Chapter 17

Ouija Board

"'Youre finally awake." Amber groaned as raised her hand to rub on her temple. Her eyes opened and focused on her bstfriend's relieved face. "Henry... What are you doing here?" She roamed her eyes around and found that the room was not familiar to her. "Where am I?"

"In the hospital." Ohh right. Amber then remembered what happened, she had been stabbed.

"Where's Taeyeon?" She asked."Where's Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri?"

"I have no idea how you knew them but theyre all safe now.  Doctor Kim just had stitches on her head just like you. Nurse Yuri is perfectly fine, so is Miss Jessica."

"And Tiffany?"

"She died. She fell from their second floor."

"Ohh." Somehow, she felt thankful that she wasnt conscious when it happened, although she somehow hated Tiffany for stabbing her, still, a life had been lost and Amber felt bad for Tiffany's death.

"You should go and rest, I'll call your doctor."

But before Henry could stand, Amber stopped him by his wrist, "How long have I been out?"

"Two days."

"Two days?"

"Yeah, mom called Auntie and Uncle Liu. "Theyre on their way now." Henry said as he took his phone out when it dinged for a new message.

"What? Theyre coming?"

"Yeah, and they said your girlfriend's with them."

"What?" Amber felt like her head was throbbing even more. It had been so long since she last saw and talked to her girlfriend and she felt so bad that she seemed liked she's neglecting her sick girlfriend and now, Krystal's on her way to her despite her condition.

Ohh such terrible girlfriend Amber is.

"Henry, can you ask when can I be discharged as well?" 

"Yeah, sure." And with that Henry left.

Few minutes after, a doctor and a nurse came over to check her up and told her that her wound on her head was now healing and no other concussion. But she needs to restrict her movements so as not to open her wound on her stomach.

Later that afternoon, she had asked her nurse if she can go out for some fresh air with which the nurse gladly allowed her.

"They said we'll find you here." Amber turned to Taeyeon's voice. Next to the short doctor was Jessica. It was her third time seeing the girl but she cannot wave off the feeling of familiarity, like she had seen her somewhere before, other than their first encounter in the island.

"Hi." Jessica greeted. "Thanks for saving us."

"If you didnt come then, we're probably dead by now." Taeyeon added.

"Good thing Grandma gave me a warning."

Taeyeon and Jessica's confused looks urged Amber to explain more, telling them about the Ouija board that she uses to talk to her dead Grandma's ghost.

Taeyeon sure believed her, but if Jessica did as well, Amber's not sure of. The girl's face seemed blank and distant.

"You know, you can laugh it off if you find it crazy." Amber found herself saying but Jessica just looked at her and smiled and really it looked so familiar that Amber felt her heart beat raised tenfolds.

"With everything that happened to me these past few months, I dont think nothing is impossible anymore."

"Sorry about your sister though, but she's really insane." Amber waited for Jessica's reaction but a shook of her head wasnt what she's expecting. "She's not really my sister."

"She's not?"

"Its along story." Taeyeon butted in.

"Well, Ive got nowhere else to go.." Amber said as she referred her swivel chair. "Ive got all the time in the world."

And the now-couple sat on a bench in front of Amber and told her everything.

"You mean, Jessica's really not a Hwang, and the family had such a psychological history that took advantage of Jessica's amnesia?" Jessica nodded.

"Mrs. Hwang had been mentally and emotionally deteriorating ever since her first daughter had died four years ago and when they found Jessica on the shore, despite Mr. Hwang's warning, his wife took Jessica in and led her believed that she's a Hwang as soon as they found out that she has amnesia. Tiffany had developed mental disorder as early as four and wen she had been blamed for the older Hwang's death, it became chronic to the point that she had been hospitalized but when her dad lost their business, Tiffany was pulled out of the hospital and had been cut off with her medicines ever since. And adding Jessica and me to the equation, Tiffany totally lost it." Taeyeon explained.

"Good thing I triggered something within her before she went through her hypnosis session." Amber's had turned to Doctor Choi Sooyoung who offered them coffee. "Thanks for saving my bestfriend and cousin."

"I never knew Doctor Kim is your cousin." Amber said as she looked back and forth at Taeyeon and Sooyoung for any resemblance.

"She's not, but I am." Jessica butted in.