Meeting Each Other

Vampire In Love

Sungmin: I believe this belongs to you.

He tosses the ball (his casual toss is still blindingly fast) to Soo who easily catches it and smiles politely.

Soo: Thank you. 
Sungmin: Can you use three more players?
Soo: Of course. 
Sungmin: I'm Sungmin, this is Gain and this is Jo-Kwon. 
Soo: Would you like to bat first?
Sungmin: Sure. 

Sungmin picks up a bat. The Kim's take the field. Soo is catcher, Tae is on first, with Fany behind him, near the jeep. Fany sees that Tae's eyes are locked onto Jo-Kwon. Sungmin is at bat first.

Soo: I’m afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us.
Sungmin: Our apologies. We didn’t realize the territory had been claimed.
Soo: Yes, we maintain a permanent
residence.

The three newcomers exchange a look of surprise.

Sungmin: Really? Well, we won’t be a problem any more.
Gain: The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. 

Yoona pitches the ball and Sungmin hits it but Seo is up a tree in a flash and the ball slams into Seo's hand with a THWAP. Sungmin is pissed, but Jo-Kwon smiles ever so slightly, delighted at the discovery of worthy opponents.
Jo-Kwon is up next and he power slams it and he runs past first, past Tae, past Fany. As the wind from the ball ruffles her hair, carrying her scent, which floats to Jo-Kwon who suddenly comes to a halt. His head WHIPS around at her and he lurches into a crouch, his nostrils flaring, excitedly, eyes locked on Fany. 

Jo-Kwon: You brought a snack.

Tae springs in front of Fany, baring his teeth. A truly menacing, feral SNARL rips from his throat. Jokwon growls back. And in a flash, the Kim's rush into position behind Tae. Sungmin and Gain line up behind Jo-Kwon.

Soo: The girl is with us. 
Sungmin: We won’t harm her.
Yuri(hungry for battle): Just try it.
Soo: I think it best if you leave.
Sungmin: Yes, I can see the game is over. We’ll go now. Jo?

But Jo-Kwon eyes don’t leave Tae's. Sungmin puts a hand on Jo's shoulder, and finally, Jo goes backs into the woods with his cohorts, disappearing. Once they’re gone, Sunny immediately gathers up the bats. 

Soo: Get Tiff out of here. We’ll follow
them.

Soo, Yoona and a resentful Jessica race off after the three vampires. Tae scoops Fany up. Tae puts Fany into the Jeep and straps her in. 

Tae: Jo-Kwon is a tracker. I saw his mind. The hunt is his obsession, and my reaction set him off

The tires spin as Tae WHIPS the jeep around. 

Tae: We’re a large clan of strong fighters all protecting one vulnerable human. I just made this his most exciting game ever.

Fany blanches with the dawning realization of what she has just brought up on them all as. The jeep turns. A jolting, death defying ride, splashing through creeks, until they reach the road. The jeep speeds wildly down the road.

Tae: The first place he’ll go is your
house. He’ll track your scent there.
Fany(horrified): What?!? My dad is there. He’s in danger because of me. Because of us!
Tae(calmly): Then we’ll lead the tracker away from him. Somehow.

He angrily WHIPS around a bend, mud flying.