Chapter 20

Ouija Board

Amber sat outside the room 309 where her girlfriend is currently sleeping in. Even though the doctors already told her that she can go inside, she refused; she doesnt want to disturb her girlfriend's rest so she chose to stay outside.

She heaved a lengthy sigh. 

She's been trying to help everyone; her grandma, Taeyeon and Sooyoung, but it seemed like that the person who needs her help the most was on the least of her priorities.

Amber felt bad, angry even. Krystal needs her but she's always away whenever bad things happen. She's like this useless girlfriend Krystal cant even rely on.

"When all these things finished, you'll be able to save her." Amber's head snapped to her right to see her Grandma sitting next to her.

"You said that before, but when are they going to end Grandma?" She asked back, not even surprise to see her Grandma.

"Soon." Her Grandma held her hand tightly. "You just have to trust me and let things happen naturally."

"What do you mean?" 

"The amulet.." Then her Grandma's voice faded.

"Amber.. Hey Amber.." She jolted upright and the first thing she did was check on the chair next to her but it was empty. She realized she fell asleep and was dreaming about her grandma. She then looked up to the person who woke her up. "Henry?" She brushed off her sleepiness and stood up to give her bestfriend a hug.

"I was passing by and I saw you sleeping, I thought you looked familiar but then it is really you." Henry returned the hug. "Are you okay? Youre not hurt again, are you?" She shook her head. "Im not, but my girlfriend is. She had a heart attack, good thing mom and dad brought her here as soon as they can or it couldve been too late." Henry patted her shoulders and motioned them to sit.

"Whats her illness again?"

"Cardiac Sarcoidosis."

"Thats a rare heart illness. How is she holding up?"

Amber sighed. "Pretty badly Henry. She's in need of an eye, a kidney and a heart transplant."

"So the disease had manage to affect her two organs as well. Any donors?" 

She shook her head. "Her parents are willing to donate their kidneys, but Krystal refused. Im willing to give her my organs, but she refused as well."

"I see. I'll help you find a donor. I'll search other hospitals too, maybe we'll find some suitable donors."

They shared a minute of silence before Henry opened the topic on how did Amber got to know Dr. Kim Taeyeon and Nurse Kwon Yuri. She told him everything; how Taeyeon was her Grandma's unfinished business and how was the dead Tiffany the Tarot was referring to as the one with a frozen heart.

"Lucky you, you didnt die when Ms. Hwang stabbed you."

"Yeah lucky me. But enough about me, how have you been? We hadnt talked since the last time you visited me back at the house."

"Well, busy. I practically lives now in the hospital and got engaged." Henry smiled but it didnt quite reach his eyes, something Amber noticed. "Was, I meant was. I was engaged till a few hours ago."

"What happened?"

"I called it off."

"She cheated on you?"

Henry nodded. "But I knew she doesnt love me. Its just her dad's forcing her on me."

"But you love her, dont you? Why didnt you fight for her?" Amber felt bad for her friend. Henry's a good guy and when he love, he love with all his heart. Any girl would be lucky to have him, but poor Henry, girls always to abandons him.

"She loves someone else. I dont want to imprison her Amber, so I let her go and I personally handed her over to the person she loves so much. It hurts but when I saw her smile, I knew it was worth it."

"Youre a good guy Henry, you always have been." Amber patted her friend's shoulders. "Someday, you'll find the right person for you. You just have to wait."

"I dont have any other choice, do I?" Amber shook her head and ironically, she felt like that too; that she has no other choice but to wait and see where things would lead her to.

Atleast unlike the Tarot Card, the owner of the Amulet is now just a call away.