Chapter 21

Ouija Board

"I probably missed out on something here. There must be a way other than giving up someone's life. Offering means like we're going to kill the person right?" She rumbled as she turned pages of pages of the thick book of charms on her lap.

Her unconscious girlfriend stirred a little bit but didnt wake up. Amber walked over to her and brushed off the hair strands that fell upon Krystal's face. "Hang in there baby. Im doing everything I can to help Grandma." It may sound crazy but Amber really believe her Grandma's words that everything and Krystal will soon be okay as soon as her unfinished business is over. She has doubts but she still believes her Grandma.

"Please be strong okay? Hmm?" Krystal had been staying in the hospital for days now with the doctor's insistent and Amber and Krystal's parents takes turns looking after her. Amber spends her nights reading the book of charms over and over again and when its day time, she'll retire to read some more back at their house till she falls asleep and will go back to the hospital at sunset.

And its her third night today. 

Amber went to sit back on her chair across Krystal's bed to spare her girlfriend her murmuring and endless rumblings. She had yet to find anything helpful from the book other than the death it was implying. "We cant kill a person, thats cruel." She says out loud.

Then she saw her Grandma walked over to Krystal's bed and caressed her girlfriend's face. "It doesnt generally say you have to kill my dear. It should be offered. The person should be willing to die in exchange of the amulet's owner's life."

Amber stood up. "So does that mean that one of Sunny's family should kill themselves?"

But before Grandma can answer her question she jerked upright, a hand were shaking her shoulders. "Just a dream." She mumbled to herself.

Her eyes met Mrs. Jung's who was staring at her with concern. "You must be very tired to fell asleep on the floor Amber." Her brows creased. Werent she just sitting on the chair earlier, so why was she now on the floor?

"Why dont you go home and we'll look after her for tonight."

"But you already took care of her the whole day today." Amber was about to say more but Mrs. Jung waved her off. "She's just sleeping on the bed Amber. She's not going anywhere. Me and her dad can always take turns in sleeping. So dont worry about us."

She doesnt want to agree but she knows how insistent can Mrs. Jung be. "Alright, but I'll come back tomorrow morning so you can rest as well."

Mrs. Jung smiled at her before walking her out of the room. She fished her phone from her pocket and dialed Sooyoung and told her everything.

"So we need to talk to Sunny's family about this. We cant decide this on our own Amber, this is life we're talking about. And I dont think Sunny would want anyone sacrificing their lives just for her." Sooyoung said on the other line.

"How is she anyway?"

"Weak but she's a fighter." Amber can hear sadness in the doctor's voice. "How's yours?"

"She's a fighter too. I just hope we'll find donors soon. We're running out of luck."

"Funny how Sunny has a lot of luck but we cant even use it." Sooyoung laughed bitterly. "I have to go Amber, Sunny's throwing up." Then the line went dead.

Amber felt really bad for Sooyoung. She have learned about the tall doctor and their future CEO's history through Dr. Kim Taeyeon. Its just a pity that when Sooyoung realized her feelings for Sunny, death awaits them and now, they'll be accounted for someone's life if they try to save Sunny's. How unfair can that be?

She felt bad for herself too. Her girlfriend is dying and she's out trying to save someone else's life.

"This will be over soon. I trust you Grandma." And with that, she finally headed home.

True to her words, Amber went back to the hospital as soon as she can although she woke up a little bit late, before noon to be exact, and she's blaming herself for not setting her alarm clock on.

When she arrived at room 309, it was empty and the bed was neatly fixed. "Oh no." Worried crept onto her and the first thing she did was pull the first nurse she saw in the hall way. "Where's the patient in room 309?" Luckily, it was the nurse who had been giving Krystal her medicines for the past three days. "Her parents took her out for a walk." The nurse smiled and patted her shoulders, probably sensing what her worry was about.

"Thank you." She muttered before walking her way towards the garden.

"Hey Amber." It was Dr. Kim in her lab gown, phone in hand, and was getting a cup of coffee from the vendor machine. "Heading out already?"

"No, I was just going to see Krystal."  Amber pointed the way to the garden. "Busy?"

"Not really. No patients yet so Im pampering myself with coffee and probably a walk too." They then walked together, side by side.

"Hows Jessica?"

"Still coping from her loss. Still trying to figure out what to do now, with her parents' dead and only sister in a coma, she's still at lost. But she said she wants to go back to her work soon, to keep her mind off anything family related." The short doctor informed her while she casually sips her coffee. 

Two middle aged person waved at Amber who waved back. She then patted Dr. Kim Taeyeon's arm, "Come on, I'll introduce you to Krystal."

And as soon as they were a feet away from Krystal who was sitting on the wheel chair, Taeyeon's cup fell on the floor, splashing its content everywhere. "Dr. Kim, whats wrong?"

"I-I.. I need to call Jessica.." That was all what the short doctor said before leaving a confused Amber and weirded out Krystal and her parents.