Diamond 6

Euphoria

"Did you saw what happened my children?" Their father asked them. 

"We do not know. All we know was that we sensed something a miss." Kevin spoke.

His father let out a deep breath and told Hailey to see if her mother needed any assistance. Hailey took off and left the male to their business.

"Something's not quite right ever since we got here." The father told his sons, and they agreed with him. 

For the past month, killings, disappearance, suicide and other horrible news have been going around the country. People with age ranging from as young as 4 years old to as old as 60 years old are all found to be victims of such cases. 

"Have the police taken any action dad?" Kyle asked his father.

His father shook his head, saying,"I doubt so... If they did take actions, there wouldn't be an increase of such cases."

"I guess it's time we disappear from school as well."Kevin claimed.

While the men were talking at the living room, Hailey reached the room where her mother was in, tending to the stranger. She quietly knocked on the door and entered, trying not to sound like an elephant as she enters. Her mother was just done treating to the stranger's wound and told her daughter to keep an eye on him, see if he needs anything. 

Once her mom had left the room, she took the place where her mom previously sat and was shocked to see the face of the stranger.

Isn't he...

She continued admiring the stranger, enraptured by his beautiful face. There were moments where the man twisted and turned during his sleep, alarming Hailey, who wouldn't know what to do if he woke up. Seeing that he is already in a deep sleep, she left the room and headed back to her room. She laid on her bed, still thinking about that handsome face she saw just now when her brothers interrupted her. 

"Hailey, listen up. We can't go to school anymore. Dad needs us to stay at home." Kevin said to his sister, hoping that she won't ask to many questions.

"Sure, but what about Ailee? Should I tell her I'll be absent from school from now on?"

"Don't tell anything to Ailee yet. Tomorrow morning dad will brief us more. For now, just get plenty of rest." Kyle assured her and tucked her to bed. 

"Oh yeah, how's the guy doing? Is he gonna be alright?" 

"He's alright Kyle."

With that, her brothers left and switched off the lights as they left.

Hailey shut her eyes and began pondering about the things to expect soon.