Police Station

Vampire In Love

On the road
Taeyeon’s Volvo speeds along the two lane highway. Fany glances at Tae, might ask him more questions but he seems to be wrestling with his own thoughts. Finally...

Fany: I think I’m warm enough now.

She reaches for the heater dial, he does as well and their hands touch. And hold a moment too long. An electric current connecting them.

Fany: Your hand, it’s still freezing cold.

He pulls his hand away, but she keeps looking at it... then her attention shifts outside to flashing police lights. As they drive past the police station. We see a sheriff’s car pulls away. Seung-gi cruiser is parked out front.

Fany(concerned): Dad’s here late. Something must have happened.

The Volvo pulls up. Fany and Tae climb out. Tae then sees a second car next to the cruiser.

Tae: That’s my father’s car. What’s he -- ?

In a pool of light, a distressed Seung-gi and Soo study photographs and evidence. As they wrap up their discussion, Soo puts a sympathetic hand on Seung-gi’s shoulder, then exits the police station looking grim.

Tae: Soo. What happened?
Soo: Leeteuk was found in the woods
out near his place. I just examined the body.

Tae darkens and Fany is horrified.

Fany: He died? How?
Soo: Animal attack.
Fany: The same kind that killed the security guard?

Tae and Soo trade a look, subtle, but Fany catches it.

Soo: Most likely.
Fany: So it’s getting closer to town.
Tae: Leeteuk lived all the way down in 
Fany: But that’s --
Soo(with a kind, reassuring smile): Fany you should go inside. Leeteuk was your father’s friend.

She goes to the door, but looks back to see them conferring quietly, gravely. Clearly, there’s more to this. She enters to find a distressed Seung-gi studying evidence, photos, maps. Trying to make sense of Leeteuk’s death. Deputies come and go in the background. Fany approaches her dad. He looks up.

Fany: Dad, I’m sorry about Leeteuk. 
Leeteuk: Known him going on thirty years.

He’s obviously torn up. Fany isn’t quite sure what to do. And so puts a comforting hand on his shoulder. Seung-gi the squeezes her hand. It’s the first physical affection we’ve seen between them. And it threatens to evoke even more emotion in Seung-gi. So he tamps it down, and rises, then projects a confident manner.

Seung-gi: We’ll get to the bottom of this, Fany. But in the meantime...

As an ambulance pulls up outside, he opens a drawer, finds out a cannister of pepper spray.

Seung-gi: I want you to have this.
Fany: That’s probably not a good --
Seung-gi: It’ll give me some peace of mind.

She sees he needs this, and allows him to put it into her purse. As Seung-gi goes to get his coat, Fany steps outside to see two attendants hoist a metal gurney into an ambulance. On it, Leeteuks dead, white, bloody bare feet peek out from under a sheet, resting at a disturbingly unnatural angle. Fany feel chilled...