Diamond 10

Euphoria

It was close to midnight, but Hailey was still awake. The fact that she couldn't get into Luhan's mind bothered her a lot. Kyle decided to check up on Hailey before he goes to bed like he'd always do every night, but this time, he saw light peeking through the door from underneath. Knowing that Hailey was still up and about, he decided to have a small chat with her. Kyle knocked on her bedroom door softly and entered. Upon his entrance, Hailey quickly sat upright, while waiting for Kyle to take his place on her bed. Kyle sat on her bed and made himself comfortable before he began. Hailey pushed her laptop to one side and paid attention to Kyle.

"Did you manage to get anything out from his head?" Kyle whispered.

Hailey shook her head and replied," I was not able to. I couldn't get inside his head. I tried hovering my hand from his head in hopes to gain something, but something was definitely blocking me from reading what's in his head."

Kyle looked at her questioningly, not able to comprehend what she was saying, because this was the first time he had come across such thing. However, he pushed the topic aside and began to chat with her about other things. It's been a long time since the two of them had a heart to heart talk about their lives. 

Kyle is very protective of Hailey, unlike Kevin who only looks out for his sister from a far. Hailey had a terrible childhood. After experiencing the death of their uncle, Kyle was worried for Hailey due to her abnormal behavior. She was always in her bedroom, not ever wanting to come out. Kyle knew he couldn't just not care for her, so he would bring up her portion of food and be with her till she falls asleep. 

Since Kyle was sporty and all, he would bring Hailey out on adventures or go running with him. Kyle is the only member in the family who has every knowledge of the different weapons existing in the world. Which is why his dad is able to solve cases regarding with the hint of weapon the killer use. He also has the skill to every weapon he owns. 

Once, Hailey saw Kyle practicing out at the large field, shooting arrows and throwing knives. Hailey was keen to such things and begged him to teach her to use those weapons. Kyle agreed to help her because he knew that Hailey had to protect herself by her own if he wasn't there for her. It didn't take Hailey long to master the weapons, and by Christmas, Kyle was able to give her her own set of throwing knifes and even a hidden blade that could been worn around her wrist.

They talked for the whole night that they didn't realized it was already close to 2am. Kyle looked at the clock and told Hailey to get some sleep so she wouldn't wake up looking like a zombie. Hailey heard that and threw her pillow at him who dodge very quickly with the help of his fast reflexes.

Hailey got under her blanket and fell asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow and then it was lights out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! After 10 chapters, there is finally an author's note!

I'd just like to say that so far I've not gotten any writer's block! YAY!!! If you did realize, chapters 8-10 is giving you more in-depth about Hailey's family and what their main jobs are. There is mentions of Luhan somewhere, but there will be more coming soon. :) I'm sorry if it's very lengthy, but this was the only way to help with the progression of the story. 

10/10/14, the day Luhan filed a lawsuit against SM ent. Let's wish him all the best in his future endeavors. I hope all you fans of Luhan will continue supporting him! 

-Muax!