Chapter 18

Ouija Board

Small world.

If Amber's life hadnt been so out of normalcy, she wouldnt have believed such coincidence. But there she was, the main instrument, the bridge, the person who connected all the dots, the missing pieces.

Turned out that Jessica is Sooyoung's other cousin who went missing when the Family had a car accident few months ago.

And Amber wonders, does it have anything to do with her grandma's unfinished business? Aside from the Tarot Card and the Amulet?

She wanted to think so.

Cause really, its too much for a coincidence.

Taeyeon has the Tarot Card and fell in love with Jessica who is Sooyoung's cousin who fell in love with Sunny who possesses the Amulet.

It was just too much for a coincidence.

And Amber cant help not to think that there's more to it than that?

But what, she's not sure of.

And now, a day after being discharged from the hospital, Amber's already busying herself with the Ouija board.

"Grandma? Are you here?" She asked aloud but there was no response from the wooden piece. 

"Grandma? Are you here? Please answer me.." But still there's no response.

Her phone chimed, indicating a new message from her girlfriend and Amber cant help but shake her head while smiling as she read it out loud. "I miss you."

She dialed her girlfriend's number immediately. "Hey. Whats up with the message?"

"What? Its true." And Amber can imagine the pout on her girlfriend's lips. "I miss you."

"But I was just with you a minute ago." She answered.

"That was a minute ago and I miss you now. Youve been gone for too long."

"But its only been a minute."

"Even so.." Amber smiled. Krystal can be really sweet and cute when she wants too. "Come down here and play with me."

"In a bit.."

"Amber Josephine Liu. I didnt flew all the way to Korea to stare at your guest room's wall. I could do this at the hospital back in LA." And at that, her heart ached and she felt guilty.

 

It was the other night when her parents and Krystal along with her mom arrived. The first thing they did was visit her in the hospital. Mrs Liu cried  seeing her only daughter wrapped in bandage while Mr Liu was only shaking his head at Amber's mishaps, smile of relief plastered on his face. Krystal's mom was looking at her with worry and immediately hugged her when Mrs. Liu released her from her arms.

"Im sorry for making you all worried." She told them and got all different responses. And whilst everyone seemed to be happy she's okay, Krystal wasnt.

Amber gulped as she saw her girlfriend wheeled her wheel chair closer to her bed, well aware of her girlfriend's bad temper and now that she's not ocean's away from her, god knows what Krystal would do to her for not messaging her for days, for not calling her sometimes and for getting herself in trouble, more so for getting stabbed.

She closed her eyes and waited for her impending doom but a flick on her forehead wasnt exactly what she was expecting it to be.

"Your bravery do really get you into trouble huh?" Krystal's line brought her memories of their first real meeting. It was way back in college when Amber was just walking passed by an alleyway when she heard a girl's scream. It was none other than her self-acclaimed love at first sight Krystal Jung, being cornered by a drunk guy who happened to be their senior and was rumored to be pursuing the younger girl but the latter rejected him.

"Ohh come on, I know you like me, youre just being hard to get." Amber heard their senior said and saw him yanking Krystal further in the alleyway.

It was mainly stupidity, but Amber put it as bravery when she showed off her two year skill of training Taekwondo and kicked the drunk guy hard on his back and pulled Krystal away from the alleyway, but the younger girl seemed to really believed it as the former. "What? It was really stupid of you to just attacked him out of nowhere. What if he stood up and attacked you back or worst, killed you?"

"Well, he didnt. Cant you just say thank me for being brave for saving you?

"Your bravery will get you into trouble someday, but thank you."

And days after that, Amber pursued Krystal for a date that the latter agreed upon, fortunately.

Another flick on her forehead pulled Amber back from reminiscing her past.

"What can I say, I do think I have some knacks for it." Amber replied when she laced her fingers with her girlfriend who smiled warmly at her.

"But please be careful, I still want to see my girlfriend in a whole piece." Krystal told her as she squeezed her hand.

"I will, it'll be over soon. I promise."

 

"Amber... Come down here now. NOW." She heard her girlfriend whined at the other line of the phone and she cant really help but smile. Amber had been so busy lately that she forget how her girlfriend's voice sounds like and really after being with Krystal for two days straight, it only made her realize how she missed her so much.

"Yes princess, I'll be coming down now." Amber replied as she left the Ouija board on top of her bed and walked out of her room and into her girlfriend's weak yet loving arms.

 

 

 

 




Finally, Krystal is here and she's with Amber now.