Chapter 25

Ouija Board

Amber was deep asleep when Krystal’s hospital bedroom door opened and in came a panicking Taeyeon. “Amber… Amber…” She called out frantically. “Where are you?”

The boyish girl was awakened by the short doctor’s loud voice and the door banging as it slid open. “What? “What? What is it?” Groggily, Amber sat herself up and rubbed her eyes off of sleep.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon mumbled as she walked past Krystal who was clenching the book hard against her chest, clearly shocked with the intrusion, though she had met the doctor a few times now, still she didn’t think she’d barge in her room like that. “It’s just… there’s an emergency.

“What is it? What happened?” By this time Amber was already on her foot, brushing her hair with her fingertips. “Is Jessica okay?”

“Yes! I am okay. It was Sooyoung who…” Taeyeon’s girlfriend’s sentence cut midway as she stepped inside the room and her eyes fell on Krystal sitting on the bed. “Soohyun?”

Amber’s girlfrind tilted her head and looked at Jessica with curious eyes.

“Krystal, this is Jessica, Taeyeon’s girlfriend. Jessica this is my girlfriend, Krystal.” Amber introduced the two ladies.

For some reason, Jessica found her feet moving towards the bed, but Taeyeon grabbed her arm. “Sica, Sooyoung needs us.” Knowing that her girlfriend probably felt the same curiosity the first time she had seen Amber’s girlfriend.

The boyish girl, who shares the same sentiment as the shorter doctor, knowing that one of the few people she had grown close with and whom she considered as her friends now when she arrived in Korea and after the mayhem her grandmother’s death blessed her with, said, “We can talk all about this once we helped Sooyoung.”

“Yeah, this can wait, but not Sooyoung.” The short doctor seconded.

Amber walked over to Krystal and gave her a peck on the cheeks. “I need to go and save lives.” She smiled bitterly. Ironically, she had been saving few lives when then only person she wanted to save is there, still lying on the hospital bed, waiting for a miracle to happen… for a donor to save the day.

“Go. I’ll be here when you get back.” Krystal returned her smile and her kiss. “Please, be careful.”

“Rest. You’ll need that for the operation later.” Amber reminded her girlfriend, before heading out after Taeyeon and Jessica.

Krystal had been healing well after her kidney surgery few days ago. Amber had been pretty busy with helping her friends but she made sure that she was there when her girlfriend came out of the operating room. She waited patiently and was silently praying for the operation to go smoothly and luckily it did. There were no complications and Krystal’s body is taking the kidney transplant all too well.

And fortunately, yesterday, they received another good news and they were told that Krystal was next in line for an eye surgery. The hospital immediately contacted the newly deceased donor’s family for their approval for the organ extractions and has the operation scheduled as soon as all the recipients we’re informed, including Krystal.

Now they’re only left in search for the heart donor. They’ve found some but none of them were a match with Krystal. It’s all pure luck that Krystal’s weakened heart did not gave up during the kidney transplant and they’re hoping that it’ll be the same with the eye transplant.

“I know what you’re thinking.” Amber said, catching both Taeyeon and Jessica’s attention. “She looks so much like your sister, it’s so uncanny,”

“Yeah, she does.” Jessica mumbled. “How is that even possible?”

“Well, they did say that there’s most likely seven other people in the world that looks exactly like us. Maybe that’s Krystal for Soohyun?” Taeyeon suggested.

Jessica wanted to say that it’s a possibility but there’s something within her that‘s telling her otherwise. When she looked at Krystal earlier, there was some sort of warm and fuzzy feeling inside of her… a sense of familiarity that she could not really place whether it is because Krystal looked so much like her sister or she just misses Soohyun so much and seeing Krystal ‘alive’ made her miss her sister more.

A tear fell from Jessica’s eyes. “Sorry.” She muttered as she wiped it away.

Amber patted her shoulders while Taeyeon held her hand, both knew what she’s going through right now – her sister in a coma and the possibility of losing the only living family she has, her cousin, Sooyoung. It’s all too much.

“We’ll save her.” Amber assured her… assured them. She doesn’t know what exactly happened yet to Sooyoung other than what Taeyeon told her, that their friend wore Sunny’s amulet and she’s unconscious in one of the hospital’s bed. “I don’t know how yet but we will definitely save her.”