Fany has dinner with the Kim's

Vampire In Love

The Volvo finally turns off the paved highway and onto a long serpentine dirt road. It reaches a small meadow, in the center of which sits the Kim's house.  A timeless graceful house. The Volvo pulls up and Fany climbs out, surprised.

Fany: It’s... wonderful.
Tae: You expected turrets, dungeons and moats?
Fany: No.

He takes her hand. She girds herself. They head inside. Tae guides Fany into the large, bright house. Walls of glass look out on the river. Everything’s open and white. Historical objects are tastefully placed throughout. You can hear Verdi’s “La Traviata: Libiamo ne' lieti calici” coming from another room. Fany is enraptured.

Fany: It’s so light and open.
Tae: Thanks to tinted windows... It's the one place we never have to hide.

We then notice clanging coming from the kitchen. Tae shakes his head.

Tae: I told them not to do this.

Fany and Tae enter to find the kitchen in full swing. Soo, Yuri, Jessica, and Sunny prepare elaborate platters of food. Sunny is doing Taes favourite dish. Jessica stirs a pot, disinterested.
Sunny sees Fany and stops, emanating maternal warmth. Her heart-shaped face and billows of hair are reminiscent of the silent-movie era.

Fany: We’re making some food for
you.
Tae: This is Sunny, my mother for all
intents and purposes.
Fany: Annyeong
Sunny: Annyeong!
Tae: This my father and of course you already met him so yeah. And over there is Jessica who is stirring the pot. 

There is basketball on a TV. Yuri hits the DVD remote control.

Tae: And that is Yuri. Jessica husband. 
Fany: Hi nice to meet you guys all in person. 
Sunny: I hope you’re hungry.
Fany: Oh, absolutely. I'm starving. I didn't eat at all since lunch. 
Sunny: Oh good, just go sit at the table it will be ready soon. Tae show her where it is sweetie. 
Tae: Okay, Umma. 
Fany(whispers): You seem to get along with your mom a lot. 
Tae: Yeah, I do. She was there when I needed a mother figure. 

At the table 
Everything is getting put on to the table. There was Tae favourite spicy ribs, soup, rice, kimchi, and spicy noodles. They all dig in. 

Fany: Thank you Ms. Kim. It is delicious. 
Sunny: Your welcome. 

Then continue eating. 

Seo: Hey Fany. 

On the balcony leaps over the rail, holding a bouquet of wildflowers. Yoona follows her. She bounces forward to kiss Fanys cheek and hands Fany the wildflowers.

Seo: I’m Kim Seohyun. You do smell good.
Tae: Seo. 
Fany: It’s alright. 
Seo: Yeah Tae. It's alright. Fany and I are going to be great friends.
Fany(extending her hand): And you’re Yoona, right?
Yoona: Pleasure to meet you.

But he shies away from her hand.

Seo(gently encouraging): You won’t hurt her, Yoong.

He isn’t so sure. Instead Tae takes Fanys hand. 

Tae: I’ll give you a tour of the house.
Seo(with meaning): I’ll see you soon.

Tae shoots Seo a look, which Fany catches before he guides her up the stairs. As they ascend, Fany takes in the art pieces from around the world, Ethiopian crosses, Dresden China, Asian scrolls. They reach a wall of dozens of artistically arrayed silk squares with tassels. Fany looks closer.

Fany: Graduation caps?
Tae: A private joke. We matriculate a lot.
Fany: What a nightmare, repeating high school.
Tae: True, but the younger we start out in anew place, the longer we can stay there.

She shivers at the thought of it, as they continue on. They arrive to a room. 

Tae: And this is my room.

Fany enters to find a wall of glass doors open to a deck, with the river beyond. The rest is floor to ceiling CD's, vinyl, 8- track tapes, etc., with a sophisticated I-pod/stereo set up. And I nice bed and all the walls are coloured blue. 

Fany: Nice bedroom. And I can see that your obsessed with music. 

She runs a hand along a wall of CD’s, studying the titles.

Tae: Do you have any favourites?
Fany: Depends. Alternative? Jazz?
Sixties, seventies...
Tae: Ooh, she knows her music. Alright, nineties. Eighteen-nineties. Classical.
Fanny: I’d have to say... Debussy.

He looks at her, surprised, smiles. He pulls out a CD and puts it on. A solo piano version of Clair de Lune begins to play.

Tae: My favourite too.

He moves closer to her. Takes her hand and spins her around slowly. But she breaks off after. Tae was disappointed

Fany: No dancing. 
Tae: Ever?
Fany: No tripping. No falling. No derision. 
Tae(mischievously): I can always make you. 
Fany: You don't scare me. 
Tae: You should have never said that. 

He grins, a low growling sound in the back of his throat. She laughs and backs out the door, Fany backs up to the rail. Tae appears in the doorway, shifting into a half-crouch, about to pounce.

Fany: Don’t you dare --

Suddenly, she's airborne as he tackles her and they fly off the deck, then she finds herself in a tree in his arms. When she realizes where she is, she laughs, delighted. It’s infectious, he laughs heartily, too...

Kim's House
Soo and Sunny look out the window. Taes laughter filters inside to them and Sunny smiles. 

Sunny: She’s brought him to life.
Soo: He’s been alone too long... but how can it end well?
Sunny: Seo has been wrong before.
Soo: Not often.

Sunny turns to Soo, gentle but absolutely firm.

Sunny: Youngie, Fany is what he wants. It will work out. Somehow.

Soo smiles at her with love, then takes her hand as they look back out the window.

Back to Tae and Fany
Tae looks Fany in the eye.

Tae:Trust me?
Fany: In theory.
Tae: Then close your eyes.

She does, warily. He grips her more firmly, then leaps them to another tree like a flying squirrel! Then, again, to the top of another tree. He easily gets a foothold, while holding Fany. 

Tae: Open. 

She does to see the most astonishing bird’s eye view of the valley, river, and the mountains beyond.