Home sweet home

Vampire In Love

Previously: Tiffany had her earbuds in, she gets a last glimpse of California.   Few hours later... Tiffany arrived in Seoul. She is outside the airport waiting for her dad. Her dad showed up in his police cruiser.   Tiffany looks out the window. Tiffany looks out, taking in the gloomy new surroundings. Fany sits next to her father Seung-gi Hwang who is police chief. Fany and her father barely know each other. She only sees him 2 weeks a year.  

Seung-gi: I'm sorry I was late. I had some reports to do.

Fany: Its fine.

Seung-gi: Get in, bet your cold.  

She just nods and gets in the car. Awkward silence. Finally, Seung-gi broke the silence.  

Seung-gi: How's your mom?

 Fany: Good.

 Awkward silence again.   30 minutes later... Seung-gi pulled up to a two-storey house. The house isn't stylish, but it's comfortable.   Tiffany walks in and sees pictures on the wall of Seung-gi and Ho-dong. One of dad's best friends. And pictures of Seung-gi and Tiffany when she was young. Tiffany walks upstairs. She walks down the hallway. She enters her room. Looks around her room and sees that nothing has changed accept the desk that belonged to my grandpa . Seung-gi follows from behind.  

Seung-gi: I cleared some shelves in the bathroom

Tiffany: Thats right. You only got one bathroom.(weak smile)  

10 minutes later... After settling in, I hear a honk outside. Fany runs down the stairs and looks out the window. She sees a red truck. Seung-gi and Fany walk out. They walk up to 2 figures.  

Seung-gi: Tiffany, you remember my bestfriend Ho-dong.

Ho-dong: Glad your finally here. This guy wouldn't shut up about you. Now I don't have to hear him complaing all the time.

Seung-gi: Shut up before I beat you up.

Ho-dong: Try.  

Siwon shakes his head at his father and Seung-gi as he shyly approaches Tiffany. Both watching their fathers wrestling.   Siwon: Hi, I'm Siwon. We hanged out together when we were little kids.

Tiffany: I remember you. Are they always like that?

Siwon: Ah, yeah all the time. It's getting worse with old age.  

Tiffany and Siwon laugh. Seung-gi then pats the hood of the car, addressing Tiffany.  

Seung-gi: So, what do you think of your homecoming gift?

Tiffany: No way. This truck is mine?

Seung-gi: Just bought it off Ho-dong, here.

Siwon: I rebuilt the engine and..  

Then Siwon was cut off.  

Tiffany: It's perfect. Not perfect its actually awesome.  

She beams. It's the first genuine smile we've seen on her. She rushes to the truck. Followed by Siwon. He hands her the keys as she climbs in.  

Tiffany: Maybe I can give you a ride to school.

Siwon: I don't go to school.

Tiffany: Too bad. Would've been nice to know at least one person.