Chapter 23

Ouija Board

Amber looked at her sleeping girlfriend and for the umpteenth time that night had asked herself if it is really possible for two people who had no relation at all to look so much alike, like as if their twins.

It was probably the same reason why Taeyeon was so surprised to see Krystal yesterday because Soohyun looked so much like her, but she can be wrong; she hadn’t had the chance to talk to Taeyeon since the Doctor became busy the night before. She’ll just ask her as soon as she gets the chance or whenever the doctor finally replies to her messages.

“Hey…” Amber’s attention turned to her girlfriend who was rubbing her eyes off of sleep. “Still reading?”

She got so sidetracked that she forgot that she still has the Book of Charms open on her lap. She was still going through the Amulet’s page to look for anything that can help Sunny and Sooyoung solve their problem; for they, too, are running out of time.

“Yeah, just light reading.” She closes the book and walked towards Krystal to kiss her cheeks. “You should sleep more. You need to rest for your operation tomorrow.”

Earlier, as soon as Krystal’s parents had signed for the waiver, the doctors immediately scheduled Krystal for an operation for the next day.

“Sleep with me?” Krystal asked her with those eyes that will be blind if they don’t get an eye donor soon as well. “Youre losing weight Amber, you need to rest too.” She was going to argue that she wasn’t losing weight and that she needs to read more but she succumbed to her girlfriend’s pleading eyes.

“You can help your Grandma tomorrow.” Amber nodded at Krystal before squeezing in on the bed with her.

Sudden warmth enveloped her as Krystal hugged her back, despite being in an uncomfortable position and being cramped up on the bed, lying next to her girlfriend gave her a feeling of tranquility; that she shouldn’t have to worry anymore and that everything will soon be alright. She hopes it does, not only for her girlfriend’s operation but also for her friend doctor’s situation and her grandmother’s case.

“Baby..” She paused, she doesn’t know if she’s going to make sense but she’s just really wondering… “Don’t you have any twins? I mean, a sister your parents could’ve given up for adoption before?”

Krystal looked at her as if she had grown another head, and then she continued, “You know, just maybe? I mean, I saw this girl in the fourth floor and she looks so much like you.”

“And you thought she’s my twin?” Amber nodded, feeling a little stupid. “Amber, you do know I am an only child right?” She flushed. Ofcourse she knows Krystal’s an only child but she cant just shake the thought of that maybe, just maybe, Krystal and Soohyun is blood related.

“Then maybe a long, long distance cousin?” She realized she voiced her thoughts out loud. “Sorry baby, that girl just looks so much like you, cant help but think youre blood related somehow.” And then she stuck her tongue out.

“You should really stop watching drama Amber.” That she agreed.

She didn’t know what time she felt asleep but she woke up in an empty bed and panic crept all over her. Her girlfriend is gone. She rushed out of the room and asked every hospital staff she came across but no one seemed to hear or see her, as if she doesn’t exist.

“Am I dreaming again?” She asked to no one. She ran back to Krystal’s room and there she found her girlfriend standing with blood all over her feet.

“Baby, are you okay?” There was no answer.

Amber walked towards Krystal who slowly turned around and to her horror, in her girlfriend’s hand was her heart. She then realized that Krystal mustve ripped it out of her chest seeing a whole where it was supposed to be.

“Its not beating anymore Amber. Its not beating. Am I going to die now?” Krystal asked her with tears streaming down her pale face. “I don’t want to die Amber, I don’t want to die. Help me.”

And then she felt like she’s falling…

“Babe? Baby wake up. Wake up Amber... Am?” She woke up to Krystal shaking her body. “You were crying in your sleep.”

She pulled her face and wiped the tears that were still fresh on her cheeks before hugging her girlfriend tightly.

“Is there something wrong?” Krystal asked her that she answered with a shake of her head.

“Bad dream?” She nodded. And as if Krystal can tell what was Amber’s dream is about, she hugged her back and kissed her cheeks. “Don’t worry babe, its just a dream.”

 

 



 

 

It took me years to update this fic, sorry guys. Been caught up with work and well, love life; cant really balance those two. But anyway, I hope to finish this soon, depends on my free time, that is. And hopefully, I can get back to writing and give you more interesting stories to read.

 

GrandpaBacon, ing out.  ^.^v