Why Are You Being Like This?

Fine Line

I pressed my forehead against the cool car window. The amount of drugs that I took this morning should've been illegal. It'd be a miracle if I didn't pass out from drowsiness or some other side effect half way through this stupid ceremony/press conference thing.
Luhan was sitting next to me in the car, abnormally silent and staring out the window with his big Bambi eyes. He seemed more tense than usual, like anything could make him snap at any second. He didn't really say anything to me when he came to pick me up today to take me to the salon to get ready for this afternoon. All he did was hand me a pork bun and tell me to get into the car. Even when I was getting my hair and make up done, he didn't really say much. All he did was keep his eyes fixed to the back of my head, which I saw through the mirror as the lady was brushing and tugging my hair into a tight knot in the back of my head.

It was like I was under surveillance or something.

I didn't want to be the one who makes him snap, but I was itching to ask him about that text from last night. I texted him back that night but he didn't answer.
And he didn't really look like he wanted to talk about it today either.
But I had to find out what it meant.

"Luhan," I turned to face him, hoping he would respond. His head twitched slightly in my direction. He was listening. "Mark texted me this morning. He wants to know what I'm doing today."

Was I lying to get a reaction out of him? 
No.
The guy actually texted me this morning, and for the first time since we started dating, I ignored it.
Luhan's head snapped around, his eyes wide and alarmed.

"You didn't respond right? Does he know what you're doing right now?"
I shook my head, handing him my phone. "See for yourself."
Luhan took it from me and unlocked it, his eyes moving up and down as he scrolled through my messages. I watched his shoulder relax with every swipe of his finger.
"So you actually listened to me," he said, putting my phone into his own pocket. I didn't even object or ask for it back. It's probably better that he has it anyways.
"Yeah, so now do you wanna tell me why?"
"Why what?"
"Why I can't respond to him," I pointed at the pocket he put my phone into. "You make it sound like he's a criminal or something."

Luhan's eyes immediately clouded over and lost every bit of light that was in there before. His lips drew themselves into a thin line before he finally opened his mouth to respond.
"Because he actually might be."

If it was possible to scrunch up every muscle in my face out of confusion, then I think I might've done that, "What the heck are you talking about?"
"Yesterday, one of the security guards assigned to watch over you came with me when we followed you out. But I left him behind when I ran after you to the park. He got to the fountain courtyard right as some other really tall guy walked out to meet the guy you thought was Mark."
"Was it actually him?" I have no idea why I was even asking that. I so desperately wanted to believe that it wasn't, but before Luhan could even say anything, I already knew the answer to my own question.
Luhan nodded, "The security guard took a picture with his phone of the guy you saw. Even though the quality wasn't the best, the system still confirmed him as Mark Tuan. And plus," his eyes stared straight into mine, "you even said so yourself."
"What do you mean?"
"Last night, I walked in to check up on your fever. When I touched your forehead...you kinda said something."
"I was sleep talking?"
He nodded again, "You were mumbling Mark's name but in a distressed voice. And you kept saying 'no don't go' or 'why are you doing this'. Stuff like that."

"You totally are a creeper," I jokingly pulled away from him, giving him a derpy disgusted face. For the first time since he came to pick me up, Luhan finally laughed. But as quickly as it came, it disappeared and the dark mood settled in again.
"Yeah, I thought something seemed wrong yesterday," I finally broke the silence, leaning into my hand as my eyes fixed themselves on the passing scenery outside, "but I didn't think it would be something like this."
"We think he's planning something with that other hooded figure. The security guard could only catch Mark's face yesterday. The other guy had his back towards him so we couldn't identify him. Whatever they were doing, it didn't look right. We've taken extra precautions for this afternoon even though we don't have confirmation on what they're doing. That's why I don't you not to respond to his texts. We can't let our guards down....especially now."


Author's Note
chapter title: Why Are You Being Like This?-T-ara [x]
lol when i was writing this chaper, i had my itunes on shuffle and this song came on xD