Chapter 3

Ouija Board

Amber had been restless for days. Her mind was filled with her grandma's box and the things inside it. She doesnt know what she's supposed to do with them other than her grandma mightve wanted her to have it. Well,what else could be the reason her grandma gave it to her right?

"Amber, are you okay honey?"  Her attention turned to her mother who was already cleaning up the table. She didnt realize it till, she saw that her dishes was already gone and she's still holding her spoon inside .

"Im okay mom. Its just.. I still want to stay more at the ancestral house."

"You know you cant do that, youve got work here and besides Im sure your girlfriend would want to see you now." Amber gave her mother a half smile. Right, her girlfriend. Its been two weeks that she hanst seen her and have only been in a couple of phone calls with back when she was in Korea. Ofcourse she misses her too but her mindwas too busy with her grandma's death.

"I'll drop by her house later. Im still feeling a bit woozy." Her mother instantly looked worried at that. "Just jetlag mom, nothing an aspirin cant cure." She smiled widely to make her point.

They took a night flight from Korea and it was 4 in the morning when they arrived home. Amber was not able to sleep during the flight and found it more harder to sleep when she reached her bed, leaving her to stare at her ceiling for hours till the sun came.

"I'll try getting some sleep mom,if someone called.." Amber thought about it for a moment before adding, "Just tell them I dont want to be disturbed."

"And if its your girlfriend?"

"Im sure she'll understand." Her mother only nodded at her.

Amber then went back to her room and the first thing she saw was her grandma's box. Odd, she hasnt open up her luggage since they arrived so how come it was lying on top of her bed?

She shouldve been used to it but then again, it still gives her a scare. Who wouldnt anyway?

"What do you want me to do with this grandma?"  She asked out again, not sure if something will answer her, but she still asked nonetheless.

Amber locked her door and hopped onto her bed. Her trembling hands reached for the box and slowly opened it. It hasnt been touched since the night she saw it and if her memories serves her correctly, its should be that the board was underneath the cards and the box of charms, so how come, how come that the board was now on top?

"Okay..." Amber muttered to herself as she took the board out, carefully unfolding the board. She found a small heart shaped piece inside it. As she looked carefully of the board,she noticed that it has the 26 letters of the alphabet and numbers 0-9. on the both top edges of the board was a Yes and No writings and some moon and stars drawings on it and same goes on the bottom where she reads 'Hello' and 'Goodbye'. As she scanned the boards longer, the more she feels eerie and to think that it was in a broad daylight made it even more freaky.

It was the first time she had seen it up close since her grandma never really allowed her to be in the room where she do the stuff Amber mostly heard of as black magic. She knows what her grandma can do, her abilities and that she's using it for good but she never really saw her grandma do it in her presence, so she doesnt really know whats the board is for.

"So what can you do?" Amber felt stupid for even asking the board that she knew wont be able to answer her. But then, as she placed the heart shaped piece on top of the spread out board, it moved towards to 'Hello." And really, it freaked the hell out of Amber so she rushed out of her room leaving the board and the heart shaped piece of wood all on the floor.

Well, who wouldnt freak out when you suddenly see something moved without you touching it?

After contemplating whether to go back to her room or not,Amber chose the former. She's sure it was just her grandma saying hello to her so she felt a bit stupid for running out just like that. She had seen and heard a lot of things back when she was living with her grandmother, so how does a moving wood just scared her like that? Like come on what can a board do to her?

"Okay.."  She said, mustering up all her courage as she stepped inside her room once again. Amber looked around and found the board on the floor. "Okay.."  She muttered again but this time its more to herself, like she was trying to console herself or something.

"What are you anyway?" She asked out as she picked up the board and the first thing she thought of was calling her Auntie Lau, since she was always the one with her grandma whenever she's using the board. And thats exactly what she's going to do.

"Mom, I need to make a long distance call.."