Chapter 8

Ouija Board

"Snoopy..." Amber greeted excitedly as her long time childhood friend entered the manor.

"Llama..." A pale white young man greeted back and naughtily carried her as they hugged. "I missed you."

"When did you ever not?"

"Never." And the two friends bursted into laughter which only made Grandma Lau shake her head. "Okay you two, I'll fix some snacks for you so you can eat while youre catching up with each other." And with that, Henry's grandma left them alone in the living room.

"How are you? Youve grown.." Amber ruffled her friend's hair once they where settled in the couch. "When I went to US, your mom said you moved out and went to Canada. Heard youre going to get married soon?"

The pale boy's shoulder fell at the question. "Well, the wedding's been called off two years ago. She cheated on me.."

"Thats just sad. Well, if she cheated then you dont deserve that kind of girl."

"Anyway, enough of me. How about you? Had no news from you for years. Sorry, I wasnt able to attend your Grandma's funeral, I was in a seminar in Hongkong that time."

"Nah, its okay. Being a neuro-surgeon doesnt give you much leisure time, right?" And then Amber told Henry everything that had happened to her recently.

"What? Seriously? You can talk to Grandma Liu's ghost?" Knowing Amber, the young man immediately believed her. He knew her as someone who doesnt know how to lie or make up stories just for the sake of it. She wasnt like that so there's no way for Henry to doubt her friend.

"Not really talk as in talk to her and see her, she can communicate with me through a Ouija board, you know that board.." And Amber described to him the tool she had been using to commuicate with her Grandma and being around the Liu's family, Henry knows exactly what his friend was talking about.

"Ahh yeah, I know that. But isnt it dangerous? I mean, it could be someone else's ghost and not Grandma Liu. Plus, that board can summon even demons."

"I even dreamt about her once. I havent seen her real ghost but I know its her. Its her, I can feel it in my bones so its her. I dont have any other ghost than Grandma anyway."

"Okay. Just be careful, we dont know what to extent that Ouija board can do, specially if someone unexperienced such as you is using it."

"I dont really use it the way we see Grandma use it."

"You mean youre not using rituals or anything?" Amber shook her head and Henry just nodded. "Well, I would love to help you with that mission but my hands are quite full already."

"I understand. Now tell me, whats new with you? Like Ive been telling you a lot already and just like the old days, youre only listening. you should share. Come on, are you dating again?" With the question, the young man blushed. "Come on,spill it already."

"I just met this great girl through a friend, well actually through her father, and he kinda set us up and we're dating now for a week."

"Wow, thats a great news Snoopy." Amber then ruffled his hair again. "You should introduce me to her so I can warn her about your snoring habbits."

"I dont snore."

"Okay, you only drool." Henry playfully shoved Amber's shoulders. "And you, are you dating now?"

"Yep." Amber proudly announced. "5 years. She.. Ahmmm someone you wouldnt think I'd be dating.."

"Amber, no need to keep secrets, I know youre a boy at heart since you started walking. Like come on, we grew up together. If there's someone who knows you better than yourself, it'll be me." 

"So you've always known Im into girls?"

Henry nodded and that made Amber let go of the breath she didnt know she was holding. Her family and her friends opinion always matters t her so hearing that Henry is okay with her dating a girl, it was a relief for her just like when her family showed their support on the very first day she introduced her girlfriend to them. "You should introduce her to me as well."

"I will once we'reboth back in US. God, you dont know how much it meant to me that youre not freaked out about it."

"Gender preference shouldnt be a big deal between friends. Like come on, if I happen to be dating a guy, you'd support me too, right?"

"Ofcourse I will, silly. No need to ask that." And it was now Henry's turn to ruffle Amber's hair. "I missed you so much Llama, come here." Then he pulled his friend into a tight hug.

"Missed you too Snoopy." Amber was about to hug back but suddenly, there was an invincibe force that pulled them apart.

"What was that?" It was obvious that Henry was a bit scared considering he has become even more paler than he usually is.

"Its probably just Grandma. You know how she hates me being too physically close to you or any guy in fact." Then they both laugh at the memory of the deceased Grandma Liu and the ways she did before just to get Amber far away from Henry.

So as the day went on, the two friends continue to reminisce their pasts together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Tada, our very first crossover cast. Henry Lau from Amulet. If you still dont know, Ouija Board, Tarot card and Amuet are just sub plots to a bigger story. So if you guys want to know the whole story, read those 3 fics. Cause this isnt the first crossover scene Im going to make.

 

Ciao people..

 

GrandpaBacon,

ing out.