Chapter 14

Ouija Board

She was in the middle of a white room and in front of her was a table covered with a white cloth, atop it was a balance scale with nothing inside it. Seconds after staring intently at the empty scale, three objects suddenly appeared next to it; the amulet, the tarot cards and what seems to be a ring that looks exactly like the one she has. She raised her hand to check only to be surprised to see the ring gone. She looked at objects on the table again and they were now in the balance scale with the amulet and the tarot cards in one weighing pan and the ring on the other.

"How are these equal?" She mentally asked herself but she could hear her voice echoing inside the room.

"Amber.." She turned around and saw her grandmother smiling at her. "She'll be fine. When all this end, she'll be fine. I promise you that."

A head then peeked behind her grandmother. She could see the person's eyes clearly and it looked so familiar, like she had seen those eyes before she just cant tell when and where.

A hand then was extended towards her, and judging how it wasnt wrinkly or worn out, she assumed it wasnt her Grandma's.

She doubted for a second but decided to held her hand out as well, ready to reach for the hand that was asking for hers. But before their hands touched, she was pulled out by a sudden force and she felt like she was falling...

Eyes opened and focused, Amber then realized she fell asleep and was dreaming. Her eyes then fell on the Ouija board next to her. She was talking to her Grandma earlier about postponing their plans about her unfinished business, not that they have any actually, there was still no good news coming from her Grandma's friends about the Tarot Card and the Amulet, so there's no plan yet. Not at the moment atleast.

She sat up and picked the wooden heart shape piece of the board that was on top of the word NO. It meant that her Grandma doesnt want her to leave.

Then she remembered her dream. "She'll be fine. When all this end, she'll be fine." She repeated. "Was she talking about Krystal?"

One month. Krystal's doctors only gave them a month to look for donors outside the country since the hospital itself is having a hard time looking for donors in the country, because its either there's a donor but is only 75% match and suitable yet there's no guarantee that Krystal's body will take the new organs well, or that there's no donor at all. Krystal's parents doesnt want to take the risks. Theyre scared that they'll just lose their only daughter in the process, so no waver had been signed, not unless there'll be a 100% match.

One month and Amber can lose her girlfriend over her grandma's unfinished business. She doesnt want that to happen. But she doenst know what to do. She's torn in between her responsibility over her family and her reponsibility as Krystal's girlfriend. She wanted to do both, but she knew she had to let one go, which, she doesnt know.

Couple of hours ago, Krystal's mom phoned her just to ask when will she come back because Krystal's looking for her. She knows how her girlfriend is -- hooked in all different types of life-saving machinery that kept her going till now and under sleep-inducing medicines, and the only time she's awake, she's asking for her. That thought broke Amber's heart. She felt useless, just so useless.

Ohh how badly she wanted to be with her girlfriend's side right now.

She dwelt on it for another hour and came to a decision to book for a flight the next day. She told her grandma about it with which she got a no for an answer. And thats when she cried herself to sleep.

She sighed and looked around the room, trying to feel her grandma's presence.

"When will this end Grandma?"

The planchette moved and it spelled the word SOON.

"Is Krystal really going to be okay after this?"

And again, just like the old times, she felt so assured whenever her grandma answered her like this, "Trust me."