Chapter 15

Ouija Board

Amber found herself on a boat headed towards the Island to meet Doctor Kim Taeyeon. An hour ago, she had received a text message from the said doctor that she needs help.It didnt sound urgent or an emergency but Amber decided to call the doctor and when she did, the number had been deactivated. Knowing that the Doctor was never a joker and takes everything seriously, she started to worry, more so when her laptop screen that she had just a minute after she called Taeyeon, flashed the doctor's name on the screen.

Amber immediately turned to the Ouija board and talked to her grandma whom only told her one thing, 'Help Taeyeon.'

Without wasting any more time, Amber grabbed her jacket and headed off to the island.

"Have you seen Doctor Kim?" She immediately asked all the clinic staffs that she came across as she roamed around the small clinic looking for the doctor, but unfortunately, not one of them saw Taeyeon.

She then remembered Sooyoung; fishing her phone out of her pocket, she called the tall doctor. "Have you heard from Doctor Kim?" She asked without giving any proper greeting. If Taeyeon is indeed in need of help, she cant waste her time chitchatting the doctor's friend.

"Yeah, she called me earlier but then she hung up."

"Did you get to talk to her?" Amber asked while still looking around in hopes to see the short doctor.

"No, she ended the call before I can even say hello. Why?"

"Doctor Kim might be in danger." She told Doctor Choi.

"What? Okay, thats not a good joke." She knew that the tall Doctor doesnt believe her so she elaboarated,  "She sent me a message earlier, she's asking for help. I called her but her phone had been turned off. Now, I cant contact her anymore."

"Maybe her phone just ran out of battery, I mean, she sometimes forgets to charge it."

"Even my grandma said so."

"Your grandma? Isnt she, like, dead now?"

"I can talk to her through a Ouija board. Aissh, we're wasting time here. Do you know anyone who might know where she is?"

"Jessica. She's this girl.." Amber already know that so she cut the doctor midway her sentence, "That she likes, do you know where she lives?"

"I have no idea. But wait, Yuri, she probably knows, if Im not mistaken, Yuri, Taeyeon's junior is hitting on Jessica. She might be able to help you."

"So where can I find this Yuri?" She asked before going back inside the clinic.

"She's easy to spot, she's tanned and has a long black hair and she's a bit taller than you. Ask around, I know she's quite popular there so it'll be easier to find her than Taeyeon." There was a pause and Amber knew that Sooyoung too was now worrying about her friend, "Call me if you got any news okay?" 

With an "Okay." Amber ended the call and proceeded to look for the junior nurse.

Luckily, one staff pointed her to where Yuri was currently attending a sick patient. "Excuse me? Hi. Im.." She hesitated a bit, she doesnt know how to introduce herself as so she decided on, "Im a friend, do you know where I can find her?"

"Sorry, the last time I saw her was almost two hours ago. Odd, because her duty isnt finished yet but she's not around anymore." The tanned nurse answered after offering her a warm smile.

"Do you know who she could be with? Or the last person she talked to?"

Yuri fell into deep thinking and after a second her face lit up and she replied, "Ive seen her with Tiffany earlier."

"Do you have any contact with her?"

"Wait, wait, wait, what is this exactly? Ive known Doctor Kim long enough to know her friends but Ive never met you even once. Who are you really?"

"Im Amber Liu.." Amber hesitated, she doesnt know if telling the nurse that the doctor might be in danger would help but when Yuri's face changed into a knowing look, she sighed in relief. "You.. Youre that Elder Liu's granddaughter Doctor Kim told me about. So are you here to help her about the card?"

"Actually I am, and if we're going to stop chitchatting here, we could probably save her."

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"I think she's in danger."

After a couple of explanations as to how Amber knew that the doctor was in an emergency situation and how is she able to talk to her dead grandma, Yuri decided to tag along to the Hwangs to ask if Tiffany knew where Taeyeon went after they talked.

They knocked on the door but no one answered. They tried again but still no response. They circled the house but the windows are all shut close although they can hear faint movements coming from inside the house.

"Tiffany? Jessica?" Yuri called out but still no one answered.

Amber then caught a curtain moved at the second floor, she saw a head peeked behind it but as their eyes met, the person immediately closed the curtain again and when someone shouted "Help, somebody help us." coming from inside the house, Amber and Yuri exchanged glances.

"That sounds like Doctor Kim."