Chapter 13

Ouija Board

Amber was busy reading a book titled A Guide to Tarot Reading as she wanted to have more information about the card Taeyeon gave her yesterday when their doorbell rang. Knowing that Auntie Lau will be there to attend the door she continued reading after highlighting a phrase on the book.

"Auntie Liu, do you think we can ask help from Grandma's friends? Im sure they'll have more idea about the card that these books. Its only the technical terms, its not giving much." She yelled after closing the book.

Few seconds after, her Auntie Lau appeared. "Someone's looking for your Grandma. I told her she's dead so she wanted to talk to you instead."

Amber just nodded ad followed her Auntie to the door.

"Dr. Choi Sooyoung.." She greeted their visitor when she realized who it was. 

"Amber, youre Elder Liu's grand daughter?" Amber nodded and let the doctor in her home.

"You came to talk about my Grandma?"

The doctor hesitated. "Well, actually, I wanted to talk to her personally but I just found out she's dead. Im sorry for your loss." Amber only nodded at that and urge the doctor to continue talking. "I have an amulet."

At the mention of the charm, Amber's eyes twinkled with excitement. "The amulet? You have it? Really?" She asked rather enthusiastically.

Last night, when she was just starting to read the Tarot Guide book, her Grandma talked to her through the Ouija board and the word amulet came and just like the other times, there's no further information about it and Amber resort to search all about different charms in the internet. And whilst she busied herself again reading the Tarot book, the computer screen and on it was a picture of an amulet with its details.

Its her Grandma's second unfinished business.

She thought it'll take her longer time to find the amulet since her Grandma didnt gave any name, but there Choi Sooyoung was, claiming that she has the amulet.

"No, actually its not mine but a friend's and your grandma gave it to her parents. Its a luck charm and its really working. She has all the luck in the world but not the luck with love." The tall doctor showed her a picture of it. "It looks like this."

Luckily, Auntie Lau came and overheard their conversation. "I remembered that day when she gave it to the Lee couple. Ive seen the mother and the eldest daughter on your grandma's funeral and theyve talked to your mom."

"Theyve talked to my mom?"

"About the side effect of the charm. Soonkyu, if my memory serves me right, the eldest daughter wore the amulet and in exchange of their never ending luck was the girl's inability to experience love. She can love but she can never be loved back by the person she loves or the magic of the amulet will wear off."

"What? The amulet can do that?" Amber asked as she had no idea that charms has any negative effect n the person wearing it. "Thats just cruel."

"Actually thats why Im here. I fell in love with her. I fell in love with Soonkyu. And now, the magic of the amulet is wearing off. Their lives are at stake." The doctor confessed.

"And now youre here to see if we have something that can reverse the effect of the amulet. Am I right?" Sooyoung nodded.

"Ohh my dear, there's nothing you can do. The person wearing it needs to accept the consequences responsibly." Auntie Lau told her. 

"But its unfair. She didnt want any of it." Doctor Choi Sooyoung's voice was weak, soft and sad. Being told now that she cant do anything for Sunny made her pity herself. "Please tell me there's another way. I dont want to lose her, I love her."

Amber sympathetically placed her hand over the tall doctor's shoulder. "Dont worry. We'll try to look for something. If Grandma gave her the amulet and she wants me to help you with it since its one of her unfinished business, I will help you Doc." At that, Choi Sooyoung's face lit up. "I will try to help you."