Diamond 4

Euphoria

Hailey looked around her. Many people were conversing with each other, except herself, she's just sitting at the back quietly, not making any noise at all. When the bell rang, everyone took their places and settled down. They waited until their teacher came in. Once the teacher had arrived and took his place at the front of the class, he began.

"Alright everyone, welcome back to school. I hope everyone had a great holiday. Today, I am pleased to announce that we have a very new student who came from the US. I hope everyone will make her feel comfortable." The teacher announced, gesturing Hailey to come out to the front to introduce herself.

"Hello everyone," Hailey bowed with respect to her classmate, " I am Hailey and I was born in America. I hope everyone will treat me well. Thank you." Once Hailey was done, she quickly went back to her desk and sat down. She felt her face warm, knowing that she's shy after that short introduction she gave. 

Once the opening was done, it was time to get cracking to work. Hailey had been scoring As for her subjects. She's not normally the type to study hard, but her brain is one of a kind. It takes her just a few minute to memorize something and she's able to calculate fast. She thinks nerdy, but acts like a lady with class. 

Then came the time for recess. Usually she would have her friends coming around her waiting for her so they would all go out for break together, but now was different. She just sat by her chair looking out of the window, reminiscing back to the days when she was still in the US. She miss her friends a lot. 

"Hi! You're Hailey right?" Someone called out to her. Hailey turned her head around and was surprised to see a lady with dark brown wavy hair tied up in a ponytail. 

"Uh.. yes. And you are..?" Hailey's words trailed off.

"Oh! How rude of me. I'm Ailee. Nice to meet you. Are you okay with us being friends?" She asked Hailey, hoping to have a positive answer.

"Yeah sure, why not! Nice to meet you too." Hailey extended out her hand and shook Ailee's hand.

Seems's like everything to going quite well so far.

She felt her phone vibrate under her table and picked it up. She unlocked her phone and saw that her brothers had texted her, asking her how was her class so far. She quickly replied to them and went back to chatting with Ailee. 

Right after school was done, both girls went out to the school gates and there Hailey saw her two brothers waving at her. 

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow Ailee!" Hailey gave Ailee a hug and they both parted ways.

Hailey crossed the road to reach to the limo and got inside while her two brothers followed behind her. 

"How was your day Hailey? Is everything alright in your new school?" Her dad asked her over the dinner table, while the family was having dinner. 

"It was alright dad. I met a new friend too, and her name is Ailee. She's super pretty and nice." Hailey started talking about her new friend and her whole family just listened, laughing as the time went past.

When dinner was over, Hailey dashed up to her room and started doing her homework. It wasn't really a homework, but more of like a diary that Hailey kept and wrote in after her day in school. While she was writing her diary, her phone rang and she unlocked it, happy to see that it was Ailee. She finished writing her last sentence, locked her book and stowed it somewhere secretive. Then she jumped onto her bed and started chatting the night away with her new best friend.