Hero

Vampire In Love

Bookstore
Fany exits, thumbing through a book she just bought. She heads down the sidewalk, but then hears footsteps behind her. She turns, doesn’t see anyone. She puts the book in her shoulder bag and continues. She felt like she was still getting followed. Isolated. Fany, breath short, scared, turns around just as two me emerge from the shadows, not vampires, but the Frat Boys, really wasted now.

Frat Boy #1: Wanna beer?

She looks to her left and the other two guys are there. She’s cornered. She takes her purse from around her shoulder.

Fany: Look, just take my bag. And leave me alone. I won't tell anyone. 
Frat Boy #2: We don’t want your bag. We just want to have a lil fun with you. 

She takes a defensive stance and wraps the strap around her wrist to use her purse as a mace. They chortle derisively. But when Frat Boy #1 comes near, she swings it, hits him in the groin. The book in her bag doubles him over. The other three laugh, and start to close in. But suddenly a car comes out of no where. Headlights blinding them. A silver Volvo screeches up. The Frat Boys dive out of the way. The passenger-side door opens. It’s Tae. She’s too stunned to even move.

Tae: Get in.

She finally does. But Frat Boy #2 jumps into the game and rushes to Taeyeon’s side of the car. Tae comes to a halt and is out of the car and facing Frat Boy #2 so fast, neither the Frat Boys, nor Fany, see it. Nor does Fany see Tae’s glare, so chilling, so animalistic in its fury that Frat Boy #2, scared, instinctively backs off. As Tae walks back to the car and climbs back into the car, Fany just stares at him.

Taeyeons Car 
Fany continues to stare. She sees that he’s seething with anger, hands gripping the steering wheel, jaw clenched. 
Fany: What -- no, how did you find -- ?
Tae(through gritted teeth): I should go back and rip their heads off.
Fany: No. Bad idea.
Tae: You don’t know the vile, repulsive
things they were thinking.
Fany: And you do?
Tae(covering): Not hard to guess.