Fany Meets with Jo-Kwon and The Fight

Vampire In Love

Fany POV
I see Seo in the lobby, settling the bill. And Yoong loading up the car out front. I gather my things, then my phone rings again. Caller I.D. read "Home". I quickly answer it. 

Fany: Mom, I’m so glad you got my --
BoA: Fany? Baby? Where are you?
Fany: Calm down, Mom. Everything is fine, okay? I’ll explain every --

I stop to hear rustling on the line, as if my mom had dropped the phone.

Fany: ... Mom? Are you there?

Then I hear a voice that sends a chill down my spine --

Jo-Kwon: Nice house you have here. Not the best on the block, but comfortable. I was prepared to wait for you. But then Mom came home after she received a very worried call from your Dad. It all worked out quite well.

My eyes were wild with fear.

Jo-Kwon: I must say, your High School doesn’t protect its students’ privacy very well. It was just too easy for Gain to find your previous address.
BoA: Fany? Fany?
Fany: Leave my mother out of this.
Jo-Kwon: You’re protective of her. That’s nice. You can still save her. But you’ll need to get away from your friends. Can you do that?
Fany: I... don’t think so.
Jo-Kwon: If your mother’s life depends on it?

I was terrified for my mom, but there’s no choice here.

Fany: Where should I meet you?

No one POV
Jo-Kwon grins as he grabs a photo of Fany that’s attached to the refrigerator with a magnet. It’s the same photo Seung-gi has of her, age 7, in a tutu, sitting on the floor.

Jo-Kwon: The old ballet studio around the corner. And I’ll know if you bring anyone along. Poor mommy would pay the price for that mistake. She smells like you. Delicious.

Fany hangs up, panicked. She starts flinging open drawers, searching for a weapon - a pen, a sewing kit. Useless. Then she remembers... Her purse. She dumps out the contents, and finds the pepper spray her dad gave her. She clings to it, her only protection now. 

Hotel Lobby
Fany walks through the lobby, scanning for Yoong and Seo. She spots them outside under the porte cacher, loading the Mercedes, deep in a heated discussion. She slips out the opposite door, rushes toward a Taxi and jumps in, closes the door. The driver is an elderly man with a hacking cough

Fany: Universal Ballet Studio, please.

The taxi pulls out. Fany watches the hotel disappear. 

Fany Thought- POV
I’ve never given much thought to
how I would die. But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go...

No One POV
Once again, we see the polished malls, the manicured cactus gardens. All empty for the night. Fany climbs out of the taxi. It pulls away, leaving her on the curb facing the deserted building. Fany twirls her mother’s ring around her finger, then reaches for the pepper spray.

Fany(thought): I can’t bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face to face with death... they also brought me to Tae.

She slips the pepper spray into her jeans pocket. She wraps her purse strap around her wrist. She takes a breath, approaches the school. Peers in the windows. The blinds are drawn. But from inside, we hear a faint sound.

BoA: Fany? Fany?

It’s time. Fany goes to the front door. It’s unlocked. Fany cautiously enters this grand, empty room of mirrors. A ballet bar wraps around the walls --

BoA: Fany, where are you?

Fany whirls, trying to find its source. She follows the sound to a cleaning supply closet. She throws open the door to find a video of Fany, age 7, hides in the very closet the T.V. is in now. Little Fany looks up at us.

BoA: Don’t you want to dance, baby?

Little Fany shakes her head stubbornly. The frame jiggles as BoA hands someone the camera. BoA, ten years younger, appears on screen and kneels next to Fany.

Fany: Everyone makes fun of me.
BoA: But you’re a wonderful dancer.
Fany: Mom, I .

There was laughter behind Fany. She spins, trying to locate Jo-Kwon in the mirrors.

Kwon: That’s my favorite part. Stubborn child, weren’t you?

Fany's face flushes with rage and relief.

Fany: She’s not here.
Kwon: Sorry. But you really made it too easy.

Visible in the mirror, he sighs, disappointed. Then he steps up next to her and points a video camera at Fany.

Kwon: So to make things more entertaining, I’m going to make a little film of our time together. Borrowed this from your house. Hope you don’t mind.
(turns it on) And... action!

Fany flings her purse at him, and runs for the door.

Kwon: Excellent! An escape attempt.

Suddenly, he’s right behind her. She freezes. 

Kwon: It’ll break Tae's little heart. 

He smells her hair. Touches .

Fany: He has nothing to do with this.
Kwon: He will. His rage will make for
more interesting sport than his feeble attempt to protect you.

He’s having too much fun to notice the peppers spray in her hand. She spins around and sprays him. Then she runs, as Jo-Kwon backs up briefly. But he leaps over her and lands right in front of her. Amused, he flings her across the floor like a bowling ball. She smashe hard into a mirrored column. Jo-Kwon captures it on film.

