Chapter 12

Ouija Board

Amber didnt want to waste her time as she  immediately set her day to find Kim Taeyeon.

After some thinking last night, she booked a flight back to US in three days so she needs to settle whatever her Grandma's unfinished business with the doctor. She needs to be with Krystal. She needs to go and see her even though she knew she cant really do anything about her girlfriend's illness. She knew her presence will already be enough for Krystal.

They hadnt seen each other since she decided to help her Grandma. 

It wasnt that she's neglecting Krystal, it was the younger girl's decision herself. She knew her illness has becoming worst and she's not sure if she'll get better or if she'll ever get better or she'll just die one of these days so she told Amber not to visit her in the hospital as often as she did before. Amber knew what Krystal was trying to do and even though it was breaking her heart ,as a good girlfriend that she is, she followed her. Amber didnt visit her since she came back from Korea till she left US.

And the call that she had received last night was a wake up call.

That no matter how strong Krystal wants to portray herself in front of Amber, she knew she how weak she is. Amber knew how weak Krystal is, and she needs her right now. Krystal needs her, so she'll be with her soon, right after she finishes with her mission with Taeyeon.

"Has anyone seen Dr. Kim Taeyeon." A nurse was trying to help her find the doctor in the summit. The island's clinic is crowded with sick people trying to get a consultation and its probably the busiest hour but Amber needs to find Taeyeon as soon as she can.

The nurse in front of her stopped another nurse and asked the same question. "She was on her tent with Seunghwan earlier." The kind nurse then led them to a tent where a nurse and a doctor was busy checking up a patient, but the doctor wasnt Kim Taeyeon though. The nurse named Son Seunghwan told them that she took the rest of the day off.

Feeling a little bit disappointed for the hours she waisted in the clinic but relieved as well that the doctor was indeed in the island, it couldve been worst of Taeyeon was away, but luckily, the nurse said that Taeyeon went back to her quarters. Amber thanked the kind nurse and set foot to go to the doctor's lodge.

She was walking quickly and wasnt entirely looking where she was walking resulting to her colliding to another body that was also walking the same path, only from a different direction.

"Sorry." Amber muttered but soon lost her voice when she saw the person she crashed with. She looks so familiar and she felt like she had seen her somewhere before, she just couldnt figure out where and who she was but Amber felt like she knew her.

"Watch where youre going next time." The girl said in a icy tone. Funny is, it reminded her of Krystal on their first meeting. 

"Sorry again." Amber apologized again before resume walking again but not without throwing some glances of the running girl's back that was slowly disappearing from her sight.

"Jessica.. Jessica, wait.." Amber heard before her body collided again with another body, only this time, it wasnt her that was on the floor but a tiny girl wearing a white lab gown.

Remembering the picture the nice nurse showed her of Dr. Kim Taeyeon, Amber soon realized that the girl in the white lab gown that was currently wincing in pain on the ground was indeed Kim Taeyeon herself.

"Dr. Kim Taeyeon?"

"Yes?" The doctor asked back as she gather herself up from the sandy ground.

"I need to talk to you, its emergency."

"I actually do have one as well right now, can we talk tomorrow or when Im not busy? My hands are kind of full right now." The doctor was about to run but Amber was quick to stop her by holding her wrist.

"I dont think we have much time Doc. Im here for the card." At the mention of the last word, Kim Taeyeon looked at her from head to toe. "And who are you?"

"Im elder Liu's granddaughter. We were not able to meet each other when you came to our house that day. I believe you have something of my Grandma's possession."

The doctor was throwing glances between Amber and to the space where the running girl went to, the boyish girl sort of understood the doctors situation, but really, there's no right time for them to talk but now.

A heavy sigh escaped Taeyeon's lips. "Yes, yes, she did gave me a card the day before I came to your house. I dont know what is it for and why she gave it to me since it was my mother who had been her patron for so long. We only saw each other once or twice so I dont understand why would she give me a card with a warning. 'Be careful of the frozen heart.' It just doesnt make sense."

"I know. Im still as confuse as you well. But my grandma's ghost sent me here to help you." Doctor Kim Taeyeon laughed at her but when she didnt gave any sign that she was joking and indeed was serious about what she said, Taeyeon asked her, "Help me? With what? And why?"

"The card. Im sure its giving you a warning about something."

"Oh it did alright." Amber caught on easily. "Ohh."

"So you said youre going to help me, why? What would you gain with it?"

"My Grandma cant crossover because she left some unfinished business here on earth. I need to help her so she'd crossover." Amber paused and stared at the doctor; weighing her words carefully. "Youre my Grandma's unfinished business, so I need to help you as well."