailey is able to score distinctions in her subjects every year without fail. He also took them in because he learnt about their special abilities. Hailey is able to see past time, or in short, she had the power of premonition. She also is able to read minds and able to project images into a selected person's mind . Kyle has the ability of superhuman strength, which is coherent to why he performs exceedingly well in sports, while Kevin has an extra sense which allows him to change his vision and to sense things that was previously there before it was removed. All 3 of them uses their gifts well to aid them in helping their dad solve cases. 

After trying so much, Hailey had successfully hacked into the system and was able to download the files they need before the alram was triggered. Kyle pat her back for her success and explained to Hailey what was happening. 

"So weird things have been going around the island ever since we arrived. Disappearances, homicides and kidnappings have been happening so much. Like in that stranger's case. He was attacked by someone. Kevin was unable to detect the area that night because the person concealed his presence very well." Kyle slowly explained to his sister, giving time for her to absorb whatever he said.

"So dad made us miss school because he wants us to help solve such cases?"

"Yes. He suspects that police are corrupted. Because if they weren't, why would there be a rise in the cases?" Kevin replied to her, but his eyes were sticking to his laptop, reading the information found by his sister. 

"We need you to find out from the stranger what he knows. But we cannot let him out. We need him protected. Just in case." Kyle told his sister as to what she needed to do. But before she left, she told her brothers that the stranger's name is Luhan. Her brothers heard the name and was shocked as they realized that he was the missing member from EXO. After knowing about this, they knew that they had to protect him. 

Hailey agreed and left to check up on Luhan. She walked inside his room quietly and knelt beside his bed. She hovered her hand over his temple and tried to read his mind. But she felt something was wrong. Normally she had no problem getting into people's head, even without touching them, but in Luhan's case, it was something Hailey had never experienced before. She was unable to read his mind. She pulled back her hand and left the room, thinking why she couldn't read his mind. 

She laid down on her bed, petting her kitty Ace while talking to him.