Leaving

Vampire In Love

Seung-gi house- living room 
Seung-gi watches a baseball game on T.V. as the door suddenly bursts open to reveal Fany, crying, and Tae, devastated. 

Fany: I said, leave me alone!
Tae: Fany, don’t do this. Just think
about it, please --
Fany: Get out! It’s over.

She SLAMS the door. Seung-gi has risen, baffled, concerned.

Seung-gi: Fany. What happened?
Fany: I have to get out of this place.
Out of Seoul. I’m leaving. Now.

Fany runs upstairs. Seung-gi hurries after her. Fany slams the door behind her. Revealing Tae already there, pulling things from her drawers and shoving them into a duffle faster than humanly possible. Fany leans against the door.

Fany(a pained whisper): I can’t hurt him.

Tae gives her a look, you have to. There’s a knock. Seung-gi on the other side. It’s agony for both of them.

Seung-gi: Fany. Did I do something--
Fany: No, Dad.
Seung-gi: Then what?
Fany: I broke up with him.
Seung-gi: I thought you liked him?
Fany: That’s why I have to leave. I don't want this. I want to go home.
Tae(whispering): I’ll be in the truck.

And he disappears out the window. Fany continues packing. She opens the door. She walks past him. He follows as she carries her duffle and walks down the stairs. 

Seung-gi: Did he hurt you?
Fany: No.
Seung-gi: Did he break up with you?
Fany: No, I broke up with him. 
Seung-gi: Your mother’s not even in Cali yet.
Fany: She’ll come home. I’ll call her
from the road.
Seung-gi: You can’t drive home now. I’ll take you to the airport in the morning.
Fany: I want to drive. I need time to
think. I’ll pull into a motel in a few hours. I promise.

She walks to the door. 

Seung-gi: Please don’t leave. 

She grabs her truck keys. She’s almost to the door but Seung-gi blocks her.

Seung-gi: I know I’m not around much,
but I can change that. We can do more things together.

She takes a breath, hating herself for what she's about to say.

Fany: Like watch more baseball on the flat screen? Or go to the Coffee Shop? Same people, same steak, same berry cobbler every night? That’s you, Dad. Not me.

This hits Seung-gi hard. She can barely stand it, heads for the door knob. 

Seung-gi: Fany. I just got you back.

Which breaks Fanys heart and forces her to deliver the final blow.

Fany: If I don’t get out now, I’m
going get stuck here like mom did.

Seung-gi is stunned, wounded. She takes advantage of his shock, pushing past him out the door. Fany exits, heads to her truck. Fresh tears spring to her eyes.