chapter 6

Ouija Board

Amber was busy packing her things, stuffing her clothes into her luggage with the help of her Grandma's ghost.

"You know Grandma, Im starting to think you know my wardrobe better than me." Amber chuckled as she made her joke. Another set of pants levitated their way into her luggage. "And you even know which ones are my favorite." The boyish girl was too amazed, its been 5 years yet her dead grandmother still knows what she likes.

A knock on the door disturbed Amber from reminiscing her childhood with her loving grandma. "Yep, what is it?"

"Are you done?" It was her dad.

"In a bit." The door opened and her dad came in and sat himself in Amber's swivel chair.

"Are you really sure about this?" Her dad asked, it was the hundredth time he asked it and the boyish girl is starting to get annoyed with the question. "Dad..."

"Hey, dont look at me, your mother kept bugging me with it." Her father asked while his arms were up in the air like he was surrendering or something. "We're just worried okay. You quit your job and now youre going back to Korea, not to mention leaving your girlfriend behind.."

"She understands." Amber's voice was low and soft and Mr. Liu knew when not to push. "Hey, Im just saying.."

"This is for Grandma dad."

"I know."

"If this is the only thing that can help her, you know I'd do it.I cant just let her be like this Dad. She needs to crossover and Im the only one who can help her." Amber said, slumping her body next to her dad once she finished packing her bag. "And she wants me to go back to Korea."

"But do you really need to quit your job?"

"I'll find another one as soon as I helped Grandma, so dont worry."

"And what about her?"

"Dad, we talked about it already and she's fine with it." Not long ago, Amber went to her girlfriend and she confessed everything that was happening to her lately, from the time she went back to Korea to the time her grandma asked her to go back to Korea; Amber didnt left any single information. thats just how she is, a very sincere and never-lying kind of person so trusting and believing her was not hard for anyone to do.

And so, as she told her girlfriend that she needs to go back to Korea to help her dead grandma, Amber was given a pass and a permission by her girlfriend with a promise that she'll come back home safe and unharmed.

For being in a relationship for 4 years, Amber had always wanted to introduce her girlfriend to her grandmother but due to inevitable circumstances, her grandma and girlfriend never met.

"So I guess, no one can really stop you from going huh?" Amber shook her head vigorously then her father patted her head. "Youre really just like your mom, motivated and driven."

"Im like you too dad, family comes first right?" And Mr. Liu knew what his daughter meant about it.

"Yes, family comes first."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber and her parents were now bidding goodbye at the airport. Reminding their duaghter of the things se needed reminding of such as eating on time and being careful of herself and staying out of trouble which Amber heard like a hundredth times already inside the car.

"Yes Mom, I perfectly heard what you said. Yes Dad.. I wont stick my nose to something I know dangerous.. My god you two.. Please stop treating me like Im five.."

"Sorry Kiddo, you sometimes act like one." And her dad ruffled her hair before her phone rung. "Ohh hello baby? Wishing for my good trip? Yes, baby I'll take good care of myself.. I know.." She covered her phone and faced her parents. "She's saying the same things to me, did you planned this?" Her parents then burst into laughter, one thing they like about Amber's girlfriend is, she got her on choke hold which for them is quite an entertaining sight. "Yes baby. I love you. Call you when I get there." And with that, Amber ended the call and hugged her parents one last time before she went inside the gate.

"So I guess this is it huh?" She muttered to herself. For Amber it was an adventure, she doesnt know where she'll go first or where it'll take her in the end but she has a goal,a mission.. and thats to help her grandmother.

Her sunglasses that was originally on top of her head fell onto her nose and something even fixed it properly and she realized, it was her grandma's ghost. "Ohh well, atleast Im not alone on this, I got you Grandma."