Love You More

Fine Line

"You could've at least called," Luhan bit into his chicken sandwich again, sending bits of discarded lettuce flying across the back seat. I picked a piece off my lap then flung it at him, hitting him right on the shoulder. Mark put his hand in front of his mouth to hide his laugh but his shoulders shaking up and down was kinda giving him away.
"What?" Luhan surfaced from his angry sandwich eating and looked at him then to me. "What is he even laughing at?"
I shrugged, taking a bite of my own sandwich. Mark was either looking out the window or looking at me considering his head was turned in my general direction. Either way, he wasn't exactly paying attention to Luhan.

"Calling would've killed the surprise," Mark finally answered after he reached over and brushed away a bit of mayo on the corner of my mouth. I felt my face starting to burn under his touch. After all this time, I still couldn't keep it cool around him.
"So after like 5 months you decide to randomly pop up and 'surprise' us?" Luhan stuffed the rest of the sandwich into his mouth then crumpled up the paper it came in, throwing it back into the bag.
"More like I wanted to surprise _________________," Mark gave me a look as I took another bite, "but yeah, more or less."
"Wow, you jerk," Luhan threw him a look of his own. Mark crossed his arms and leaned back against the seat, propping his foot up on top of his knee in the process.
"Right....cause I'm the jerk. I didn't try to land the other person in jail!"
"That was 5 months ago! And you totally deserved it back then."

"Stop!" I swallowed the last of my sandwich and threw my own trash into the bag, snapping them out of their fighting for a split second. "Like you said, it's been 5 months....stop fighting about it already."

Mark and Luhan both turned their heads away from each other and stared out the window as we drove along the highway towards my meeting. I sighed, leaning backwards into the seat and resting my head onto Mark's shoulder. His hand immediately found itself into my hair, it softly while the other hand toyed around with one of my hands on the seat. After 5 months of being away from him, it felt great just to be able to do something as simple as putting my head on his shoulder. As the car continued down the street, my mind replayed the events that had caused everything that happened after the "dad incident". After the fight in the hospital between Mark and Luhan, they made me decide what I wanted to do with Mark since afterall, I was the victim. It was either press charges against him or let everything go. Of course, Luhan told me to press charges and give up on ever trusting Mark again, but for some reason, to me it just didn't feel right. After all, in the end, he did help us escape my dad.

So I dropped the charges.
Much to Luhan's protest.

Mark was grateful when he found out, but things still didn't go back to the way they were before.

"It's cause now I know," he had said to me one day at the hospital when I was visiting him. "I know that you're the heir to CE....or probably even the actual CEO now since your grandpa's.....dead."
"So you don't think we can ever go back to being even friends because I'm the CEO of a company?"
"It's not just any company ________________! It's CE! The company that ruined my family!" Mark looked at me with his big puppy eyes, swimming with tears all threatening to spill out. "I fell in love with the one person I shouldn't ever, and it's killing me on the inside!"


That silence that hung in the air almost suffocated me.
I closed my eyes as the memory of his tears streaming down his face as he told me he didn't know what to do anymore stung itself into my heart. I hated knowing that I was the reason for those tears. That I confused him even more than he confused me.
But back then, everything about our situation was confusing.

Mark ended up leaving. He said he needed to take some time to think about where our relationship was gonna go after everything that had happened and obviously he needed to clear his head and figure out what he was gonna do about his life post revenge plan.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I tried my best not to cry or show how crushed I felt by him leaving, but I'm pretty sure my inability to crack a smile that afternoon totally gave me away.
Mark shrugged with his hands still on his backpack straps. Maybe it was just me or the sunlight playing a cruel trick but it looked like his knuckles were white from squeezing the straps too hard. It looked like he didn't want to leave.
"I don't know. Not really sure how long a "self-discovering" journey is suppose to take," he gave me a faint smile, stepping a little closer as he said this and enveloping me into a warm hug before I even registered what was going on.

"But I'll definitely be back one day."


He never verbally told me that day that he still loved me, but for some reason I just couldn't see myself with anyone else but him. So I promised him something before he left.

"Mark!" I yelled after him before he got into the taxi. He let go of the door handle and turned around.
"What is it? Did I forget something?"
I stopped in front of him, keeping my eyes on the ground. "There's a lot about running a company, especially one this size with this much bad history, that I don't know and understand." I looked up slightly, enough to make eye contact with him, "But I promise, I'll try my best to make everything right."


I smiled as I remembered the way Mark looked after I said that. The slight red on his cheeks, the small "O" shape his mouth formed in surprise, and the way his eyes grew big never failed to make my stomach flutter. But the way the "O" disappeared into a smile that made his eyes squint up and the way his hands felt on top of my head made my stomach flip flop.

"Fighting," was all he said to me before he opened the taxi door. I could only watch as he slid himself into the back seat and closed the door, waving good bye at me through the window.
The tight feeling in my chest grew as the taxi pulled away and almost disappeared into the distance.
But it stopped.
And I have no idea why, but something told me that it had stopped for me.
In that moment, I ran the fastest I've ever ran before in my life, panting when I finally reached the taxi.

Mark had already rolled the window down by the time I got there and had almost half his body sticking out the car.
"I did forget something after all," he mumbled, his hands shooting out, one grabbing onto my arm and the other cupping my face and pulling me towards him.
Our lips met and the world disappeared again....just like the first time we ever kissed.
At least this hadn't changed.
When we finally pulled away, we were both panting slightly but we were both happy and sure about one thing.
Even though he had no idea what he was gonna do in the future, and no idea if we were even still gonna be a couple, we still loved each other.
 


Author's Note
chapter title: Love You More-Generations from Exile Tribe [x]
just in case you guys didn't pick up on it, the gray, italicized text is like a flashback/memory xD
it got cheesier than i anticipated lol sorry for the cringe worthy fluff! 

but can we also just take a minute to appreciate mark's dark brown hair!?!?!? UGH THIS BOY.....KILLIN ME.
i realized a lot of artists are going back to dark hair lately actually! or is it just me?