Lunch

Vampire In Love

Fany house
Fany enters, and throws down her book bag and coat, still angry. She starts upstairs but Seung-gi enters from the kitchen.

Seung-gi: Your mother called. Again.
Fany: Your fault, for telling her about the accident.
Seung-gi: She always did know how to worry. (hint of sadness) But... she’s changed, too. She seems happy. Joon sounds all right.
Fany: He is.

She continues upstairs, glancing at her parents' wedding photo. Fany enters her room and went to sleep. 
 
High school- Fany POV
I walked through the doors. I glanced over at the Kim table, Tae with his siblings. He didn't look my way at all. Anger and determination set in again as I join Jaejoong, Kahi, Yoochun and Uee. I drop my book on the table. 

Jaejoong: Jungmun Beach baby. You in?
Fany: Sure. Never been there so why not. 
Yoochun: We leave after school. 
Jaejoong: You can come surfing to if you want. I can help you. I'm pro at it. 
Uee: Jae, you stood up once. On a foam board. And you fell in the water. 
Jaejoong: Shut up, Jungmun baby.
Fany: I won't go if you keep saying that. 

Jaejoong shuts up after he said that. Fany got up to go get her lunch. 

Yoochun: Where you going?
Fany: Getting my lunch. I'm hungry. 
Yoochun: Okay. 

She walks away to the food bar. Fany grabs her tray. She artfully designs an architectural salad. As she reaches for a apple, Taeyeon is suddenly next to her. 

Taeyeon(charmed): Edible art...

Startled, she fumbles and drops the apple. Taeyeon catches it with his foot, hackeysack style, then bounces it back into his hand, the red of the apple, stark against his nice toned skin. He presents it to her with small smile.

Fany: Thanks... but your mood swings are giving me whiplash.
Tae: I said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be.
Fany: What the hell does that even mean?
Tae: It means if you were smart, you’d
avoid me.

Tae inadvertently glances at his six inhumanly beautiful siblings, who wait for him, expectantly, at their table.
She notes her own, very human friends monitoring this conversation from their table. Yoochun glowers jealously.

Fany: So let’s say, for argument’s sake,
that I’m not smart. Would you talk to me? Tell me the truth?
Tae: Probably not. I’d rather hear your
theories.
Fany: Okay... how ‘bout radioactive
spiders? Kryptonite?
Tae(levels his gaze,challenging): You’re talking about superheroes. What if I’m not a hero? What if I’m a bad guy?
Fany(beat, looking closer at him): No. I don’t believe that. You’re not bad. You can be a jerk, but it’s like this... mask. To keep people away.

He’s taken aback by her honesty, her insight, drawn in by her...

Fany: Look, why don’t we just hang out. Like come to the beach with us. It’ll be fun - sand fleas, wind burn, salt water stinging your eyes...

Tae(small smile, considering it): Which beach?
Fany: Jungmun Beach out in Jeju-do. 

His smile lessens almost imperceptibly.

Fany: Is something wrong with that beach?

Tae glances over at Yoochun. The two exchange cold looks.

Tae: It's just a little crowded.

Taeyeon walks off leaving a disappointed Tiffany.