Always with you

Fine Line

"Ok everything's set," Luhan had one hand pressed to his ear and the other leading me into a room. I barely had time to throw all my stuff onto the table before the hair and make up people attacked me face with sponges and brushes. Apparently, last minute touch ups were extremely important. And I say that with every bit of sarcasm in my body.
"You do know that I don't actually need an entire SWAT team up there with me?" I brushed some forgotten loose strands away from my face as the hair stylist walked out of the room. Luhan shot me a look.
"It's like you wanna get abducted or something."
"Not even," I walked over and closed the door, watching his hand slowly leave the earpiece and drop down to his side. His eyes followed me around the room as I made my way to the other table that was piled high with fruit baskets and flowers. Every single one of them were from people I didn't know. Yet they all knew me. Maybe I've been desensitized to all this from spending too much time with my grandpa, but I didn't find it creepy at all. It all seemed normal to me.

"I think, maybe," I stopped picking at the clear plastic wrap surrounding a basket and looked at him. He was still staring at me, "all of this is a bit overkill. I'm only gonna be on camera for a little bit and even then, there's gonna be security people everywhere anyways cause my grandpa's there. You're gonna be tailing me the rest of the time, so what's there to worry about?"
"You honestly think I can take down Mark if he were to show up?" Luhan crossed his arms and leaned his back against the door, tilting his head slightly backwards. "He'd probably have that tall guy with him, which means they'll probably plow right over me."
"Mark's not even that big though," I moved my attention back to the plastic wrap, this time picking at the ribbon that hung from the handle. "I think you might be taller than him."
"Doesn't matter. He's probably stronger, which means I would lose. Badly." he put his hand back onto his earpiece, turned away from me, then spoke into it. I couldn't really hear anything from where I was standing. All I could see was his head nodding every now and again. A few minutes went by before he resurfaced, dropping his arm to his side again then motioning me over with a flick of his head. I flung away the ribbon I was playing with before and joined him by the door. Luhan gently put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile. For a split second there, I thought something definitely possessed him until I realized what was going on.

It was time.

"Don't be nervous ok?" he said as he pulled me into a hug. My body instantly froze. It felt so weird getting a hug again...especiallly one from him. I lifted one of my hands and patted his back. "I'll be fine. It's only for a couple of minutes anyways. And I already know what I'm gonna say."
I felt Luhan's head move up and down. This was probably the first time I've ever seen him this...silent. He was more nervous than I was, I could tell. But I have no idea why.
"You were right though," I pulled back from the hug, watching his eyes slowly move up to meet mine, "about my answer. I don't wanna let my grandpa down and since I can't trust Mark anymore, this is the only safe place for me. I don't have any where else to go."
"We cou-"
I shook my head, cutting Luhan off in mid-sentence, "I can't have security guards follow me around New York City. Too awks and way too obvious." I put my hand on the doorknob and turned, letting the door swing open, "So this is the only time I'll let you surround me with them without complaining."

I could've sworn I saw his lips twitch upwards for a split second. Then again, the lighting in the room wasn't the best so it could've been my mind playing tricks on me. Either way, Luhan didn't hesitate to throw up his hand and encircle me with security guards, all dressed in the same black suit, white button down, black shoes and tie, and black sunglasses. It legit looked like a scene out a movie. Luhan walked at the head of the pack, leading us through a maze of hallways and doors until we walked into a big clearing with a pair of heavy looking doors at the other end. I kept my eyes focused forward the entire time, trying my best to even out my breathing.
"We're gonna wait here until they give us the signal to go through the doors, so until then hang tight," Luhan announced without even turning his head around.

I let my eyes shut, trying to block out all the unnecessary thoughts in my head while ignoring how sweaty my palms were getting.
Hyperventilating right now and having a panic attack was definitely not an option.

"You ok?" a voice broke through my concentration, making my eyes snap open. I glared in Luhan's direction, expecting to see him staring straight at me.
But all I saw was the back of his head.

He wasn't the one who had just asked me if I was ok.

"Don't be scared __________________. I just want to talk," the voice came again, this time closer. I turned my head slightly to the side, trying to catch a glimpse of who was actually talking, but every time I moved, he would move with me, staying in my blind spots.

He's good.

"What do you want?" I hissed back, trying not to catch the other security guards' attention. 
"I just told you. I want to talk."
"I don't believe you. How the heck do I know you're not lying to me?"
"Because we've talked plenty of times back in New York and you haven't once not trusted me."


Author's Note
chapter title: Always with you-GENERATIONS from EXILE TRIBE [x]