Chapter 10

Ouija Board

Amber was again back to square one as the help that she was supposed to received days ago was a failure. Her Grandma's friends Elder Choi and Elder Park along with Auntie Lau tried to contact Elder Liu several times but her Grandma didnt respond to any of them.

"How can I do this if youre not going to cooperate Grandma?" Amber asked aloud and the wooden planchette next to her moved on top of the Ouija board. And for the past few days, the piece always move to Taeyeon's name.

"But Grandma, the nurse said in the hospital that Taeyeon was still off duty." The wooden piece moved again but this time, it went to 'No.'

"Are you saying that she's maybe at the hospital now." The board answered her 'Yes.'

"Do you want me to go there?" The planchette didnt move so Amber assumed it was still a 'Yes'.

"Should I go now?" The wooden piece still didnt move so its still a 'Yes' for her. Wanting to check that her Grandma's ghost was still inside her room she asked, "Can I not do it tomorrow? Its already late." And the wooden piece immediately moved to 'No'.

Sighing, Amber pushed herself up and prepared herself to go.

 

Knowing where Kim Taeyeon's office now after days of going back and forth to the hospital, she went straight to the floor where it is, but the elevator seemed to be having a problem as it didnt open on the said floor.

"Is it broken?" She asked out. She tried to ring the alarm but nothing happened. She tried calling the security but it seems like its also broken.

"Damn it." She cursed, realizing that there was no signal inside the lift as she looked at her phone thinking to call the hospital lobby.

But then the fourth floor button lit up. "Grandma?" 

The door opened and she tried pushing the button for the second floor but the lift's not responding so she stepped out. Who else would play some tricks like that to her other than her Grandma, right? So she walked and walked till one of the patients door opened.

Thinking that there's just someone coming out of the room, Amber walked ahead. But instead, the door opened wider,as if inviting her inside. "Grandma,is that you?"

The door moved again as if affirming her question so Amber peeked inside the room. There was a patient lying on the bed, the boyish girl couldnt see her face with all the tubes covering half her face. There was a lot of medical equipment attached to the patient and there was a sudden feeling of pity crawling in Amber's body. There was also something else, a feeling of familiarity mixed with excitement, but she couldnt understand why. 

She took another step and another step till she's halfway to the bed till the medical equipment made a buzzing noise, an alarm and Amber was sure it was for an emergency. She looked around, confused. She could see the monitor's screen and there were numbers, a lot of numbers, and one of it was decreasing. There were also some lines and as what she saw in the movies she knew it was the life line of the patients.

Scared that she'll be blamed for the sudden emergency, she took steps back till she was out of the room and bumped into the nurses who were responding to the patient. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" The nurse who asked her didnt wait for her reply as she run inside the room to help the others. Two more doctors came and one of them looked familiar to her.

It was that Dr. Choi Sooyoung who bumped into her when she first went to the hospital to look for Taeyeon. The doctor only looked at her briefly before going inside the room. Amber waited outside and contemplated whether she should just go or stay for what,she doenst even know.

Her feet started to move but before she could even take a step, Dr.Choi Sooyoung came rushing towards her and got her on choke hold.

"What the hell did you do to her?"

"Nothing.. I didnt do anything, I swear." Amber struggled to speak having her neck gripped tightly by the tall doctor's hands. "The door was opened so I just went inside to look then her machines started making noise, I swear I didnt do anything." Still unconvinced though, the doctor let her go.

"Sorry." Doctor Choi Sooyoung muttered as she ran her fingers through her hair. "She's the only family Ive got left." She told her.

"Im sorry too, but I swear I didnt do anything to her." The doctor only nodded at her and wiped her face with her palm. 

The nurses and the doctor came out and patted Dr. Choi's shoulder. "She's stable now. Just dont go inside her room for now." The doctor informed her which she responded by a nod and muttered a thanks.

"what are you doing here again?"

"Im looking for Kim Taeyeon." At her answer, the doctor's brow creased. "Why are you looking for my friend?"

"I dont even know what to tell her to be honest. I just need to talk to her about something very important." Amber answered.

"I see. But she's now doing a summit at Cheonji Island."

"Choenji? Near Baeksu town?" When Sooyoung nodded, Amber almost jump on her spot. All along, the person she needed to se and talk to was just a boat ride away from where her Grandma's house.

"Can I know where exactly she stays there?" Sooyoung pulled out a pen and ripped a piece of paper from her pocket notebook where she wrote Taeyeon's accommodation at the island. 

"Thanks Dr. Choi." Amber bid the doctor goodbye but before she could walk far away from the tall doctor, she added, "I hope she gets better soon."

Amber went out of the lift with a relieved smile plastered across her face when her phone rang. Seeing the specific number her smiled grew even wider. She swiped her phone's screen and placed it onto her ears.

"Hello Krystal, baby." The smile on Amber's face disappeared as she heard her girlfriend's faint voice, "I need you Amber."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



And finally, Krystal's here.