Chapter 19

Ouija Board

Earlier, Amber had a call from one of her Grandma's old friends, one of those that tried to help her before with the card. She asked for their help again and this time, its about the Amulet that Dr. Choi Sooyoung's girlfriend possessed. 

"Glad you could make it before my flight." Elder Cho told her as the old woman descended the stairs. Her granddaughter who opened the door for Amber helped her to sit to the couch where Amber followed them.

"Thank you for responding in such a short notice. I know youre busy and you only have an hour so Im not going to keep you. The amulet, is there no other way to reverse its effect?" Amber voiced out her main concern, she knows that they dont have much time in their hands, specially when the latter told the old woman about the amulet's owner being hospitalized.

"There is none, really." Amber sighed. It wasnt exactly what she wants to hear. She didnt travel all the way to the north just to get that sad news. "But..." Her head whipped to the old woman who handed her an old book.

"This is the book of charms. My family had it for centuries and I believe this book has the answers you needed."

And with that, Elder Cho and Amber bid each other goodbye.

She immersed herself into reading as soon as she found the Amulet's page, while walking, inside the bus, and while in the train on her way back to their city.

"What the hell?" She exclaimed, and everyone walking near her looked at her in utter surprise and detest. "Sorry." She muttered and went back to reading.

She cant believe it. She thinks its absurd, crazy and impossible. But normal isnt really one of the basis of her life. So reading the Amulet's page just gave her more knowledge to Sooyoung and her lover's current situation.

But there's one thing that worried her so much.

"In order to reverse the power of the amulet, a life must be offered."

Amber read it over and over again but the words didnt change, and now she doesnt know how is she going to tell that to Sooyoung.

Her phone rung then, finally a breather.

"Hello?" She answered without looking at the caller I.d. "Mom? Wait what's going on?" She asked when she heard her mother saying incoherent words as she sobbed.

"Dad, whats goin on why is mom crying?" Amber got worrier when she heard her dad sighed deeply and she almost lost hold of her phone when she heard him said, "Krystal had an attack, we rushed her to the hospital as soon as we can. Your mom's in shock. Just get your here, please.." 

Without any more thoughts, Amber hailed a cab.

"Room 309 please." Amber tried to catch her breath as soon as she reached the hospital's lobby.

"Hey Amber.." Someone called her before she went inside the lift.

"Hey Tae, Im in a hurry." She answered with tears on her eyes, something Taeyeon noticed. 

"Are you okay?" 

Amber shook her head. "Please tell Sooyoung I need to talk to her about the amulet."

And after Taeyeon nodded her head, the lift closed.

"Where is she?" She asked as soon as she saw her dad standing beside her crying mom.

"She's in there." They both looked at the door. "We called her parents already. Theyre booking the first flight tomorrow."

The door then opened and nurses came out. The doctor in charge then followed, "Krystal Jung's family?" 

Amber and her parents then came towards the doctor. "She's a bit stable now but we cant really tell. Her body is weakening every seconds passed. And I was told that she's looking for an eye, kidney and heart donors; we may have some volunteer donors in our list but I have to check first. If one of you can come with me to sign some wavers, so we can start to run some tests..."

Amber replied, "Her parents will come tomorrow. I think you better talk to them first about this. But can you run the tests now, so we'll know early if we have a match?"

"Sure, I'll see what I can do." The doctor then left them after telling that they can see the patients later tonight.

"I'll take you mom home first Amber."

"Yes dad, I'll call you up once Krystal's awake. Thanks dad."

Mr. Liu patted her shoulders, "It'll be fine Amber."

And all she can do right now was hope and pray that they still have time; that Krystal would still have more time.