Chapter 24

Ouija Board

Just a quick recap...

Amber's grandmother died and now she'ss obliged to help others in need that her grandma had failed to help in her passing; but there's more to the story than meets the eye. Krystal, Amber's girlfriend, is sick and in need of a donor.

Amber tries to shuffle her time in between her girlfriend and the people she needed to help, most especially her grandma who needs her help in order to crossover.

Will she be able to help Krystal on time?

 



 

She found Krystal sitting on the bed, reading a book and a smile was glued on her face. Though the younger girl looked so worn out due to her illness, that same smile that made Amber fall for her can literally light the room, any room in fact, can still make Amber's heart skip a beat.

They had been together for years and there's nothing Amber wanted more than to spend all her life with the love of her life. She had even drawn up plans for years and years to come and she can't immagine living her life without Krystal, but as she look at her girlfriend on that hospital bed with her face so pale and her body looked like it dropped some weight, she wonders how long till her girlfriend disappears from her life for good? Does she still have enough time with Krystal?

And she can't help the sadness that escaped through her face. She had been so preoccupied in helping her grandmother that she felt like she had neglected the girl whom she's ever been in love with. Yeah, sure, she's always in the hospital everyday, but when she does, it's either she's reading the book of charm or on a phone helping out others. She just feels so bad for her girlfirned.

"You're doing that face again." Krystal's voice pulled her mind off the hundred things she's being sad about.

"Huh?" Amber dead panned as she walk over to her girlfriend to kiss her. "What face?"

"That face that says I'm dying." Her girlfriend cupped both her cheeks and claimed her lips. "I'm still alive now, aren't I?"

Amber sighed and tried to shoo away the worry that kept crawling within her skin. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's just, we're still not getting any donor for you Krys, I'm afraid I--" Krystal shut her up with another kiss. "At this point Am, there's no use to be afraid anymore. I think I'm done being scared for myself and the last thing I want right now is for you to also be afraid because of me. I need one of us to be strong at the very least."

"You're not giving up, right? I mean..."

"Of course not, I still have hope." Krystal takes her hand and held it like it was a beacon of hope or something. "I just have this feeling that everything will work out just fine."

The younger girl had aways been so positive with her perspective of life, even after she got sick, Krystal had always been such a ball of light and Amber can only hope that she has half of her girlfriend's positivity, especially now. She felt like her normal life had gone over drastic changes ever since her grandmother's death and it's draining the life out of her; she even had a close call when she was stabbed trying to help Dr. Kim Taeyeon before. If she's not just worrying about her grandma's soul not crossing over, she woul'dve just stayed in the US and would've focus all her energy taking care of her sick girlfiend.

"You know I love you right? But I love you more when you're doing things that you love the most and I think helping others makes you happy Amber." She smiled at Krystal's comment and it's true. She was so happy that she had managed to help Taeyeon with the Tarot Card and now as she tried to help Sooyoung with the amulet, although there had been a cassualty and another life in danger, she's just happy she's been able to help them on behalf of her grandma.

"I'll still be here waiting for you after you help them Amber, Im not going anywhere." Krystal reassured her with a smile as Amber proceeded to tell her the incident that happened earlier with Dr. Sooyoung and Sunny's parents.