Kwon: Beautiful! Very visually dynamic.
I chose my stage well. 

He advances toward her.

Kwon: Still stubborn, aren’t you? Is that what makes you special? Because frankly, I don’t see it.

He inhales as if he can taste her already --

Kwon: Too bad he didn’t have the strength to turn you. Instead, he kept you this fragile little human. It's cruel, really.

Jo-Kwon flips on the camera, but the lens is coated with pepper spray. He tries to wipe it off.

Kwon: Well done! You’ve succeeded in
annoying me.

He stomps on her shin! And you can hear her tibia SNAP! Fany screams in agony.

Kwon: Tell Tar how much it hurts.

Abruptly, the camera is in her face --

Kwon: Tell him to avenge you.
Fany: No! Tae, don't...

Jo-Kwon inhales as her blood pools. He leans in, hungry. Fany, half-conscious, watches him turn the camera on his own face. 

Kwon: Cut! The end.

Suddenly Jo-Kwon is knocked away from Fany. He rises to find himself face to face with Tae. Jo-Kwon charges toward Tae, forcing him up against a column.

Kwon: You’re alone... because you’re
faster than the others. But not stronger.

Jo-Kwon smashes Tae's face into the mirror until it cracks.
Tae: I’m strong enough to kill you.

Tae flings Jo-Kwon backwards smashing through a freestanding mirror  into the doorway. He scoops Fany up and leaps toward the balcony exit door when suddenly he and Fany are jerked downward. Jo-Kwon yanks Tae violently onto the floor. Knocking Fany out of his arms. And as Jo-Kwon flings Tae up into the top window. Embedding him in the casement and bricks. Jo-Kwon crouches beside Fany. He grabs her hand, looking directly at Tae with a sinister grin. And he sinks his teeth into Fany's hand! She screams in agony. Tae's rage erupts and  he climbs out of the window casement and suicide-dive-bombs Jo-Kwon savagely plowing him through the floorboards.

Fany POV
As the venom travels through my veins. The dark figures twist and fight, in and out of focus. My eyes suddenly open to see the explosive raw material of Jo-Kwon kicking Tae, delivering death blows when suddenly Tae’s hand shoots up and grabs Jo-Kwons ankle.Tae roars up to his feet and swinging Kwon around like a baseball bat, smashing him into mirror after mirror. Kwon is battered, beaten. I moans and the sound of my pain slices through Tae. In an animalistic fury, Tae bites off a piece of Kwons flesh. Fany was horrified and saw Soo now standing beside Tae, placing a hand on his son’s shoulder. Tae turns to see his father and Yuri, Yoong, and Seo, dropping down from the balcony.
Tae’s expression changes and he realizes he’s gone too far. He backs off as his siblings crouch into attack mode and lunge at Kwon like a pack of animals. 

No One POV
Soo rushes to the injured Fany who screams again in pain. Tae dashes toward her. Fany vision going in and out of focus. It almost looks like a tribal dance as they rip out the floorboards and build a fire. And it’s like a funeral pyre as they rip Kwon apart, throwing limbs into the fire. Soo works fast to assess her wounds, focusing on a massive bleed from her leg. But clearly her hand hurts the most. She writhes in pain. Soo applies pressure to the gash on her thigh. 

Soo: Her femoral artery’s been severed. She’s losing too much blood--Fany: It’s on fire! My hand!
Tae: Venom--
Soo: You have to make a choice. Either the change happen --
Tae: No!

Seo appears behind Tae, fuzzy, indistinct.

Seo: It’s going to happen. I’ve seen it--
Tae: It doesn’t have to be that way.
Soo: Seo, find me a tourniquet. A
rag, a shirt.

Seo holds her nose and avoids the blood as she rips the sleeve off her blouse and kneels to aid Soo. 

Fany: It’s burning!
Tae: What’s the other choice? You said--
Soo(to Seo):Tighter, above the knee --
Tae: Soo
Soo: You can try to the venom out.
Tae: I -- won’t be able to stop --
Soo: Find the will to stop. But choose,
she only has minutes left.

Tae looks down at Fany, thrashing in pain. Finally, Tae takes her hand. She tries to pull it away.

Tae: It’s alright, Fany. I’ll make it
go away.

He looks at her and then starts to the venom from her hand. They never take their eyes off one another, the connection palpable, intense. Fany wild with pain. But subsiding. Tae eyes frenzing and the frenzy has begun. He harder. Hungrily. Anguished, he wants to stop but can’t. Soo's voice sounds miles away...

Soo: Stop. Her blood is clean, you’re
killing her.

But the bloodlust is too strong. He is killing her. Fany looks at him, forgivingly, as she begins to lose consciousness. Tae growing blurry and he disappears into the blinding light. It’s as if she’s underwater, like her dreams...