Chapter 9

Ouija Board

Amber looked at the piece of paper in her hand first before scanning the neighborhood. Written on it was the girl named Taeyeon's adress and phone number. When she tried calling the phone yesterday and no one picked it up or ring her back so Amber decided to take a tour to thee town and more specifically to the girl's house.

It wasnt hard to find, in fact, she had been standing in front of the house for a good ten minutes now but she just wants to check if she had the right address before she go knocking and asking the home owner of things she doesnt exactly know what herself.

She consulted her Grandma's ghost through the Ouija board last night but she didnt get any answer.

"How am I suppose to tell her that grandma sent me here for a mission?" Amber contemplated and when she didnt think of any answer she hit her forehead with her palm. "Great Amber, great. Make a stupid out of yourself."

But she still went on, walking towards the door. Heaving a sigh, she pressed the doorbell. No answer. She pressed again. Still no answer. "Hello, ahmmm Is anybody home?" She called out. There was no sound of anyone coming to open the door so Amber took a step back and looked up at the house's second floor. "Hello?" She called out again.

"Excuse me?" A neighbor caught her attention. "Are you here for the Kims?"

Remembering that Taeyeon's last name was Kim, Amber nodded. "Minyeon was out of the country but her daughter, Taeyeon, was here or she's probably just out right now considering how that girl's always out of the house because of her work.."

"Ahhm Maam, do you happen to know when she'll comeback? I just need to talk to Taeyeon."

"Im not sure, but she works at SK specialist, you can go and check if she's there." Relieved that her day wont go to waste, Amber smiled warmly to the old woman and said thanks for her help before heading towards the said hospital, not too far away from Taeyeon's house.

 

"Ahh hi, good morning." Amber greeted the nurse in the hospital lobby. "Is Kim Taeyeon here?" The nurse think for awhile before her face lit up probably realizing who she was looking for.

"Ahh, Dr. Kim?" Amber nodded at that. She didnt know that the girl she was looking for was a doctor. "She's off duty for now but she's here in the hospital Sir." Amber wanted to laughed it off, being referred to as a man, she always finds it really funny that wherever she goes, no one guesses her gender correctly but she didnt. 

After the nurse gave Taeyeon's office floor Amber immediately went off, not wasting any of her precious time. And as she walked towards the elevator, a body collided to her and with the intensity of the collision both where sent to the floor; hitting the ground first.

"Sorry, I wasnt looking where I was walking." Amber was quick to stand up and offered her hand to the person still on the floor that she thought looks familiar. She had this feeling that she had seen her before but she just cant remember when or where.

"Are you.." Amber hesitated at first as she saw tears rolling down the person's cheeks. "alright?"

The short woman didnt answer, instead she just stared at her and when they heard footsteps from where the short woman came from, the woman started running again. "Miss.. Miss.." Amber called out but the woman didnt even turned to look back at her.

"Odd." She muttered, the feeling that she really did saw the woman before still not leaving her even after the woman disappeared around the corner. Then she started walking again but then after a couple of footsteps, Amber had been slammed to the wall. "Damn it." She muttered when pain surge through her back.

Amber had just collided to another body.

"Oh my god, Im sorry. Im sorry." A tall woman said as she helped her. "Sorry, I was just in a hurry."

"Is everyone here in a hurry? Like come on, I just bumped into a girl earlier and now, you." Amber said in an annoyed tone.

"A girl? She didnt happen to be short with black shoulder-length hair, did she?" Amber thought for awhile before nodding.

"Where did she went?" The grip on Amber's shoulder became tighter.

And when the tall girl realized as to why Amber was making a face at her, she retreated her hand. "Sorry. I was just... did you see where she went?" Amber then pointed at the direction where the short girl run to.

"Thanks." But before the tall girl could go anywhere a nurse came out of nowhere and called her, "Dr.Choi Sooyoung."

Annoyed, the tall woman faced the nurse. "Whats wrong?"

"Ceo Lee wants to see you." Amber saw how the tall doctor's body tensed up at the mention of the name.

The doctor only nodded before looking at Amber. She apologized again for bumping onto her before she left.

Remembering her own reason for being in the hospital, Amber tapped the nurse's shoulder. "Ahmm miss, Im here to see Kim Taeyeon. And Im kind of lost now. Do you know where is her office?"

"Sorry sir, but Dr. Kim had just left. You didnt saw her on your way up here?" Amber shook her head.

"She probably went to the other elevator. But if youre going to run now.." She didnt let the nurse finish her sentence, she already made a run for it, hoping that she'll see Taeyeon in the lobby. But once she was in the entrance, she hit her forehead with her palm at the realization, "Damn it, I dont know how this Taeyeon looked like."

Now, she doesnt know what to do, should she go back to Taeyeon's house to see if the doctor was already home or just try calling her first before showing up to her house or work again some other day.

But her thoughts was disrupted when her phone rung, it was Auntie Lau. "Amber, you need to come home now. Help's here."

 

 

 

 

 



I wonder when Krystal's going to show up... hmmmm